Bangkok F: "Anti-Tennis" Simon def. Viktor Troicki 7-5 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bangkok F: "Anti-Tennis" Simon def. Viktor Troicki 7-5 6-3

orangehat
10-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Anti-tennis wins again. Sad state of tennis this era.

Action Jackson
10-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Never in doubt.

simplet
10-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Suck on that haters. Simon was on fire today

scarecrows
10-04-2009, 10:31 AM
thought he was injured

Action Jackson
10-04-2009, 10:34 AM
thought he was injured

Only when he loses, sorry that is Nadal.

Tutu
10-04-2009, 10:34 AM
So smart tennis is Anti-Tennis? kk.

Gilles looked really good out there today. From the start of the year he has been trying to be more aggressive and take his game to the next level, there have been glmpses of brilliance but he has never been able to sustain it for too long.. However he looked GREAT in the US Open before he got injured and really good here so hopefully this is the tide turning and he can get back to the top level. I think he just needs to focus on staying in or right close to the top 10 by the end of this year cuz obviously he has a shitload of points to defend now in the TMC and Madrid esp. Allez Gilles.

Suck on that haters.

Brick Top
10-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Viktor chocked in that first set,anyway good tourney for him.
Congrats Gilles

FlameOn
10-04-2009, 10:46 AM
It's funny when people call pushing "anti-tennis". It is completely true but it's still funny. :lol:

Tenn1sAdd1ct
10-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Anti-Tennis lol wtf you gotta be kidding me. :retard: Simon is one of the smartest players out there.

Bascule
10-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Good week for Viktor anyway. Eh, Simon and indoor courts...

Dini
Actually Simon hit a lot of aggressive forehands out there today. He was just too good from the baseline, running down a near impossible ball to break Troicki after he missed the smash. :o Simon is playing well within himself and served really good today.

turtle-rn
It's amazing that an idiot of your caliber can actually type. Sad state for this board.

Scotso
10-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Le Poussin!

Puschkin
10-04-2009, 10:54 AM
:rolleyes: Did you actually watch or are you just repeating crap? I only saw the first set, but Simon was rather agressive.

lalaland
10-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Suck on that haters.
That's you OP :p
In your face: :banana: he won :rocker: he won :rocker2: he won :yippee:

Foxy
10-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Great win for the intelligent tennis! :)

betowiec
10-04-2009, 11:02 AM
expected

but-it's-ok
10-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Gilles was super aggressive today,timed the ball very well,he also demonstrated great athleticism and coolness. His forehand was especially good,and he was very composed making passing shots. Troicki played his part,well done to him for a good week:yeah:

Well played Gillou!!:banana: He has a great record in finals and the timing of this win could not be better!

Pixie
10-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Simon becoming the most-titled active french player together with Santoro.

L James
10-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Good for tennis.

Bilbo
10-04-2009, 11:08 AM
funny all those simon haters :lol:

the guy is playing chess on a tennis court. what more do you want as a tennis fan?

lalaland
10-04-2009, 11:12 AM

the guy is playing chess on a tennis court. what more do you want as a tennis fan?

They want brainless bashers, somehow that gives them hope ;).

Nastasie
10-04-2009, 11:15 AM
:rolleyes: Did you actually watch or are you just repeating crap? I only saw the first set, but Simon was rather agressive.

This. He was really rather aggressive throughout the match. But, yes, his main strengths are that he is an exceptional defender, has incredible agility and timing, and is really, really smart. Plus his serve has been going up a few notches lately, and it paid off nicely in this tournament. There is nothing "anti-tennis" about his game, that is ludicrous.:rolleyes:

FlameOn
10-04-2009, 11:22 AM

I don't actually hate Simon just to clarify. He seems so nice and he's cute as hell too. :D I don't really like defensive gamestyles (that's why I call them anti-tennis as an exaggeration) but I'd gladly make an exception for Gilles any day of the week. ;)

Eimear O'Mahony
10-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Grow up Luke ... who do you think you are? I'm disappointed in you spouting such crap. I thought you were a nice guy ... seems I was wrong. Simon played very well today and he thoroughly deserved that trophy ... when was the last time your precious Gasquet won a title?

sammy01
10-04-2009, 11:41 AM
woop im happy for him. a tournament win like this was well needed. glad he played well and hopefully he can finish the year with some great form.

now take this forum to china simon and do well there.

whattheheck
10-04-2009, 11:47 AM
:woohoo::woohoo: First title of the year, never too late.:dance:

philosophicalarf
10-04-2009, 12:33 PM
thought he was injured

He's been saying in interviews this tournament the knee finally isn't bothering him.

On hard and the slower indoors tracks he's building up a monster record - as favourite he wins 90% the last couple of years. 8-0 on grass too.

Sinerra
10-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Well done Gilles!!! :D

orangehat
10-04-2009, 12:42 PM
So smart tennis is Anti-Tennis? kk.

Smart tennis does not = anti-tennis, but smart tennis can go along with anti-tennis. Only there is smart tennis + nice-to-watch tennis at the same time. (davydenko vs. verdasco which was going on at the same time)

Simon is one of the smartest players out there.

Same as above, I didn't say he was a stupid tennis player :o, but that doesn't make him less anti-tennis.

It's amazing that an idiot of your caliber can actually type. Sad state for this board.
I didn't know expressing an opinion which many share = being an idiot

A set of "aggressive" (inverted commas due to the fact that the aggressive tennis was wedged in between with tons of pushes) tennis does not make up for a match (and in general), a career of anti-tennis.

That's you OP :p
In your face: :banana: he won :rocker: he won :rocker2: he won :yippee:

:worship: It's amazing to see how this board relates calling calling a player anti-tennis as being a hater. (I don't even consider myself to hate murray, despite disliking his style a thousand more times than Gilles). If that were the case the whole of MTF would be haters.

Grow up Luke ... who do you think you are? I'm disappointed in you spouting such crap. I thought you were a nice guy ... seems I was wrong. Simon played very well today and he thoroughly deserved that trophy ... when was the last time your precious Gasquet won a title?

I didn't say that Simon didn't deserve the trophy, nor did I say that he didn't play well today, I just merely don't like how he plays :shrug:. Don't see the need for the overreaction. Relax.

jonathancrane
10-04-2009, 12:45 PM

Less pushing and more tennis, maybe?

orangehat
10-04-2009, 12:47 PM

finally.

born_on_clay
10-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Suck on that haters. Simon was on fire today

and that's the truth !

sammy01
10-04-2009, 12:55 PM

well pushing is a type of tennis, you may not like it hence calling it 'pushing' but you obviously want everyone to play the same style of play so you can then call it tennis.

jonathancrane
10-04-2009, 01:05 PM
well pushing is a type of tennis, you may not like it hence calling it 'pushing' but you obviously want everyone to play the same style of play so you can then call it tennis.

:lol:
Says a fangirl who picks her favourite players based on their looks

Eimear O'Mahony
10-04-2009, 01:09 PM
That was totally uncalled for jonathancrane. Sammy has more knowledge of tennis and tennis players in his little finger than you have in your whole body! Just because he isn't a glory hunter (i.e. a Rafa/Fed fanboy) like most of the idiots on these boards and actually tries to support someone else doesn't mean he picks them based on looks

Chiakifug
10-04-2009, 01:20 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha :woohoo: Fuck y'all, you can say whatever you want, hes got another title!

sammy01
10-04-2009, 01:28 PM
:lol:
Says a fangirl who picks her favourite players based on their looks

i know you are obviously simple, but im a guy :wavey:

so what if a fancy simon, doesn't make my opinions on his game any less valid.

i could always pick my faves cus they are from my country, or cus im a glory hunter, but that seems much more shallow then finding them and their games attractive.

Bilbo
10-04-2009, 01:34 PM

you need to learn what chess is than you'll understand what smart tennis is

savesthedizzle
10-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Viktor :sad: oh well, great effort this week :sad:

rocketassist
10-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Pushing is pushing, anyone who calls it intelligent is a fucking dumb douche.

Viktor is a grinder but at least he has a go.

