Bercy 3R: Cilic def. Verdasco 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bercy 3R: Cilic def. Verdasco 3-6, 6-3, 6-4

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Nando. :sobbing: His London fate is now in other's hands.

Chiakifug
11-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Verdasco was pissed.

So Soderling and Tsonga need to get to the final to pass him out in the race?

Yves.
Embarrassing loss.

Deathless Mortal
Great win for Marin :D
Go for that 9th place so maybe somebody pulls out :p

JolánGagó
Absolutely disgusting result. Extremely worrying and disappointing whenever a serving phone pole with no game to speak of defeats a proper player.

Tennis Is Dead

tennizen
11-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Good win this, for Cilic.

oranges
11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
:yeah:

samanosuke
mugfest at his really best .Unreal bad match

petar_pan
bravo cilkane

Byrd
Good to see this clown lose, hopefully Soderling or Tsonga get that last WTF spot.

jonathancrane
11-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Vaffanculo Nando
Tool

Voo de Mar
11-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Great win for Marin :D
Go for that 9th place so maybe somebody pulls out :p

Yes, I think it's interesting he can reach 9th position because I don't believe Roddick will participate.

malisha
11-12-2009, 04:19 PM
this is tennis

never in doubt even when he was a set down

TheWall
Absolutely disgusting result. Extremely worrying and disappointing whenever a serving phone pole with no game to speak of defeats a proper player.

Tennis Is Dead

I don't see how Cilic is any worse than "I can't beat anyone with a higher ranking than me"-Verdasco.

rocketassist
Verdasco should still probably qualify.

stebs
This year Verdasco plays relentlessly consistent good tennis. To beat him is not like toppling a great but you can be sure you need a very good performance. Cilic provided that today in the last two sets, very impressive ball striking and he can hit through a court like this with no problems at all. A danger for everyone when he starts firing.

I still feel with Cilic though that he is almost random with his highs and lows, it's not even pressure related. It's just he'll hit big for a set, bad for another, on, off, on, off. You can never really predict his streaks.

Verdasco leaves his WTF spot up for grabs if Soderling, Tsonga or Gonzalez are in good enough form to take it.

madmax
11-12-2009, 04:20 PM
real deal this "Future of tennis"..:devil:

Ad Wim
11-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Hahaha, incredible mug this Verdasco, he doesn't even deserve to be in London. All because one good run in Australia...

Still, I don't see any of these happening: Sod R Gon R Tso W Cil W Ste W
So he'll probably go.

Jimbolero
11-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Terrific first three games from Verdasco but then .. nothing followed :sad:

oliverbwfc
11-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Marin :rocker2:

Goldenoldie
I'd still prefer Verdasco in London than any of the alternatives. There could be some exciting tennis this week though.

gulzhan
Good for Kolya :dance:

stebs
11-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Hahaha, incredible mug this Verdasco, he doesn't even deserve to be in London. All because one good run in Australia...

Far from it, Verdasco also won a title, reached two finals, reached another semi and nine quarter finals this year. It has been a case of remarkable consistency.

alter ego
11-12-2009, 04:24 PM
I think this means Davy is through to London.

Ilovetheblues_86
11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Vamos Söderking take Verdasco out of London, he´s not sophisticated enough for it :crazy:

Voo de Mar
11-12-2009, 04:32 PM

Yes, now he can only lose his 7th position.

Forehander
11-12-2009, 04:32 PM

Tennis Is Dead

Proper player :haha: a proper player who's absolutely clueless whenever the opponent can man handle his cross court forehands

Ivanatis
11-12-2009, 04:35 PM
nice :)

JolánGagó
11-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Proper player :haha: a proper player who's absolutely clueless whenever the opponent can man handle his cross court forehands

should i bother to reply? :scratch:

your optimally idiotic sig says definitely not, sorry.

Voo de Mar
11-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Vamos Söderking take Verdasco out of London, he´s not sophisticated enough for it :crazy:

Soderling has to advance to the final, Tsonga has to win to take last spot. It would be nice to see their SF with double meaning :)

scarecrows
11-12-2009, 04:38 PM
despite being a fan I think Verdasco's form lately hasnt been any good so Soderling and Tsonga would be better for WTF

philosophicalarf
11-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Verdasco has too many injuries, too little gas in the tank. He's been trying to drag an unwilling body to London........ might have dropped dead just short.

With Fed out, Delpot not looking too sharp, and Murray looking knackered, there's a decent shot for Cilic, Monfils or Gonzo to make the final.

Ad Wim
11-12-2009, 04:45 PM

Yep.

