whattheheck
10-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Good match.

Fiberlight1
10-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Great forehand to end it.

rocketassist
10-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Overrated match- it was on Blake's racket all the way through and he shit his pants.

orangehat
10-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Once again Nadal couldn't hold on in the 2nd set, loses it in a TB, then comes back to win it in a third. Pretty high-quality tennis most of the time.

habibko
10-14-2009, 12:48 PM
never in doubt, Blake outplaying Nadal when he is trailing and not under pressure, and falling short when the pressure is on.

moon language
10-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Solid show from Nadal. Typical stuff from Blake.

SheepleBuster
This is seriously a major offense by Nadal. I wouldn't call it racism but the fact that Nadal beats a brother so many times after being his pigeon clearly shows that something's going on. Aside from joking, Blake had a plane to catch. No fair.

philosophicalarf
Choketastic from Blake at the end.

Good heart to come back from a break down in 2nd and 3rd sets though, but bit meaingless if you're going to give it away at the end.

Sunset of Age
Good match, some nice bit of choking by both along the route... :rolleyes:

Congrats, Rafa! Take your chances here... draw is opening up nicely for you! :yeah:

alter ego
10-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Deja vu

Vida
10-14-2009, 12:53 PM
rafa :yeah:

old school.

aussie_fan
10-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Always enjoy good Rafa-Blake matches, Blake picked up his game after wsn't that good in the first.

Voo de Mar
10-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Choketastic from Blake at the end.

Good heart to come back from a break down in 2nd and 3rd sets though, but bit meaingless if you're going to give it away at the end.

Typical Blake. He has been losing matches like this the whole career.

SheepleBuster
10-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Blake sucks. He really does. He should've won this match. He gave that last game away. I thought after he broke back, he was going to beat Nadal. But he is clearly a step slow. Either too aggressive or not aggressive enough and Rafa isn't scared of him. But I'd be surprised if Rafa wins this tournament. I'd be surprised if Rafa wins any tournament without major help from players (choke jobs) and organizers.

FlameOn
10-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Great match. James. :hug: You played good, especially set 2.

HarryMan
10-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh yeah Blake choked, it had nothing to do with the guy on the other side making him hit 3-4 balls each and every time....

Nadal was the better player and Blake was actually lucky to win that second set.

Fedexex
10-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Blake:o

Foxy
10-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Blake sucks. He really does. He should've won this match. He gave that last game away. I thought after he broke back, he was going to beat Nadal. But he is clearly a step slow. Either too aggressive or not aggressive enough and Rafa isn't scared of him. But I'd be surprised if Rafa wins this tournament. I'd be surprised if Rafa wins any tournament without major help from players (choke jobs) and organizers.

WTF? Blake was trailing by 15 points at the end of the third set before the last game. If he had won it it would have been totally unfair. Not to add he had only 2/3 converted breaks while Rafa has now after the match 5/8. Totally deserved result. And it never should have been a third setter. Credits for Blake, though. But I think the match was on Rafa's racquet in the second.

rocketassist
10-14-2009, 01:02 PM
WTF? Blake was trailing by 15 points at the end of the third set. If he had won it it would have been totally unfair. Not to add he had only 2/3 converted breaks while Rafa has now 5/8. Totally deserved result. And it never should have been a third setter. Credits for Blake, though. But I think the match was on Rafa's racquet in the second.

A match is rarely ever on Nadal's racket. That's how he plays.

GuiroNl
10-14-2009, 01:07 PM
How did a player who wasn't in the lead even once in the entire match "choke"?

RedFury
10-14-2009, 01:08 PM

Yep. Because that's just how he got each and everyone of his 36 ATP titles, 6 Slams included.

Tell you what though, for having a room temperature IQ you're damn smart. And don't let anyone tell you differently -- they'd just be picking on you.

StellaP
10-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Overrated match- it was on Blake's racket all the way through and he shit his pants.

Charming!

rocketassist
10-14-2009, 01:10 PM

Because he was the better player throughout and the match was completely down to whether he kept his game going or went off the boil and the latter happened.

Blake of 2005-2006 would have donkey punched him.

GuiroNl
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Because he was the better player throughout and the match was completely down to whether he kept his game going or went off the boil and the latter happened.

Ok...

Vaccine
10-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Nadal was the better player today and it was a better match than the previous one in Beijing

HarryMan
10-14-2009, 01:16 PM

The match being completely on one player's racket is an easy way to describe a match. Blake was having to hit 4-5 extra shots on each and every shot and that takes its toll on anyone (especially a ball basher like Blake).

Better player throughout? Is that the reason Nadal has won their last four matches? Blake was never winning this match and was lucky to take it to the third set.

phelbyn
10-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Too bad the better player on the day didn't close out the match.

Corey Feldman
10-14-2009, 01:17 PM
what another choke by Blake

dunno where this Rafatito gets his luck from tbh, but i'd like some of it

l_mac
10-14-2009, 01:21 PM

:lol:

jcempire
10-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Nice
Go Nadal

Har-Tru
10-14-2009, 01:26 PM
With every match of him I see the notion that we'll never see the best Nadal again keeps growing.

sawan66278
10-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Went to bed after 6-2 for Rafa in the first. Wake up and find he again choked the second...almost the third, and eked out a win. Its obvious: he's afraid of Blake at some level...and lacks the confidence to take him out as he should...in straight sets.

