Back to winning ways in Shanghai...Almost :sad: all blame acionescu [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Back to winning ways in Shanghai...Almost :sad: all blame acionescu

adee-gee
10-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Putting my 100% record on the line in Rafa's hour of need :awww:

Play MIT :D :rocker2:

How far will Rafa go in Shanghai? - 1 billion points for the winners :p (TBC)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/weeserena.png 2nd Round - Mannequin - FAIL!

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/danifinger2.png 3rd Round - l_mac

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/fedjoy-1.png QF - Bibberz, Metis

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/rafachoke.png SF - born_on_clay, Foxy, Invisible, JolánGagó, Laba, Minn, shawshank, star, Xristos

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/rogicry.png F - acionescu, Getta

http://yelims5.free.fr/Sport/Winner.gif http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/rafashhh.png W - adee-gee ( :worship: ), MariaV, nashty, SnooFoo, tennizen, wilmar

Nadal [1] :hearts: :inlove: :drool: :hearts: :inlove: :drool:
Bye
Blake
Karlovic

Qualifier
Petzschner
Qualifier
Robredo [14]

Monfils [11]
Mathieu
Hewitt
Isner

Benneteau
Ljubicic
Bye
Verdasco [7]

Del Potro [3]
Bye
Chardy
Melzer

Lopez
Garcia-Lopez
Gasquet
Ferrer [16]

Soderling [9]
Hanescu
Kohlschreiber
Almagro

Zeng
Sela
Bye
Tsonga [5]

-------------------------------

Davydenko [6]
Bye
Kunitsyn
Andreev

Qualifier
Qualifier
Zverev
Gonzalez [10]

Stepanek [13]
Ferrero
Acasuso
Beck

Qualifier
Wawrinka
Bye
Roddick [4]

Simon [8]
Bye
Troicki
Monaco

Gong
Safin
Berdych
Cilic [12]

Haas [15]
Becker
Qualifier
Vassallo-Arguello

Qualifier
Gulbis
Bye
Djokovic [2]

:secret: Thanks to Snoo Foo for the use of her images, even though I don't have her consent :smooch:

Xristos
10-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Vamoooooos!

acionescu
10-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Adam :rocker2:

Blake or Ivo easy???? Did you see today match? :bigcry: :bigcry:

Post the draw, damn :mad:

Foxy
10-10-2009, 12:39 PM
SF for me. I'll jinx him this time. Hope it helps.

Minn
10-10-2009, 12:52 PM
That was quick, Adam. :D

I'm going with SF too. :awww:

adee-gee
10-10-2009, 01:39 PM

Blake or Ivo easy???? Did you see today match? :bigcry: :bigcry:

Post the draw, damn :mad:
Done :D

Rafa's section filled with lots of ballbashers, great stuff. Will just make the title sweeter :cool:

born_on_clay
10-10-2009, 01:45 PM
MIT: SF
But I hope Rafa you'll prove me wrong (in positive terms of course) :)

acionescu
10-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Final, Vamos :rocker:

And 3rd round image is mine :ras:

JolánGagó
10-10-2009, 08:25 PM
MIT prediction: SF

Getta
10-10-2009, 08:55 PM
runner-up.

wilmar
10-11-2009, 01:48 AM
Winner please:)

Rafa go Go GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foxy
10-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Can someone tell us what is the surface speed and ball bounce this year at Shanghai? I remember from last year it was pretty even for all styles of play unlike Beijing which was fast and considerably low bouncing. Have they made any other changes for this year apart from being an outdoor event?

Xristos
10-11-2009, 07:42 PM
SF for me.

Snoo Foo
10-12-2009, 02:46 AM
:worship: wicked good use of the minipix :worship:

WIN

acionescu
10-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Adam, Metis :armed: Update? :(

shawshank
10-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Rafa didn't practice on Sunday in Shanghai. His first training is today in the evening. It's a little bit weird. Maybe he is tired or injured... :( I hope he is not.
Anyway you can look at the practice schedule on Shanghai website. Something new and great for fans that are in China.
http://221.238.19.99:8080/atp/pdf/EN.pdf

acionescu
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
:lol: The Chinese are so.......organised :unsure:

MariaV
10-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Ehhhhhhh. :scared: :unsure: Hope Rafa is fine, he did touch his leg/ankle at the end of the Cilic match, maybe he just got some bad blisters after the longish layoff, didn't seem to twist the ankle or anything.

Hmmmm, I'll still say W. :p Nice work, Adam! :yeah: :hatoff:

Invisible
10-12-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm going with Semi-Final!

tennizen
10-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I will pick win in every tournament from now on:rocker2:

Win just in case someone doesn't want to reduce from the general to the specific:)

star
10-12-2009, 02:54 PM
MIT: SF

What does MIT stand for anyway?

Bibberz
10-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Qf

acionescu
10-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Metis Invitational Trophy, Star :)

edit: or International :scratch:

star
10-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Metis Invitanional Trophy, Star :)

Or Irrational

Or Insane

:lol:

Thanks! :hatoff:

Laba
10-12-2009, 09:53 PM
SF for me.

MariaV
10-13-2009, 01:26 PM

I think it was supposed to be the Metis Invitational but well... :lol:

born_on_clay
10-13-2009, 05:47 PM
12 October 2009

An interview with:

RAFAEL NADAL

THE MODERATOR:Questions, please.

Q.You've had a little bit more time to think about it.Can you go back to the semifinal in Beijing?Have you got any more explanation for it than you had that evening?

RAFAEL NADAL:No, I told you there, I think.No, I told you.I spoke about what happened there.He play much better than me.I was playing at a good level before this match.I was very happy how I arrive to this match playing, especially in quarterfinals and second round against Blake, too.

I arrive there, and I play really bad, no?The first set I think he started playing unbelievable, and later I say, I told you then maybe I didn't, in the second set when I had small chances, I didn't come back, I didn't be fresh, I didn't was fresh in that moment.He was playing much better than me that day.

Q.Considering your injury and everything, you still have possibility that you could end the year No. 1 if things go very well.If you had a choice, what would it be, to become No. 1 again by the end of the year or to win Davis Cup?

RAFAEL NADAL:A difficult question to answer, no?Because if we are talking about myself, well, to finish the year No. 1, I win here, win Paris, and win almost the Masters Cup, so these three wins well,it's impossible to think about that.That's the first thing.

I think is easier to think about winning Davis Cup final, so anything will be unbelievable for me, but sure, I am more ready to play the Davis Cup final than the other things.

Q.I mean, for a lot of people, Andy Roddick was talking about how tired everyone is feeling at this stage of the calendar.You perhaps are a little bit fresher than some mentally.Is that true?Would that be correct?

RAFAEL NADAL:Yeah.I'm mentally sure.I am happy to be here playing, because you know I had the probably yeah, I had one of the more difficult years in my career for everything, and I happy to come back.

Sure, I am fresh, but at the same time, you know, I need to feel playing without problems for a few weeks, to feel time go on court without a scare about injuries, going on court only thinking about your game, only think about win.

So it's difficult when you have few injuries, and yeah, I came back here, and the true, when you on court and you have a lot of problems this year, seems like you are more focused on a lot of things than not totally on the match, no?

So I need to play a few weeks and practice a few weeks without problems, no?Because I started to practice only five days before Beijing, and I started to serve on Saturday in Beijing, so that's difficult, no, play the tournaments like this.

But anyway, I did semifinals.I am here.It's with one week on my shoulders to practice and to play, and I happy to play here.But you never know, because, you know, how difficult is to play when you don't have one week after one week on court, no?A lot of interruptions, and it's more difficult to get the confidence like this and to get the rhythm.

That's what happening right now, no?Because I had lot of stops.I played few matches well, and later I have a bad match, no?So when I am on rhythm and when I am normal conditions, I can lose, but I never played a very bad match, no?So I played all the time at similar level.

Q.We all saw what happened to you this year, and you won the Australian Open, but you didn't do well at the French Open and retired from the Wimbledon, but you were in the semifinal of the US Open.So which stage do you think you are at in your career now? ?Which stage?

RAFAEL NADAL:No, I don't know.It's different year and different experience this year, no?So difficult to compare everything and to say how I am.

But remains few important tournaments and the Davis Cup final, but for me, is important to finish the season as well, without problems, healthy, and trying to play my better tennis than when I did.I try to finish as good as I can.If good as I can is quarterfinals and quarterfinals and semifinals and semifinals, and I would love to play in the final, no?

But you must understand this is tough, this season, when out of rhythm all the time and I had to stop a few times, so it's not easy be there.And important thing is try to be ready to start the next season with more energy and try to expect to play without the stops like I did the last few years.

So right now I am every tournament is very important for me, because after tough year, every one is very important, but sure I am more focused on Davis Cup final.

Q.Because you stopped and started and were injured, is the season too long, do you think?

RAFAEL NADAL:Yes.Well, this year wasn't is not my problem, but doesn't matter, yeah.Is impossible to play 1st of January and finish 5th of December.No one sport can do it, and you can play well, you play shorter career.Is impossible to be here playing like what I did last five years, playing a lot of matches and being all the time 100% without problems.

For last five years, if you see I am No. 1 or No. 2 on matches played on court, and I was okay, I have a few problems in this five years, but not a lot, but sooner or later, finally is impossible, I think.

No, I think everybody is working hard to try to change that.I know it's difficult because it's a lot of interests there, a lot of tournaments, important tournaments there, and it's difficult to say when you stop or when you start, no?

But I don't know the solution, but that's must my opinion, that's must be changed and soon.

Q.I was watching your practice last night.It was about a thousand people there on the court watching you.

RAFAEL NADAL:Maybe less.Less than a thousand.(laughter.)

Q.No, I was counting.Sort of like you were a rock star.How do you feel when you have such support there for you just to practice?

RAFAEL NADAL:No, sure, is very nice, no?Here the fans are very emotional with me all the time.They show these emotions a lot.That makes me feel very well, no?So I you know, every time when I come here, I feel it really well, and it sure is very special for me, no?

A lot of people waiting at the hotel, here or Beijing.I had an amazing experience last year with the Olympics, and I had two years of experience, very good experience here playing the Masters Cup.So the people is very nice, and, well, yeah, very nice with me all the time, no?Just can say thank you very much, everybody here in China.

Q.(Through Chinese translation)Last year when you won the Wimbledon to become No. 1 player and you received a lot of praise from all medias and you were called almost a perfect player, and this year you didn't perform very well, and also, you suffered a lot of injuries, you received some criticism from the media.Were you happy about such criticism from the media?

RAFAEL NADAL:I never thought nothing about that.(laughter.)

Is normal, no?When you win, everything is positive, and when you have more problems, is more easy have negative things, no?Everybody is free to has his opinion, and the same way when you are winning, everybody saying more than not like you are, really.When you lose, happen the same.So never is that good and never that bad.That's true, no?

But I didn't agree with you.The media was always just respect, has good respect for me and has good respect for the media, and I don't see any problem with the media, no?I feel, you know, I feel very comfortable here.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

scarecrows
10-13-2009, 07:22 PM
2nd round

shawshank
10-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Semifinal- nothing more :(

nashty
10-14-2009, 01:56 AM
win please.

Metis
10-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Pheww... I almost missed the deadline!

QF for me :awww:

Putting my 100% record on the line in Rafa's hour of need :awww:

I love the little pix :rolls:

Final, Vamos :rocker:

:rolleyes:

What does MIT stand for anyway?

Tsk, tsk, tsk... nobody pays attention :rolleyes:

You can learn the details and some of the history of the MIT competition by reading the first 3 posts of this thread:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135598

EDIT: Hmmm... just realized I forgot to update that thread after Beijing. :(

Metis
10-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Since Adam hasn't updated :ras:

How far will Rafa go in Shanghai? (1000 points up for grabs NOT 1 BILLION!!! :rolleyes:) :lol:

1st - Bye
2nd - Mannequin
3rd - l_mac
QF - Bibberz, Metis
SF - born_on_clay, Foxy, Invisible, JolánGagó, Laba, Minn, shawshank, star, Xristos
F - acionescu, Getta
W - adee-gee, MariaV, nashty, SnooFoo, tennizen, wilmar

l_mac
10-14-2009, 10:51 AM
3rd round. Would be the most humiliating time to lose, so I think he can do it :yeah:

Metis
10-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Nadal-Blake 6-2 6-7 6-4 :rolleyes:

How far will Rafa go in Shanghai? (1000 points up for grabs NOT 1 BILLION!!! :rolleyes:) :lol:

1st - Bye
2nd - Mannequin
3rd - l_mac
QF - Bibberz, Metis
SF - born_on_clay, Foxy, Invisible, JolánGagó, Laba, Minn, shawshank, star, Xristos
F - acionescu, Getta

We welcome back Mannequin (formerly known as scarecrows) to the MIT competition with a FAIL. I think he will appreciate it, being a doctor and all. :D

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/9/30/128987913953909123.jpg

born_on_clay
10-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Stats form match against Blake:

adee-gee
10-14-2009, 01:53 PM
:yippee:

100% record lives on. I've got more chance of beating Rafa than Pobredo does :dance:

MariaV
10-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Awesomwe Adam, awesome! :worship: :bowdown: We can count on you! :D

Rafa's is the last match tomorrow and I probably won't be able to see it. :mad: :mad:

STADIUM COURT
Not Before 8:00 PM
Rafael NADAL (ESP) vs Tommy ROBREDO (ESP)

Let's hope yummy Tommy will bend over nicely. :o

acionescu
10-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Since when is Tommy yummy? :confused:

JolánGagó
10-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Rafa 11 aces! :eek:

Getta
10-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Since when is Tommy yummy? :confused:

Imagine this is a new little exercise. Maria just rhymes first. It's my turn: tool cool

adee-gee
10-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Adam Madam

Foxy
10-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Nice rally at the end. Rafa should use more forehands and backhands down the line. That's one of the reasons for his losses to Del Potro and Cilic. I remember in Australia mixing everything up nicely. He should go back and watch some AO matches of his. Good luck in the next round, mate!

Minn
10-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Imagine this is a new little exercise. Maria just rhymes first. It's my turn: tool cool

Adam Madam :lol:

Minn win. That's what I should go with for every MIT. ;)

born_on_clay
10-15-2009, 08:54 AM
An interview with:RAFAEL NADAL

2009-10-15 01:29
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Your reaction after the match was incredible. It was like you won a Grand Slam, not a second round at the Masters. It really meant a lot to you?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, sure. Was important win for me, no? Every match is important for me now. I told you the other day it's a difficult year for me, so every victory is really important for me and special today, no?
I had the match under control, set and break, playing really well, that's true, and, you know, and the reaction is not only for some moments I was all the time up in the score, but anything can happen when you are 4 All in the third.
So I think I deserve I thought, when I won the match, I thought I deserve to win the match, because most of the time I think I played better than James.
So was lose was going to be tough if I lose this match, no?

Q. Were you especially pleased with the way you defended? Because you had to defend quite a lot today against some of his really strong groundstrokes.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, always to play against James is really difficult. He really play very aggressive in the return during the point. Any way you are playing a good shot, you never know if he plays a more unbelievable shot. He didn't defend, no? He always attack. So it's very difficult to play against James, no?
More happy how I started the match. I played aggressive having very good points on the net, playing forehands and going to the net, so that's the way, no? Later I was a little bit more behind the baseline, so that's not the way.
Later I happy, especially in the third set when I had the chance. I played aggressive, for example, in the match point. I played very good forehand down the line, so I played aggressive, so I'm very happy with that.

Q. How would you rate the quality of your tennis in the first set if you compare it to since the US Open? Has it been one of your best sets?
RAFAEL NADAL: I really was playing really well last week in Beijing. Only last match played very bad. But for the rest of the tournament, second round and quarterfinals I was playing really well, so, you know, I have to continue to work like what I am doing, practicing every day with positive attitude and hopefully be healthy, no?
If it's like this and I continue like this with this illusion and motivation, maybe not this year but next year, but I don't know, I gonna come back to play my best tennis, and I happy how I am playing. Right now I have to play my best tennis in the big matches, no?
I lost a few important matches after the injury, came back, so that's really normal, because you need confidence to play against the best players. But matches with victories like today victory give me extra confidence, and playing like this I hope have chances to win tournaments.

Q. You won five titles this year, Australian Open, as well; yet you characterize it as a difficult year for you, which is true. Can you just talk about that a little bit? Because a lot of people would say, Well, that's a pretty good year.
RAFAEL NADAL: No, sure, is pretty good year for me, no? The year was fantastic winning one Grand Slam and winning three Masters Series? Three.
And, sure, winning Barcelona, which Australia, three Masters Series, and that's it, and having a lot of good matches. So later, you know, is difficult year, because anyway, I have, you know, personal problem in a few moments at the beginning of the year, so that's that doesn't affect on the results, because I still winning in Indian Wells after that and winning in Monte Carlo and these places.
But, you know, you lose a little bit the fresh mentally that you need to play these matches. You have sometimes your head in other problems and other things, no? So that's the first thing.
Later, when I started to play the clay season, every week the knee was going worse and worse, so that's tough. Sure, I arrive at probably most important part of the season in the worst conditions, no? Roland Garros and Wimbledon, so that's really difficult to accept.
And, sure, I had to stop for two months, and when you stop two months, I came back well, quarterfinal and semifinals. I was improving every day, but I arrive to the US Open and especially in Cincinnati and US Open, in the last matches of Cincinnati and US Open, I have I broke the abdominal, so is another problem.
So for that reason is a difficult year, because I didn't play with calm for a long time. So I need to get this confidence to go on court and to feel confident in my physical performance and to feel comfortable about my game, so I start to feeling that.

Q. This week in Shanghai and last week in Beijing, you had a lot of attention, a lot of media interviews, a lot of fans. How do you keep your concentration and your focus on what you have to do on court when you have so much attention off the court here in China?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think everything is part of the work, so I happy to do the things, the things for the tournament, the things for media and happy about doing everything, make sure I have my time for practice.
No, that's normal for me. And I think this tournament had big, fought to have a very good tournament, and everything was, in my opinion, better than when they had the Masters Cup. So everything is improving a lot. I very happy how the tournament did everything.
So I just want to continue to win the tournament, because right now is probably one of the best tournaments of the year.

Q. A lot of people are injured with this tournament. What's your comment on this? Do you think this will affect your performance on the court?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, you know, the players in this end of the season is tough for everyone except for me this year. (laughter.)
But, you know, when you played a lot of matches during all the season is tough, no? And the body, when you put the body all the time at the limit, so is difficult, no? Anyway, if you work hard on your physical with your physio, it's the same like Formula 1. (laughter.)
Yeah, that's true, the best cars of the world, but at the same time the cars brokes more than your car. That's the reason, because the car is always at the limit. So we are the same.

Q. I came from Japan, Tokyo. You have come and played many times in China, especially in Shanghai. But I know that it is a tough calendar, but you have not yet come to Japan to play. You have many fans. You cannot give us something for the fans in Japan for next year?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I would love to come back to come there, to go there any day, maybe next year. You can ask the Tokyo tournament if they invite me, no?

Metis
10-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Nadal-Robredo 6-1 6-4

1st - Bye
2nd - Mannequin
3rd - l_mac
QF - Bibberz, Metis
F - acionescu, Getta

l_mac is back to her FAILing ways :bigclap: and she deserves nothing less than a royal FAIL. :p

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/6/23/128902180980456641.jpg

JolánGagó
10-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Jesus, he isn't even the Prince of Wales :rolleyes:

adee-gee
10-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Too easy :sport:
Jesus, he isn't even the Prince of Wales :rolleyes:
Actually he is, it's one of his many titles ;)

JolánGagó
10-15-2009, 03:23 PM
the Prince of Wales is Charles :shrug: and then Williams will be, never Harry unless disgrace occurs...

l_mac
10-15-2009, 03:28 PM
the Prince of Wales is Charles :shrug: and then Williams will be, never Harry unless disgrace occurs...

He is Prince Harry of Wales.

Castafiore
10-15-2009, 03:30 PM
:scratch:

He's Prince Harry of Wales but not the Prince of Wales, right?
Charles is the current Prince of Wales.

l_mac
10-15-2009, 03:39 PM
:scratch:

He's Prince Harry of Wales but not the Prince of Wales, right?
Charles is the current Prince of Wales.

Charles is the Prince of Wales.

Harry's official title is HRH Prince Henry of Wales, the caption was not incorrect (other than tragic typo)

adee-gee
10-15-2009, 03:48 PM
All crucial information to Rafito's Shanghai title charge :D

l_mac
10-15-2009, 04:09 PM
All crucial information to Rafito's Shanghai title charge :D

Rafa will be Prince of Shanghai this week, even though Nole is still officially The Prince of Shanghai following his MC win last year :D

adee-gee
10-15-2009, 04:19 PM
And I'll be King of Threads :rocker2:

JolánGagó
10-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Charles is the Prince of Wales.

Harry's official title is HRH Prince Henry of Wales, the caption was not incorrect (other than tragic typo)

oh ok, that sounds confusing...

so it was a double epic fail anyway, Princess of Whales would've been Fergie I guess :scratch:

shawshank
10-15-2009, 05:26 PM
If only Feli could beat Soda... Then Rafa could win Shanghai!
I'm afraid it's not gonna happen anyway :(

Foxy
10-15-2009, 08:19 PM
If only Feli could beat Soda... Then Rafa could win Shanghai!
I'm afraid it's not gonna happen anyway :(

Why not? Feli has 3:2 H2H against the ugly toad. Plus that he is on fire this tournament. Fresh and rested. Will see.

shawshank
10-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Why not? Feli has 3:2 H2H against the ugly toad. Plus that he is on fire this tournament. Fresh and rested. Will see.

Their H2H is 3:3. They played also in Sunrise Challenger this year. But you have to remember that all 3 wins of Feli were when Toad was a different player.
The nice thing was that Feli said that he will try to win to help Nando in advancing to Masters :)

MariaV
10-16-2009, 08:39 AM
And I'll be King of Threads :rocker2:

Let's all hope so. :worship: :bowdown:

And that's so noble of Feli, let's also hope he'll manage to beat that evil monster toad. Vamos! :rocker:

born_on_clay
10-16-2009, 10:02 AM
An interview with:RAFAEL NADAL
2009-10-15 23:25

Q. In the match today your volleying was very good when you came to the net, but I've watched you practice this week and you don't seem to practice it a lot, so have you been working on your net game, your volleying?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I always work on my volley, no? I know one of the points I have chance to improve more, but I think the volley is not the problem, because I improve it a lot, the volley, but the thing right now is go to the net and know exactly how to volley, no? How to go to the net. The movement in the net sometimes is more important than the volley. So that's the most important thing, no?
In the first set I did few times very well, because I had the control of the point. I was inside the court. And in the second set I did less, no?
So I started the second set bad, so for that reason, later I had to play all the set under pressure, no? So not always play aggressive like I did in the first set.

Q. Because, as you said, Tommy played very well in the start of the second set, so how did you get out of that problem that you had?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, Tommy played better, no? Played some he had some good movements with the forehand, playing more aggressive with his forehand, but I really have to improve a little bit more this, yeah, these moments, no?
Because I am playing well, really well, and for a few time I had the match on the court, but I had two terrible games in the start of the second set, so that's what I have to improve if I want to win against the top players.
So that's the way, no? Yesterday I had similar thing, so that's can't happen tomorrow.

Q. Where do you think your game is right now in terms of, you know, generally where your game has been at the top, in comparison, and what needs to be fixed?
RAFAEL NADAL: Impossible to know that, no? I win 6 1, 6 4 against one of the best players of the world.
If I had the result some months ago, what do you want think? Yeah, I'm playing really well. That's the thing. You never know.
I am playing well, but we will see tomorrow. That's day to day, not right now. When you come back after injury, you can't think more than the next day, no? I say it every day, you are playing well, but it's easy to have up and downs than when you are totally on the tour every week, no?
I need more weeks, I think. I need to play very well all the time, not like today, for example, I have this bad games, no?

Q. Is it a lack of playing matches or a lack of confidence or a little bit of both?
RAFAEL NADAL: Both, no? I think when you are playing more matches, you win more matches, you have more confidence. You are repeating the things every day, and that's common, yes? But you lose the concentration a few moments, play good. The important moment for example, in my opinion, the beginning of the second was very important, because I was playing really well, 6 1, having the control of the match, playing aggressive, and Tommy didn't have lot of chance. So playing two bad games in the beginning of the second, he has a lot of confidence later, and the set was difficult in the second.

Q. How frustrating was it back in New York when you had your abdominal problem? Because you used to come into press conferences after matches and say, I don't want to talk about it, I don't want to talk about it. It must have been very frustrating. And how have you recovered you've recovered quite quickly from it. What sort of treatment did you have? Was it just rest, or did you have special treatment?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I say I don't want to talk about that, because I had to play next day, so first of all, is not very nice for the opponent.
And second thing, for myself, too, because if I want to go on court and try to have chances to win, if I think I can win, it's stupid thing more and show everybody I have a broke in the abdominal, no?
So it's tough when you are playing a Grand Slam after come back on injury and you're feeling okay. Probably I wasn't play at my top, but I was playing okay. And, yeah, I have a problem in abdominal. Might take a lot, the chances, to have the victory, no?
But, no, I recovered normal. I had two centimeters of broke, and now I did a lot of treatment of the sound, I did machine. I did, with my physio, a lot of stretch. I work hard to try to be in Bangkok. Wasn't impossible.
I went to Beijing without practice. I practice two days and I fly to Beijing without serve, and I practice it there.

Q. I know it's difficult for you tennis players to comment on this, but would it be better if the fans in the stands would actually stay quiet during play and serving, on serves?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, for me, it's no problem. For me, is okay. The crowd is doing is doing well. The court is so big, and, yeah, the people here in China is more emotional probably than the rest of the places, and that's nice for us, too.

http://www.shanghaimasters1000.com/news/en/2009-10-15/97.shtml

Foxy
10-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Their H2H is 3:3. They played also in Sunrise Challenger this year. But you have to remember that all 3 wins of Feli were when Toad was a different player.
The nice thing was that Feli said that he will try to win to help Nando in advancing to Masters :)

Have more faith next time, mate. ;)

JolánGagó
10-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Our Rafito is always so nice to crowds all over the world :hearts:

I mean the Shanghai crowd is crap. First, there is no crowd to speak of and the very few showing up have no idea whatsoever of tennis, they'd do the same would it be ping pong :rolleyes:

acionescu
10-16-2009, 02:50 PM
:lol: at us worrying about Sod and Rafa is losing to Ljuba-Truba atm :(

MariaV
10-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Yep I think losing to Ljuba Truba would be almost as bad. :tape:

Foxy
10-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Yep I think losing to Ljuba Truba would be almost as bad. :tape:

He should retire. :( ASAP :( :)

Metis
10-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Nadal-Ljubicic 3-6 6-3 ret.

1st - Bye
2nd - Mannequin
3rd - l_mac
QF - Bibberz, Metis
F - acionescu, Getta

Bibberz and Metis: they have FAILed today but at least they get their favorite photo. :D

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=205610&d=1255700752

adee-gee
10-16-2009, 04:07 PM
^ :haha: :D

Extends the thread starting record to 14 (or maybe 15) - 0 :sport:

Bibberz
10-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Bibberz and Metis: they have FAILed today but at least they get their favorite photo. :D

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Well played. :worship:

Foxy
10-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Nadal-Ljubicic 3-6 6-3 ret.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=205610&d=1255700752

WOW. That's my favorite photo as well. :devil:

born_on_clay
10-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Stats from today:

Minn
10-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Reading the chat thread after the match was hard! For a while reading through I was a bit concerned he'd lost. Glad to see he won. Metis and BD, I'm glad you failed. :hug:

Nacho
10-16-2009, 09:41 PM
R. NADAL/I. Ljubicic

3 6, 6 3, Ret.

An interview with:

RAFAEL NADAL

Q. Tonight was a good test of character for you?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, yeah, it was tough, no? It was a very difficult match. I started the first two games playing unbelievable, playing really well. First game I was unlucky because I don't convert the break. I play two very good forehand down the line winners.
I had a very good passing shot, but he played good volley, drop volley, very difficult. Well, after that, you know, when you play against one player like Ljubicic with big serve, he start serving so so, but after the break was very difficult to return, no?
He was serving very hard and putting a lot of first serves inside. Yeah, it was difficult match. I was lucky after the first set with Love 40, but I play well the two points, so that was very important. And down a breakpoint I go into the net. I had volley, cross volley winner, so that's the point of the match.
Later, sure, I sorry for him, never nice win like this. I know how tough it is, have to retire during a match. I just wish him fast recovery.

Q. Were you worried after the first set? Were you worried that you could lose? You could be going home?
RAFAEL NADAL: If I no worried, probably I am crazy, no? Having 1 1 and Love 40.

Q. Tomorrow semifinal you will versus your good friend Feliciano, and Feliciano is also good at maybe big serve and also good at the volley. How will you face him?
RAFAEL NADAL: Always the same, no? These kind of matches are very difficult always, because you don't have a lot of rhythm. When you are serving, you are all the time under pressure, no? Because they serve well like Ljubicic did today or like Feliciano is doing. I saw him, he play with more aces on the tournament, so he gonna serve well.
So, sure, all the points going to be very important. I have to be very concentrated with my serve all the time, and later we will see what's happened. I try to play aggressive when I have the chances on the return and hope, wait a little bit when he has to play a little bit more with second serves, no?

Q. Tonight and yesterday you played some amazing shots from impossible situations. Do you sometimes surprise yourself when you play these shots and you think, gee, that was and you're quite surprised?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, no? But that's part of my game, so sure, sometimes I surprise myself with some balls. But I know from experience when I am ready, when I am playing well, when I am good physically, I save a lot of balls, difficult balls, and I can have this extra, no, with the passing shots, and that's very important on my game, no? It's very important be healthy to play these shots, but sure, be healthy and playing well. If not, is impossible.

Q. Do you think you have a lot of energy saved as you were off the court for several months this season?
RAFAEL NADAL: I played a lot of matches. That's true, no? I wasn't playing for a few times, but anyway, I don't know how many matches I have to this year, but I think I am one of the most, one of the player with one of the most matches, no?
That's because I play I was playing unbelievable the first five months of the season and playing a lot of matches, not because I played a lot of tournaments. It's because I arrive all the time, so I don't know if I have a lot of energy.
I hope, yes, because right now I am with a lot of illusion, a lot of motivation for this end of the season, and I'm working hard every day. And every win, every victory is really important. Makes me feel very happy, no? Because I had a hard time, difficult time at home, and when you are here and when you see I am in semifinals is very good. I'm very happy for that.

Foxy
10-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Can someone, please, provide me with the list of TV programs all over the world who have the rights to broadcast ATP Masters 1000 tournaments. Thanks in advance. I remember seeing it somewhere but I can't find it. :D

Metis
10-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Nadal-Lopez 6-1 3-0 ret :(

1st - Bye
2nd - Mannequin
3rd - l_mac
QF - Bibberz, Metis
F - acionescu, Getta

born_on_clay, Foxy, Invisible, JolánGagó, Laba, Minn, shawshank, star, Xristos: :shrug:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/9/1/128962965360914891.jpg

born_on_clay
10-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Stats from today:

adee-gee
10-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Epic win :worship:

But going by Fedtard logic, Rafa will be underprepared for the final :tears:

born_on_clay
10-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Rafa will go and train today for another 2 hours :haha:

Foxy
10-17-2009, 04:00 PM
6:1 3:0 if I play bad, no?

Minn
10-17-2009, 09:47 PM
:dance:

Topspin Forehand
10-18-2009, 03:13 AM
Nadal was sick today. Unbelievable tennis. I think he is playing as well as in the Australian Open early this year. Just my opinion.

Foxy
10-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Nadal was sick today. Unbelievable tennis. I think he is playing as well as in the Australian Open early this year. Just my opinion.

Negative. He is still making these silly sitting errors with the forehand. What does he need to do at the final?
1. Rally Denko left and right.
2. Use forehand down the line and backhand down the line to keep Denko guessing.
3. No silly mistakes. Extremely low UE count.

Metis
10-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Nadal-Davydenko 6-7 3-6 :(

1st - Bye
2nd - Mannequin
3rd - l_mac
QF - Bibberz, Metis
F - acionescu, Getta

adee-gee, MariaV, nashty, SnooFoo, tennizen, wilmar: that must have hurt... a lot... :tape: :hug:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/8/4/128938486473714430.jpg

acionescu, Getta: you WIN :mad:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=205780&d=1255862827

Bibberz
10-18-2009, 11:55 AM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/rogicry.png F - acionescu, GettaI hope you two are really proud of yourselves. :rolleyes: This was the absolute worst possible outcome.

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0040.gif

Andreea, you're dead to me. :(

Getta, you're...well, I never make an effort to understand any of your cryptic posts anyway, so :shrug:.

:sobbing:

Metis
10-18-2009, 12:01 PM

Official announcement: Andreea (acionescu) is from now on considered persona no grata in the MIT tournament and instead of winning 1000 points she will be fined for unsportsmanlike behavior and lose 1000 points. :(

born_on_clay
10-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Look at the stats
Rafa was playing shit today but still it was a close over a 2-hour match
I hope he will find his winning way soon
Vamos !!!

anon57
10-18-2009, 12:14 PM

Official announcement: Andreea (acionescu) is from now on considered persona no grata in the MIT tournament and instead of winning 1000 points she will be fined for unsportsmanlike behavior and lose 1000 points. :(
:lol:You shouldn't ban her from competing in MIT, she should never be allowed to pick anything other than win, it'll do wonders for Rafa's career, he'll never be defeated again:p

acionescu
10-18-2009, 12:18 PM
:o :o :o :help:

:awww:

TMJordan
10-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Nice one Andreea and Getta. :yeah:

Metis
10-18-2009, 12:25 PM
:lol:You shouldn't ban her from competing in MIT, she should never be allowed to pick anything other than win, it'll do wonders for Rafa's career, he'll never be defeated again:p

She had received warnings but refused to heed them. She will have to pay the price. :shrug:

Minn
10-18-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm glad I slept through that one. :sad:

MariaV
10-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Nadal-Davydenko 6-7 3-6 :(

adee-gee, MariaV, nashty, SnooFoo, tennizen, wilmar: that must have hurt... a lot... :tape: :hug: :(

It did hurt, believe me it did hurt a lot. To lose to Davydenko FFS! :o :o :o :help: :help: :rolleyes:
Why FFS couldn't he get more aggressive and attacking himself, and don't tell me that Davydenko didn't let him. :rolleyes: :mad: Mad play and crasy angles from the Ukranian though. :hatoff:

:yeah: Thank you Metis! let's hope Rafa will never lose again now. :D :D :D

star
10-18-2009, 06:06 PM
:bigclap: Metis!

Brilliant stuff in this thread. You've outdone yourself. :worship:

and a big

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/funny-pictures-kittens-are-in-o-shape.jpg

Xristos
10-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Who won MIP?

Xristos
10-18-2009, 06:13 PM
I really wanted Rafa to win this. :'(

adee-gee
10-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Who won MIP?
MIP? Most Important Poster?

That'll be me then.

:D

tennizen
10-19-2009, 12:55 AM
Adam, you should change the thread title to " Uncle Toni finally runs out of money in Shanghai" :D

Mimi
10-19-2009, 02:59 AM
i do think he was playing better than the last few matches, he even had a set point in set one, should he take it, may be he was going to win :mad:

why why why, he used to win lots of tiebreakers, but now always lost them :mad::mad:

MariaV
10-19-2009, 10:27 AM
MIP? Most Important Poster?

That'll be me then.

:D

:worship: :bowdown: And you were so close to maintaining your perfect record, so close! :hug: :hug: :hu: If only this ugly Davy hadn't played so brilliantly put up such a fight. :mad: :mad: :mad:

i do think he was playing better than the last few matches, he even had a set point in set one, should he take it, may be he was going to win :mad:

why why why, he used to win lots of tiebreakers, but now always lost them :mad::mad:

Well, hopefully he's improving, Mimi. He's got some more match practice now but he's hardly top fit physically after these long layoffs. Plus he needs to get back his confidence to win those important points and play aggressively. We'll see. I don't expect any title this season, and I'm pretty scared about the WTF and the DC final. :tape: Besides this could all ruin his preparation for the next season.

Mimi
10-19-2009, 10:45 AM
:
Well, hopefully he's improving, Mimi. He's got some more match practice now but he's hardly top fit physically after these long layoffs. Plus he needs to get back his confidence to win those important points and play aggressively. We'll see. I don't expect any title this season, and I'm pretty scared about the WTF and the DC final. :tape: Besides this could all ruin his preparation for the next season.

this rafa is da dumb, he should not play DC final, blame me, i am never that patriotic :o

MariaV
10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
this rafa is da dumb, he should not play DC final, blame me, i am never that patriotic :o

Yeah but Rafa will never miss it, he is very patriotic. :o :o
And can you imagine the humiliation of him losing at home to Berdych/Stepanek? :o :help: That would be like the worst horror ever. :bolt:

acionescu
10-19-2009, 11:49 AM
WTF is not gonna be pretty, that's for sure: Fed, Nole, JMDP, Davy, Muzza, all better on indoor HC than our boi :bigcry: My hopes are on Roddick and Nando :rocker2: :unsure:
And maybe the arrested "star" in Sweden was Toad who's so ugly that he needs to pay for sex jeopardising his chances to WTF :devil:

MariaV
10-19-2009, 12:25 PM
WTF is not gonna be pretty, that's for sure: Fed, Nole, JMDP, Davy, Muzza, all better on indoor HC than our boi :bigcry: My hopes are on Roddick and Nando :rocker2: :unsure:
And maybe the arrested "star" in Sweden was Toad who's so ugly that he needs to pay for sex jeopardising his chances to WTF :devil:

Naaaah, no such luck I'm afraid. Toad should know in Sweden buying sex is illegal. And toad a star? :spit: :haha: :tape:

star
10-19-2009, 03:17 PM
:worship: :bowdown: And you were so close to maintaining your perfect record, so close! :hug: :hug: :hu: If only this ugly Davy hadn't played so brilliantly put up such a fight. :mad: :mad: :mad:

If only Andrea hadn't predicted Final. :p :p

Topspin Forehand
10-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Nadal needs to get back on the practice court. Work on being more aggressive with his shots and practice his placement on his serves. Especially going down the middle.

MariaV
10-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Nadal needs to get back on the practice court. Work on being more aggressive with his shots and practice his placement on his serves. Especially going down the middle.

I'm sure that now as he claims he's pain free he'll do that. :)