Becy court pace this year, faster or slower? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Becy court pace this year, faster or slower?

Mohammad
11-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Hi guys

I'd like to know how the central court is this year in comparison with the previous years?! about the pace and also the bounce?!
Have you heard any player has complained about the slowness of the court?

Thanks in advance

n8
11-13-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't know, but I will use this opportunity to say that the ATP site still says Paris is an outdoor hard event:confused:.

philosophicalarf
11-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Haven't heard any comparisons year to year. Llodra did compare it to Lyon though, had a moan about the speed ..... but then he always does that after losing.

It's not like it's hard to hold serve here either, there have been a pile of aces this week, and last year. It's one of those curious indoors courts where the court plays "fast" for servers, but "slow" for rallies (like Bangkok, and Metz the last couple of years). Totally different though, because other indoors courts that reward servers tend to be the low bounce variety like Rotterdam (which has absolutely identical service stats to Paris).

Burrow
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
I don't know, but I will use this opportunity to say that the ATP site still says Paris is an outdoor hard event:confused:.

It's obviously an error, why are people still going on about this?

rocketassist
11-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Just as slow as last year.

madmax
11-13-2009, 02:52 PM
it's slower than ass...

munZe konZa
11-13-2009, 03:05 PM
it seems too slow, the net seems higher or the court is smaller. Very much difference from Basel

Burrow
11-13-2009, 03:08 PM
the net is not higher...

Start da Game
11-13-2009, 03:53 PM
the rallies look too slow to my liking........slowness is a thing of beauty only on clay........the hardcourts should be either fast-low or med-fast-bouncy according to me........paris courts look slow and somewhat low.......rebound ace is my favorite hardcourt by the way........

Black Adam
11-13-2009, 04:15 PM
How slow is ass.

Everko
11-13-2009, 04:21 PM
the net is not higher...

did you go out there on handa and knees to measure?? No

Start da Game
11-13-2009, 07:11 PM
it seems too slow, the net seems higher or the court is smaller. Very much difference from Basel

the net is not higher and the court is not smaller either.......it's just the camera angle that's different.......

Mohammad
11-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes, I think the camera angle causes the court seems even slower or at least increases the sensation of that.

philosophicalarf
11-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Yes, I think the camera angle causes the court seems even slower or at least increases the sensation of that.

Yeah - you get that whenever the typical bounce off the court appears to come towards the camera, so in 2D the ball seems to "stop" after hitting the court. For the same reason, a low+slow court like (eg Kuala Lumpur) can appear ridiculously fast with flat groundstrokes, because there seems to be a lot of movement.

Last year the players were saying this was now medium-speed, and it doesn't look to have changed.

Burrow
11-13-2009, 09:25 PM
did you go out there on handa and knees to measure?? No

don't you know why they go out there with a stick to measure? :retard:

xargon
11-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Djok says Basel was a lot faster than Bercy, if that's an indication.

born_on_clay
11-13-2009, 09:42 PM
It's fast
Players admit so

philosophicalarf
11-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Djok says Basel was a lot faster than Bercy, if that's an indication.

Yeah, that's not a surprise, Basel is really, really quick. It's the hardest court to break serve on the tour, even more than Queens or Cinci.

Deivid23
11-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Nadal said this year, centre court is faster than last one. To me it looks identical, though

BIGMARAT
11-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Nadal said this year, centre court is faster than last one. To me it looks identical, though

duh!!! every court to Nadal other than red clay is faster.

The announcers on tennis channel are saying that the court is really slow. No wonder Nadal is in the semis.

Ichiban1920
11-13-2009, 11:42 PM
It's beyond pathetic seeing the ATP cave into moonballers, dirtballers and grinders by making these supposedly indoor hardcourts slower than shit. Pathetic.

MrChopin
11-13-2009, 11:44 PM
It's fast
Players admit so

Bullshit. Anyone watching will immediately know that its slower than dead ass, which is significantly slower than ass (that is alive). Nadal is in the semis. Any more questions?

philosophicalarf
11-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Nadal said this year, centre court is faster than last one.

Maybe just Nadal that's slower :-)

Serve stats are a touch higher this year than last though (9% more aces/game, 10% fewer service breaks). I figured it was just normal variance, but then again that's definitely a large enough difference for players to notice.

Mohammad
11-14-2009, 08:40 AM
So we can consider Cincy as the fastest Masters of the year? yes?

Foxy
11-14-2009, 08:55 AM
The camera angle deceives. It makes it a lot slower than the actual speed. But there is something else. You should look just after the ball bounces to measure the surface speed not the whole travel through the air.

Mohammad
11-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Maybe just Nadal that's slower :-)

Serve stats are a touch higher this year than last though (9% more aces/game, 10% fewer service breaks). I figured it was just normal variance, but then again that's definitely a large enough difference for players to notice.

Where did you get such stats?