Moving my thread here - Turkey/middle east thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Moving my thread here - Turkey/middle east thread

Or Levy
11-08-2009, 08:59 PM
What the HECK is going on with Erdogan?

Fine, he went 180 on Israel, I guess he decided to join the club, though the last time I checked, 9 years ago or so when that earthquack happened, it was Israeli soldiors pulling dozens of injured turkish people out of the rubble, while most of his other middle-east neighbors couldn't give a damn, but like everyone, he has a short-term memory.

But to invite the president of Sudan, and to announce that Israel commited worse crimes than the goverment of Sudan, because Muslims aren't capable of genocide?

"Also in an address to party members on Sunday, he said "those world leaders who criticize us, have they ever visited Darfur? Their information is solely based on what the rapporteurs are reporting. These kinds of moves will not contribute to world peace."

"It's not possible for a Muslim to commit genocide," he said, adding "that's why we are comfortable with the visit of al-Bashir."

I could stand critisism of Israel so much better, if those doing the most critisising weren't so damn hypocrtical.

Okay. Vent over. I can you can slam me now.

Har-Tru
11-08-2009, 09:00 PM
So no video of the Turkish Prime Minister smashing a racket? Damn.

:(

Bilbo
11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
You haven't told us about Goldstone's UN report, Or Levy.

buddyholly
11-08-2009, 09:11 PM
It's the UN. They never get anything right.

jonathancrane
11-08-2009, 09:16 PM
It's the UN. They never get anything right.

Yeah, like 1948 ;)

Or Levy
11-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Without getting into THAT, Lets say, just to defuse the argument, that the Goldstone report is 100% correct.(I really don't - but for the sake of argument).

Even if it is is 100% true. What right Turkey has to pass any kind of judgement, after what Turkey did to kurds? When they are standing by Sudan, even though the death toll the UN is talking about in Sudan is 35,000?

Turkey is basically supporting the international law - but only if it is enforced on Israel, and Israel alone.

If you're a Muslim, you obviously can't commit those horrible crimes, so why bother talking about it? If it wasn't so sad, it would make me laugh. I thought was a decent guy, he's turning out to be a nut.

Bilbo
11-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Erdogan can't be worse than any Israeli PM :shrug: