10-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Good display by marcos:D

asmazif
10-06-2009, 12:56 PM
0-30 last game :(

coonster14
10-06-2009, 12:56 PM
bad luck for baggy.

but i just knew that rafa would get that crucial break of serve in the end.

cant wait for rafa vs blake now, chance for rafa to even up that H2H, and lets see if blake will beat rafa once more on HC.

8pNADAL
10-06-2009, 12:57 PM
nadal beats blake on hardcourts

alter ego
10-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Marcos outplayed Nadal for most of the match, but started to push in the important moments. :mad:

Sunset of Age
10-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Good effort by Baggy, but in the end the better player won. Congrats, Rafa, and thanks for saving my vcash... :p
Thanks both for an entertaining and good quality match! :yeah:

Brick Top
10-06-2009, 12:59 PM
you never guessed the winner,but it was competitive match

sweetymessi
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
all of them won 85 points

petar_pan
10-06-2009, 01:02 PM
really good match. bravo marcos. i would like him to be back in top 10. i like that guy.
rafa is legend. he has so big desire to win in first round even he did what did.

bokehlicious
10-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Useless Baggy :rolleyes: :zzz:

Fed Express
10-06-2009, 01:07 PM
:haha: @ Nadal's outfit:

http://i37.tinypic.com/15ydf2e.jpg

SheepleBuster
bagman sucks. He can't even beat Rafa at 20%.

cmurray
Useless Baggy :rolleyes: :zzz:

:rolleyes:

:hug:

Goldenoldie
10-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Hope Baghdatis gets a kinder draw in his next tournament

Sunset of Age
10-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Hope Baghdatis gets a kinder draw in his next tournament

Yes indeed. He put on a good display today, would surely have beaten a lot of other 1st round players. Bad luck for Baggs, but well, that's one of the main reasons why keeping up your ranking is so important... your chances of a good draw. :shrug:

krystlel
10-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Baghdatis played a pretty good match, positive signs for him. His forehand was working great, lethal on the run and he was very accurate with his first few strokes in rallies, quick to get Nadal on the defensive and followed it nicely to the net.

Nadal seemed to be struggling with digging up the low balls, that forehand grip is not helping when the ball is just about to hit the ground, and Baghdatis does have some of the flattest strokes at times. Didn't seem as tough as usual, but when it mattered he stepped it up in the third set on a couple of points and that was enough to get the decisive win.

Bascule
10-06-2009, 01:20 PM

OMG, this was awful.:rolleyes:

Anyway, Nadal was a favorite, but I am glad Baggy took at least one set.:) I miss him on the courts.:sad:

GlennMirnyi
10-06-2009, 01:25 PM
This is Fatdatis' life-story: bending over against Nadull.

coonster14
10-06-2009, 01:30 PM

OMG!!! :o

what will be next i wonder? i dont mind the green shirt, but the pants have little squares- he looks like he is playing in his PJ's. *NIKE- fail*

out_here_grindin
10-06-2009, 01:37 PM
This is Fatdatis' life-story: bending over against Nadull.

yeah taking a set after coming back to tour level events.

Venle
10-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Probably a good match from both, shame I didn't catch it. :o

Rafa's outfits are getting more and more inspired. AO glitter pants, FO pink shirts, Wimbledon skip (sure, you're only allowed to wear white... :p) and now pyjama pants:haha: :help:

Sunset of Age
10-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Rafa's outfits are getting more and more inspired. AO glitter pants, FO pink shirts, Wimbledon skip (sure, you're only allowed to wear white... :p) and now pyjama pants:haha: :help:

I wonder what Nike will come up with for him as soon as he reaches GS Double Digits. :p :p :p

philosophicalarf
10-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I was wondering why Nadal was wearing women's night-panties.

Johnny Groove
10-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I had a feeling this match would go 3 sets. I was glad to see Baghdatis put up a nice fight here, he looked really good for most of the match. I'd love to see him get his ranking back up.

Absolutely pathetic.

habibko
10-06-2009, 02:26 PM

wow, hideous is an understatement :cuckoo: :tape:

Psichogauchovna
10-06-2009, 02:30 PM
bad luck, Baggy :sad:

GlennMirnyi
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM
yeah taking a set after coming back to tour level events.

Who cares?

He's not playing tour events because he's lazy and fat.

chowdahead25
10-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Really exciting to see this from Baggy. 2010 will be a turnaround.

Nadal, sweet pants :unsure:

GlennMirnyi
10-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Nadull has the fashion sense of a retarded blind person.

oranges
10-06-2009, 02:52 PM

Funny you should say that since the pants look straight from Stepanek's collection :lol:

oranges
10-06-2009, 03:01 PM
only girls care about fashion

^ wow did federer think he should wear that hat with that face with that suit without anyone forcing him to? he got no fashion sense.
:scratch:

Start da Game
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
time waste to play these tiny events which are of little/no importance.......it's best to relax, recharge and get ready for the next season........WTF and davis cup final would have sufficed for the rest of the season just to keep him match fit......

under normal circumstances, he would kick blake out of china, but given his current state, he may struggle.......

Venle
10-06-2009, 03:36 PM
I wonder what Nike will come up with for him as soon as he reaches GS Double Digits. :p :p :p

Tell me about it. :p

GlennMirnyi
10-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Funny you should say that since the pants look straight from Stepanek's collection :lol:

Stepanek would never use pants like that. Especially with that shirt.

He uses classical patterns, more often than not.

Foxy
10-06-2009, 03:49 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Agassi and Medvedev used similar pants in the past as well.

tangerine_dream
10-06-2009, 03:59 PM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked009.gif

I miss the old Rafa. :sad:

Certinfy
10-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Awful outfit!!!

SheepleBuster
10-06-2009, 04:01 PM
WTF? Rafa playing in his Pajamas?

kandygram
10-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Very nice to see Baggy playing so well. I thought he actually had a chance to win.

As for Radek's fashion sense, he only does checkers on his shirt. :p

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu93/phototime_01/US%20Open%20Series/radek1.jpg

oranges
10-06-2009, 04:14 PM

What's more classical than variations of plaid. The pants are on par with this classic and should be worn together for full effect :lol:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GWJatwb-WlI/SZjEWMxDd1I/AAAAAAAAIYs/iGnVzQNS64U/s400/stepanek_aussie09.jpg

phelbyn
10-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Close one! Nice try Baghdatis. Good luck Nadal.

Ilovetheblues_86
10-06-2009, 04:26 PM
I like Nadal pants but the shirt doesn´t match with it.
Should have used a white shirt with a big butterfly in the back paying tribute to Butterflies ping pong rackets.

Bascule
10-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Very nice to see Baggy playing so well. I thought he actually had a chance to win.

As for Radek's fashion sense, he only does checkers on his shirt. :p

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu93/phototime_01/US%20Open%20Series/radek1.jpg

This was much worse, GlenM, at least, worse choice of colors.

sawan66278
10-06-2009, 05:10 PM

I sometimes wonder whether Stepanek wears closed designed to make his opponents think even less of his skill set. The collars are the worst fashion presence on the tour today.

As for Rafa: again, shades of Rotterdam. Having to expend a great deal of energy on the court for a minor event...on hard courts, no less. Stop chasing these titles and appearance fees!:mad:

calvinhobbes
10-06-2009, 05:28 PM

You should know that MacDonald´s is promoting business in China. They have a new clown.....

acionescu
10-06-2009, 05:33 PM

Rafa=clown :mad:

born_on_clay
10-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Rafa at 50% of his capabilities
And still a win
Vamos !

out_here_grindin
10-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Rafa at 50% of his capabilities
And still a win
Vamos !

Like always. God only knows what greatness we would be beholding if he ever got near the big 100%.

serveandvolley80
10-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Like always. God only knows what greatness we would be beholding if he ever got near the big 100%.

Probably 30 GS singles titles, 15 doubles, 12 mixed doubles, the Nobel peace prize, finding of Osama Bin Laden, and solving global warming.

He would be unstoppable, all Spartans are.

brent-o
10-06-2009, 06:54 PM

Nike designed that outfit. Blame them.

GlennMirnyi
10-06-2009, 06:57 PM
What's more classical than variations of plaid. The pants are on par with this classic and should be worn together for full effect :lol:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GWJatwb-WlI/SZjEWMxDd1I/AAAAAAAAIYs/iGnVzQNS64U/s400/stepanek_aussie09.jpg

Checkered shirts = ok.

Checkered shorts = circus outfit.

This was much worse, GlenM, at least, worse choice of colors.

Are you stupid? This kind of clothing is classical as it gets.

Nobody would be stupid enough to use that on shorts, though.

I sometimes wonder whether Stepanek wears closed designed to make his opponents think even less of his skill set. The collars are the worst fashion presence on the tour today.

As for Rafa: again, shades of Rotterdam. Having to expend a great deal of energy on the court for a minor event...on hard courts, no less. Stop chasing these titles and appearance fees!:mad:

Nobody asked you anything, simpleton.

GlennMirnyi
10-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Nike designed that outfit. Blame them.

He uses it because he wants to.

Fanboys... :lol:

Johnny Groove
10-06-2009, 07:06 PM

I think we all do :hug:

I don't agree here. He missed 2 months on the tour, I think he needs to play out the rest of this season. Playing in Bangkok would have been stupid.

oranges
10-06-2009, 07:17 PM

Checkered shirts = ok.

Checkered shorts = circus outfit.

:haha: Both are circus outfit anyway you look at it. You wouldn't be biased here by any chance?

Arkulari
10-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Rafa's outfit :spit: :spit: :spit:

WTF? Rafa, were you still drunk when you choose that outfit? :lol:

Rotterdam 2.0, Baggy played well but if Rafa was 100% he would have beaten the guy much more easily, if Rafa starts struggling with this, I don't know how would he fare against a more powerful opponent :shrug:

Next is Blake, I don't think he'll beat Rafa but stranger things have happened :shrug:

Sunset of Age
10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
I think we all do :hug:

'We all'? :scratch: ;)
Presuming it's only talking about his current appearance - as I DO miss his form of a year ago, he's still obviously not back to his best right now - I think he looks a lot better with the haircut and the sleeved shirts. Better than ever, imho.
That said, those pyjama pants should eh... :o
I just managed to avoid the word 'go' as that would be rather unappropriate I guess.

I don't agree here. He missed 2 months on the tour, I think he needs to play out the rest of this season. Playing in Bangkok would have been stupid.

Fully agree with you here. He'll need some match rhythm at least to be able to perform at level at the remaining masters and WTF.

andylovesaustin
10-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Didn't see the match.

Only logged on to say, WTH is going-on with Rafa's outfit? :help:

The only way it could be worse is it were checked "man-pris," not that I had anything against his manpri phase.

And those shoes!

Oh.. man Rafa... Yikes... They can't pay you enough to wear ensemble.

I miss the old Rafa, too--- I'm talking more about his tennis.

However, I agree his hair looks much better, and in general his outfits haven't been that bad. But this one..

No.

Start da Game
10-06-2009, 07:34 PM
'We all'? :scratch: ;)
Presuming it's only talking about his current appearance - as I DO miss his form of a year ago, he's still obviously not back to his best right now - I think he looks a lot better with the haircut and the sleeved shirts. Better than ever, imho.
That said, those pyjama pants should eh... :o
I just managed to avoid the word 'go' as that would be rather unappropriate I guess.

Fully agree with you here. He'll need some match rhythm at least to be able to perform at level at the remaining masters and WTF.

i hate his current look.......he has gotten to them just to please the so called class sections of the followers.......he doesn't need to change himself for anyone, he has to remain what he is.......

Cloudygirl
10-06-2009, 07:39 PM
What I want to know is, who did Rafa upset at Nike?

Start da Game
10-06-2009, 07:44 PM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/949/rafaelnadal02.jpg (http://img183.imageshack.us/i/rafaelnadal02.jpg/)

Aenea
10-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Jesus Christ so many people commenting on Nadal's outfit :rolleyes: Only girls and metrosexuals care about outfits. All that I want to know is did Nadal play well and does it look like he still carries an injury. Anyone to comment on that?
I'm very pleased Rafa made it past rnd1 :D So many casualties among the top players lately.

ChinoRios4Ever
10-06-2009, 08:12 PM
nice pants Rafa :lol:

Sunset of Age
10-06-2009, 09:26 PM
i hate his current look.......he has gotten to them just to please the so called class sections of the followers.......he doesn't need to change himself for anyone, he has to remain what he is.......

Has it ever occured to you that his 'former' look may well have been an imposed image rather than something he 'is'? He's always had the rather preppy look off-court, so to me it's no surprise he's taking on the more mature look ON court as well nowadays.

Jesus Christ so many people commenting on Nadal's outfit :rolleyes: Only girls and metrosexuals care about outfits.

Well, that's plenty of folks over here :spit: :lol:.
Personally I don't care at all. The guy may appear in a paper bag, as long as he plays reasonably well, all's fine.

All that I want to know is did Nadal play well and does it look like he still carries an injury. Anyone to comment on that?

He has said plenty times now that his abdominal strain injury is gone. No signs of an injury at all, just rustiness from having had a break, which is to be expected. And it should not be forgotten that Baggy played very well indeed, which might have made Rafa look 'worse' than he actually is right now.

Okonsky
10-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Jesus Christ so many people commenting on Nadal's outfit

Personally I don't care at all. The guy may appear in a paper bag, as long as he plays reasonably well, all's fine (Carin wise words).

Aenea
10-06-2009, 09:37 PM
He has said plenty times now that his abdominal strain injury is gone. No signs of an injury at all, just rustiness from having had a break, which is to be expected. And it should not be forgotten that Baggy played very well indeed, which might have made Rafa look 'worse' than he actually is right now.

Thank you :wavey:
I couldn't watch the match but from the scoreline I recon it must have been a bit tight match for Rafa. If it's only rustiness it's OK he'll get into rhythm once he gets more match practice. Hopefully he has enough time to do that :unsure:

Bascule
10-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, that's plenty of folks over here :spit: :lol:.
Personally I don't care at all. The guy may appear in a paper bag, as long as he plays reasonably well, all's fine.

So, only if he was playing bad, you would notice his outfit is awful?
Then, what about Fed's W09 outfit? Everybody found it was "too much" though he won the title.

TMJordan
10-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Raf :yeah:

Arkulari
10-06-2009, 10:06 PM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6139/1000xv.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/i/1000xv.jpg/)

first the pink shirt and now this? :spit: :lol:

I'm glad to see him playing but someone at Nike really dislikes the guy :lol:

Sunset of Age
10-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Thank you :wavey:
I couldn't watch the match but from the scoreline I recon it must have been a bit tight match for Rafa. If it's only rustiness it's OK he'll get into rhythm once he gets more match practice. Hopefully he has enough time to do that :unsure:

You're welcome. :)
Yes, I think it was most of all rustiness, but even more, Baggy playing better than I've seen him do in... well... months time. He did so well that I really believe he would have had a good chance of beating about any other player in his 1st round match with this level of playing... tough luck for Baggy, to run into Rafa in his 1st round!
Of course just my opinion (and hopes...)

So, only if he was playing bad, you would notice his outfit is awful?

No, because I don't think that outfit is awful at all - I think the emerald green looks GREAT on Rafa, the only thing that is 'off', imho, is the pattern on his pants that makes them look like pyjama shorts. :)

Outfits can be very much worse...

Then, what about Fed's W09 outfit? Everybody found it was "too much" though he won the title.

... like you said. ;)
Don't know if you read my posts about his :spit: Startrek/Kung-Fu-attire at that time, but be sure I didn't like it at all. :bolt:

But well, in the end, who cares when one is playing well? Not me! :)

Bascule
10-06-2009, 10:17 PM
No, because I don't think that outfit is awful at all - I think the emerald green looks GREAT on Rafa, the only thing that is 'off', imho, is the pattern on his pants that makes them look like pyjama shorts. :)

Outfits can be very much worse...
That's right, we were talking about pants exactly. Of course it can be worse, Step is the last example.

Sunset of Age
10-06-2009, 10:21 PM
That's right, we were talking about pants exactly. Of course it can be worse, Step is the last example.

Ha ha indeed. :help: :spit:
[FANGIRL MODE ON] The problem with Raf is that he looks so damn good in whatever he wears. :angel: [/FANGIRL MODE OFF] ;)

Corey Feldman
10-06-2009, 11:54 PM
NIFD Baghdatis :rolleyes:

andylovesaustin
10-07-2009, 12:28 AM
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6139/1000xv.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/i/1000xv.jpg/)

I actually like the pink shirt. And I don't mind the green shirt.

But this particular "ensemble," it looks like back in the olden days those golf outfits, with the hats with the puffy things on top :lol:

Rafa is a good-looking guy... without a doubt, but this tennis-wear.. It looks worse in this pic.
It's nearly as bad as Roger's gold Wimby "ensemble"; well not that bad. But it really does look like a clown's costume.. or I don't even know what.

This is what I don't get: isn't Nike trying to market their merchandise by these players wearing their stuff?

I mean, who would buy this much less wear it? I can't even imagine.

As far as the tennis, it looks like it was a good match. It's always nice to have Rafa playing.

Corey Feldman
10-07-2009, 12:29 AM
i like it

any bright colour goes with his sunshine boy skin :hearts:

andylovesaustin
10-07-2009, 12:31 AM
i like it

any bright colour goes with his sunshine boy skin :hearts:

:rolls:

Rafa is showing some good flexibility in that pic! I'm sure the match was lovely, but I didn't see it...

I'm sure there were lovely backhands, forehands, serves, and my personal favorite "dropshots, " but alas.. I cannot comment.. But I can comment on that pic!

Do you think the shirt, the shorts, and the shoes go together? I guess the shoes pull it all together.

Okie doke...

moon language
10-07-2009, 12:33 AM
It doesn't look as bad in that photo ^^.

Still, a weird design from Nike. They are trying so hard to make Nadal an icon that they are getting heavy handed with the designs.

Bascule
10-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Ha ha indeed. :help: :spit:
[FANGIRL MODE ON] The problem with Raf is that he looks so damn good in whatever he wears. :angel: [/FANGIRL MODE OFF] ;)

Agree.:D A real medicine for a woman's eye.
And just because of that, isn't this design of pants what clowns usually wear?:(It doesn't look damn sexy at all.

andylovesaustin
10-07-2009, 12:39 AM
It doesn't look as bad in that photo ^^.

Still, a weird design from Nike. They are trying so hard to make Nadal an icon that they are getting heavy handed with the designs.

Maybe it's their new "glow in the dark" line?! I wonder if there were a blackout, we'd still be able to see Rafa's outfit.. We wouldn't see him, but we'd see his headband, his shirt, the lines on his pants, and his shoes!

That'd be sort of cool..

andylovesaustin
10-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Agree.:D A real medicine for a woman's eye.
And just because of that, isn't this design of pants what clowns usually wear?:(It doesn't look damn sexy at all.

I agree. Rafa deserves better even though he can rock the clown outfit!

Bazooka
10-07-2009, 01:48 AM
After he failed to win RG dressed as a clown, the stubborn spartan refuses to go back to hetero clothes without winning at least a title.

BTW, I wonder if that outfit comes with an epilepsy warning.

I watched the third set and was a pretty decent display from both, very few UEs and Marcus was really trying with his FH, but when it mattered Nadal was too good and got the break at the ninth game. A couple errors took him to 0-30 when he served to win the match, but he focused and won quickly.

