Gulbis
Bye
Djokovic [2]

el tenista
10-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Draw updated in 1st post.

Nidhogg
10-10-2009, 09:09 AM
You have both Davydenko and Simon seeded as eight. Davy should be the sixth one.

el tenista
10-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Yep, you're right.

Nidhogg
10-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Interesting draw. There are many intriguing matches to be played in just about every round.

Doomach777
10-10-2009, 09:26 AM
pdf draw ?

fsoica
10-10-2009, 09:27 AM
blake or karlovic will roast theRafa

el tenista
10-10-2009, 09:30 AM
pdf draw ?

Not available yet.

The draw is only available for draw challenge members...

Doomach777
10-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Not available yet.

The draw is only available for draw challenge members...

ok..

Ive just noticed it :)

adee-gee
10-10-2009, 09:37 AM
blake or karlovic will roast theRafa
Sad but true.

-Evita-
10-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I was wondering why Gulbis wasn't playing qualifying. Apparently he got a WC :bounce: :lol: I thought maybe he had decided he's played too much in the last weeks and went back to Europe to prepare for the next tournaments.

Sunset of Age
10-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I was wondering why Gulbis wasn't playing qualifying. Apparently he got a WC :bounce: :lol: I thought maybe he had decided he's played too much in the last weeks and went back to Europe to prepare for the next tournaments.

A rather well-deserved WC it is, after his good showing in Bejing. :)

ImmzB
10-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Come on Safin,Gasquet & Nadal!!!

sheva07
10-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Interesting draw. Nice first round matches:

Ferrer-Gasquet
Hewitt-Isner
Soderling-Hanescu
Stepanek-Ferrero
Cilic-Berdych

Certinfy
10-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Cilic vs Berdych :eek:

Ferrero Forever
10-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Ouch Stepanek-Ferrero. Thats scary

Aenea
10-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Terrible draw for my fav :sad: at the level he's playing now and lack of focus he'll be out in rnd2 :sad: But aside of that Shanghai is gonna be a very interesting and entertaining tournament :D

dweijnen
10-10-2009, 10:33 AM
C'mon Ginepri!

Horatio Caine
10-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Quite an interesting draw. :bounce:

Tough opener for Rafa (Blake or Karlovic), although you'd expect him to get by somehow. Easy R3, but from then on it gets a lot tougher, particularly in SF (Del Potro, Tsonga or Soderling!!).

Will be interesting to see what Roddick brings to the table, after that shocker in Beijing. In good form you'd almost be expecting him to get SF with that draw, but Stan the Man could give him a fright as early as R2.

You've got to like Djokovic's (rotten) luck. :lol: Potentially Gulbis R2, Haas R3 and Roddick SF...all players who have abused him at some stage this year. Should still progress though.

Plenty of intriguing early matches...Blake/Karlovic is always worth some comedy. Hewitt hates playing human skyscrapers. Lopez has drawn someone almost more hopeless than himself at the moment...Felicity might actually bag a win. :spit: Now that Ferru's form has dropped off a little over the last 12-18 months, Gasquet might fancy his chances of getting some revenge.

Not to mention some early clashes that could have some bearing on qualification for London...Soderling/Tsonga and Davydenko/Gonzalez slated for R3. :drool:

And looks like Muzza could be #5 on 2009 results by the end of next week, unless Tsonga or Soderling do Andy a favour in the QF (by beating JMDP). :devil:

Edit - looks like Safin could provide some extended entertainment here. He can't possibly lose to a Chinese WC, so he'll get a R2 match with Cilic or Berdych...could certainly beat the latter, and Cilic is still inconsistent enough to put in a bad performance. And if Simon is struggling with his knees in R3...:shrug: Could see Safin sticking around for 5 days.

Montego
10-10-2009, 10:56 AM
http://www.racing-china.com/new/f1/2009/atpImg/MDS.pdf

born_on_clay
10-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Rafa for the title !!!

daddy
10-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Great draw for Karlovic, bad for legenda and Cilic.

Certinfy
10-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Very good draw for Roddick...

Action Jackson
10-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Marat is playing Falun Gong.

paseo
10-10-2009, 01:21 PM
This looks like a good tournament for Del Potro to pick up his first MS shield.

Aaric
10-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Roddick has not been in a good form lately, but I´m sure he finds it against Stan :o, if he wins the first round :scared:

stebs
10-10-2009, 01:26 PM
If they are in form Soderling and Tsonga are two of the strongest indoor players, unfortunate for them to face off in R3. A big match given the race for the masters assuming it comes to pass.

Aenea
10-10-2009, 01:33 PM
If they are in form Soderling and Tsonga are two of the strongest indoor players, unfortunate for them to face off in R3. A big match given the race for the masters assuming it comes to pass.

So what? Isn't Shanghai an outdoor event? Only the centre court has a roof.

sawan66278
10-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Tough second round matches for almost all the top guys. Rafa against Blake/Dr. Ivo, Novak against Gulbis (potentially), Del Potro against Melzer, and Roddick against Stan.

IF Rafa can get past that round, I think he has a shot to win the title: IF HE IS WILLING TO SERVE BIGGER.

rubbERR
10-10-2009, 01:38 PM

and they dont use roof if it doesnt rain, and it seems like there is no rain whole week

Ad Wim
10-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Very nice draw for Rafa, that could make him reach SF, pretty lucky. If he had guys like Soderling, Tsonga, Davydenko etc. he wouldn't have made it.

Tough for Djoko, but still I'd rather have Simon than Soderling, Tsonga or Davydenko. Gulbs will be tough, but should be a win. And Haas hasn't got rhytm.

bizzle
10-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Tough one for Nadal

MIMIC
10-10-2009, 03:02 PM
The draw organizers made a mistake. Kohlschreiber isn't on Novak's side.

gulzhan
10-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Come on Safin,Gasquet & Nadal!!!

:rocker2:

stebs
10-10-2009, 03:36 PM

and they dont use roof if it doesnt rain, and it seems like there is no rain whole week

You guys are completely right.

That's pissed me off now, I like watching indoor tennis and it's not like there were so many events we needed one to be changed to outdoor. Sucks.

Sapeod
10-10-2009, 03:40 PM
karlovic will beat rafa, hopefully. djokovic will hopefully lose early as well. it's a joke that these two are first and second seeds :o

oranges
10-10-2009, 03:42 PM
karlovic will beat rafa, hopefully. djokovic will hopefully lose early as well. it's a joke that these two are first and second seeds :o

Why? It's better fitting for the slamless one?

Fabilicious
10-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Very nice draw for Rafa, that could make him reach SF, pretty lucky. If he had guys like Soderling, Tsonga, Davydenko etc. he wouldn't have made it.

Tough for Djoko, but still I'd rather have Simon than Soderling, Tsonga or Davydenko. Gulbs will be tough, but should be a win. And Haas hasn't got rhytm.

He does not need any, he'll beat Fakervic anyway:)

HarryMan
10-10-2009, 04:07 PM

Why is that? It's not Nadal and Djokovic's fault that Federer and Murray aren't healthy enough for this tournament.

Sapeod
10-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Why? It's better fitting for the slamless one?
The top player has withdrew and Nadal is playing crappy. Nadal being 1st seed isn't as much a joke as Djokovic being no.2, even though he's no.4.

I'm talking ranking wise that it's a joke.

Slams aren't everything BTW. You tools need to realise that.

Sapeod
10-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Why is that? It's not Nadal and Djokovic's fault that Federer and Murray aren't healthy enough for this tournament.
I'm talking ranking wise. No.4 in the world as 2nd seed...

Anyway it doesn't matter...

oranges
10-10-2009, 04:28 PM
The top player has withdrew and Nadal is playing crappy. Nadal being 1st seed isn't as much a joke as Djokovic being no.2, even though he's no.4.

I'm talking ranking wise that it's a joke.

Slams aren't everything BTW. You tools need to realise that.

You tool need to realize that's how the seeding works. Your crappy ranting is misplaced anyway you look at it. I'm sure you'd be ranting if Nadal withdrew a couple days earlier from Wimbledon and the slamless one was officially the 2nd seed, not that he didn't enjoy the 2nd seed draw anyway.

Sapeod
10-10-2009, 04:32 PM
You tool need to realize that's how the seeding works. Your crappy ranting is misplaced anyway you look at it. I'm sure you'd be ranting if Nadal withdrew a couple days earlier from Wimbledon and the slamless one was officially the 2nd seed, not that he didn't enjoy the 2nd seed draw anyway.
I know how the bloody seedings work. I just think an MS tournament with Nadal and Djokovic as 1st and 2nd seeds is a crappy one.
Nadal should've withdrew before the draw as made if he didn't feel like he was going to be able to play, but I couldn't care less if Murray had the 3rd or 2nd seeding.

oranges
10-10-2009, 04:34 PM
I know how the bloody seedings work. I just think an MS tournament with Nadal and Djokovic as 1st and 2nd seeds is a crappy one.
Nadal should've withdrew before the draw as made if he didn't feel like he was going to be able to play, but I couldn't care less if Murray had the 3rd or 2nd seeding.

You don't want to see it, do you. It's crappy when it benefits the guys who actually have more clout than Murray overall, but you don't care if it happened to benefit him. Go figure.

Noleta
10-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Rafa's half:help:and Novak potential opponenets have beaten him this year:tape:

Sapeod
10-10-2009, 04:39 PM
You don't want to see it, do you. It's crappy when it benefits the guys who actually have more clout than Murray overall, but you don't care if it happened to benefit him. Go figure.
I do want to see it. I just think it's not going to be as good with Federer and now Murray gone. I do care if it benefits him FFS, don't talk crap. I think it's a good decision to withdraw. More time for that wrist to recover.

docking34
10-10-2009, 04:59 PM
anyone know why santoro is OUT? i thought he was going to be a capable player here.

Sapeod
10-10-2009, 05:07 PM
anyone know why santoro is OUT? i thought he was going to be a capable player here.
Now it's gonna be even more crap :(

oranges
10-10-2009, 05:09 PM
I do want to see it. I just think it's not going to be as good with Federer and now Murray gone. I do care if it benefits him FFS, don't talk crap. I think it's a good decision to withdraw. More time for that wrist to recover.

Even worse, it's good when it benefits him, but ranting-worth when it's someone else. Grow up.

Not the first, not the last time someone misses a masters. Grow up once again, it's not exactly a decimated field. For a guy who professes full support and respect to Boggo and co., you seem to lack perspective here.

docking34
10-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Now it's gonna be even more crap :(

yah i thought id get to at least see him once more take on some mug. it woulda been a good show. oh well

Sapeod
10-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Even worse, it's good when it benefits him, but ranting-worth when it's someone else. Grow up.

Not the first, not the last time someone misses a masters. Grow up once again, it's not exactly a decimated field. For a guy who professes full support and respect to Boggo and co., you seem to lack perspective here.
Listen. I only said that I think this tournament is going to worse now that Murray and Federer are gone. IO didn't say anything about it not benefiting someone. IMO, Nadal and Djokovic being 1st seed and 2nd seed even though they are ranked 2 and 4 is a joke, slightly.

You're the one that started arguing with me. Looks like someone needs to grow up :)

Sapeod
10-10-2009, 05:16 PM
yah i thought id get to at least see him once more take on some mug. it woulda been a good show. oh well
Yeah. It's a pity.

Still a few tournaments for him to play, though, so we could still see him before he retires.

oranges
10-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Listen. I only said that I think this tournament is going to worse now that Murray and Federer are gone. IO didn't say anything about it not benefiting someone. IMO, Nadal and Djokovic being 1st seed and 2nd seed even though they are ranked 2 and 4 is a joke, slightly.

You're the one that started arguing with me. Looks like someone needs to grow up :)

I'm sure it's not someone pretending to be 13 and ranting basically because he's beloved could very well lose the 3rd spot soon.

Farrow
10-10-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm sure it's not someone pretending to be 13 and ranting basically because he's beloved could very well lose the 3rd spot soon.

WILL lose the third spot soon.

Djokovic is guaranteed to become third when Murray's points from Madrid come off. Murray will fall to fourth.

Sapeod
10-10-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm not pretending to be 13. I'm 14.

I don't mind if he loses the 3rd spot. no.3 and no.4 are basically the same in seedings.

oranges
10-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm not pretending to be 13. I'm 14.

Emotionally, I'll agree. Biologically, yeah right, and I'm an ostrich that can type. BTW, it'll buy you some lenience among mods for only so long.

Sapeod
10-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Emotionally, I'll agree. Biologically, yeah right, and I'm an ostrich that can type. BTW, it'll buy you some lenience among mods for only so long.
I am 14. Why do you think otherwise?

guga2120
10-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Tough second round matches for almost all the top guys. Rafa against Blake/Dr. Ivo, Novak against Gulbis (potentially), Del Potro against Melzer, and Roddick against Stan.

IF Rafa can get past that round, I think he has a shot to win the title: IF HE IS WILLING TO SERVE BIGGER.

This is true, except Novak having any kind of problems w/ Gulbis.

Certinfy
10-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Top 4 seeds going out in R2 would be awesome :p

Bilbo
10-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Top 4 seeds going out in R2 would be awesome :p

or Berdych in R1

malisha
10-10-2009, 11:31 PM

great anticipation from Shanghai staff

Mjau!
10-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Shanghai is outdoors?!? So that means there's only one indoor event worth something except for the YEC... The quest to kill diversity in tennis goes on. :sad: As if there weren't enough outdoor HC masters...

rubbERR
10-11-2009, 02:23 AM
Shanghai is outdoors?!? So that means there's only one indoor event worth something except for the YEC... The quest to kill diversity in tennis goes on. :sad: As if there weren't enough outdoor HC masters...

indoor courts sucks, no real tennis, pathetic only serve mugfestival where guys like ivo karlovic can snatch couple wins.

stebs
10-11-2009, 02:23 PM
indoor courts sucks, no real tennis, pathetic only serve mugfestival where guys like ivo karlovic can snatch couple wins.

Yes, Nalbandian won back to back indoor masters in 2007 because of his booming serve. :rolleyes:

rocketassist
10-11-2009, 07:18 PM

TMS series have been decimated ever since best of 5 finals were removed and top player byes were brought in.

Progressive ATP...

Aenea
10-11-2009, 07:23 PM
TMS series have been decimated ever since best of 5 finals were removed and top player byes were brought in.

Progressive ATP...

Do you play tennis and if yes at what level?

Sapeod
10-11-2009, 07:23 PM
you post a lot of shit. indoors don't suck. indoors is very rare, now that they are slowly changing to outdoors so that it will benefit Nadal and other moonballing mugs and baselining dirtballers.

rocketassist
10-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Do you play tennis and if yes at what level?

I do play but no more than a club/hobby player, why??

Topspin Forehand
10-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Another crappy draw for Rafa. When will he get a fair shake?

calvinhobbes
10-13-2009, 03:11 PM
It would be convenient if these draws could be made sticky threads while the tournament lasts. So we -the late arrivers- could find them more easily.