Shanghai R2: Schuettler def Haas 6-4 RET. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Shanghai R2: Schuettler def Haas 6-4 RET.

rubbERR
10-14-2009, 06:46 AM
Epic result

KarlyM
10-14-2009, 06:49 AM
What happened? :confused:

n8
10-14-2009, 07:05 AM
Poor Haas has struggled so much with injury. Schuettler is the second oldest player in the top 100 (after Santoro) and is still finding ways to get points. Good luck in the third round Schuettler.

born_on_clay
10-14-2009, 08:24 AM
No..............

leng jai
10-14-2009, 08:25 AM
I am happy.

whattheheck
10-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Another injury for Haas?

born_on_clay
10-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Another good result for Djoko :)
Come on !

el tenista
10-14-2009, 08:40 AM
ATP says right shoulder. Congrats. Could have been his last match.

Sunset of Age
10-14-2009, 08:54 AM
ATP says right shoulder. Congrats. Could have been his last match.

That sucks big time. :(

MIMIC
10-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Really sorry about Haas's injury but happy about the result.

Mimi
10-14-2009, 09:03 AM
poor him, no luck at all :sad:. Better luck next time :angel:

Fabilicious
10-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Maaaan, always the same shit with Haasi:(

This clown Schüttler will face a fine double-bagle against Djoko (even against Fognini)...

JMG
10-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I was surprised Haas did even play this tournament.

GHETTOTENNIS
10-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I hope it's nothing too serious :sad:

Ad Wim
10-14-2009, 11:10 AM
That's what you get from being a journeyman...

oranges
10-14-2009, 11:14 AM
That's what you get from being a journeyman...

What are you on about? How is he a journeyman and how does it result in a shoulder injury anyway? :rolleyes:

mr_burns
10-14-2009, 11:25 AM
not the shoulder...though his first service winning was quite good...can it be that bad...

el tenista
10-14-2009, 02:21 PM
To be serious, Haas' behaviour was a joke. He cancelled Tokio to drink some beers with his father, travels to Asia for one week and has to give up due to an injury. Of course such a "journey" isn't that good for his body. He should have played Tokyo and Shanghai or nothing. Nothing would have been better for him and his body.

Ad Wim
10-14-2009, 02:25 PM
What are you on about? How is he a journeyman and how does it result in a shoulder injury anyway? :rolleyes:

The post above pretty much says it all. He isn't taking professional tennis too serious anymore, so I guess he isn't training as hard anymore. That, and lack of matches, will get you an injury quicker, especially if you're so prone for it as Haas.

Sapeod
10-14-2009, 02:43 PM
I am happy.
Adrian :hug: Sorry for Hasi.

YES SCHUETTLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done :yeah:

marquez
10-14-2009, 02:54 PM
The post above pretty much says it all. He isn't taking professional tennis too serious anymore, so I guess he isn't training as hard anymore. That, and lack of matches, will get you an injury quicker, especially if you're so prone for it as Haas.

he might not have acted professional in this situation
but how can you say something like that about a guy that has managed to comeback despite of his injuries?
you should really know better :o

oranges
10-14-2009, 03:04 PM

.. and you come to all of these conclusions based solely on the fact that he canceled Tokyo. We can argue whether it's professional or not to prefer to spend some time with his family, who live on the other side of the world and were visiting at the time, in this particular instance, but please don't tell me the rest of the conclusions follow naturally. An injury would be less likely if he played Tokyo, even though it set in after barely a set played against a semi-retired player?

el tenista
10-14-2009, 03:46 PM
.. and you come to all of these conclusions based solely on the fact that he canceled Tokyo. We can argue whether it's professional or not to prefer to spend some time with his family, who live on the other side of the world and were visiting at the time, in this particular instance, but please don't tell me the rest of the conclusions follow naturally. An injury would be less likely if he played Tokyo, even though it set in after barely a set played against a semi-retired player?

