ROGER VINDICATED ROGER 6-4, 6-4 vs DELPO [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ROGER VINDICATED ROGER 6-4, 6-4 vs DELPO

calvinhobbes
10-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Delpo Has Suck Fever-----

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 06:02 AM
he wasnt fit, called trainer 3 times but didnt retire.

Audacity
10-06-2009, 06:03 AM
Awesome stuff.

:yeah:

Roddickominator
Time to retire Del Potro, gutless mug.

orangehat
Happy Del Pot lost but hope he's fine.

lucho_coria
10-06-2009, 06:04 AM
Delpo looked very bad , i dont understand why he played this tournament.

rubbERR
expected reactions...guy was ill so its time so why all this bashing? guy didnt retire at least

n8
LOL - that is funny that the guy's last name is Roger-Vasselin.

Get well del Potro!

rubbERR
Awesome stuff.

:yeah:

uhh ohh? what a guy you are :lol:

born_on_clay
Wtf ???

bleu_cheese
10-06-2009, 06:05 AM
I've played with fever before, it is not fun. Hopefully he'll be back 100% next week.

Audacity
10-06-2009, 06:05 AM
uhh ohh? what a guy you are :lol:

What's your problem, buddy?

betowiec
10-06-2009, 06:06 AM
magnifique ERV

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 06:06 AM
Wtf ???

try to read what ive writing, he was ILL...he called trainer 3 times

Roddickominator
10-06-2009, 06:10 AM

Good way to throw off the rhythm of an opponent who is about to double bagel you.

christallh24
10-06-2009, 06:11 AM

What was the matter with him? He did not look..right. Flu?

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 06:12 AM
Good way to throw off the rhythm of an opponent who is about to double bagel you.

del potro didnt serve any his 1st serves over 200km/h today, he wasnt moving well and he showed zero emotion.

his worst 1st serve was 130km/h today.

orangehat
10-06-2009, 06:14 AM
rubbeRR i find it funny how you go slagging off other players but defend yours like mad :lol: the hypocrisy ..

Smoke944
10-06-2009, 06:16 AM
ERV just straight up outplayed DelPo.
Too good.

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 06:18 AM
rubbeRR i find it funny how you go slagging off other players but defend yours like mad :lol: the hypocrisy ..

thats what every fanboy are doing, and im just telling what i saw that match because otherwise its gonna be ugly bashing here in MTF :lol:

Bad Religion
10-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Glad this ballbasher Del Puta lost

Fucking unidimensional mug

orangehat
10-06-2009, 06:19 AM
thats what every fanboy are doing, and im just telling what i saw that match because otherwise its gonna be ugly bashing here in MTF :lol:

And MTF isn't ugly with your ridiculous bashing of other players? :o

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Glad this ballbasher Del Puta lost

Fucking unidimensional mug

pff...says hewitt fan :lol:

moon language
10-06-2009, 06:26 AM
I don't understand the thread title. Roger vindicated Roger? What does that mean?

8pNADAL
10-06-2009, 06:39 AM
wow these federer fans really hate del potro to death, and thats despite del potro being the most humble of champions

bokehlicious
10-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Get well soon JM and come back stronger :devil: :)

alter ego
10-06-2009, 06:42 AM
I don't understand the thread title. Roger vindicated Roger? What does that mean?

Roger-Vasselin is the mug who won. The OP tried to be funny making an analogy with Federer's first name. Obviousley it didn't work...

Certinfy
10-06-2009, 06:46 AM
:haha: Glad he played the tournament tho.

kyleskywalker007
10-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Sophomore slump is a bitch.

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 07:18 AM
match was played indoor btw, roof closed because there is heavy rain in tokyo

Montego
10-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Get well soon, Delpo. Noone cares about the 1st round of Tokyo :wavey:

Goldenoldie
10-06-2009, 08:26 AM
This was an important tournament for Del Potro in terms of catching Djokovic and/or Murray. Could have been 500 fairly easy points

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 08:32 AM
This was an important tournament for Del Potro in terms of catching Djokovic and/or Murray. Could have been 500 fairly easy points

yeah but its difficult to play when youre not feeling well, same happened to murray in us open...

Ad Wim
10-06-2009, 08:35 AM
del potro didnt serve any his 1st serves over 200km/h today, he wasnt moving well and he showed zero emotion.

his worst 1st serve was 130km/h today.

That's the same as in the US Open final so nothing wrong with the guy...

kyleskywalker007
10-06-2009, 08:36 AM
yeah but its difficult to play when youre not feeling well, same happened to murray in us open...

Sorry, but, did Del Potro lose because of extreme pushing? I am actually asking, because I couldn't see the match.

leng jai
10-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Fucken awful thread title.

Elena.
10-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Better like this,i wasn't at all happy with Del Potro playing this tourney,he'll be rested for better things to come.

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Sorry, but, did Del Potro lose because of extreme pushing? I am actually asking, because I couldn't see the match.

no...he lost because he wasnt feeling well, trainer came to see him 3 times, you can see photos his match today here : http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=9176508#post9176508

as you can see his face looks really pale, and definitely ill person looks like that

leng jai
10-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Its vindicated..

kyleskywalker007
10-06-2009, 08:53 AM
no...he lost because he wasnt feeling well, trainer came to see him 3 times, you can see photos his match today here : http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=9176508#post9176508

as you can see his face looks really pale.

God he looks awfully sick in those pictures!:sad: I think it would have been wiser to retire, but guess he ain't a quitter. Thanx for the pics anyway.

PD--->Is he looking good? besides the fact that he was sick, I mean, I never thought he was hot or anything, but seems he is growing on me. By looking good, I mean, physical beauty, lol.

tennis2tennis
10-06-2009, 09:24 AM
he was clearly ill..

Dini
10-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Get well del Potro. Don't think anyone shoulD read much into this result but kudos to roger-vasselin anyway for keeping his head down.

Clydey
10-06-2009, 09:39 AM
expected reactions...guy was ill so its time so why all this bashing? guy didnt retire at least

This is what happens. It doesn't matter if a player is ill or injured. If they lose, they get bashed. It's standard procedure. Take it on the chin and have a bit of fun with it.

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 09:40 AM
well newspapers gets some headlines at least, there is some already :lol:

Clydey
10-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Fucken awful thread title.

Any thread without "Tommy Haas" in the title is awful.

LocoPorElTenis
10-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Apparently Del Potro arrived in Japan without time to train or recover from the jet lag (awful journey from Argentina). So it boils down to a horrible scheduling decision of training in Tandil until the last possible moment :retard:

Ouragan
10-06-2009, 10:55 AM

I second this. Please write titles we can all understand, otherwise useless thread.

Aenea
10-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Apparently Del Potro arrived in Japan without time to train or recover from the jet lag (awful journey from Argentina). So it boils down to a horrible scheduling decision of training in Tandil until the last possible moment :retard:
I read he arrived in Tokyo about a week ago. Isn't that enough time to recover from a jet lag and get used to the conditions in Tokyo?

LocoPorElTenis
10-06-2009, 11:07 AM
I read he arrived in Tokyo about a week ago. Isn't that enough time to recover from a jet lag and get used to the conditions in Tokyo?

A week would be fine. Are you sure he arrived so early? This is not what I read in the Argentine media, then again they could be wrong :wavey:

Aenea
10-06-2009, 11:11 AM
A week would be fine. Are you sure he arrived so early? This is not what I read in the Argentine media, then again they could be wrong :wavey:

No, I'm not sure but that's what that devoted JMDP's fanboy/girl ruberr wrote, that JMDP arrived in Tokyo on 29th of Sep. And s/he seems to follow every JMDP's step so I'm inclined to believe her/him.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9161140&postcount=9

delpiero7
10-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Delpo getting KO'd in R1 of an MM?!

Armageddon is near IMO.

Ozone
10-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Why does Roger-Vasselin choke weekly on the challenger tour but decides to beat Delpo 4 and 4 right now?:eek:

Sunset of Age
10-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Couldn't see it, but according to the more sensible posts over here I can't conclude otherwise than that DelPotro wasn't well. Get well soon... :hug:

Har-Tru
10-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Shouldn't have stepped on the court in the first place.

Bascule
10-06-2009, 12:11 PM
If he was ill, why did he play then?
Anyway, I am little worried about his condition after Cincy and now Tokyo. What are his chances if he misses every second tour in the future?

FiBeR
10-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Time to retire Del Potro, gutless mug.

L. Kubot d. A. Roddick 6-2 6-4 :haha:

joke's on you andy fan

nestingus
10-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I guess Delpo decided to play because he was defending Tokyo final points from last year when he lost to Berdych.

Well done to to Mr Vasselin though. Credit where it's due! :-)

DJ Soup
10-06-2009, 12:25 PM
If he was ill, why did he play then?
Anyway, I am little worried about his condition after Cincy and now Tokyo. What are his chances if he misses every second tour in the future?

fatigue and unfortunate illness are 2 different things

what happen here was unfortunate.
You assimilate that and move on.

GlennMirnyi
10-06-2009, 12:25 PM
:haha:

And this is the USO champion...

FiBeR
10-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Couldn't see it, but according to the more sensible posts over here I can't conclude otherwise than that DelPotro wasn't well. Get well soon... :hug:

props to Roger Vasselin :clap2:

he was playing really solid and consistent. Del potro rampaged 0-30 , 15-40 on R-V's serve but the french would resist and fight back with smart shotmaking and a lot of determination

Del potro was on and off like every 2-3 minutes.. his face was painful and he was never fully there in the match.. his footwork was poor, his shots werent there.. he lacked strengh and speed in his strokes (if you re gonna rest your game on power..then you re screwed) and his service wasnt good at all..

he was feeling dizzy, he called the trainer a couple of times and he wasnt feeling well.. but it was R-V who won the match..he did what he had to and played brilliantly

he never stepped down.. and del potro saw how the match ended in a 4-6 4-6 loss :hatoff:

that's what i saw

a couple of days ago i said it wouldnt surprise me Delpo would lose in R1 .. as i said, the kid needs to get used to pressure in terms of favouritism.. nevermind, hard to explain :lol: read the WWW tokyo thread :p

Sunset of Age
10-06-2009, 12:42 PM
props to Roger Vasselin :clap2:

he was playing really solid and consistent. Del potro rampaged 0-30 , 15-40 on R-V's serve but the french would resist and fight back with smart shotmaking and a lot of determination

Del potro was on and off like every 2-3 minutes.. his face was painful and he was never fully there in the match.. his footwork was poor, his shots werent there.. he lacked strengh and speed in his strokes (if you re gonna rest your game on power..then you re screwed) and his service wasnt good at all..

he was feeling dizzy, he called the trainer a couple of times and he wasnt feeling well.. but it was R-V who won the match..he did what he had to and played brilliantly

he never stepped down.. and del potro saw how the match ended in a 4-6 4-6 loss :hatoff:

that's what i saw

a couple of days ago i said it wouldnt surprise me Delpo would lose in R1 .. as i said, the kid needs to get used to pressure in terms of favouritism.. nevermind, hard to explain :lol: read the WWW tokyo thread :p

Thanks! :)
So it was a matter of both... DelPotro not being well but R-V surely deserved the credits. I agree with you on 'getting used to the pressure' - things obviously change very much once you've managed to win a slam. Hope Del Potro will be able to deal with things well in the future.
Ah, and if there is any 'good' place to lose, rather a MM-tourney than a masters. :)

tennishero
10-06-2009, 12:54 PM
he should have skipped this event, he was clearly unfit for the match, and his opponent must have played well.

Johnny Groove
10-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Hope Del Pony gets better, but I think its a good thing he lost here early so he can bounce back strong in the TMS event next week.

FiBeR
10-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks! :)
So it was a matter of both... DelPotro not being well but R-V surely deserved the credits. I agree with you on 'getting used to the pressure' - things obviously change very much once you've managed to win a slam. Hope Del Potro will be able to deal with things well in the future.
Ah, and if there is any 'good' place to lose, rather a MM-tourney than a masters. :)

Ive seen R-V a couple of times but today he was smoking..

he was determined like ive never seen before.. he moved delpo a lot, he had a lot of touch, great serves and great mentality when he needed to come back to win the service games ..

