Opinion Poll - Tennis Pay Per View Live Streams [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Opinion Poll - Tennis Pay Per View Live Streams

mad1town
11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Would like to gather your opinion about Live Streaming Video and Pay Per View. If you take a few minutes to share your thoughts it would be greatly appreciated:

1. Have you ever watched Live Streaming Video of an ATP or Challenger level tennis match?
2. Did you pay for the live stream or was it a free for viewers?
3. If it was a pay per view event, did you pay for the PPV or did you watch a stream that was "stream-ripped" on a free site (ex. Justin.tv, Ustream, etc.)?
4. How much do you think you would pay for 1 day of streaming video from a tournament?
5. How much would you pay for a weekend of live streaming (ex. Quarterfinals-Finals)?
6. Do wish Live Streaming video was available for an entire tournament or are you satisfied to only watch quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals?
7. Which statement from below do you most agree with (a, b, c, d, or e)?

a. Live Streaming is a great service and I would (or have) pay to watch online
b. Live Streaming is a great service but I would only pay a small amount to watch online ($5 or less per day)
c. Live Streaming is great but I would only watch if it is free
d. Live Streaming should be free for all fans and I have no problem watching a "hijacked or stream-ripped" event even though the quality is not as good as the "real" live video stream on the PPV site.

Thank you for taking the time to answer!!!

jonas
11-09-2009, 09:17 PM
1. Yes
2. Payed
3. Payed
4. One dollar
5. 3 dollars
6. Entire tournament
7. B

Arkulari
11-10-2009, 01:32 AM
the tennistv.com streams have pretty good quality but the coverage is disgraceful, they should cover all the 250 events of the year and the 500 completely, this year both Basel and Valencia were available only from thursday on :rolleyes:

there should be one central website with the streams for all tournaments including GS, I wouldn't mind paying for that :shrug:

CyBorg
11-10-2009, 01:55 AM
1 .. I have seen live streaming video online

2 .. I payed for it

3 .. never watched pay-per-view; only payed subscriptions .. do use justintv and similar stuff from time to time, with bitterness

4 .. for a final of a major tournament I would probably pay up to five bucks .. for a regular day no more than 3

5 .. quarterfinals-finals - would not pay more than 10 bucks, but for 10 it would have to be a major and I would have to be desperate

6 .. live streaming for entire tournament for sure

7 .. I will put it this way - I'd pay a large amount (eg. 30 bucks) for a two-week Wimbledon stream (or another major I suppose), but what appeals to me the most are the early matches .. not the late ones .. the late ones are on tv anyway .. I would be paying for the convenience of watching week one matches in good quality and preferably with replay options.

I also have no problem with "ripped" streams, if they are available. But I pay for quality.

kai.
11-10-2009, 05:47 AM
1. Yes..
2. It was free
3. Hell no, i will not pay for tennis if iam not going to go.. so i use free servers..
4. Nothing, because in any place should be the free..
5. Nothing
6. It would be great if is available for all the tournament, Sometimes big tournaments just stream 4 days.. and that is such a shame.. if they have all the cameras set up for the week why dont use them? :rolleyes:
7. D..

Roddickominator
11-10-2009, 06:03 AM
I've watched plenty of free streams, both poor and solid qualities. I'd probably pay for a yearly subscription to get high quality and a majority of the matches for a reasonable price....no more than $50 or so a year(preferably cheaper obviously) before i'd go looking for alternatives.

MIMIC
11-10-2009, 06:51 AM
1. Have you ever watched Live Streaming Video of an ATP or Challenger level tennis match? YES
2. Did you pay for the live stream or was it a free for viewers? FREE FOR VIEWERS
3. If it was a pay per view event, did you pay for the PPV or did you watch a stream that was "stream-ripped" on a free site (ex. Justin.tv, Ustream, etc.)? N/A
4. How much do you think you would pay for 1 day of streaming video from a tournament? $0
5. How much would you pay for a weekend of live streaming (ex. Quarterfinals-Finals)? $0
6. Do wish Live Streaming video was available for an entire tournament or are you satisfied to only watch quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals? ENTIRE TOURNAMENT

d. Live Streaming should be free for all fans and I have no problem watching a "hijacked or stream-ripped" event even though the quality is not as good as the "real" live video stream on the PPV site.

scoobs
11-10-2009, 07:03 AM
1. Have you ever watched Live Streaming Video of an ATP or Challenger level tennis match? Yes more times than I'd care to count.

Depends. I have paid for decent quality live streams and used free ones.

3. If it was a pay per view event, did you pay for the PPV or did you watch a stream that was "stream-ripped" on a free site (ex. Justin.tv, Ustream, etc.)?

I've done both at different times.

4. How much do you think you would pay for 1 day of streaming video from a tournament?

No more than $3 or $4 and that might depend on the line-up - I prefer to pay for a full tournament pass for a reasonable rate than do it daily.

5. How much would you pay for a weekend of live streaming (ex. Quarterfinals-Finals)?

$10-$12

6. Do wish Live Streaming video was available for an entire tournament or are you satisfied to only watch quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals?

I prefer full tournament coverage so I can pick and choose which early matches I want to watch. Full match replays as live is also a big draw to me as many times tournaments are not in a convenient timezone for me to watch live and have a normal life.

b. Live Streaming is a great service but I would only pay a small amount to watch online ($5 or less per day)

b

krystlel
11-10-2009, 09:38 AM
1. Have you ever watched Live Streaming Video of an ATP or Challenger level tennis match?
Yes for ATP, no for Challenger level.

I've used both before, but I prefer paid over Bet365/Bwin videos if it's not too expensive. Full screen and more reliable that it will work when the time comes.

Tried both.

I usually wouldn't pay for a day only. I like paying for a whole tournament better.

$5-$7 (US) depending on which players are playing it.

Whole tournament is much better.

It really depends on how much interest I have in a particular tournament. But I think much of the time for the bigger events I'm willing to pay for it, as long as it's not ridiculously expensive.

maxardy
11-10-2009, 01:49 PM
1. yes
2. free
3. no
4. 0.00
5. 0.00
6. free ones are always available
7. c

Yves.
11-10-2009, 02:00 PM
1. Yes
2. It was free.
3. It was stream-ripped.
4. € 1,- or $ 1,-.
5. Max. $ 5,- (incl. doubles!)
6. Entire tournament.
7. D.

Lee
11-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes

Free

Free

$3 or less but almost all of the tournaments I want to watch lately are on TV or free live stream (not stream-ripped)

Same as above

entire tournament

B

philosophicalarf
11-10-2009, 03:50 PM

Nearly every day :-)

Done both.

Buy it if it's available (tennistv and eurosport player), otherwise I'll find a dodgy stream. Would be nice to have a package covering all 250s.

Personally, I'd pay a premium price. Tennistv is reasonably priced though, use that as guideline.

I prefer the whole thing. Probably not a bad idea to have split packages though, a lot of people will only want to watch friday night+the weekend.

That one.

mad1town
11-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks to all of the responses!