Murray fans are his worst enemies [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murray fans are his worst enemies

The_Nadal_effect
10-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Frenemy: A new word on the net; it defines an enemy in the guise of a friend.

Murray's fans are his worst frenemies.

No other fan faction ever only praises their favourite player. They see the flaws of their favourites and measure them by their performance. Fed-Nadal-Safin fans deconstruct their players faults as do numerous other factions. But Murray fans tend to completely overlook his flaws and fill the forums with tedious eulogies, whether his performance meritorious or otherwise, notwithstanding.

Now, dare I add another malicious angle to Murray's torturous legend of pathos: Most of Murray's fans are British, and like every other country that cheers for their players, they cheer for them too ... but do they really? Most of their love for Murray is jingoistic, as are their expectations from him. This is where their sardonic humour comes in, where we can see that they enjoy reviling their hero with their bludgeons as much as they enjoy reviving him from those very strokes. Eitherways, Murray is only a puppet in their hands.

How come players like Federer, and Nadal don't have such problems? They are celebrated in their countries. The Spaniards and the Swiss love their heroes in their own ways - fervently or quietly, but always sincerely. But among the Brits, Its their black humour hiding behind their patriotic expectations. Truth be told, even now, the contemplation of Murray not getting a slam and ending as yet another great hope for Britain, among the British folks, is quiet simply, good gossip over a cup of coffee. They enjoy it. They took a great potential in our beautiful sport way into the seventh sky and dropped him off without a parachute. WHAM! Shame.

Sapeod
10-09-2009, 09:20 PM
murray's haters are his worst enemies. nuff said.

DJ Soup
10-09-2009, 09:31 PM
it's up to Murray and only Murray if he wants to win a slam.

unless a fan stabs him a la Seles, it is up to Murray and ONLY Murray

Certinfy
10-09-2009, 09:34 PM
:lol:

KolyaLegend
10-09-2009, 09:56 PM
You might be right

Jeu_Set_Match
10-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Fed-Nadal-Safin fans deconstruct their players faults as do numerous other factions.

:spit:

I stopped reading there.

Arkulari
10-09-2009, 11:59 PM
there's a difference between a normal fan and a mindless tard, if the article talks about the latter, duh, of course, the same happens to all players (Roger and Rafa have some tards that are as :retard: as they come) :shrug:

GlennMirnyi
10-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Fed-Nadal-Safin fans deconstruct their players faults as do numerous other factions.

:spit:

I stopped reading there.

So true.

Bullshit thread.

Roddickominator
10-10-2009, 02:01 AM
Any player's overly biased, delusional fans are "their worst enemy". Murray has plenty of them, as do Federer and Nadal. Any successful player has plenty of dumbass bandwagon fans.

Clydey
10-10-2009, 03:01 AM

No other fan faction ever only praises their favourite player. They see the flaws of their favourites and measure them by their performance. Fed-Nadal-Safin fans deconstruct their players faults as do numerous other factions. But Murray fans tend to completely overlook his flaws and fill the forums with tedious eulogies, whether his performance meritorious or otherwise, notwithstanding.

Now, dare I add another malicious angle to Murray's torturous legend of pathos: Most of Murray's fans are British, and like every other country that cheers for their players, they cheer for them too ... but do they really? Most of their love for Murray is jingoistic, as are their expectations from him. This is where their sardonic humour comes in, where we can see that they enjoy reviling their hero with their bludgeons as much as they enjoy reviving him from those very strokes. Eitherways, Murray is only a puppet in their hands.

How come players like Federer, and Nadal don't have such problems? They are celebrated in their countries. The Spaniards and the Swiss love their heroes in their own ways - fervently or quietly, but always sincerely. But among the Brits, Its their black humour hiding behind their patriotic expectations. Truth be told, even now, the contemplation of Murray not getting a slam and ending as yet another great hope for Britain, among the British folks, is quiet simply, good gossip over a cup of coffee. They enjoy it. They took a great potential in our beautiful sport way into the seventh sky and dropped him off without a parachute. WHAM! Shame.

Quoted for truth.

Forehander
10-10-2009, 04:29 AM
Quoted for truth.

Exactly. Therefore you, as quite possibly the biggest Murray stalker to exist on Earth should stop lying to yourself already and accept the fact that he's just a pusher right now. If crazy fans such as you don't help him in realizing it, who will? To learn from mistake is the key, yet all you fan girls/boys do is continue to cheer him on to make the same mistake over and over while ignoring his true potential. You call yourself A TRUE FAN!? Fuck off!

GlennMirnyi
10-10-2009, 04:31 AM
Murray's worst enemy is not having a forehand. :)

Or a serve.

