Pressure on Murray [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Pressure on Murray

Goldenoldie
10-09-2009, 05:42 PM
As Murray is definitely dropping to #4, and possibly to #5, what difference will this make to media hype/ fan expectations?
I am hoping that nobody will give him any chance of the Australian Open in 2010, and he might sneak in under the radar.

rubbERR
10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
not big deal, his biggest goal is to win that slam obviously

Sapeod
10-09-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't think dropping to no.4 is anything big. No.3 and No.4 are basically the same in slams anyway.
If he drops to no.5, still nothing to worry about. He got to no.2 once, he can do it again.

Certinfy
10-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Doesn't really matter imo.

Farrow
10-09-2009, 06:01 PM
It doesn't matter about his ranking anymore, as long as he stays in the top 6. The other 5 are all slam-winners, and majors are eluding Murray at the moment.

Noleta
10-09-2009, 06:38 PM
As Murray is definitely dropping to #4, and possibly to #5, what difference will this make to media hype/ fan expectations?
I am hoping that nobody will give him any chance of the Australian Open in 2010, and he might sneak in under the radar.

Ain't gonna happen,this is the UK media we're talking about:spit:

Dougie
10-09-2009, 06:49 PM
It´s all about winning a slam for Murray, until(if ever) he´s no 1, he won´t care about his ranking nearly as much as winning that first slam.

born_on_clay
10-09-2009, 06:55 PM
del Potro help The Scot by winning GS
The pressure is now on the Argentine

batavlada
10-09-2009, 07:06 PM

It is quite opposite.

Radalek
10-09-2009, 08:08 PM

What pressure? He has a slam, Murray doesn't. It will add even more pressure now that he knows that even younger players are incoming and window may start to close if he doesn't win one next season. British media won't help him there at all too...

Florida
10-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Cut him some slack! I am not a fan of his game, but I do feel sorry for the guy. British media is ridiculos and it is interesting how well actually Murray handled the hype????? I hope he comes back strong and prove all his haters/fans (his fans hate him more than anybody)that he can and will win a Slam. In fact, he needs to win the slam to prove a point. So, let's hope the British media takes a "chill pill" and stops with the Murray Hype, so the guy can accomplish his goals.

MurrayFan1
10-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Cut him some slack! I am not a fan of his game, but I do feel sorry for the guy. British media is ridiculos and it is interesting how well actually Murray handled the hype????? I hope he comes back strong and prove all his haters/fans (his fans hate him more than anybody)that he can and will win a Slam. In fact, he needs to win the slam to prove a point. So, let's hope the British media takes a "chill pill" and stops with the Murray Hype, so the guy can accomplish his goals.

I don't reckon the media puts any extra pressure on him compared to what is already there, he will thrive on his own pressure, he is a pro and every pro will want to win whatever. And anyway, what would people write about without Murray? There is nobody else! I don't think it makes a difference what his ranking is, though I know a few idiots who will lap it up because his ranking has dropped just as he won't have played for a month or so.

Noleta
10-09-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't reckon the media puts any extra pressure on him compared to what is already there, he will thrive on his own pressure, he is a pro and every pro will want to win whatever. And anyway, what would people write about without Murray? There is nobody else! I don't think it makes a difference what his ranking is, though I know a few idiots who will lap it up because his ranking has dropped just as he won't have played for a month or so.

Is that meant to be sarcasm or sheer arrogance?:p

tennischick
10-10-2009, 03:27 AM
Murray is NOT crap. he's just a tad overrated. on a good day, he can challenge anyone. even Federer.