To be fit to play a masters event, you have to prepare yourself at 100%. If you don't do this, the risk of being overloaded will increase. It's obvious that Tommy didn't do this: First he spent some time with his father and before he travelled to Asia he spent some time in L.A. with his fiancée. Don't understand me wrong: Tommy is the last one in the circuit who has to prove anyone anything but if you have the goal to play some matches at a masters tournament you will need to prepare yourself like a professional tennis player and not like something else.
It's totally okay that he wants to have more private life nowadays. But if he wants that he will need to cancel tournaments which are far away from his home. Then I'd say: That's okay, take your time and come back for the 3 tourneys in Europe in October/November and that's it.
However, he talks about winning a grand slam or the Davis Cup. You cannot win big ones like that with this unprofessional attitude. It would have been more professional to cancel Shanghai because his short journey to Asia without any acclimatisation did not do him and his body that good I guess. Of course you cannot relate this injury only to the mssing preparation and acclimatisation but it's definitely one point of argumentation.

GlennMirnyi
10-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Who the hell cheers for Shittler?

Some retards in this world.

Eden
10-14-2009, 04:01 PM
According to a message on Tommy's homepage the situation isn't that bad. He felt light pain in his shoulder and decided to retire as a precaution measure as he didn't wanted to risk any further damage. He still plans to play in Stockholm next and doesn't want to give up.

oranges
10-14-2009, 04:10 PM
el tenista, I understand that, I'm just saying A) he did not particularly exert himself before having to retire, meaning that it could have happened just the same regardless B) I really don't like the generalization that he doesn't take the sport professionally ANYMORE. There was the time before the Asian swing, there's the time after it. I don't think he deserves flak as if it's a well-established pattern.

el tenista
10-14-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't say he takes it unprofessional for the whole time, of course he was professional before that. But if you have the desire to spend time with you friends/family/girlfriend you will have to cancel a tournament in Asia because there you have no chance of winning and the risk of getting an injury increases due to the missing preparation.
I'd like to point out that Tommy should be careful with unprofessional behaviour because more of that could lead to his retirement.

Vida
10-14-2009, 04:22 PM
something isnt right. so many ret's...

... maybe they got it from djoko :shrug:

Jelena
10-14-2009, 05:03 PM
That sucks big time. :(
Agreed
I hope it's nothing too serious :sad:
well, considering his shoulder isn't at 100% anyway (I don't care what he or doctors say, after 3 surgeries there stays a damage in the joint) we can only hope he doesn't call it a day.
he might not have acted professional in this situation
but how can you say something like that about a guy that has managed to comeback despite of his injuries?
you should really know better :o
I fully agree. I'm sure at least 90% of players would have given up already after the second surgery. They would have done rehab to be able to live a normal life, but not to play tennis at a Top 50 professional level.

Sapeod
10-14-2009, 08:05 PM

Who the hell cheers for Guccione, the horrendous, ginger freak? :o

Björki
10-14-2009, 08:10 PM

:rolleyes:

Rainer :yeah:

leng jai
10-14-2009, 10:29 PM
The clowns here questioning Haas' commitment to the sport are hilarious.

Lee
10-15-2009, 12:32 AM
Consider Haas almost lost his parents to a motocycle accident before his shoulder injuries some years ago, it's no surprise that he rather spents some time with his father when he had the chance instead of playing Tokyo.

el tenista
10-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Consider Haas almost lost his parents to a motocycle accident before his shoulder injuries some years ago, it's no surprise that he rather spents some time with his father when he had the chance instead of playing Tokyo.

Yes, this is totally okay and understandable. But then he mustn't play Shanghai and should have focused the event in Stockhol where he has good chances of winning.

JMG
11-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Haas admitted that he wasn't injured. He was just pissed that he had to play on the worst outside court.

Auf was hoffen Sie denn in der nächsten Saison? Nach Ihrer Aufgabe in Schanghai wurde ja schon wieder über Schulterprobleme und Ihr Karriereende spekuliert...

Haas: Um ehrlich zu sein, war die Schulter dort gar nicht das eigentliche Problem. Ich habe mich mehr aufgeregt in Schanghai, weil ich in der zweiten Runde auf dem schlechtesten der Nebenplätze spielen musste, der eigentlich gar nicht genutzt wird. Das ist meine Macke, daran kann ich nichts mehr machen. Ich bin ein Entertainer, ein Performer. Dieser Platz war eine Frechheit. Ich war mental so fertig, dass es nicht mehr ging. Mich hat die Situation so angekotzt. Im Nachhinein weiß ich, dass das bescheuert war.

evil23
11-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Haas has swine flu

thats why he retired

JMG
11-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Haas has swine flu

thats why he retired

Stop posting shit. Thank you.