The_Nadal_effect
10-10-2009, 06:23 AM
it's up to Murray and only Murray if he wants to win a slam.

Murray's case is unique. No other top player has that much outer pressure to perform. Of course, when the results do come, people flock around you, but where have the results come in his case? St Petersburg and Doha don't qualify. Yet the Brits celebrate him as a legend, and you are telling me that its only up to Murray.

Exactly. Therefore you, as quite possibly the biggest Murray stalker to exist on Earth should stop lying to yourself already and accept the fact that he's just a pusher right now. If crazy fans such as you don't help him in realizing it, who will? To learn from mistake is the key, yet all you fan girls/boys do is continue to cheer him on to make the same mistake over and over while ignoring his true potential. You call yourself A TRUE FAN!? Fuck off!

Murray's fans are responsible for pampering him and spoiling him. He would have greater mental discipline if there would be more objective criticism of his game. Then, he wouldn't melt away in the slams like he does so often, losing to Verdasco, Cilic and Roddick whom he owns in the MMs.

Vaccine
10-10-2009, 08:44 AM
murray's haters are his worst enemies. nuff said.

Even a child can read. I start to believe you're mentally handicapped, your posts are so dumb and mindless

Sunset of Age
10-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Murray's case is unique. No other top player has that much outer pressure to perform. Of course, when the results do come, people flock around you, but where have the results come in his case? St Petersburg and Doha don't qualify. Yet the Brits celebrate him as a legend, and you are telling me that its only up to Murray.

Do you really think so, T_N_E? :)
I think one of the big challenges for any top player is to deal with the expectations from 'outside'. Some of the players are capable of meeting those expectations at a very young age, others need a lot more time. Remember that Federer himself got the label of being a headcase, a true underachiever in his early days, and got BASHED for it.
The hyping may well be worse in Great-Britain, I don't know, but I don't think Murray has a lot of problems with that at all. Rather the contrary, he comes across as a rather level-headed guy to me.

Murray's fans are responsible for pampering him and spoiling him. He would have greater mental discipline if there would be more objective criticism of his game. Then, he wouldn't melt away in the slams like he does so often, losing to Verdasco, Cilic and Roddick whom he owns in the MMs.

How do you know whether Murray has a lack of 'mental discipline'? I think rather the contrary. And not every time a player loses a tough match, it's a case of 'melting away' - sometimes they just happen to run into an opponent who's playing better at that time. Verdasco, Cilic and Roddick were all on a very hot streak when they beat Murray. It... happens. :shrug:
And comparing results in lesser tournaments with those in slams... there's this big difference called 'Best of Five', and that's one of the things that makes winning a slam such a very difficult thing to do. ;)

Goldenoldie
10-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I never hesitate to criticize Murray when I think he has played badly. Obviously I can't be a proper fan.

Sunset of Age
10-10-2009, 10:46 AM
I never hesitate to criticize Murray when I think he has played badly. Obviously I can't be a proper fan.

:lol: ;)

Clydey
10-10-2009, 11:50 AM

Think before you post. I scarcely recognise the person you seem to be responding to in the above post.

What am I lying to myself about, exactly? I want Murray to be more aggressive. I want him to cut out the passive rubbish. On what planet does that qualify as me cheering him on to "make the same mistake over and over"?

Do yourself a favour and familiarise yourself with others' views before you start foaming at the mouth and ranting like a lunatic.

Sapeod
10-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Even a child can read. I start to believe you're mentally handicapped, your posts are so dumb and mindless
I'm mentally handicapped? I've said the truth, so to speak, so don't post crap about me when you know fuck all.

Start da Game
10-10-2009, 05:24 PM

good post, you may be right.......i think murray would have won a slam by now had he not been a brit.......

rocketassist
10-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Unless you have lived here or actually know what the Brit public are like, don't fucking blast out shitty stereotypes.

rocketassist
10-11-2009, 07:45 PM
good post, you may be right.......i think murray would have won a slam by now had he not been a brit.......

True, though why does he exactly HAVE to win one for his fans, or do only winners deserve support...

Sapeod
10-11-2009, 07:47 PM
i think murray would have won a slam by now had he not been a brit.......
I think this is a load of bullshit.

gusavo
10-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Exactly. Therefore you, as quite possibly the biggest Murray stalker to exist on Earth should stop lying to yourself already and accept the fact that he's just a pusher right now.
Exactly, hes really passive compared to the average, which is why its so impressive.

If crazy fans such as you don't help him in realizing it, who will?
I barely know what to say, this must be the top of retardation. Yes, random retards on the internet definitely holds valuable information to murray.

