Basel R2: Cutienelli def. Lammer 2-6 6-3 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Basel R2: Cutienelli def. Lammer 2-6 6-3 6-3

Dini
11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Entertaining match. A lot of fight from both and topsy-turvy points. Lammer overpowered though, and Chiudinelli reaches the second QF of his career in front of his home crowd. :bounce:

bokehlicious
11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Now take the title Marco :rocker2:

:lol: :p

acionescu
11-05-2009, 02:28 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry:

Burrow
11-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Cutienelli?

Dini
11-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Cutienelli?

Yeah. That's how his name is pronounced. Nearly.

Burrow
11-05-2009, 02:44 PM
No it's not.

And why would that matter...

Har-Tru
11-05-2009, 02:44 PM
No it's not.

Yes it is (nearly).

Dini
11-05-2009, 02:45 PM
No it's not.

How is it pronounced then?

Plus, players have nicknames. :shrug: Gotta learn to live with that one day... :p

Burrow
11-05-2009, 02:46 PM
This guy's nickname is 'cutienelli'? The guy is shit, he doesn't have enough recognition to have a nickname, he's an old man and has barely won a match.

GlennMirnyi
11-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Q-dinelli.

Way closer to the pronunciation.

Dini
This guy's nickname is 'cutienelli'? The guy is shit, he doesn't have enough recognition to have a nickname, he's an old man and has barely won a match.

Then "Crazy Dani" or "the King" shouldn't exist by your logic. They don't win tournaments day in day out.

He's been plagued with injuries a lot throughout his career. He's now been showing some form reaching two quarterfinals and a 3rd round showing at the USO. That's better than what Gulbis has done this year, for example.

CooCooCachoo

Firstly, yes Chiudi and Cutie sound quite similar. If you don't know how to pronounce his name, don't judge. Secondly, Marco actually has quite a large fanbase and one that has been growing rapidly. Thirdly, for someone with the injury problems that he has suffered from, he has shown a lot of resilience and actual love for the game. Seeing as you are a Safin fan, this is something I am sure you are not much acquainted with.

CooCooCachoo
11-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Anyways, it's very nice to see Marco in the QF :banana: Good showing from Michi too though.

Bashak
11-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Good Job Marco! Pathetic first set but the bathroom break and costume change surely helped him get his head back together. Some real nice play from Lammer as well in this match.

Hellraiser
11-05-2009, 03:56 PM
"Kjudinelli" and "Ciutinelli" I was using the first, but from judge's I heard my version and second, nvm Marco has the best in lifetime season he's playing very well & hard something like Melzer good service and good fh to make some rallys, he's really putting exp from training with Fedex to the game it's really a good business he can make something quite big in new season for himself, and I'm couting on it!.

Allez Marco Chiudinelli!

CooCooCachoo
11-05-2009, 04:10 PM
"Kjudinelli" and "Ciutinelli" I was using the first, but from judge's I heard my version and second, nvm Marco has the best in lifetime season he's playing very well & hard something like Melzer good service and good fh to make some rallys, he's really putting exp from training with Fedex to the game it's really a good business he can make something quite big in new season for himself, and I'm couting on it!.

Allez Marco Chiudinelli!

What GlennMirnyi said, Q-dinelli, is pretty much on key. But as a nick name that is easily converted into Cutienelli/Q-tinelli.

networthy
11-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Marco is very cute. That's good enough for me to call him "Cutienelli."

Sapeod
11-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Cutienelli?

No it's not.

NID from Ugly Safinette.

Burrow
11-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Then "Crazy Dani" or "the King" shouldn't exist by your logic. They don't win tournaments day in day out.

He's been plagued with injuries a lot throughout his career. He's now been showing some form reaching two quarterfinals and a 3rd round showing at the USO. That's better than what Gulbis has done this year, for example.

Gulbis >>>>>>>> This guy. If you can't see it then you've no tennis knowledge.

And yes, i'm not a typical MTF cliquey mug, I'm not a sheep so I don't just go round copying others.

Burrow
11-06-2009, 08:49 AM
NID from Ugly Safinette.

I'm actually handsome and get told so now and then. :shrug:

Dini
11-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Gulbis >>>>>>>> This guy. If you can't see it then you've no tennis knowledge.

Not this year. I hope this helps.

And yes, i'm not a typical MTF cliquey mug, I'm not a sheep so I don't just go round copying others.

Good for you, Mr. Grumpy.

Burrow
11-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Who cares about this year, Gulbis isn't gonna lookback on his career and think 'oh damn, that Swiss guy done a little better than me'

Who gives? If you can't recognise Gulbis' potential then you're just a typical MTF 'I only watch tennis but know nothing about the actual game' kinda guy.

CooCooCachoo
11-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Potential is pointless if you cannot make use of it.

bokehlicious
11-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Burrow is almost as smug as Har-Tru... and that speaks volumes :rolleyes: :retard:

Dini
11-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Who cares about this year, Gulbis isn't gonna lookback on his career and think 'oh damn, that Swiss guy done a little better than me'

Who gives? If you can't recognise Gulbis' potential then you're just a typical MTF 'I only watch tennis but know nothing about the actual game' kinda guy.

Of course I know Gulbis has potential. His serve is big, his forehand is big, he can surprise you in the forecourt... his backhand needs some work though. But most of all he needs a brain transplant. Potential means sh!t little if you can't produce the results on court.

You implied that Chiudinelli has done nothing/not much and that's why I mentioned that he's done more than a lot of players on tour, including Gulbis. He's reached one QF in Tokyo where he had to play qualie matches to get to the main draw and pushed Tsonga to 3. He's in the quarters of Basel, with a possibility of going even further. He's reached the 3rd round of a Grandslam, losing a tight match to Davydenko. He's also won a challenger this year and a doubles event.

He is worthy of the top 100.

FSRteam
11-07-2009, 10:58 AM

To burrow: Or marat... ;)

Certinfy
11-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Dammit Lammer :(