Anyone foresee a Cilic & Del Potro rivalry? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anyone foresee a Cilic & Del Potro rivalry?

mystic ice cube
10-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Both young and tall players, with a big serve & contrasting playing styles. I think if they continue to progress in the way that they are, I could see a rivalry develop. Only time will prove it. What do you guys think?

GugaF1
10-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Constrasting styles? I think they are quite similar actually. And Cilic still needs some ways before being matched with Del Potro, career wise.

Certinfy
10-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Why not? Should be an awesome rivalry in a few years :)

mystic ice cube
10-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Constrasting styles? I think they are quite similar actually. And Cilic still needs some ways before being matched with Del Potro, career wise.
Of course, career wise Cilic still needs to match Del Potro, but I believe he has talent to match him. As for similar styles? Yeah, but I think Del Potro is more of a power hitter, while Cilic plays more defensively.

petar_pan
10-12-2009, 09:48 PM
i am sure it will.

MalwareDie
10-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Rivalry of mugalry.

asmazif
10-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I've always automatically associated them with each other throughout their careers thus far.

adee-gee
10-12-2009, 10:40 PM
What a thrilling time that would be for tennis. 2 players with sublime touch and feel.

:o

GlennMirnyi
10-12-2009, 10:45 PM
What a thrilling time that would be for tennis. 2 players with sublime touch and feel.

:o

Nadull is definitely a touch player eh? :p

The OP must be on crack, and it's quite apparent from the two points to be presented below:

1. Both have the exact same style - that is, a mix of ballbashing and grinding without any variation and/or feel.

2. You can't call a rivalry when it involves such huge mugs - it's a mugalry.

Sapeod
10-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah, that's what tennis needs. A rivalry between two mugs who can only ballbash and have no feel or variation what so ever :o

rocketassist
10-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Contrasting styles :haha:

GlennMirnyi
10-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah, that's what tennis needs. A rivalry between two mugs who can only ballbash and have no feel or variation what so ever :o

Well, with all their problems, at least they have a serve and a forehand - something Murray would give his legs to have. :p

GugaF1
10-12-2009, 10:57 PM
The mugtards.. So even Del Potro is a mug now ? The guy aced his first slam final against Federer at 20 years of age. Some people have very limited sense of perspective, with the mug thing.

I am not a big fan of Del Potro, but he obviosly is a great player that will (has to some extent already) achieve outstanding results. Cilic at this point is somewhat below that, he is a good player with some good potential.

GlennMirnyi
10-12-2009, 11:03 PM
So what?

He could win 54 slams for f***'s sake - his game is unidimensional and lacks any kind of variation. He's an absolute mug.

Sapeod
10-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Well, with all their problems, at least they have a serve and a forehand - something Murray would give his legs to have. :p
If Murray gave his legs to have a forehand and serve he would need a wheelchair :o It'll be better to keep his legs :p

GlennMirnyi
10-12-2009, 11:14 PM
If Murray gave his legs to have a forehand and serve he would need a wheelchair :o It'll be better to keep his legs :p

He could be the wheelchair tennis GOAT.

Sapeod
10-12-2009, 11:15 PM
He could be the wheelchair tennis GOAT.
:rocker2:

Nah, I think he'd rather play on his feet :p

adee-gee
10-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Nadull is definitely a touch player eh? :p

The OP must be on crack, and it's quite apparent from the two points to be presented below:

1. Both have the exact same style - that is, a mix of ballbashing and grinding without any variation and/or feel.

2. You can't call a rivalry when it involves such huge mugs - it's a mugalry.
At least he works points and doesn't just hit every ball as hard as he can with no thought :D

Cilic and Del Potro = WTA, just more powerful.

GlennMirnyi
10-12-2009, 11:19 PM
:rocker2:

Nah, I think he'd rather play on his feet :p

Then he'll have to get around to playing with modern tennis' most important shots. :)

Sapeod
10-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Then he'll have to get around to playing with modern tennis' most important shots. :)
His forehand will get better. He's been working on it for a while now and still is. His serve will get better as he gets stronger...

GlennMirnyi
10-12-2009, 11:36 PM
His forehand will get better. He's been working on it for a while now and still is. His serve will get better as he gets stronger...

No they won't.

Murray is a developed player, his strokes aren't going to change anytime soon.

Sorry about that.

Sapeod
10-12-2009, 11:39 PM
No they won't.

Murray is a developed player, his strokes aren't going to change anytime soon.

Sorry about that.
Oh well, he's got everything there already, he just needs to let lose more. Aggresive off his forehand and more aggresive off his serve.

GlennMirnyi
10-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Oh well, he's got everything there already, he just needs to let lose more. Aggresive off his forehand and more aggresive off his serve.

Loose?

:lol:

He doesn't have the technique to hit huge forehands and his second serve also doesn't have a good technique.

You can hope, though. Some have won GSs with even less than him, so...

Burrow
10-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Murray "letting loose" isn't going to help anything when he can barely make a cross court forehand that isn't a pass, over the net.

adee-gee
10-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Murray "letting loose" isn't going to help anything when he can barely make a cross court forehand that isn't a pass, over the net.
If only he had Safin's GOAT forehand :tears:

GugaF1
10-12-2009, 11:50 PM
I didn`t realize that tennis was so popular in Scottland, look at ths topic. Go Scots!
:wavey:

Burrow
10-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Shall we compare Safin's 22 year old forehand to Murray?

If so, I don't see how Murray has a better forehand.

Always clever to bring up a players ability when he is at the end of his career, isn't it, you're an embarrassment to Scotland, to be honest.

tennishero
10-12-2009, 11:56 PM
So what?

He could win 54 slams for f***'s sake - his game is unidimensional and lacks any kind of variation. He's an absolute mug.

u dont know what the term mug means, a mug doesnt win a GS or win consistently.

also Cilic definitly has the game to rival the top players.

btw whats up with all the scottish flags?

GugaF1
10-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Murray`s forehand can be compared to Gasquet, it is somewhat better but also flawed. Safin`s forehand is pretty good is just that compared to the rest of his game may not be as good.

straitup
10-12-2009, 11:58 PM
I think it could be a good rivalry...of course at the moment I don't see how Cilic can beat Delpo in a slam...he's been hot for 1 set but Juan Martin has dictated for the other sets. If Cilic can consistently challenge top players and back those results up, then it could be great

Enjoy Incubus
10-12-2009, 11:59 PM
So what?

Gu, you cheer for The Gooch and Tsonga for that variation thing too, eh? :p

out_here_grindin
10-13-2009, 12:03 AM
I hope not. Not the most fascinating of tennis when these 2 meet.

guga2120
10-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Hopefully this never happens. It's a good thing Rafa, Murray, and Novak are around. Ballbashing, is the worst thing that could happen to the sport.

adee-gee
10-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Always clever to bring up a players ability when he is at the end of his career, isn't it, you're an embarrassment to Scotland, to be honest.

Surely it's better to analyse part of someone's game towards the end of their career, rather than near the start when they still have time to develop :)

Safin's forehand has been shit for about 5 years.

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 12:31 AM
there's only 3 posters in here with the scottish flag?

why do you ask, are you allergic to us?

Ichiban1920
10-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Hopefully this never happens. It's a good thing Rafa, Murray, and Novak are around. Ballbashing, is the worst thing that could happen to the sport.

Nadull and Mugray are mug moonballers and pushers, and Novak is one-dimensional baseline grinder. All three along with Del Mugro and Cilic are equally shit players.

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Murray's forehand is fine, ffs. why is everyone under-fucking-estimating it. it'a a good solid shot that isn't shit. thank you.

out_here_grindin
10-13-2009, 12:34 AM
there's only 3 posters in here with the scottish flag?

why do you ask, are you allergic to us?

there's more than 3 I think

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Nadull and Mugray are mug moonballers and pushers, and Novak is one-dimensional baseline grinder. All three along with Del Mugro and Cilic are equally shit players.
Murray isn't a shit player who moonballs. He isn't a pushing mug either. do you actually have anything good to say ever???

stop sitting in your basement trying to find desperately what "life" means and get one.

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 12:35 AM
there's more than 3 I think
Me, Burrow, Adam and?? rocketassist?? Maybe 4. I didn't go back and count...

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Loose?

He doesn't have the technique to hit huge forehands and his second serve also doesn't have a good technique.

You can hope, though. Some have won GSs with even less than him, so...
Yes, loose. I didn't press the "o" twice. it''s a simple mistake. why do you have to correct people all the time btw?

His forehand can be be big, but very rarely. His second serve has a lot of spin, so it's not as easy to attack and return as you might think...

GugaF1
10-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Scotland in full force here. Is not that hey are greatly numbered i see, is that they make their presence heard. I know I saw that somewhere, maybe with a guy name Mel Gibson staring. ;)

GlennMirnyi
10-13-2009, 12:55 AM
u dont know what the term mug means, a mug doesnt win a GS or win consistently.

also Cilic definitly has the game to rival the top players.

Man I popularized this term in MTF. I surely know what it means.

Gu, you cheer for The Gooch and Tsonga for that variation thing too, eh? :p

Sure. They have more variation in their pinkies than Pony has in his whole body.

Yes, loose. I didn't press the "o" twice. it''s a simple mistake. why do you have to correct people all the time btw?

His forehand can be be big, but very rarely. His second serve has a lot of spin, so it's not as easy to attack and return as you might think...

No, I only correct you. :)

Yes it's easy. Cilic reduced it to shambles.

tennishero
10-13-2009, 12:57 AM

u didnt quote me. amazing.

btw, hope u like my new sig.

tennishero
10-13-2009, 01:02 AM
there

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 01:05 AM

Man I popularized this term in MTF. I surely know what it means.

Jaap popularized MTF with it, not you.
:No, I only correct you. :)

Oh that's nice :retard:
:Yes it's easy. Cilic reduced it to shambles.

Um, no. Murray's wrist was hurting and so he was more vulneralbe than usual and fuglic took advantage :wavey:

But then again, what would you know about that match. You probably didn't watch it...

paseo
10-13-2009, 01:09 AM

That's because he makes more errors doing it. IMO, Murray is too scared to go for high risk shots. He knows he can win against most players playing safe, so why risk it?

He only takes risk when he's facing players that he feels are better than him, like Fed and Nadal. Because he knows that he won't win playing safe against them.
I like watching Murray when he plays against Fed or Nadal, cause more often he plays way better than he normally does, sometimes spectacular even.

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 01:11 AM
That's because he makes more errors doing it. IMO, Murray is too scared to go for high risk shots. He knows he can win against most players playing safe, so why risk it?

He only takes risk when he's facing players that he feels are better than him, like Fed and Nadal. Because he knows that he won't win playing safe against them.
I like watching Murray when he plays against Fed or Nadal, cause more often he plays way better than he normally does, sometimes spectacular even.
100% agreed.

I wouldn't say Murray is scared, but he thinks that he can win without doing so, so why bother...

GlennMirnyi
10-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Jaap popularized MTF with it, not you.

Oh that's nice :retard:

Um, no. Murray's wrist was hurting and so he was more vulneralbe than usual and fuglic took advantage :wavey:

But then again, what would you know about that match. You probably didn't watch it...

Jaap invented it. I have used it way more than him.

Awwww poor Mugray's wrist... his losses are just like Nadull's - there's always an excuse.

I did, it was nice watching Mugray take it without lube. :lol:

GugaF1
10-13-2009, 01:23 AM
haha, I hope you are proud for having `popularized` the word mug on MTF.

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 01:27 AM
Jaap invented it. I have used it way more than him.
Oh yeah, my mistake. You're the one who popularized MTF with the most idiotic word in existence. Well done :yeah:

Awwww poor Mugray's wrist... his losses are just like Nadull's - there's always an excuse.
It isn't an excuse. He had to withdraw from two tournaments because of it, and playing in DC didn't help.

I did, it was nice watching Mugray take it without lube. :lol:

Yeah, sure you did :rolleyes:

GlennMirnyi
10-13-2009, 01:56 AM
haha, I hope you are proud for having `popularized` the word mug on MTF.

Do you want to know something I wouldn't be proud of?

Oh yeah, my mistake. You're the one who popularized MTF with the most idiotic word in existence. Well done :yeah:

It isn't an excuse. He had to withdraw from two tournaments because of it, and playing in DC didn't help.

Yeah, sure you did :rolleyes:

At least I can write in English and mind you, it's not my first language! :o If I wrote in English like you, I'd be severely embarrassed.

Excuses.

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 02:02 AM
At least I can write in English and mind you, it's not my first language! :o If I wrote in English like you, I'd be severely embarrassed.

Excuses.
I can write in English you clown :retard: Just because I type fast and make mistakes means I can't write English and that I should be embarrassed?? :retard:

Go ahead and gloat about how good your English is, even though it wasn't your first language and blablabla, but honestly I don't think anyone could care less about you and exemplary English.

Ilovetheblues_86
10-13-2009, 02:05 AM
Lets just say fock Cilic and fock Del potro and fock every top 10 (minus Soderking :hug:) and close the thread FFS . :)

GlennMirnyi
10-13-2009, 02:07 AM
I can write in English you clown :retard: Just because I type fast and make mistakes means I can't write English and that I should be embarrassed?? :retard:

Go ahead and gloat about how good your English is, even though it wasn't your first language and blablabla, but honestly I don't think anyone could care less about you and exemplary English.

Of course, if you didn't, you'd be an absolute dolt, considering you live in Great Britain. :)

Let's finish this already, we'll gain nothing with petty quarrels.

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Of course, if you didn't, you'd be an absolute dolt, considering you live in Great Britain. :)

Let's finish this already, we'll gain nothing with petty quarrels.
fine.

Roddickominator
10-13-2009, 02:17 AM
They're very similar really....as some have already stated.

Both are very tall ballbashers with some grinding ability, who in their early ATP years had poor serves in comparison to their height. Both have improved their serves considerably(though still have plenty of room for improvement), which is the biggest reason for them moving up the rankings.

Del Potro is obviously a more solid/consistent player off of both wings.....and has a bigger forehand and better serve at this point. Cilic has a better backhand, but his forehand is sometimes MIA. I really don't see Cilic beating Del Potro any time soon....so no rivalry.

yellowboy906
10-13-2009, 02:23 AM
i think cilic will be better than del pussy in a year or 2. to me, del pussy has no talent. all he does is hitting huge and consistent. i see nothing special in del pussy's game. even nalbandian and verdasco has more game than del pussy. god is so unfair when he let del pussy win slam. i guess you don't need talent to win slam these day.

Roddickominator
10-13-2009, 02:26 AM
i think cilic will be better than del pussy in a year or 2. to me, del pussy has no talent. all he does is hitting huge and consistent. i see nothing special in del pussy's game. even nalbandian and verdasco has more game than del pussy. god is so unfair when he let del pussy win slam. i guess you don't need talent to win slam these day.

Lol, nice hate post. I'm not Pony's biggest fan either....but really Cilic is the same type of player, only worse at it.

Bad Religion
10-13-2009, 02:51 AM
I will watch a mug sport like Golf if this shit becomes a rivalry

HKz
10-13-2009, 02:55 AM
Del Potro vs Federer will be an interesting match-ups for the futre if they both last for a bit. Del Potro vs Nadal not so much because Nadal virtually plays in Del Po's hands. Del Potro vs Cilic wouldn't be all that interesting in terms of game style because they do have similar styles even though Del Po is better off the baseline and Cilic serves a bit better. But obviously any rivalry is always enjoyable at times.

As for Djokovic and Murray being in the picture, it isn't all that interesting at the moment for either of them although Djokovic vs Nadal are always great match-ups. However I think if Novak got a tad bit stronger with his mental game, he could take out Nadal a lot more often and potentially even out or lop side their H2H, especially off hardcourts because he is usually very close to closing out their matches and always has leads in their sets..

8pNADAL
10-13-2009, 03:30 AM
im new to tennis so i dont know cilic but i think i heard he has been injured a lot, if thats true i doubt he will be anyones rival if hes already injury prone at this age

krystlel
10-13-2009, 03:54 AM
Good point, that both Cilic and Del Potro play WTA-style games.

I once read that Del Potro was like Sharapova before her shoulder injury, just as consistently powerful as she was and not exactly effortless either. I'd compare Cilic with Lindsay Davenport - similar technique on the double-handed backhand and well executed, both like to hit close to the lines though Davenport never ran around her backhand like Cilic does.

evil23
10-13-2009, 06:08 AM
http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~ethan/img/delpo.gif

8pNADAL
10-13-2009, 07:03 AM
http://www.toonpool.com/user/1667/files/rafael_nadal_271225.jpg

gulzhan
10-13-2009, 09:47 AM
I think Cilic feels it this way, not sure about Del Potro :)

JolánGagó
10-13-2009, 10:08 AM
No.

tennishero
10-13-2009, 11:49 AM
I will watch a mug sport like Golf if this shit becomes a rivalry

please go ahead, one less clown watching our sport.

tennishero
10-13-2009, 11:53 AM

hahahaha so much whining in one post, hillarious.

nalbandian has more talent than delpo but talent usually wont win u a slam alone. also delpo makes up for that with incredible mental strength.