Del potro didnt look well during the match.. I thought about the "calling the trainer to make the rival lose momentum" but his face was pale and neither time he called the trained would react.. so i dont think he was trying to make his rival lose concentration nor getting concentration

he just couldnt move today, he wasted tons of break points. R-V was sharp, he pushed del potro to the limits, exposed del potro's limited movement and would hit the ball fearless.. he hit a lot of winners when counted, and had a lot of authority.. you could see the spark in his eyes, and del potro was a mere shadow :p

yeah, Del Po needs to rest.. his head needs to click to "tennis" again, cos it gave me the impression his mind was on his fitness and offcourt.. he needs to focus again. Ive noticed DelPo needs to regain confidence.. he has a long way to go if he wants to go deep in shanghai.. good thing is that he has plenty of time to adapt.. it will be hard for a kiddo to push back the USO success.. so who cares..

this is MTF
from MM king but epic failure on MS/GS level
to goat and invincible player
now to failure :lol:

its a tennis match, :) now the tourney is pretty open

Clara Bow
10-06-2009, 01:59 PM
No, I'm not sure but that's what that devoted JMDP's fanboy/girl ruberr wrote, that JMDP arrived in Tokyo on 29th of Sep. And s/he seems to follow every JMDP's step so I'm inclined to believe her/him.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9161140&postcount=9

I don't think he arrived to Tokyo on the 29th or 30th- and rubber was just saying that h/she heard. The first pictures and practice for Delpo in Tokyo were from just a couple of days ago. So I am not inclined to think that he arrived on the 29th or 30th and in fact I think he was still appearing on Argentine tv at that time.

Well done to R-V for the win. Delpo did not look good but credit to R-V for the win. He played well.

I have to think that if this match was two years ago Delpo would have retired instead of staying out there. So that is a positive. I hope with the (now) extra time to prepare and get acclimated to Shanghai he will be able to refocus and find his game again.

tangerine_dream
10-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Lawl, another player who obviously wasn't ready to play again. Go back to sleep, Ponyboy. You won't be needed until London.

River
10-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Holy freakin shit. o.o

Roddick got pwned AND Delpo lost in straights. But DPs loss doesn't sound right at all.

All is forgiven, though, for Juan. Wait till London to get those engines fired up!

A certain Roger wishes he was another Roger right now.

Ilovetheblues_86
10-06-2009, 03:12 PM
I like Roger-Vasselin´s game; its a clever player :)

phelbyn
10-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Wow! Not a good way to step back into the game after winning a GS. new world for him I suppose, trying to be a big guy who is expected to win matches now.

kandygram
10-06-2009, 03:24 PM
I read a few places that Del Potro's stomach was hurting. He didn't blame that on his loss though.

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/atptour/6264285/Juan-Martin-del-Potro-suffers-first-round-exit-at-Japan-Open.html
"I didn't feel 100 per cent," del Potro said. "Everyone could see that. I had a little bit of jet-lag and a stomach ache but that's not the reason I lost."

I still don't understand how JMDP losing Tokyo vindicates Roger who pulled out of the tournament? :confused:

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow! Not a good way to step back into the game after winning a GS. new world for him I suppose, trying to be a big guy who is expected to win matches now.

how many times have to repeat, he was ill...he wasnt fit enought to play that level, he was unable to put any 1st serves 200km/h, some his 1st serves were 153km/h.

read.

phelbyn
10-06-2009, 03:25 PM
how many times have to repeat, he was ill...he wasnt fit enought to play that level, he was unable to put any 1st serves 200km/h, some his 1st serves were 153km/h.

read.

ooh.... sensitive...

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 03:25 PM
of course he didnt blame it, did murray blame his wrist injury when he lost to cilic? no he didnt but it was clear that he was struggling with it

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
ooh.... sensitive...

you didnt obviously watch the match so you should not even comment.

Goldenoldie
10-06-2009, 03:42 PM
of course he didnt blame it, did murray blame his wrist injury when he lost to cilic? no he didnt but it was clear that he was struggling with it

There is a big difference in tennis terms between injury and illness.

Murray knew exactly what was hurting, where it was hurting, whether he would make it worse by playing, what adjustments he would need to his game. He played badly. He lost!

With an illness you can one minute feel that you want to crawl into a hole and die, and the next minute you feel like a pint and a bag of chips. Perhaps Del Potro thought that any minute the medication his trainer gave him would kick in, and he would feel better. OK he didn't and lost, but all credit to him for trying.

I can't believe I am being supportive of Del Potro and critical of Murray, but truth rules, OK?

SetSampras
10-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Thats why I never been sold on Del Potro.. Just cant see any type of long term consistency there at all for him to be #1 for quite a while. Could be injuries, which I think will get the best of Del Potro due to his size..

Yea he is capable of catching fire, but IMO will never be capable of being actually consistent

phelbyn
10-06-2009, 03:59 PM
you didnt obviously watch the match so you should not even comment.

Fair enough... but too bad for him. Better luck next tourney!

