Kiefer(19) def. Saulnier 7-6(0) 6-3 7-6(4) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kiefer(19) def. Saulnier 7-6(0) 6-3 7-6(4)

Bilbo
09-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Good for us Germans, bad for GoDom :yeah:

;)

sol
09-02-2004, 06:38 PM
I was worried because Saulnier is playing very well these days. Kiwi was able of manage his disadvantages in the 1st & 3rs set. His 1st serve % was only 43%. He'll need a better yield against Johanson.

Go Kiwi! :bounce: :banana:

sol
09-02-2004, 06:39 PM
for GoDom :yeah:

;)
:lol:

Billabong
09-02-2004, 09:33 PM
well done Nico:)!

KarstenBraasch#1
09-02-2004, 09:46 PM
That was pure luck.

Neely
09-02-2004, 10:55 PM
well done, Kiwi! :banana: :banana:

Kiefer finished Saulnier just at the last moment to prevent that this match is going to 4 or even 5 sets.
That saved him important energy.

Before this match I was scared because Kiefer played just average in his 1st round and because Saulnier really posted some impressive results the last weeks, including very close losses to Lleyton and PimPim.

It was kind of nerve-racking when he was again down a break in the third set, but fought back again and was lucky that the chair umpire didn't give Saulnier this ace in the tiebreak. I think his serve caught the line and should have been an ace. That was the deciding minibreak and even more importantly, it was important for him that he didn't choke again.

Saulnier really was pretty crap today and made soooooo many unbelievable easy errors, and Kiwi didn't even play really good (especially in the third set :o ), but I'm glad that it was enough! :yippee:

He will have to play MUCH better against Thomas Johansson to stand a chance. This what he showed today was not good enough, but with time passing by, I hope that he will feel more and more comfortable in New York and maybe he finds a better rhythm for his 3rd round match! :clap2:

Gooooooo Kiwi! :D :smooch: :clap2:

Iheartandy&roger
09-03-2004, 03:00 AM
Not a shocker Kiefer's great. Keep at it!

Space Cowgirl
09-03-2004, 12:07 PM
That was pure luck.

GoDom, I think you should cut down on the amount of lemons you're eating, they're bad for your health, you know :lol:

Kiwi :rocker: