Cut Off Age For Multiple GS Winners. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Cut Off Age For Multiple GS Winners.

vahep
10-10-2009, 08:44 PM
I don't mean how an established player like Andre won multiple slams after 30, but at what age do you write a player off with such potential if they have never won a single slam?

Fed's run after 23 was the oldest breakthrough, and more importantly, follow through I can remember. Rafter won his two USO titles rather late (nearly a third at Wimby).

I was thinking of being relevant for many years after the first slam, with a haul of 4 or more.

Dini
10-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Fed was 21 when he won his first slam. :scratch: actually your post is quite confusing.

JimmyV
10-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Awesome thread dude! Your conclusions are amazing, as is your research! Please post more and rain your enlightenment down upon us.

JimmyV
10-10-2009, 08:59 PM
And by he way Santoro won Newport twice in a row in his 30's, so majors can come quite late for some players.

Sapeod
10-10-2009, 09:06 PM
wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf

Elena.
10-10-2009, 09:39 PM
It's an interesting issue ,you can draw your conclusions by watching the stats ,this is open era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Grand_Slam_Men%27s_Singles_champions_by_ag e_at_first_win

I think 22 for multiple Grand Slam winners,but there are exceptions of course,it's not set in stone ..!

HKz
10-10-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't mean how an established player like Andre won multiple slams after 30, but at what age do you write a player off with such potential if they have never won a single slam?

Fed's run after 23 was the oldest breakthrough, and more importantly, follow through I can remember. Rafter won his two USO titles rather late (nearly a third at Wimby).

I was thinking of being relevant for many years after the first slam, with a haul of 4 or more.

Do you watch tennis? Roger was 21 when he won his first Wimbledon.

Sunset of Age
10-11-2009, 04:18 AM
Fed was 21 when he won his first slam. :scratch: actually your post is quite confusing.

On the verge of becoming 22, in August, after winning his 1st slam at Wimbly in July, yeah. :D

leng jai
10-11-2009, 05:27 AM
At least MTF doesn't have a cut off for how many mind numbingly atrocious threads it can handle in one day.

VolandriFan
10-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Perhaps he means, cut off age for winning a second major.

oranges
10-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Lendl is the most notable example of a late bloomer, 24 IIRC when winning his first.

Sunset of Age
10-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Lendl is the most notable example of a late bloomer, 24 IIRC when winning his first.

Well that's at least a fine stat to cheer up Muzza tards. :D

FedFan_2007
10-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Well until Murray actually wins a slam, no point in speculating how many he'll win. He might never win.

Har-Tru
10-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Well until Murray actually wins a slam, no point in speculating how many he'll win. He might never win.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the point you're trying to make with this post?

vahep
10-12-2009, 01:42 AM
At least MTF doesn't have a cut off for how many mind numbingly atrocious threads it can handle in one day.

I realize that it is not within spitting distance of your brilliantly insightful "player X is an utter mug", or " player Y is a delicious piece of man meat that I would give Z limb/gland to violate" type thread or contribution. It was an honor, though, to have you take precious time away from your male form website browsing activities to help rid MTF of such atrocity.

Chiseller
10-12-2009, 02:22 AM
I realize that it is not within spitting distance of your brilliantly insightful "player X is an utter mug", or " player Y is a delicious piece of man meat that I would give Z limb/gland to violate" type thread or contribution. It was an honor, though, to have you take precious time away from your male form website browsing activities to help rid MTF of such atrocity.

That was worth the thread.