TennisLurker
10-13-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't know if I would call Del Potro a ball basher, I associate that term with players who hit the ball hard, go for winners and make lots of unforced errors.
Del Potro is a high % player, his shots usually land well inside the baseline. He plays it safe.

Del Potro is a power grinder, like Lendl and Agassi.

Comparing him to them, I would say that he resembles Agassi in having no variety, and he resembles Lendl in being tall, not being naturally talented like Agassi, having a big serve and playing his points with a free scheme, unlike Agassi who always played the same way during points, from the middle of the baseline trying to move his opponents from left to right like a windshield wiper.

I like Del Potro, not a lot, I actually like Murray more.
Buy I hope DelPO is not the future of tennis, I hope all new kids don't play that style.
Lets wait for the generation who grew up watching Roger.

ReturnWinner
10-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Del Pony is not an extreme ballbasher like Tursunov,Gulbis or Calleri although sometimes he goes for crazy shots.He usually plays with controlled power and is pretty consistent.
Cilic is more an extreme ballbasher, he is smoother than Del Pony too but his defense and consistency is way worse.

Sunset of Age
10-13-2009, 01:09 PM
http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~ethan/img/delpo.gif

Cute! :inlove:

yellowboy906
10-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Lol, nice hate post. I'm not Pony's biggest fan either....but really Cilic is the same type of player, only worse at it.

yes, they are the same type of player. but cilic moves better and has more angle on his shot, that's why i think cilic is better than del pussy. del pussy really has no game at all. think about it, what does del pussy do that makes you :eek:? djokovic is a better version of del pussy but for some reason, his mind is not into tennis like del pussy this season. if djokovic is focus all season, he would've won US open.:D

yellowboy906
10-13-2009, 07:56 PM
hahahaha so much whining in one post, hillarious.

nalbandian has more talent than delpo but talent usually wont win u a slam alone. also delpo makes up for that with incredible mental strength.

why are you laughing when del pussy won slam ahead of your tennis hero nalbandian?:sad: del pussy has no variety on his groundstroke. every strokes look the same. he's like a hewitt with a bigger game without the movement. federer just lost to a ball machine at the US open final. :sad: before that match, i actually think that fed is the GOAT. but i've lost all my respect for fed when he choked away the match to a ball machine. a crying ball machine that is.:sad:

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 08:00 PM
it'll be the shittest rivalry in existence. like i've already said in this thread, all this rivalry will be is mindless ballbashing with no variety.

River
10-13-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't see why it can't be DelPo and Murray....

Anything can happen with those two. Cilic and Del Potro? nah...

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 08:12 PM
delpo/murray much better. two different styles going against each other. cilic/del potro = horseshit.

rocketassist
10-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I don't know if I would call Del Potro a ball basher, I associate that term with players who hit the ball hard, go for winners and make lots of unforced errors.
Del Potro is a high % player, his shots usually land well inside the baseline. He plays it safe.

Del Potro is a power grinder, like Lendl and Agassi.

Comparing him to them, I would say that he resembles Agassi in having no variety, and he resembles Lendl in being tall, not being naturally talented like Agassi, having a big serve and playing his points with a free scheme, unlike Agassi who always played the same way during points, from the middle of the baseline trying to move his opponents from left to right like a windshield wiper.

I like Del Potro, not a lot, I actually like Murray more.
Buy I hope DelPO is not the future of tennis, I hope all new kids don't play that style.
Lets wait for the generation who grew up watching Roger.

Sorry but Del Potro is not even one tenth of Agassi's level. Next...

tennishero
10-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Sorry but Del Potro is not even one tenth of Agassi's level. Next...

ur comments are so unbiased, they must be true :rolleyes:

Burrow
10-13-2009, 09:43 PM

Surely it's better to analyse part of someone's game towards the end of their career, rather than near the start when they still have time to develop :)

Safin's forehand has been shit for about 5 years.

Seriously, do you have a brain? :spit:

So you'd rather analyze a players ability (here we are talking about forehand) as they are about to retire?
Generally when a player retires, he isn't at the height of his game, or something has gone wrong and forced him to retire.

