Gasquet's case in front of CAS on the 10th of november [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gasquet's case in front of CAS on the 10th of november

duong
11-05-2009, 04:31 PM
http://www.tas-cas.org/en/infogenerales.asp/4-3-544-1092-4-1-1/5-0-1092-15-1-1/
10 November 2009
CAS 2009/A/1926 International Tennis Federation v. Richard Gasquet
CAS 2009/A/1930 WADA v. ITF & Richard Gasquet

Gasquet's case will be in front of the CAS on Tuesday.

I highly hope that the case will be public because I just saw that the procedure of the CAS is normally confidential and the awards are not published :mad: :

http://www.tas-cas.org/en/20questions.asp/4-3-229-1010-4-1-1/5-0-1010-13-0-0/

I think it's absurd : an organization like the CAS should be trusted and then their hearings should be public :mad:

All the more as in this case, the first trial's hearing had been made public :

ITF Tribunal's deliberations (http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_42899_original.PDF)

And the arguments which had been presented by the tribunal looked very convincing to me (see my signature).

I would accept that they change the decision and give him a heavier suspension than the initial one (3 months) ... but only if they can destroy these initial arguments and give precise and clear arguments themselves.

If they don't make anything public, I will suspect a political decision (especially in the context created by Agassi, which will make that the WADA wants to punish tennis organizations about their past behaviour) ... and this suspicion is very unpleasant.

Please share the information you have. I think that all of the CAS cases should be made public if they want to be trusted :mad:

GlennMirnyi
11-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Why should it be public?

Just because you're a Gasquet-fan?

duong
11-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Why should it be public?

Just because you're a Gasquet-fan?

Once again, Glenn, I'm not a Gasquet-fan, I have much to say against him as a tennis-player (and I would support Federer or Nalbandian against him, that's for sure) and even as a person as far as his maturity comes.

But I want the law to be fair.

I was convinced by the first case's arguments. And that's the only reason why I display these arguments in this forum.

... because these arguments were public.

If this one is not public and they don't confirm the first trial's decision, I will suspect injustice

... and I don't want to feel this suspicion. That's all.

It's for my mind feeling relax, I don't care at Gasquet.

GlennMirnyi
11-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Once again, Glenn, I'm not a Gasquet-fan, I have much to say against him as a tennis-player (and I would support Federer or Nalbandian against him, that's for sure) and even as a person as far as his maturity comes.

But I want the law to be fair.

I was convinced by the first case's arguments. And that's the only reason why I display these arguments in this forum.

... because these arguments were public.

If this one is not public and they don't confirm the first trial's decision, I will suspect injustice

... and I don't want to feel this suspicion. That's all.

It's for my mind feeling relax, I don't care at Gasquet.

The law isn't fair already. He's playing right now - that's not fair. He's a doper, should be flipping burgers at the McDonalds franchise in Paris.

Black Adam
11-05-2009, 06:43 PM
I hope the whole Agasi revelations make then see the ligt and man up. Gascoke should do time for 2 years, otherwise all the clowns will have a precedent to coke-out and get away with it.

Truc
11-05-2009, 07:08 PM
The awards have always been published in the very few cases I've followed. Are most of the cases really kept confidential?

Cloudygirl
11-05-2009, 07:10 PM
They usually publish findings on their website.

Truc
11-05-2009, 07:15 PM
The initial suspension was 2 months and a half, btw, not 3 months. That's a bit different, 3-month-suspensions exist, but it sounds like he got a "tailor-made" suspension, I guess that was a bit irritating for the WADA & Co.

Bad Religion
11-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Hopefully a two years ban

duong
11-05-2009, 09:03 PM
They usually publish findings on their website.

Thanks a lot : I don't understand then why they say that they keep them confidential in the link I posted :confused:

Do they publish all of the hearings or only one short text (which I wouldn't trust much) ?

Cloudygirl
11-05-2009, 09:10 PM
http://www.tas-cas.org/recent-decision

they publish them here.

Generally speaking unless the parties agree that the details should remain confidential the findings do get published in some detail.

duong
11-05-2009, 09:48 PM
http://www.tas-cas.org/recent-decision

they publish them here.

Generally speaking unless the parties agree that the details should remain confidential the findings do get published in some detail.

That's great ! :clap2: :clap2:

in that case, I totally regret my initial words and fear which were totally unfair to that organization :yeah: (but surely what they had written was very confusing :unsure: ).

That's the only thing I want : a fair and square judgment where we can feel safe that justice has been done.

I don't care the result or Gasquet : I only want to be convinced by the arguments :yeah: and be safe about that justice feeling.

fast_clay
11-05-2009, 11:38 PM
That's great ! :clap2: :clap2:

in that case, I totally regret my initial words and fear which were totally unfair to that organization :yeah: (but surely what they had written was very confusing :unsure: ).

That's the only thing I want : a fair and square judgment where we can feel safe that justice has been done.

I don't care the result or Gasquet : I only want to be convinced by the arguments :yeah: and be safe about that justice feeling.

fear not... white nose man with one nostril also find justice in crap forehand...