Fish, Indesit player of the month? No way [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fish, Indesit player of the month? No way

alfonsojose
09-02-2004, 03:31 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2004/fish_player_of_month.asp

Over Massu and Hewitt? :rolleyes: Even Andre and Roger in spite of his early loses deserve it more 'coz the won Master Series shields each one

Deboogle!.
09-02-2004, 03:51 PM
I don't think it's intended to be for players that are already near the top of the rankings... that was just my interpretation of it. I took it as more for people that were hovering lower and had one or two good tournaments (like past people Ancic and Canas) that moved them up. In that case, Mardy makes sense since he was really struggling this year before the Olympics.

amethyst
09-02-2004, 03:53 PM
That seems indeed a strange decision. But if understand the article correctly this stuff is about the player who makes the biggest jump in the Champions Race. So Roger will probably never be INDESIT player of the month because he can´t go up anymore :lol:

Deboogle!.
09-02-2004, 04:07 PM
here, it's explained on the ATP site, it sounds like it's a pretty objective gague - whoever jumps the most spots on the Race in the month is the player of the month lol
-------

America’s Mardy Fish is the INDESIT ATP 2004 Race Player of the Month for August after his impressive run at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, where he claimed the silver medal. The American climbed 21 positions, the biggest jump in the Top 50 of the INDESIT ATP 2004 Race in August.

Fergie
09-03-2004, 01:42 AM
America’s Mardy Fish is the INDESIT ATP 2004 Race Player of the Month for August after his impressive run at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, where he claimed the silver medal. The American climbed 21 positions, the biggest jump in the Top 50 of the INDESIT ATP 2004 Race in August.
And Nico jump around 19 or 20 positions and won the gold medal ... Who understand :rolleyes:

BaselineSmash
09-03-2004, 01:50 AM
Outrage!

Although Fish could be in contention for the INDESIT Worst Player Of The Month if he keeps his current form going.

azza
09-03-2004, 02:18 AM
there americans who run the website what do you expect :tape:

2Tough4Men
09-03-2004, 02:38 AM
And Nico jump around 19 or 20 positions and won the gold medal ... Who understand :rolleyes:

I guess he jumped less than Fish. :rolleyes:

If that is the criteria, then how can you argue with it? I think it's a fairly stupid award, but it is awarded how it should be.