And the court seems to be playing REALLY slow...with Delpo gone, Rafa has a shot. But, again, the shorts? Good grief.:rolleyes:

FlameOn
10-14-2009, 01:32 PM
You idiots Blake did not choke. :lol: It was a close match and there could only be one winner. It was also decided by an outright winner from Nadal, not a crazy error from James.

l_mac
10-14-2009, 01:48 PM
With every match of him I see the notion that we'll never see the best Nadal again keeps growing.

Yup. Usually this is the time of year when Rafa shines and he is v. disappointing in 2009 :tears:

tangerine_dream
10-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Blake-Nadal matches are must see TV. :cool: Good effort, James. Well done, Rafa.

Clay Death
10-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Blake-Nadal matches are must see TV. :cool: Good effort, James. Well done, Rafa.

i wish he would stop losing those tiebreakers. that has to be frustrating for him as he is out there on the court for about extra 60-70 minutes that he does not need to be.

The Freak
10-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Thought James might get over the hump in this one...guess not.

At least he's finding a little bit of form it looks like.

MariaV
10-14-2009, 02:38 PM
i wish he would stop losing those tiebreakers. that has to be frustrating for him as he is out there on the court for about extra 60-70 minutes that he does not need to be.

It was just a workout he could use right now to get back to top shape. :shrug: And he's a Spartan after all, no? What's another 60 min on court for him. ;)

SheepleBuster
10-14-2009, 02:42 PM
“I told you the other day it's a difficult year for me, so every victory is really important for me [it was] and special today,” admitted Nadal. “I had the match under control, set and break, playing really well. But [then] anything can happen when you are 4 All in the third. I thought I deserved to win the match, because most of the time I think I played better than James.”

And Rafa is not arrogant. Just like they are not racist when they make fun of the Chinese at the Olympics. Or they made fun of Eto'o when he was playing Madrid. Making monkey noises and all. Please. You can show these people everything they need to see and they still claim Nadal is a humble God.

Source: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2009/10/Shanghai-Wednesday-Nadal-Tsonga-Soderling-Advance.aspx

SheepleBuster
10-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Yep. Because that's just how he got each and everyone of his 36 ATP titles, 6 Slams included.

Tell you what though, for having a room temperature IQ you're damn smart. And don't let anyone tell you differently -- they'd just be picking on you.

I didn't say that. Did I? But it's all over brother. He can't beat Del Potro, Murray or Novak. And even his Pigeon got him in front of his crowd. Oh and let's not forget about the mighty Soderling who WILL take Nadal out again next year at the French. Nothing against Rafa. But 1. he is not humble 2. he is not invincible 3. I couldn't care less if he didn't play another game on the tour. It's not about my IQ. It's about what i think. And you spoiled little child need to learn that. Of course, what can you expect from you people.

Mats68
10-14-2009, 02:55 PM

Bear in mind this is not his time of the year. Remember his usual losses in Madrid indoors, Paris Bercy and Masters Cup? I wouldn't read too much into Nadal's performances in the autumn. Moreover, he's had a difficult year, so every win is going to help his confidence for next year. We might not see the Nadal of 2008 again, but in my opinion he will win at least a couple more RG, and try hard to get the USO for his career slam.

Today I found Blake played much better than last week, and so did Nadal. It was a higher quality match, although never in doubt. Logical that the mentally stronger player wins these tight matches, but I think James is in the right track to come back to the top 15.

rocketassist
10-14-2009, 03:05 PM

Because surfaces were homogenized, not deliberately, but they were to favour long baseline rallies and slow courts all round.

Any other time he would only win on clay.

Rafa = Fed Killa
10-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Sparta

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2009, 03:09 PM
What a joke this Flake. Even Cilic can beat Nadull.

Clay Death
10-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Sparta

probably not ready to win any titles yet but at least its a step in the right direction. good win for the clay monster. now all we need is for him to stay healthy. wins and titles will come eventually.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/claydeath/v_strelok080100018.jpg

madmax
10-14-2009, 03:40 PM
You could almost feel a smell of choke at 5-4 in the third, when Blake gifted the match to Nadull after playing so well to break him back...the shortage of mentally strong players on the tour is really worrying - seems like all the experienced ones are lacking cojones, while the young ones are ripping moonballer into pieces on harcdourts. Well, nobody is beating Joker here anyway, so no MS title here for Nadull..

Foxy
10-14-2009, 04:06 PM
I didn't say that. Did I? But it's all over brother. He can't beat Del Potro, Murray or Novak. And even his Pigeon got him in front of his crowd. Oh and let's not forget about the mighty Soderling who WILL take Nadal out again next year at the French. Nothing against Rafa. But 1. he is not humble 2. he is not invincible 3. I couldn't care less if he didn't play another game on the tour. It's not about my IQ. It's about what i think. And you spoiled little child need to learn that. Of course, what can you expect from you people.\

:haha: :haha: :haha:

new-york
10-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Some people take chances, James takes sets. :rolleyes:

ChinoRios4Ever
10-14-2009, 07:06 PM
well done Rafa :yeah: far of his best anyway

whattheheck
10-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Rafa still has to improve his game

betowiec
10-15-2009, 01:15 AM
4th in a row for Rafa vs Phat ass

MrChopin
10-15-2009, 01:55 AM

Players have won 6-0 6-0 and still choked. This is a clear choke by comparison.