Clay Death
10-07-2009, 01:54 AM
After he failed to win RG dressed as a clown, the stubborn spartan refuses to go back to hetero clothes without winning at least a title.

BTW, I wonder if that outfit comes with an epilepsy warning.

I watched the third set and was a pretty decent display from both, very few UEs and Marcus was really trying with his FH, but when it mattered Nadal was too good and got the break at the ninth game. A couple errors took him to 0-30 when he served to win the match, but he focused and won quickly.

he does have a huge say in the matter. i think he is too passive and too relaxed over these attire decisions by nike.

they need him hell of a lot more than he needs them. he is the one selling their shit. accordingly, he ought to wear what works for him and what is comfortable.

this new outfit is not even fit for a color blind circus clown.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/claydeath/v_strelok080100018.jpg

8pNADAL
10-07-2009, 02:08 AM

i guess nike is full of federer fans cos when you compare these nike outfits to what nadal wore in the past, it seems like nike is trying to take away the iconicness of nadal and make his image unlikeable, they arent succeeding but they are trying...

Sunset of Age
10-07-2009, 02:13 AM
i guess nike is full of federer fans cos when you compare these nike outfits to what nadal wore in the past, it seems like nike is trying to take away the iconicness of nadal and make his image unlikeable, they arent succeeding but they are trying...

Jeebus, you truly are a unmatched TOOL. :haha: :silly:

Getta
10-07-2009, 02:24 AM
... until someone else is willing to take over.

8pNADAL
10-07-2009, 02:25 AM
is it hard to believe the people at nike are federer fans? they signed federer to nike before they signed nadal...and they wouldnt have liked nadal any more when he kept hurting their boy in every slam final

Sunset of Age
10-07-2009, 02:31 AM
^^ Please, PLEASE tell me you're not for real. :help:

That poster RafaHasMyHeadInHisAss, I mean. :o
Sorry. :bolt: :o

paseo
10-07-2009, 02:41 AM
is it hard to believe the people at nike are federer fans? they signed federer to nike before they signed nadal...and they wouldnt have liked nadal any more when he kept hurting their boy in every slam final

:confused: of course they sign Fed before Nadal. Fed is older and became successful earlier than Nadal. And NIKE signed a lot of players before Fed and Nadal. Does it means that NIKE like them more than Fed or Nadal, too??

IMO, NIKE aims at different markets for what Fed and Nadal wears.

kyleskywalker007
10-07-2009, 03:51 AM

That's actually pathetic and reminds me of one of the outfits that one of the players of the original Virtua Tennis had. But please rafa, go back to the sleeveless shirts and the capri pants, pleaseeeeeeeeee!

Sunset of Age
10-07-2009, 05:06 AM
That's actually pathetic and reminds me of one of the outfits that one of the players of the original Virtua Tennis had. But please rafa, go back to the sleeveless shirts and the capri pants, pleaseeeeeeeeee!

Please don't. :angel:

Topspin Forehand
10-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Some people care about clothes too much in this thread. All that matters is Nadal won. I sure hope he can beat Blake in the next match. A day off should help his recover.

Baghdatis#1
10-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Who cares?

He's not playing tour events because he's lazy and fat.

I care;)

He's not playing tour events because he has bad luck with injuries. And he lost a lot of weight (like you'd know lol);)

rocketassist
10-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Fatdatis will never, EVER, beat him.

born_on_clay
10-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I care;)

He's not playing tour events because he has bad luck with injuries. And he lost a lot of weight (like you'd know lol);)

Agreed :)

HKz
10-08-2009, 02:47 AM
LOL @ Clay Death who claimed that this would be a runaway for Nadal and that my opinions meant nothing. Seems like I was right, again.

8pNADAL
10-08-2009, 09:50 AM
yeah they signed federer first though, that means he was their first love, doesn't mean they would have chosen him first if federer and nadal were the same age, but it still means he holds sway because he was 'the first love' (plus he's supposed to be goat)

HattonWBA
10-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Nadal will struggle early and play better towards the end of the tournement