Bilbo
10-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Viktor is a grinder but at least he has a go.

lol

sammy01
10-04-2009, 01:44 PM
lol

did you not know the logic of grinder >>>>>>>>>> pusher :lol: :tape:

rocketassist
10-04-2009, 01:47 PM
did you not know the logic of grinder >>>>>>>>>> pusher :lol: :tape:

Troicki, Monaco, Tipsarevic, Vassallo Arguello are just four grinders who are aggressive but don't blast the ball. Djokovic used to be as well, but most of the time he's basically a pusher these days.

jonathancrane
10-04-2009, 01:47 PM
you need to learn what chess is than you'll understand what smart tennis is

Chess is the opposite thing of pushing

oranges
10-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Long time we haven't heard the old saying "Simon plays chess tennis" :lol: Must be a couple of weeks already. It's high time someone wrote a book with those numerous vivid examples of unprecedented point construction, starring naturally Simon and Murray, players who think 3-4 moves in advance and outsmart their opponents :haha: It won't include players who are dumb enough to vary their game to their opponent, who on earth would think that's intelligent play. In fact, action will be taken to remove all video of Ljubicic outsmarting Simon and any similar examples from youtube and any other source

DJ Soup
10-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Simon's cool man. I like his game.

Certinfy
10-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Finally :)

scarecrows
10-04-2009, 02:27 PM

:haha:

do you enjoy watching chess on TV bilbo?

orangehat
10-04-2009, 02:30 PM

apart from the fact that all other forms of tennis do not include hitting the ball back when in an advantageous position in hope that the opponent makes a UE.

sammy01
10-04-2009, 02:36 PM
apart from the fact that all other forms of tennis do not include hitting the ball back when in an advantageous position in hope that the opponent makes a UE.

but i suppose hitting the ball out of court when you can hit it in is also a valid form of tennis :o

Dini
10-04-2009, 02:38 PM
but i suppose hitting the ball out of court when you can hit it in is also a valid form of tennis :o

You're quite contradicting with what you love/support. Chakvetadze, for example, is far from a pusher.

orangehat
10-04-2009, 02:40 PM

Attacking tennis with intelligence > smart tennis without pushing > ballbashing > pushing.

Ozone
10-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Victor is a grinder??

Great week for Gilles, better week for Troicki

sammy01
10-04-2009, 02:46 PM
You're quite contradicting with what you love/support. Chakvetadze, for example, is far from a pusher.

thats because i can appreciate all types of game style. im not against any player who goes for winners (heck a on form mary pierce/del potro was/is the most amazing thing to watch), but i hate people belittling simon because his style is more defensive/counter-punching.

my 2nd fave player is del potro who is a ball hitting machine.

as for chakvetadze, it would help if she actually got the ball in court a bit more these days :o

p.s rest that foot chak!

sammy01
10-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Attacking tennis with intelligence > smart tennis without pushing > ballbashing > pushing.

in my mind 'pushing' >>>>>>>> 'ballbashing', i mean how stupid do you have to be to hand someone a match in UE's, at least 'pushing' makes the opponent have to actually win the match.

Ouragan
10-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Simon becoming the most-titled active french player together with Santoro.

Ha ha, thanks, crazy stat!

rocketassist
10-04-2009, 02:51 PM
in my mind 'pushing' >>>>>>>> 'ballbashing', i mean how stupid do you have to be to hand someone a match in UE's, at least 'pushing' makes the opponent have to actually win the match.

Del Potro is definitely not a fave of mine but he's a high-percentage ballbasher who doesn't make mistakes, not every ballbasher is full of errors.

Dini
10-04-2009, 02:51 PM
thats because i can appreciate all types of game style. im not against any player who goes for winners (heck a on form mary pierce/del potro was/is the most amazing thing to watch), but i hate people belittling simon because his style is more defensive/counter-punching.

my 2nd fave player is del potro who is a ball hitting machine.

as for chakvetadze, it would help if she actually got the ball in court a bit more these days :o

p.s rest that foot chak!

Fair enough.

But you were talking as if you disliked hard hitters, hence the confusion. ;)

sammy01
10-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Fair enough.

But you were talking as if you disliked hard hitters, hence the confusion. ;)

i was counterbalancing the 'simon is crap, pushers is shit' attitude.

rocketassist - i agree and its part of the reason i like del potro is hes very consistent whilst hitting hard powerful shots, he still plays the % well and doesn't over do it.

thrust
10-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Anti-Tennis lol wtf you gotta be kidding me. :retard: Simon is one of the smartest players out there.

Unfortunately, for most today, if a player isn't constantly bashing the ball as hard as they can they are called a pusher.

Dini
10-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Unfortunately, for most today, if a player isn't constantly bashing the ball as hard as they can they are called a pusher.

I don't think Simon posses the power to hit hard. I think it's quite simple really. But I don't think that many can deny that his style of play isn't defensive and about running down as many balls as possible - this is called "pushing" in forum terms I guess. He displays frequent flashes of aggression (today had loads of aggressive shots), but he resorts to long rallies and executes his game plan of tiring the opponent/making him hit the UE quite often in matches when he can actually take charge with his very good backhand. I suppose there's nothing wrong with defensive tennis if that's playing to the best of your abilities, but personally I find it incredibly tiring and boring.

sammy01
10-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't think Simon posses the power to hit hard. I think it's quite simple really. But I don't think that many can deny that his style of play isn't defensive and about running down as many balls as possible - this is called "pushing" in forum terms I guess. He displays frequent flashes of aggression (today had loads of aggressive shots), but he resorts to long rallies and executes his game plan of tiring the opponent/making him hit the UE quite often in matches when he can actually take charge with his very good backhand. I suppose there's nothing wrong with defensive tennis if that's playing to the best of your abilities, but personally I find it incredibly tiring and boring.

simons problem on the forehand is he hits it very flat, so the more pace he puts on it the more chance of it flying out, as theres not the spin to drag it in. it also means that sometimes he will just hit it and strike beautiful winners that are low ppercentage and when people seem him hit those shots think he should/could be doing that all the time/more often. the problem is like i said its very low percentage, and would cost him many matches if he adopted that style of going for it.

he could attack more with the BH whilst keeping a higher percentage of balls in, but i think its mentally hard to be aggressive off one wing and strudy/passive for the most part off the other. so he plays it easy/safe on the backhand just moving the ball around, unless forced to come up with a pass or good shot.

Cloudygirl
10-04-2009, 03:23 PM
I think that's a pretty fair assessment actually Sammy.

Dini
10-04-2009, 03:33 PM
His forehand must be the flattest out there.

Ironic that, considering most "defensive" players play with topspin (and some even "moonball" like Wozniacki tends to do sometimes). :p

sammy01
10-04-2009, 03:38 PM
His forehand must be the flattest out there.

Ironic that, considering most "defensive" players play with topspin (and some even "moonball" like Wozniacki tends to do sometimes). :p

yes its not a caro type of 'pushing' where its loading the ball up with spin.

what would help simon more is to try to hit more angles, as his flat shots would be very hard to counter with angle on them.

Dini
10-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Sammy if you don't mind me asking, do you play tennis at the competitive level or do you teach it? Your analysis is very sound, and I happen to agree with it.

stebs
10-04-2009, 03:45 PM

what would help simon more is to try to hit more angles, as his flat shots would be very hard to counter with angle on them.

Hitting a ball flat and finding tight angles is very hard to do and almost always low percentage.

Snowwy
10-04-2009, 03:54 PM

Of course he didn't watch the match..

sammy01
10-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Hitting a ball flat and finding tight angles is very hard to do and almost always low percentage.

yes but i feel for simon to be more influential in a matches outcome its a much safer risk than trying to hit outright winners.

i still remember in 2007 when chakvetadze was killing opponents by angling flat shots :sad:

straitup
10-04-2009, 04:18 PM

That's not a bad analysis of him...however, Simon does have the power to hit hard, at least in my opinion. I know I'm only using one match, but when Simon played Nadal last year in Paris, they would get into long rallies but Simon hit some of the hardest on the run forehands that I've seen. He can crack the ball and it looks even faster because he hits it so flat. It isn't the highest percentage shot.

And I agree with the poster who was saying that Simon is looking to play more aggressive than he has...especially at the US Open, I thought he was playing very well against Ferrero before having to retire.

Regardless, great match for Gilles :worship: and I hope this can maybe give him some momentum to not take a humongous fall after Madrid and the WTF

sammy01
10-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Sammy if you don't mind me asking, do you play tennis at the competitive level or do you teach it? Your analysis is very sound, and I happen to agree with it.

i was a county player a few years back and did the whole junior thing. now i help run a tennis club and play in my local areas summer leagues. i somehow managed to end up mixed captain of my clubs team :o:)

im now very intrested in getting kids and adults into playing tennis. i spend a lot of hours at my local club helping out, running open days ect and am now the social secretary of the club.

i had many dark times as a youngster and tennis was the 1 constant in my life, so i wanna give that to others and hope they can get as much as out tennis as i have.

interms of tennis i've had a lot of coaching, and was very lucky to have a best friend who loved tennis and we improved at the same level (with oddly very different game styles). so interms of tennis and its techniques im pretty well informed, as you learn a lot having been around tennis/coaching most of my life.

Bilbo
10-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Chess is the opposite thing of pushing

when you play chess you try to push your enemy backwards

MsTree
10-04-2009, 07:23 PM

Get it right up ya :ras:

Long time we haven't heard the old saying "Simon plays chess tennis" :lol: Must be a couple of weeks already. It's high time someone wrote a book with those numerous vivid examples of unprecedented point construction, starring naturally Simon and Murray, players who think 3-4 moves in advance and outsmart their opponents :haha:

You obviously prefer to hope that they just get smashed in the face with a racquet :rolleyes:

simons problem on the forehand is he hits it very flat, so the more pace he puts on it the more chance of it flying out, as theres not the spin to drag it in. it also means that sometimes he will just hit it and strike beautiful winners that are low ppercentage and when people seem him hit those shots think he should/could be doing that all the time/more often. the problem is like i said its very low percentage, and would cost him many matches if he adopted that style of going for it.

he could attack more with the BH whilst keeping a higher percentage of balls in, but i think its mentally hard to be aggressive off one wing and strudy/passive for the most part off the other. so he plays it easy/safe on the backhand just moving the ball around, unless forced to come up with a pass or good shot.

Excellent post Sammy :) Good analysis really doesn't belong in this cesspit :(

roberthenman
10-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Simon congrats :worship:

PeteCentral
10-04-2009, 07:40 PM

A naked guy playing chess on a tennis court.

rocketassist
10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Keeping the ball in play is NOT CLEVER TENNIS, it's simple tennis.

Why does he get that nickname and no it's not the nursery rhyme.

oranges
10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
You obviously prefer to hope that they just get smashed in the face with a racquet :rolleyes:

I see you're still not over it :lol: Should have gone for a preacher career, then again it requires perspective and less of a tendency to self-importance.

Was there any connection between my post and your response?

Snowwy
10-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Keeping the ball in play is NOT CLEVER TENNIS, it's simple tennis.

Why does he get that nickname and no it's not the nursery rhyme.

Simon does keep the ball in play, but its not like he just hits it over and over down the middle, its not quite as simple as you let it seem otherwise you'd be on TV and not the internet..right?

MsTree
10-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Was there any connection between my post and your response?

Only to show that your opinion is worthless. You're slagging off folk who are actually discussing tennis when your own level is to hope the match ends with an injury to whoever your fave is playing. Hardly the most analytical approach is it?

tealeaves
10-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Simug :hearts:

oranges
10-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Only to show that your opinion is worthless. You're slagging off folk who are actually discussing tennis when your own level is to hope the match ends with an injury to whoever your fave is playing. Hardly the most analytical approach is it?

You are beyond pathetic.

I'm yet to see you offer any analysis whatsoever, you only seem to be crying. Mine is actually spot on. There is nothing inherently smart in defensive style and nothing inherently brainless in an aggressive one or vice versa. Get a clue and stop the pathetic whining.

tangerine_dream
10-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Great win, congrats to Gilles :bigclap:

MsTree
10-04-2009, 09:15 PM
You are beyond pathetic.

I'm yet to see you offer any analysis whatsoever, you only seem to be crying. Mine is actually spot on. There is nothing inherently smart in defensive style and nothing inherently brainless in an aggressive one or vice versa. Get a clue and stop the pathetic whining.

You call me pathetic when you're the one who thinks it's "funny" to wish injury on a player! :twat:

Forehander
10-04-2009, 09:26 PM
ahahahahaha @ people calling Simon smart tennis

lalaland
10-04-2009, 09:51 PM
ahahahahaha @ people calling Simon smart tennis

not as hilarious as ppl calling Dimitrov future GOAT :).

oranges
10-04-2009, 09:58 PM
You call me pathetic when you're the one who thinks it's "funny" to wish injury on a player! :twat:

Yes, I'm well-known as a person who wishes injury on people, both in real life and on this forum :lol: :cuckoo: You, on the other hand, are not known as an opinionated twat incapable of resolving a conflict

MsTree
10-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Yes, I'm well-known as a person who wishes injury on people, both in real life and on this forum :lol: :cuckoo: You, on the other hand, are not known as an opinionated twat incapable of resolving a conflict

If I thought you were bright enough to manage sarcasm I might be suspicious of your post but as you obviously aren't I'll take you at your word. You're already well known as a stalker, I'm sure you just consider violence another string to your bow :rolleyes:

Roddickominator
10-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Bad result for tennis.....though Troicki winning is also a bad result for tennis as well.

oranges
10-04-2009, 10:24 PM
If I thought you were bright enough to manage sarcasm I might be suspicious of your post but as you obviously aren't I'll take you at your word. You're already well known as a stalker, I'm sure you just consider violence another string to your bow :rolleyes:

I doubt anyone is interested in this little discussion, but one last word and then you can go back to the safety of your self-righteous little world. The saddest part in the entire story is that you don't even realize that you've lost moral ground at some point in the initial discussion and even sadder that you wouldn't realize why if someone hit you on the head with it, pardon the pun.

If there's a stalker in this, frankly my dear, it's you. Stay well. Don't torture children with guilt because they lied about eating candy if possible.

Mateya
10-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Hell yeah :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

What anti-tennis :retard: Why is this so simple?
Nah, my signature quote says it all.

I rather watch smart tennis, then ballbashing. Go watch WTA then.
:wavey:

rocketassist
10-04-2009, 10:37 PM

Hell yeah :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

What anti-tennis :retard: Why is this so simple?
Nah, my signature quote says it all.

I rather watch smart tennis, then ballbashing. Go watch WTA then.

He isn't a fucking smart player. :haha:

Yeah yeah same old Simontards, to them it's his style or ballbashing. No in-between :wavey:

Simon- a mediocre pusher with absolutely no game. Reached 5 in the world.

Oh how the game moved on too much for guys like Hewitt, JCF and Roddick when the likes of Gillou are at the top :haha:

GlennMirnyi
10-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Expected result - Troicki is a bottler.

Ouragan
10-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Well done Gilles, ignore the haters, you're the one with the fame and the millions, not they :)

rocketassist
10-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Well done Gilles, ignore the haters, you're the one with the fame and the millions, not they :)

Fame? No one gives a toss about him apart from French media probably. Unlike Tsonga, Gasquet who all have worldwide appeal.

No one cares about a gameless pusher. See Boredo's worldwide appeal, the other worst number 5 ever.

malisha
10-05-2009, 12:03 AM
I rather watch smart tennis, then ballbashing.

you have disappointed me
this coming from PHM-fan:sad:
i am a huge fan of brainless ballbashers and thought you support them aswell

malisha
10-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Gilles seems a nice guy judging from his interwiews... seems very modest

hate his ugly game though

but congrats on the Title

Overlord
10-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Great to see Simon winning :yeah:

Still shame for Troicki, he should capitalize these chances when he gets to final, otherwise winning tournament might become difficult...

Vida
10-05-2009, 02:34 AM
what tournaments?

this is great tournament for Viktor, win over Tsonga especially, Im very happy for him. He'll be back in top 30.

good for Simon, though trophy would be more meaningful against Tsonga in the final.

sammy01
10-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Fame? No one gives a toss about him apart from French media probably. Unlike Tsonga, Gasquet who all have worldwide appeal.

No one cares about a gameless pusher. See Boredo's worldwide appeal, the other worst number 5 ever.

well you gave a toss enough to reply like 4 times in this thread :wavey:

Clay Death
10-05-2009, 02:40 AM
what tournaments?

this is great tournament for Viktor, win over Tsonga especially, Im very happy for him. He'll be back in top 30.

good for Simon, though trophy would be more meaningful against Tsonga in the final.

troicki is still work in progress. with hard work and a bit of a drive he could easily be a top 15 player. he is talented. just needs to put in the hard yards. i like his attitude on the court and i like his style.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/claydeath/sparta4.jpg

switz
10-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Only when he loses, sorry that is Nadal.

um unrelated topic but have you ever thought about changing your signature. it's highly insensitive given mcgrath's wife died of breast cancer a couple of years ago.

LoveFifteen
10-05-2009, 04:17 AM
It seems like a lot of people on this board hate defensive tennis and prefer players who aggressively go for their shots and play offense. I wonder why the WTA isn't more popular here then! :tape: ;)

n8
10-05-2009, 04:29 AM
He isn't a fucking smart player. :haha:

Yeah yeah same old Simontards, to them it's his style or ballbashing. No in-between :wavey:

Simon- a mediocre pusher with absolutely no game. Reached 5 in the world.

Oh how the game moved on too much for guys like Hewitt, JCF and Roddick when the likes of Gillou are at the top :haha:

Simon never reached the top 5. He peaked at 6 at the beginning of the year.

orangehat
10-05-2009, 05:55 AM
It seems like a lot of people on this board hate defensive tennis and prefer players who aggressively go for their shots and play offense. I wonder why the WTA isn't more popular here then! :tape: ;)

aggressive tennis requires variety too. WTA doesn't have that.

MsTree
10-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Don't torture children with guilt because they lied about eating candy if possible.

:lol: you obviously think everyone should let you say whatever you want about whoever you want, life isn't like that, you come out with crap and someone will call you for it. If you can't take it then be more careful what you say or what you laugh at. Why should you take the moral high ground when your own morals are repulsive. :rolleyes:

leng jai
10-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Simon is a brain surgeon disguised as a tennis player.

Action Jackson
10-05-2009, 11:00 AM
um unrelated topic but have you ever thought about changing your signature. it's highly insensitive given mcgrath's wife died of breast cancer a couple of years ago.

I will change it when I feel like, the fact was that she was alive and well when that comment was made.

Mateya
10-05-2009, 07:12 PM
you have disappointed me
this coming from PHM-fan:sad:
i am a huge fan of brainless ballbashers and thought you support them aswell

:retard:
PHM a brainless ballbasher? :retard:
On clay he almost tends to moonball and play too defensive. And it depends from his opponent,

You should be banned from this forum, what a clown.

rhinooooo
10-05-2009, 11:27 PM
:retard:
PHM a brainless ballbasher? :retard:
On clay he almost tends to moonball and play too defensive. And it depends from his opponent,

You should be banned from this forum, what a clown.

I'm a fan of PHM. But are you kidding me?

He's a ballbasher. The only thing he's capable of doing is hitting big, he's very aggressive off both sides. When he's on it's fantastic to watch, but he has no variety. He can't slice, he definitely can't volley, and he's not very good defensively. He's got a good return though.

Scotso
10-06-2009, 05:12 AM

Says a pathetic minger on a message board who is still waiting on his first kiss. You really should focus all this anger on improving yourself rather than raging against people who have accomplished more in the last five minutes than you have in your entire miserable existence.

Nothing more entertaining than hotshots on a message board. Cheers. :wavey:

danieln1
10-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Anti tennis because he´s a plain pusher???

He´s funny to watch, when he´s attacking