Mayer's mule kick drop shot? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mayer's mule kick drop shot?

Havok
09-02-2004, 07:52 PM
So what do you think of this nifty shot Mayer is able to hit? I don't know if all of you were able to see these shots he hit (the match isn't over though, so tune in and he'll probably hit some more:p) but anyways it's exactly like those mule kick style backhands smaller players hit when they wanna jump up to the height of the ball to maximize their power off that side, but right a the last second Florian carves under it and hits a superb drop shot. The first time I saw him hit it, i seriously had a blank face on, and then when he pulled it off again I was like :eek:. So what are you're thoughts on it?

I_Love_Hot_Guys
09-02-2004, 08:03 PM
cute:)

Deboogle!.
09-02-2004, 08:03 PM
I'm not home but I taped tennis all day, I'll get back to you ;)

rassklovn
09-02-2004, 08:16 PM
It's a unique shot and Mayer has an unorthodox game, so when people see him play, he will never be forgotten.

Yes, the drop shot is a good one.

LiZpHaIr
09-02-2004, 08:26 PM
It's a unique shot and Mayer has an unorthodox game, so when people see him play, he will never be forgotten.

Yes, the drop shot is a good one.
damn your tennis commentating!

rassklovn
09-02-2004, 08:30 PM
damn your tennis commentating!

Meditation is good for you. Breathe in, breathe out.

Chloe le Bopper
09-02-2004, 08:39 PM
I love it. Very clever.

KarstenBraasch#1
09-02-2004, 08:45 PM
He's injured. :mad:

¿esquímaux?
09-02-2004, 08:49 PM
cool! :D I'm all for variety :)

alfonsojose
09-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Wanna see my horse bang c*m shot? :devil:

Havok
09-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Poor Mayer got injured.:sad: He was playing well, I like his game a lot.:yeah:

Shirogane
09-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Kinda like it. This might become his signature shot. Love the player.

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-02-2004, 09:17 PM
Mayer has an interesting game, and the dropshot is cool.

|-Safin_Coria-|
09-02-2004, 09:17 PM
aww poor Mayer!
he was doing so well!! i was rooting for him

Gigan
09-02-2004, 09:48 PM
aww poor Mayer!
he was doing so well!! i was rooting for him
Yeh, poor,poor Mayer... He has nice drop shot...
Poor...
But you can go now root for Safin or Coria?
Good luck for them..

jole
09-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Hope the thigh injury isn't very serious.

LCeh
09-02-2004, 10:25 PM
Yeh, poor,poor Mayer... He has nice drop shot...
Poor...
But you can go now root for Safin or Coria?
Good luck for them..

Calm down man, it's not like she insulted Andre or something, why are you being so sensitive anyway? :rolleyes:

Neely
09-02-2004, 10:35 PM
I like his drop shot, it is very unusual, but if he hits them, he's doing fine!

I'm glad that more people took notice of Florian now because he played that big match against Agassi now. I'm sure many people, especially non-Europe tennis fans, so far didn't even see him playing before, and so it's nice to see that the first feedbacks on his game are mostly positive. :) :yeah:

BTW, for those who don't know or haven't taken notice of it. Mayer is on the ATP pro Tour since beginning of this year, he was the most successful German at the Australian Open (because all others lost their 1st round match :haha: but Mayer reached the 2nd round ;) ), he made the semifinal in Estoril on clay (three qualifications wins, beating Gaudio(!), Stepanek and Hanescu), he has outgunned Gonzalez in the 1st round of Roland Garros (but then lost in a blowout to Escudé) and his biggest success for far was definitely the Quarterfinal at Wimbledon (beating Coria, Ferreira, J. Johansson, Arthurs). That was quite impressive because he played his first ever match on grass 2 weeks before in Halle (lost to Youzhny).
So Mayer can play and because he didn't have any points to defend he also got already a good ranking!

I just hope that he is not one of the young players who play a few good months, and then disappear :rolleyes:

I hope the injury is not too severe and I'm curious if he is also able to get a few wins during the indoor season.

Gigan
09-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Calm down man, it's not like she insulted Andre or something, why are you being so sensitive anyway? :rolleyes:

no, not sensitive!
I just wish a good luck for Safin and Coria.
I like their style of playing!!

Sorry man, but style of Federer - is not my style...

LCeh
09-03-2004, 01:48 AM
Sorry man, but style of Federer - is not my style...

Ok, it's not like I care, but thanks for telling... :wavey:

Gigan
09-03-2004, 01:58 AM
Ok, it's not like I care, but thanks for telling... :wavey:

No problem...

¿esquímaux?
09-03-2004, 03:23 AM
I like the dropshot, but I hope he doesn't use it too much and become dropshot queen of the ATP.

Space Cowgirl
09-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Great play by Mayer, bummer that he had to retire :awww: . He had Agassi dumbstruck with some of the audacious shots he pulled off. I hope he keeps up this good form he's built up since the start of the year.