5 years? He got injured clay season of 2005 and it turned to shit during 2007, it was okay in 2006. So that's 2 years. It was hardly shit when he brought Federer to his knees at the 2005 AO :lol: Especially the belter of a forehand winner that he hit that made Federer throw his racket. :)

Peak Safin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Muggay

tennishero
10-13-2009, 09:46 PM
why are you laughing when del pussy won slam ahead of your tennis hero nalbandian?:sad: del pussy has no variety on his groundstroke. every strokes look the same. he's like a hewitt with a bigger game without the movement. federer just lost to a ball machine at the US open final. :sad: before that match, i actually think that fed is the GOAT. but i've lost all my respect for fed when he choked away the match to a ball machine. a crying ball machine that is.:sad:

like i said in the previous post, del potro is much more dedicated to tennis and has great mental strength, thats the reason he won. besides, he hits like a truck, and has the hardest forehand in the game, I would much rather watch that then a push fest from murray.
as for ball machine, delpo has improved his game overall and he can volley well and produce other shots when he needs them, why change something when it works?. i dont get the crying part.

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Seriously, do you have a brain? :spit:

So you'd rather analyze a players ability (here we are talking about forehand) as they are about to retire?
Generally when a player retires, he isn't at the height of his game, or something has gone wrong and forced him to retire.

5 years? He got injured clay season of 2005 and it turned to shit during 2007, it was okay in 2006. So that's 2 years. It was hardly shit when he brought Federer to his knees at the 2005 AO :lol: Especially the belter of a forehand winner that he hit that made Federer throw his racket. :)

Peak Safin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Muggay
I love how you use this all the time :lol:

Murray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mugfin

Ichiban1920
10-13-2009, 10:02 PM

You accusing someone else of bias? You are about as biased as they come when it comes to Argentinian players.

Ichiban1920
10-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Murray isn't a shit player who moonballs. He isn't a pushing mug either. do you actually have anything good to say ever???

stop sitting in your basement trying to find desperately what "life" means and get one.

Are you retarded? Do you even watch his matches? His mug pushing got him blasted off the court by mugs like Verdasco, Cilic and Roddick in slams this year. He pushes in 90 percent of his matches rarely going for his shots. You're delusional. He's a mug pusher of the greatest caliber.

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 10:11 PM
lol, this coming from you.

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Are you retarded? Do you even watch his matches? His mug pushing got him blasted off the court by mugs like Verdasco, Cilic and Roddick in slams this year. He pushes in 90 percent of his matches rarely going for his shots. You're delusional. He's a mug pusher of the greatest caliber.
And you're a mug troll of the highest calibre, you dolt.

Murray doesn't just push. Have you ever heard of angels, slice, working your opponent around the court?? I guess not. Now take my advice and get out of that basement...

Andi-M
10-13-2009, 10:29 PM
This rivalry dosent exactly fill me with excitement. Dullic :yawn:

Del Po however has a great quality to his strokes that very few others have (peak Safin, Nalbandian had it) and his game is exciting because of his shotmaking ability. His rivalries with murray and djokovic will be entertaining.

Ichiban1920
10-13-2009, 10:37 PM
This rivalry dosent exactly fill me with excitement. Dullic :yawn:

Del Po however has a great quality to his strokes that very few others have (peak Safin, Nalbandian had it) and his game is exciting because of his shotmaking ability. His rivalries with murray and djokovic will be entertaining.

Del Mugro and Dullic are the same exact players yet Del Po to you is more exciting? Makes no sense.

Ichiban1920
10-13-2009, 10:39 PM
. Have you ever heard of angels, slice, working your opponent around the court??

That's essentially pushing. You're not dictating play by junkballing, you're hoping the opponent hits an unforced error.

Sapeod
10-13-2009, 11:01 PM
That's essentially pushing. You're not dictating play by junkballing, you're hoping the opponent hits an unforced error.
bullshit. Murray changes pace, puts angles on his shits, slices and goes for winners as well, and gets a lot of winners out of it, and also a lot of errors. You've never seen Murray play so you can't comment anyway. Go back to your cellar.

SetSampras
10-14-2009, 05:24 AM
Not really.. Because to be honest, I dont see either being consistent enough at slams in terms of winning consistently and meeting each other. Both can get hot but I dont believe both can play WINNING week in week out tennis.. That remains to be seen

rubbERR
10-14-2009, 06:09 AM