Grosjean - Ljubicic
Bye (11) Simon
Robredo (14) Bye
Berdych - Qualifier
Almagro - Qualifier
Bye (2) Nadal

rhinooooo
11-06-2009, 05:42 PM
I hope Tsonga is fit enough to roast Rafa...

rocketassist
11-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Almugro, Boredo, Simon... no wonder Nadal's indoor results look good on paper.

Certinfy
11-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Berdych potential R3 for Nadal, could be interesting if it happens.

Dammit!!! Kohli vs Seppi in R1, and Murray, Del Potro and Isner in the same quarter :mad:

:o Just realised no Roddick :sad:

fsoica
11-06-2009, 06:01 PM
I'd love to see Fed vs cilic in QF and vs delpo in SF

habibko
11-06-2009, 06:11 PM
interesting draw, I want to see a Fed vs. Del Pony SF :devil:

Certinfy
11-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Same here Habibko, would be awesome to see Del Potro beat Federer again :)

Santoro Magician
11-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Stinker of a draw for Del Potro and Murray booo, hisss, booo

Santoro Magician
11-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Also just noticed if Murray and Del Potro reach QF's the winner could have a big impact on who finishes year end no. 4

Sunset of Age
11-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Looking forward to yet another exquisite match Nadal - Almugro. :drool:

:silly:

Voo de Mar
11-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Main draw already? Santoro is going to end his career against Blake, Safin one round later...

Corey Feldman
11-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Nadal and his f'en never ending easy draws with Almagro and Robredo :lol:

EnriqueIG8
11-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Main draw already? Santoro is going to end his career against Blake, Safin one round later...

Play (1st round) starts on Sunday, mate :)

Corey Feldman
11-06-2009, 06:39 PM
you have to hand it to Uncle Toni, he is unbelievably good

MrChopin
11-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Nadal has the Spanish players and the Grandmaster. Tough one.

JediFed
11-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I hope Federer can pick up a final here, or win it all. If he wins, he ties Agassi.

If he gets a final, he'll have a final in all of the Super 9. :D Never been done before.

docking34
11-06-2009, 08:10 PM
looks like blake will end santoros career and the qualifier could end safins carreer also. if not, delpony will

sawan66278
11-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Pretty balanced draw here...each of big guns has legit chance to win. And just enough road blocks in each quarter to ensure at least one big upset. You have to love the Masters series.:)

Goldenoldie
11-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Murray and Del Potro - interesting if both are fully fit. Otherwise potential Djokovic v Davydenko is pick of the quarters.

Sapeod
11-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Yesss! Murray gets Del Mugtro in his quarter, so now Andy can thrash that braindead hulking neanderthal.

Certinfy
11-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Yesss! Murray gets Del Mugtro in his quarter, so now Andy can thrash that braindead hulking neanderthal.And what happens if Del Potro beats him? :rolleyes:

Sapeod
11-06-2009, 09:19 PM
And what happens if Del Potro beats him? :rolleyes:
It'll be a strategic tank.

Labamba
11-06-2009, 09:42 PM

Santoro will play next year ;)

Noleta
11-06-2009, 09:53 PM
It'll be a strategic tank.

:lol:

Nole fan
11-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Actually Federer has the easiest draw, I don't know why you're criticising Nadal... I guess people just can't stay ever objective.

tennishero
11-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Delpo vs Safin should be interesting, similar types of players, one ending his career the other starting. Im not sure if Delpo has recovered yet, and safin will look to end on a high, could be a close one.

Havok
11-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Looks kind of boring to be honest. After the USO nobody cares anymore and matches/tournaments are usually filled with randomness/seeds bowing out very early.

Sunset of Age
11-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Actually Federer has the easiest draw, I don't know why you're criticising Nadal... I guess people just can't stay ever objective.

Nobody is 'critizing Nadal'. Some of us just had a bit of fun because he's got a fair bunch of Spanish Clay Clowns in his draw, as well Tsonga who got injured this week, and we've yet to see whether Söderling can be anywhere near his best as he's just recovering from an injury as well. So I don't see why his draw is so much harder than Fed's.
In all I think this is a very fair draw for the both of them. Djokovic and Murray have the most difficult quaters I think.

Burrow
11-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Safin steals the show, let's face it, the French crowd are only going there to support the 3 time champion. :worship:

Voo de Mar
11-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Safin steals the show, let's face it, the French crowd are only going there to support the 3 time champion. :worship:

I hope he'll draw some weak player (Kubot for example) to play at least two matches. Let's be realistic - against fit Del Potro is almost chanceless.

kyleskywalker007
11-07-2009, 01:28 AM
Yesss! Murray gets Del Mugtro in his quarter, so now Andy can thrash that braindead hulking neanderthal.

Right, following your line of thought, that makes Mugray some sort of a vampire with a horrible tooth-job, who, by the way, has chosen the not so lauded path of endless pushing.

PS---->Did I mention he is yet to win a slam? I suppose a neanderthal has gone one better. Completely off topic I know, but well, someone deserved to be bugged.

doublebackhand
11-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Right, following your line of thought, that makes Mugray some sort of a vampire with a horrible tooth-job, who, by the way, has chosen the not so lauded path of endless pushing.

PS---->Did I mention he is yet to win a slam? I suppose a neanderthal has gone one better. Completely off topic I know, but well, someone deserved to be bugged.

:worship:

Purple Rainbow
11-07-2009, 08:04 AM
I hope Federer can pick up a final here, or win it all. If he wins, he ties Agassi.

If he gets a final, he'll have a final in all of the Super 9. :D Never been done before.

This.
And I'm also old eough to remember "Super 9" tournaments! :p

Jimbolero
11-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Hopefully a Safin-Del Potro 2nd round :worship:
Fer will have to fight a lot not to be caught up by his predators :mad:(Soderling and Tsonga)

Can you tell me, how is Soderling's health currently? I know he was forced to retire from a tournament (I don't remember whiwh one). Because he can be so dangerous and sharp playing indoors that I'm a little bit scary for my spaniard. :help:

Does anyone see Tsonga keeping his title? :shrug:
I feel this is Fed's year in Paris: he won RG so why not Bercy now?

Certinfy
11-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Wouldn't really be surprised if Tsonga defended Paris. And i hope he does :)

Start da Game
11-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Nobody is 'critizing Nadal'. Some of us just had a bit of fun because he's got a fair bunch of Spanish Clay Clowns in his draw, as well Tsonga who got injured this week, and we've yet to see whether Söderling can be anywhere near his best as he's just recovering from an injury as well. So I don't see why his draw is so much harder than Fed's.
In all I think this is a very fair draw for the both of them. Djokovic and Murray have the most difficult quaters I think.

who are you kidding "fed-all" fan? federer's draw is once again a joke in comparison to rafa's........filled with tankers like wawrinka, cilic and a midget like verdasco.......

berdych, tsonga, simon in rafa's quarter who all know how it feels beating both rafael and federer.......

murray too has one hell of a draw.......djokovic and federer(as usual) have it easy.......

Certinfy
11-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Del Potro has the hardest draw IMO:

R1: Bye
R2: Safin
R3: Gonzo/Isner
QF: Murray
SF: Federer/Verdasco
F: Tsonga/Nadal/Djokovic/Davydenko

Start da Game
11-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Del Potro has the hardest draw IMO:

R1: Bye
R2: Safin
R3: Gonzo/Isner
QF: Murray
SF: Federer/Verdasco
F: Tsonga/Nadal/Djokovic/Davydenko

fair enough.......murray and delpotro have the toughest........

Goldenoldie
11-07-2009, 02:29 PM

It's comments like this that give Murray fans a bad name. Surely you can express your dislike of a player without such language.

I am very reluctant to bad-rep anyone, but you are getting very close.

Sapeod
11-07-2009, 02:31 PM
It's comments like this that give Murray fans a bad name. Surely you can express your dislike of a player without such language.

I am very reluctant to bad-rep anyone, but you are getting very close.
saying braindead and hulking isn't bad language.
BTW, I wasn't being serious with my post.

Sapeod
11-07-2009, 02:32 PM

Thank you for your post. I suppose you thought I was being really serious with my post.

What a shame.

Burrow
11-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I hope he'll draw some weak player (Kubot for example) to play at least two matches. Let's be realistic - against fit Del Potro is almost chanceless.

Marat is far from having no chance against a fit Del Potro, I don't think Del Potro is a bad match up for Marat. He's not played as badly as his results have suggested this year, he's lost plenty of close ones and I think he could give him a run for his money, especially in a tournament where he has an unbelievable record.

rocketassist
11-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Marat is far from having no chance against a fit Del Potro, I don't think Del Potro is a bad match up for Marat. He's not played as badly as his results have suggested this year, he's lost plenty of close ones and I think he could give him a run for his money, especially in a tournament where he has an unbelievable record.

I'd love it if he beat Del Potro but the tournament surface is a lot less suited to him nowadays compared to the really good carpet surface.

Indoor tennis is catered for slow court players nowadays.

Guy Haines
11-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Nobody is 'critizing Nadal'.

Yes they are. Starting with Rocket Assist's typical unreasonable 'a Nadal win means nothing' complaint.
For a Federer-Nadal fan your preference has swung way over to the Federer side during Nadal's downswing.
The person who pointed it out is a Nole fan.

rocketassist
11-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Yes they are. Starting with Rocket Assist's typical unreasonable 'a Nadal win means nothing' complaint.
For a Federer-Nadal fan your preference has swung way over to the Federer side during Nadal's downswing.

Where have I said it means nothing? Fact is he has been given the most cupcake of cakewalk draws.

phelbyn
11-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Good draw for Federer. Tougher lower half.

Guy Haines
11-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Where have I said it means nothing? Fact is he has been given the most cupcake of cakewalk draws.

Wah wah wah. You regularly confuse your opinions with facts.

freeandlonely
11-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Roddick?

Jimnik
11-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Disappointing draw.

No Roddick, Ferrero, Hewitt or Nalbandian.

feuselino
11-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Chiudinelli as a SE to meet Nadal maybe in R2? Could be interesting...

madmax
11-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Chiudinelli as a SE to meet Nadal maybe in R2? Could be interesting...

yup, he could extend the list of moonballer killas with his current form:worship:

Corey Feldman
11-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Almagro, Robredo is a tougher draw than Petzchner, Monfils, Cilic and Verdasco you hata's!

kyleskywalker007
11-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Thank you for your post. I suppose you thought I was being really serious with my post.

What a shame.

Just for the record, I don't dislike Murray at all, it's just some fans and especially the british media which makes me think twice. But, next time try something more grown up.

docking34
11-07-2009, 09:06 PM
anyone know if paris is streamed on sunday?

Leo
11-07-2009, 09:21 PM
SE for Misha as well?

Sallydaisy
11-07-2009, 09:55 PM
The commentators in Valencia, during the Murray/Verdasco match said that Del Potro had withdrawn from the Paris Masters?

Anyone know if this is true?
Seems to be no reports anywhere.

superslam77
11-07-2009, 09:59 PM
you have to hand it to Uncle Toni, he is unbelievably good

:lol:

MrChopin
11-08-2009, 01:42 AM

A Noletroll talking about objectivity. That's a laugh.

dan_the_man1983
11-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I think Federer will win his first Paris Masters title.

Matt01
11-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I think Federer will win his first Paris Masters title.

No way. He can't even win his home tournament in Basel anymore :devil:

Sapeod
11-08-2009, 05:41 PM
The commentators in Valencia, during the Murray/Verdasco match said that Del Potro had withdrawn from the Paris Masters?

Anyone know if this is true?
Seems to be no reports anywhere.
I hope to God he has. I won't have to look at his ugly mug then :D

Matt01
11-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I hope to God he has. I won't have to look at his ugly mug then :D

Look at the ugly mug in your sig and then come back again (or better not) :rolleyes:

Sunset of Age
11-08-2009, 06:07 PM

So, RA = 'they'? :rolleyes:

Very elegant of you to leave out the second half of my post in your quote, where I said that both Fed and Nadal have a relative equal, and, compared to Murray and Djokovic, comfortable draw, with both easy and not/so-easy opponents. But I guess saying something like that is ´swinging over to the Fed side´ in your book. :shrug:

rocketassist
11-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Haines is still hurting from RG, ignore him.

Guy Haines
11-09-2009, 03:31 AM
Haines is still hurting from RG, ignore him.

Real original. Yawn. Only time I thought about RG recently was when I came across a small, buried news ticker item about how Soderling missed his drug test there.

Karin, I call it as I see it. You don't have to agree with me, though there's evidence before and after (and in?) your first post in this thread. It's not worth getting into, I guess, we just don't agree.