WADA- actions are worse than doping [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WADA- actions are worse than doping

case
11-09-2009, 12:26 PM
With the recent events concerning agassi, malisse, and gasquet, it once again reminded sports fans that the doping rules have been misused and/or lax or can be overly harsh and unfair.

athletes in other sports use, get caught, and play again to cheers.
athletes from the richer countries have access to drugs that go undetected.
so the drug rules are more favorable to some countries and less to others.

now we have tennis wanting to know every minute where you will be. so in order for a tennis player to play tennis that player has to give up their civil rights. no sport has the right to force such sacrifice.
this is ENTERTAINMENT- not a world crisis. it doesnt require a suspension of human rights or dignity

as a tennis fan i am becoming very uncomfortable with this injustice.
by supporting the sport i am supporting a wrong.

let them dope. if a professional player is dumb enough to risk their health these are adults.
most people are risking their health these days just by eating or drinking water. here in america we have all kinds of toxins in our food and water and no one cares enough to stop it.

doping is better than the current rules.

while i am bothered by doping and would like a clean sport i am more bothered by the dirt that is WADA

Action Jackson
11-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Dick Pound didn't take you on for work experience then.

case
11-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Dick Pound didn't take you on for work experience then.
on dick pound or duck pond
from wiki-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Pound
"On August 9, 2008, during a conversation in French, when asked about whether the IOC was embarrassed to be affiliated with China's recent political history he replied: "We must not forget that 400 years ago, Canada was a land of savages, with scarcely 10,000 inhabitants of European origin, while in China, we're talking about a 5,000-year-old civilization."[15]

Two months later, the Aboriginal advocacy group LandInSights asked for him to be suspended from the International Olympic Committee for the remark. Pound responded that it was a clumsy remark that was taken out of context and that in the particular French expression used, "un pays de sauvages", the French sauvages was not equivalent to English "savages".[16]"

what a guy:rolleyes:this is WADA- smacks of racism-i rest my case.

Henry Chinaski
11-09-2009, 06:05 PM
utter bollocks. you can count the number of out-of-season blood and epo tests in tennis on one hand. I mean literally. the data is all there. go look it up. the idea that the current testing regime in tennis is anywhere close to be harsh on the players is completely absurd.

so they have to go online and let someone know where they're going to be. well boo-fucking-hoo.

Vale
11-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Nalbandian is recovering from hip surgery and they sought him out in the little village in Argentina where he lives with his mother to do the test!:eek:

Purple Rainbow
11-09-2009, 08:17 PM
You guys obviously haven't been following cycling for the past 10 years.
Drug testing in tennis is laughable by comparison.

Sunset of Age
11-09-2009, 08:43 PM
With the recent events concerning agassi, malisse, and gasquet, it once again reminded sports fans that the doping rules have been misused and/or lax or can be overly harsh and unfair.

Quite the contrary, the examples (perhaps with the exception of Malisse as he's not even accused of having used dope) you give, show that it's in fact very necessary indeed.

this is ENTERTAINMENT- not a world crisis. it doesnt require a suspension of human rights or dignity

No, it's not (at least not in the first place) entertainment, it's a SPORT, meaning that all contestors should have the chance to participate in a fair contest, which means: No Doping.

Exactly.

Mechlan
11-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Post of the year.

Echoes
11-10-2009, 11:16 AM

An illustration of this I mentioned in the cycling thread, which rather shocked me: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pere...urant-corridor

TheMightyFed
11-10-2009, 11:49 AM
There's some truth in what you say OP, there is injustice in the fact that richer countries can supply undetectable stuff.
But the issue is that ATP and ITF don't look for certain substances like CERA (3rd generation EPO), while the tests exist.
About letting players dope freely, it is gonna be a nightmare, with guys dying right and left, because as we see in cycling or in Puerta's case, guys would do anything to get their share of glory and fortune. Today they are ready to get caught once, twice, thrice if necessary, but they will dope.

The concept of keeping blood samples many years in order to perform extra new tests when they will be available is a good one IMO because in the long term guys will get caught and the public will get more careful in the bandwagoning department.

The WADA sets some rules, they might be not perfect but at least there is a will to catch cheaters. If Malisse is not happy with these rules and tries to escape, he might not be very clean, let's be honest.

But the huge hypocrisy is with recreative drugs. Gasquet is hassled for a very small amount of cocaine one one hand, on the other hand they litteraly let players take CERA, blood doping ! And Agassi got a cover up for meth addiction not so long ago... please, stop the joke...

Action Jackson
11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Malisse wasn't trying to dope, if he was, then he has shit dealers, but the 3 missed tests rule are there for numerous reasons.

TheMightyFed
11-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Malisse wasn't trying to dope, if he was, then he has shit dealers

LOL :devil:... anyway it makes sense that Malisse tries to get out of his hole with a little help...