Clydey
11-12-2009, 04:50 PM

Tennis Is Dead

Verdasco the mindless ballbasher is a "proper player" now?

bjurra
11-12-2009, 04:50 PM
despite being a fan I think Verdasco's form lately hasnt been any good so Soderling and Tsonga would be better for WTF

Agreed. Verdasco seems in need of vacation. I really hope Cilic doesnt make it...

simplet
11-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Verdasco the mindless ballbasher is a "proper player" now?

To make sense of his posts in general, replace "disgusting player" or any equivalent with "non-spaniard" and "proper player" or anything to that effect with "spanish player". Hope that helps.

oranges
11-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Agreed. Verdasco seems in need of vacation. I really hope Cilic doesnt make it...

Cilic can't make it other than as an alternate.

JolánGagó
11-12-2009, 05:17 PM
To make sense of his posts in general, replace "disgusting player" or any equivalent with "non-spaniard" and "proper player" or anything to that effect with "spanish player". Hope that helps.

very simplet indeed :lol:

Burrow
11-12-2009, 05:17 PM
ha. screw you verdadco, come on robin soderling

malisha
11-12-2009, 05:19 PM
tough day for JolánGagó with his both favs down(Donkey and Verdasco) against the players he hate

Arkulari
11-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Nando :sad:
if he can't qualify, I hope Toad does ;)

Lopez
11-12-2009, 06:28 PM

Alternatively, replace "disgusting" with "attacking" and/or "well serving" and "proper" with "grinding/moonballing/not bending over for Nadal/non volleying/can't serve"

Deivid23
11-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Good win Marin, well played from 2nd set onwards

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Verdasco has too many injuries, too little gas in the tank. He's been trying to drag an unwilling body to London........ might have dropped dead just short.

With Fed out, Delpot not looking too sharp, and Murray looking knackered, there's a decent shot for Cilic, Monfils or Gonzo to make the final.
Try telling that to everyone else. Through his injuries he's still kicking 90% of the top 100's ass. Once he has that damn foot problem fixed in the offseason, I think there's room for him to do even better next year than this year.

philosophicalarf
11-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Try telling that to everyone else. Through his injuries he's still kicking 90% of the top 100's ass. Once he has that damn foot problem fixed in the offseason, I think there's room for him to do even better next year than this year.

Hrrrm, dunno about that. Let's face it, he's had a whole season since the Aus Open, and lost to every top tenner he faced - 11 in a row. It seems to be mental though, he regularly takes sets, had Roddick in a final set tiebreak at Montreal, and had Nadal's number in Madrid before choking. Every time he ends up losing...... just as he's done throughout his entire career.

Still, plenty time to prepare for the Aus Open, which probably suits him nicely because of his fitness advantage, and the slowish courts there mean it's hard to attack him. Indian Wells and Miami also offer nice possibilities for the same reason (he wasn't fully fit/match sharp there this year).

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 11:39 PM
His record against the top 10 is an ugly stain on his otherwise excellent 2009. I think he's too good however not to EVER win over another Top 10 player. And if he finally did it for the first time since AO 2009, maybe he wouldn't doubt himself so much when facing them in the future. :shrug:

Havok
11-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Mind you most of his top 10 opponents he faced this year were really top 5 players; MASSIVE difference between he likes of Fed, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray & Roddick as opposed to say Davydenko, Tsonga, Soderling, Simon, etc.

Tough luck for Nando, but I really hope he still makes it. Definitely deserves it over anybody else still fighting for that last spot.:o

Still don't think Roddick will play the TMC though (possibly just 1 match) so I still think he will participate in the event. If he doesn't, however, I would love to see Tsonga there as the last accepted player!

FlameOn
11-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Mind you most of his top 10 opponents he faced this year were really top 5 players; MASSIVE difference between he likes of Fed, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray & Roddick as opposed to say Davydenko, Tsonga, Soderling, Simon, etc.

Tough luck for Nando, but I really hope he still makes it. Definitely deserves it over anybody else still fighting for that last spot.:o

Still don't think Roddick will play the TMC though (possibly just 1 match) so I still think he will participate in the event. If he doesn't, however, I would love to see Tsonga there as the last accepted player!
It wouldn't kill me if Soderling or Tsonga qualify. Gonzalez though, I don't think he quite deserves it.

Roddick might not participate but I think it wouldn't feel the same to qualify by someone elses misfortune as qualifying outright on your own merits.

malisha
11-13-2009, 02:13 AM

Nando served much better than Marin here;)
saved 15-30 few times and had the big serve when he needed it and by the way Cilic needs to work alot on his serve as it tends to crack at times..he is far from serving phone pole