Some insights from Federer regarding the Asian swing and his off-october [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Some insights from Federer regarding the Asian swing and his off-october

fsoica
10-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Speaking in his home country this weekend, Federer said: “People like it still that I am the No 1 or the No 1 again so I have to make a hard decision, the one or the other [either the tour or the Davis Cup] because both together is not working, I feel it myself, it is consuming. If I hadn’t played the Davis Cup I maybe would have gone to Asia, so you see how much energy the Davis Cup takes [out of you]”.

Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6861161.ece

Dini
10-14-2009, 04:29 PM
:hearts:

TheBoiledEgg
10-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Asian swing should be same time as IW and Miami tourns in March.

two pointless series of events going on at same time both leading to nothing.

JolánGagó
10-14-2009, 05:35 PM
"people"? what people? :scratch: i for one couldn't give a fried donkey turd whether he's nº.1 or not :shrug:

Dini
10-14-2009, 05:53 PM
"people"? what people? :scratch: i for one couldn't give a fried donkey turd whether he's nº.1 or not :shrug:

His home country people. It even says that in the paragraph.

out_here_grindin
10-14-2009, 06:25 PM
O great that last sentence forshadows another Davis Cup withdrawal next year.

E

Foxy
10-14-2009, 06:28 PM
O great that last sentence forshadows another Davis Cup withdrawal next year.

Spain hosts Switzeland in 2010. I can't see rog playing there too.

guga2120
10-14-2009, 06:33 PM
No matter what "people" say, If it comes down to helping his country, or his ranking. We all know what he will choose.

rocketassist
10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Roger's speaking bollocks, the DC isn't exactly a slog.

barbadosan
10-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Roger's speaking bollocks, the DC isn't exactly a slog.

And just when did YOU play Canada, Cincinnati, through to the finals of USO and then Davis Cup? Just asking so we can give the proper weight to your opinion :)

latso
10-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Roger is the supah mastah also because of the perfect planning of his calendar.

Davis or no Davis, Bangdick, Shanghai or not, he'll be the best ever forever. This is what stays. The rest is blabla

Roddickominator
10-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Roger is a smart man, doing just enough for his Swiss fans to keep them happy while not actually caring at all. We in America are waiting for you Roger, to become an American citizen and play Davis Cup and 2012 Olympics with us.

l_mac
10-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Bit of a stretch to call those comments "insights" :retard:

Did he answer any questions about fashion shows?

star
10-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Speaking in his home country this weekend, Federer said: “People like it still that I am the No 1 or the No 1 again so I have to make a hard decision, the one or the other [either the tour or the Davis Cup] because both together is not working, I feel it myself, it is consuming. If I hadn’t played the Davis Cup I maybe would have gone to Asia, so you see how much energy the Davis Cup takes [out of you]”.

Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6861161.ece

:awww: Federer thinks only of the people and what they want. Poor thing draining himself for Davis Cup just for his country. It's amazing what he puts himself through. So many demands from the people for him to be number one, no wonder he can't give his all to DC. :hug: :hug:

MrChopin
10-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Lots of Rafatards in this thread. Very surprised by that.

l_mac
10-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Lots of Rafatards in this thread. Very surprised by that.

Maybe OP should have posted this in the Fed forum to keep out the riff raff :hug:

GlennMirnyi
10-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Maybe OP should have posted this in the Fed forum to keep out the riff raff :hug:

5uXu067MTqI

nobama
10-15-2009, 12:52 AM
This article was published on Oct 5 with the headline Andy Murray faces anxious wait before he learns his fate. You post it on Oct 14 with the thread title of Some insights from Federer regarding the Asian swing and his off-october. Your point of posting this (and posting it in GM) is?

fsoica
10-15-2009, 05:14 AM
This article was published on Oct 5 with the headline Andy Murray faces anxious wait before he learns his fate. You post it on Oct 14 with the thread title of Some insights from Federer regarding the Asian swing and his off-october. Your point of posting this (and posting it in GM) is?

the point ?

who gives a f#$c about some logic in this ?

Just annoying some rafa-tards and laughing my ass off :devil:

garad
10-15-2009, 09:31 AM

and you of course speak for the people...

garad
10-15-2009, 09:32 AM
No matter what "people" say, If it comes down to helping his country, or his ranking. We all know what he will choose.

Like he did in the last month, yes?