MalwareDie
10-06-2009, 04:02 PM
What a champion Del Mugro is. He is the luckiest One-Slam Wonder. 1 Slam < 0 Slams Nalbandian>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Del Mugro

FiBeR
10-06-2009, 04:05 PM
:cuckoo: yeah right.. 1 Slam < 0 Slams

Argenbrit
10-06-2009, 04:50 PM
What a champion Del Mugro is. He is the luckiest One-Slam Wonder. 1 Slam < 0 Slams Nalbandian>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Del Mugro
Isn't it a bit early to say he's a one slam wonder? :rolleyes:

serveandvolley80
10-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Thats why I never been sold on Del Potro.. Just cant see any type of long term consistency there at all for him to be #1 for quite a while. Could be injuries, which I think will get the best of Del Potro due to his size..

Yea he is capable of catching fire, but IMO will never be capable of being actually consistent

Ok possibly, but can you really be this tough on someone that played ill?

Sampras has a few first round stinkers so don't make me bring it up lol.

SetSampras
10-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Ok possibly, but can you really be this tough on someone that played ill?

Sampras has a few first round stinkers so don't make me bring it up lol.

Sampras was also consistent enough to maintain a #1 ranking for 6 years and had his fair share of ilnnesses (thalassemia minor) and injuries (Herniated disc, and other problems) along the way.. One the longest stints in history behind only a few players. Can Del Potro even maintain stayiing #1 an entire season? You cant even compare the two.

Fresh off a USO win, Del Potro should be striking fear into everyone and this should carry over into the rest of the year and all of next year.. Hes managed a slam.. Something very very very few outside of Nadal and Fed even do today.

Clydey
10-06-2009, 05:14 PM
There is a big difference in tennis terms between injury and illness.

Murray knew exactly what was hurting, where it was hurting, whether he would make it worse by playing, what adjustments he would need to his game. He played badly. He lost!

With an illness you can one minute feel that you want to crawl into a hole and die, and the next minute you feel like a pint and a bag of chips. Perhaps Del Potro thought that any minute the medication his trainer gave him would kick in, and he would feel better. OK he didn't and lost, but all credit to him for trying.

I can't believe I am being supportive of Del Potro and critical of Murray, but truth rules, OK?

So being aware of an injury and losing means the injury isn't an excuse? An injury is an injury. It doesn't matter whether or not you know where it hurts. It's still going to affect you. Murray isn't skipping these tournaments and risking his ranking for shits and giggles. He has a problem and, by all accounts, he's had it since Cinci. Word is that he'll miss Shanghai, too.

FiBeR
10-06-2009, 05:15 PM
:confused: :spit:

one slam wonder?? (less than a month from his first grand slam) :o

#1 failure??? (riding a career high #4 in the ranking race for the first time) :o

what are you guys talking about? :o

to be a one slam wonder you have to play at least another slam .. its like saying federer is a 15 time slam wonder :o..

the #1 shˇt.. he isnt even close to n1 yet.. :o.. unbelievable...he just lost on a MM first round and he wont be n1 because of this??..

:retard: :spit:

FedFan_2007
10-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Rest up gentle giant. He'll kick ass in Shanghai.

serveandvolley80
10-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Sampras was also consistent enough to maintain a #1 ranking for 6 years and had his fair share of ilnnesses (thalassemia minor) and injuries (Herniated disc, and other problems) along the way.. One the longest stints in history behind only a few players. Can Del Potro even maintain stayiing #1 an entire season? You cant even compare the two.

Fresh off a USO win, Del Potro should be striking fear into everyone and this should carry over into the rest of the year and all of next year.. Hes managed a slam.. Something very very very few outside of Nadal and Fed even do today.

That is understandable and all fair points, but you are criticizing a 20 year old that is going to have problems with consistency, that sounds a little too psychic because his pro career barely started.

An AO Quarter final, a RG Semi, a US open win, along with making the finals in Montreal, and winning a bunch of small tournaments in the year, this does not seem like an inconsistent year. Not to mention beating some very good players, including Roddick for 4 titles as a 19 year old in 08, 4 titles in a row! He then goes on to get to the US open quarters, taking a set off one of the perennial favorites in Murray.

Does this sound like a player that might be horribly inconsistent? A big improvement in just a year span.

FedFan_2007
10-06-2009, 05:19 PM
serveandvolley80 - DelPo is 21 now.

serveandvolley80
10-06-2009, 05:23 PM
serveandvolley80 - DelPo is 21 now.

He just turned 21 after winning the US open.

He was still 19 in the summer hardcourt season last year, does that not count?

All those accomplishments for a player that just turned 21 and people are already shitting on him like hes Roddick or something.

SetSampras
10-06-2009, 05:30 PM
That is understandable and all fair points, but you are criticizing a 20 year old that is going to have problems with consistency, that sounds a little too psychic because his pro career barely started.

An AO Quarter final, a RG Semi, a US open win, along with making the finals in Montreal, and winning a bunch of small tournaments in the year, this does not seem like an inconsistent year. Not to mention beating some very good players, including Roddick for 4 titles as a 19 year old in 08, 4 titles in a row! He then goes on to get to the US open quarters, taking a set off one of the perennial favorites in Murray.

Does this sound like a player that might be horribly inconsistent? A big improvement in just a year span.

right now.. No absolutely not. Hes actually been very impressive for only being 20-21 years of age. But something tells me he just wont be that consistent and injury plagued due to his size which quite frankly isnt the perfect marriage to tennis. Hes a real big dude and that just doesnt coincide well IMO with having to play the grind of the tour, year in year out. I may be wrong of course.. But we'll see. Right now though.. No hes been pretty impressive to say the least. He can be consistent in the sense of making deep runs.. But will he be consistent at WINNING.. Thats a whole other story.

His grass game has aways to go but he should be right there on HC's and clay

serveandvolley80
10-06-2009, 05:37 PM

Once Roger is finished in his career or his a severe downslide, there is nobody outside of him and Nadal that play decently on Grass.

That gives guys like Delpo a chance depending on the draw, well him and Murray who is not great on grass either but better then Delpo.

saniapower
10-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Del Potro for AO 2010

ChinoRios4Ever
10-06-2009, 07:00 PM
strategic tank, good choice Delpo :yeah:

he will win Shanghai

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 07:20 PM
strategic tank, good choice Delpo :yeah:

he will win Shanghai

nah, his body wasnt his side today, i watched whole match and he looked like zombie first games, even when he lost chances to break this guy serve he showed zero emotion and looked like ghost

watch these photos, and you know what i mean http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=87072&page=121

and when his opponent saw this he was pretty determined to win and was firing his shots and didnt miss too much.

duong
10-06-2009, 07:26 PM
right now.. No absolutely not. Hes actually been very impressive for only being 20-21 years of age. But something tells me he just wont be that consistent and injury plagued due to his size which quite frankly isnt the perfect marriage to tennis. Hes a real big dude and that just doesnt coincide well IMO with having to play the grind of the tour, year in year out. I may be wrong of course.. But we'll see. Right now though.. No hes been pretty impressive to say the least. He can be consistent in the sense of making deep runs.. But will he be consistent at WINNING.. Thats a whole other story.

let's be clear : I think his game has everything to be consistent (and his game is already consistent),

but yes I agree with you for his physical (and that's why I expect Murray to be over JMDP in the long run even though I think JMDP will beat more often than the opposite)

I agree with you but I preferred separating the two aspects to avoid some confusions.

duong
10-06-2009, 07:38 PM

exactly good description of an illness's effects : that's how it is ... pity for people who think he "shouldn't have
gone on court if he wasn't fit" : that's not the way it happens, of course he hoped he could be better and win ... then be better next match.

ChinoRios4Ever
10-06-2009, 07:40 PM
nah, his body wasnt his side today, i watched whole match and he looked like zombie first games, even when he lost chances to break this guy serve he showed zero emotion and looked like ghost

watch these photos, and you know what i mean http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=87072&page=121

and when his opponent saw this he was pretty determined to win and was firing his shots and didnt miss too much.

I saw the match, obviously Delpo wasn't at his 100%, but ERV played amazing too, for sure a fit Delpo should clinched it in straights easily. :shrug:

Arkulari
10-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Juan :sad:
I hope he gets better :hug:

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 10:40 PM
:haha:

And this is the USO champion...

always mumbling here when delpo loses, for example to you sampras was 3-time grandslam champion when he got this upset loss

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis-qualifier-humbles-sampras-1404980.html

and sampras is not only all time great with these kind of losses to qualifiers...

youre just embarrassing yourself

Montego
10-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Don't worry, GlennMirnyi already proved exactly 38,533 times that he is an ignorant and knows shit about tennis.