To learn from mistake is the key, yet all you fan girls/boys do is continue to cheer him on to make the same mistake over and over while ignoring his true potential.
What mistakes? So when were you second in the world? So what is his true potential? I know you dont have a clue.
Is this a joke post?

Of course, when the results do come, people flock around you, but where have the results come in his case?
Are you drunk? he was second in the world.

Murray's fans are responsible for pampering him and spoiling him.
proof?

He would have greater mental discipline if there would be more objective criticism of his game.
proof?

Then, he wouldn't melt away in the slams like he does so often, losing to Verdasco, Cilic and Roddick whom he owns in the MMs.
So thats why he was huge favourite against cillic, because the people making the odds still had not found out about his supernatural lack of game whenever he plays a grand slam, making the cilic loss a virtual giveaway?

reggie1
10-17-2009, 02:10 PM
I think you are just stating the bleeding obvious!
Yes, on paper Murray should have won a slam by now and he hasn't for whatever reason, other people are better than him, he's had an off day, the stars have aligned so that he will never win anything, blah blah blah, we could be here all day.
And us British are indeed well known for building something or someone up to such impossibly elevated heights, only to then be disapointed at a later date and take utter delight in their implosion, meh meh meh blah blah blah.
Seems to me that you want to goad us Brits for whatever reason.
I think the vast majority of us Murray fans (which makes about three of us on here!) are very honest about his faults, be they personality or play and we do give praise to his opponents. I often feel that their is a real anti Murray/anti Murray -fan feel on MTF and I honestly don't understand why? His fanbase is small and not massively vocal compared to others (Andy's boards are very quiet) and Murray hasn't really done much of late anyway.

The_Nadal_effect
10-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Exactly, hes really passive compared to the average, which is why its so impressive.

I barely know what to say, this must be the top of retardation. Yes, random retards on the internet definitely holds valuable information to murray.

What mistakes? So when were you second in the world? So what is his true potential? I know you dont have a clue.
Is this a joke post?

Are you drunk? he was second in the world.

So was Tommy Haas.

proof?

Being stalked after you've achieved a slam is different. Obviously, people are celebrating something that has materialized, like Del Potro turning into a sporting icon in Argentina only after winning the US Open. Before that he was considered a good sportsman/ potential, etc.

Murray, like Nadal was celebrated at a young age, but a country like Spain which produces more athletes at the top of this sport than Britain does never really took him to the seventh heaven. It is only after Nadal won the French that adulation really took over, and the thing we call 'mass' worshipped him as a 'superstar'. And Nadal, like other Spaniards has a rock solid self-discipline (never mind his game). In Britain, Murray is, was and will be a superstar, whether he does or does not win a slam ... but I have big doubts about the 'will be', knowing how sardonically Britain reacts to failures.

Which is sad.

Philosophically, celebration always follows a cause. So what cause is being celebrated? His potential ... like Haas/ Henman? Too bad. They've corrupted his discipline, and he melts in the slams like a cheap ice-cream.

So thats why he was huge favourite against cillic, because the people making the odds still had not found out about his supernatural lack of game whenever he plays a grand slam, making the cilic loss a virtual giveaway?

Something like that if you want it. Winning against him in the French on a surface in which Cilic was 'favorite' and losing to him in the USO - what was it if not lack of mental discipline (focus/ concentration etc when you know that everyone throws their best in a slam). Murray continues to rest on laurels he's not wearing.

And Clydey is the only intelligent Brit I've met in this regard. She agrees.

Vida
10-17-2009, 09:24 PM
to me it looks like murray copes rather well with the 'base' pressure. just an impression.

tangerine_dream
10-17-2009, 09:55 PM
The British media eats its young and spits them out.

Murray should move to the USA full-time. Only then will he win a slam. :)

Jade Fox
10-17-2009, 10:18 PM
The British media and public seems to have a love/hate relationship with Murray. On the one hand, they know he's their best hope for a Slam in a long time and they root for him to do well.

On the other hand, he's not a true Brit and he never smiles so they may never warm up to him for that reason alone.

Either way if I were a tennis player I wouldn't want to be a Brit. Or French. Or Australian. Or American. It seems like players from these countries have twice the amount of pressure to excel than other countries because they all host a Grand Slam. I definitely think that's the reason why the American media was so quick to jump on the Melanie Oudin bandwagon this year's US Open.

jrm
10-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Murray has fans? Didn't know that ...

-Valhalla-
10-18-2009, 01:36 AM
"Murray fans are his worst enemies"

Yes ... and so are his poor temperament, shitty demeanor, and limp wrist.