Corey Feldman
10-06-2009, 10:52 PM
FFS, where was this Delpo in US Open final :o

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 10:55 PM
FFS, where was this Delpo in US Open final :o

he wasnt ill there, wasnt he? and he didnt have jet-lag us open final ;)

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 11:02 PM
many players have lost first round next tournament after winning their first grandslam.

GlennMirnyi
10-06-2009, 11:41 PM
always mumbling here when delpo loses, for example to you sampras was 3-time grandslam champion when he got this upset loss

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis-qualifier-humbles-sampras-1404980.html

and sampras is not only all time great with these kind of losses to qualifiers...

youre just embarrassing yourself

:lol:

As if losing to mug Roger-Vasselin were comparable to any of Sampras' losses.

You fanboy.

rubbERR
10-06-2009, 11:42 PM
:lol:

As if losing to mug Roger-Vasselin were comparable to any of Sampras' losses.

You fanboy.

why not, sampras lost guy who was ranked 204? uh oh...my point was that its not first time that these top guys losing these qualifiers, and btw do you even know how many matches he lost mug players?

why you are even bashing delpo? this is loss when he wasnt fit, couldnt serve and move properly.

DJ Soup
10-07-2009, 12:44 AM
didn't Djokovic and Federer lose the match after the first grand slam win?
correct me if I'm wrong thanks

rubbERR
10-07-2009, 12:50 AM
didn't Djokovic and Federer lose the match after the first grand slam win?
correct me if I'm wrong thanks

retired against davydenko his davis cup match, that was his first since australian open...his worst loss that year was against qualifier kevin anderson in miami

Snowwy
10-07-2009, 02:23 AM

Great to see Del Potro lose. :)

rubbERR
10-07-2009, 02:30 AM

being happy when someone loses tennismatch is extremely retard, and even more because he wasnt fit.

Sunset of Age
10-07-2009, 02:48 AM
being happy when someone loses tennismatch is extremely retard, and even more because he wasnt fit.

Welcome to MTF. Get used to it. :angel:

Action Jackson
10-07-2009, 02:50 AM

Stop it, you are always bitching, whining and loving it when 99 percent of the tour loses.

rubbERR
10-07-2009, 02:56 AM
Stop it, you are always bitching, whining and loving it when 99 percent of the tour loses.

of course im not loving it, i just doesnt care that much

lucho_coria
10-07-2009, 03:31 AM

Great to see Del Potro win the US OPEN 2009 AGAINST ROGER FEDERER. :)

moon language
10-07-2009, 04:13 AM

Not to mention he's the first to moan "excuses" when someone else mentions fitness problems.

rubbERR
10-07-2009, 04:17 AM
Not to mention he's the first to moan "excuses" when someone else mentions fitness problems.

really? when ive done that? :eek:

Snoo Foo
10-07-2009, 04:38 AM
Delpo Has Suck Fever-----

:haha: :haha: :haha:

hisham70
10-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Delpo is just another ONE SLAM wonder

tennishero
10-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Delpo is just another ONE SLAM wonder

3 posts a year and thats the shit u contritube?

rocketassist
10-07-2009, 01:21 PM
3 posts a year and thats the shit u contritube?

Says someone who makes a living of 'contritubing' shit on here.

CooCooCachoo
10-07-2009, 01:24 PM
You can just feel the love here.

tennishero
10-07-2009, 02:24 PM

speak for urself u deluded piece of shit

out_here_grindin
10-07-2009, 02:28 PM
and another MTF thread takes a turn for the worse.

scarecrows
10-07-2009, 04:24 PM
looks like DelPony has been busy :eek:

http://depor.pe/noticia/351485/potro-flecho-lola-bezerra-via-facebook

rubbERR
10-07-2009, 04:28 PM
looks like DelPony has been busy :eek:

http://depor.pe/noticia/351485/potro-flecho-lola-bezerra-via-facebook

uh oh...this has nothing to do with this match :lol:

HattonWBA
10-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow, he was really struggling out there, anyway thats only reason he lost, still nice to hear him givin Roger credit in his interview though.

Sapeod
10-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Delpoo>>>>Fluke GS winner 4EVER

Snowwy
10-09-2009, 02:13 AM

Its rare, but I think I agree with one of your posts :angel: