Nbl 2009-10 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nbl 2009-10

Reveen
09-17-2009, 02:33 AM
No one seems to be offering a futures market for it, with a week left before the season commences. :confused:

Bolar Bolabi
09-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Based on what we saw in pre-season, totals will probably be made around the 180-190 mark with most of them going under and lucky to reach 180.

So depending what the lines are this is going to be another under-fest.

good_gambler
09-20-2009, 12:07 PM
How bad is the Hawks team? FMD! My old Under 23's would give them a run for their money and we finished last two years in a row.

Market is out BTW. Crocs all the way this season.

bad gambler
09-22-2009, 03:26 PM
40min games this season, European and International style

bad gambler
09-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Best Finish in regular season:

Breakers to beat Tigers - $1.87 (Play of the Year)

Even ignoring the fact that Anstey won't take part for the first 3 months of the season this is a sensational bet IMO. Breakers have the best squad in the league and Tigers will struggle early season because of the lack of chemistry within their team. Breakers also have a chance to jump them early as they play each other early in the season (Rounds 2 & 3).

bad gambler
09-22-2009, 04:14 PM
How bad is the Hawks team? FMD! My old Under 23's would give them a run for their money and we finished last two years in a row.

Market is out BTW. Crocs all the way this season.

Didn't the Hawks win the pre-season competition in Darwin? I agree though their roster does look a little light on. Taipans don't look that flash either on paper.

fenildave
09-24-2009, 12:06 AM
40min games this season, European and International style

I dont watch or follow european basketball so just wondering if it also means 30 seconds shot clock rather then 24 seconds ? and do the team get 5 fouls per quarter or 6 ?

Reveen
09-24-2009, 04:22 AM
24 second shot clock and five fouls per player, but still five team fouls before the bonus.

good_gambler
09-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Didn't the Hawks win the pre-season competition in Darwin? I agree though their roster does look a little light on. Taipans don't look that flash either on paper.

Yeah they did win the preseason comp. Wonder how serious teams took it though?

What are your thoughts on the 40 mins instead of 48?

I am split. Don't like it for the obvious reason.. it is less game time.
But on the positive, shortens the game and makes it closer towards the end more times then not. Possibly may well be more exciting. Time will tell I guess.

bad gambler
09-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah they did win the preseason comp. Wonder how serious teams took it though?

What are your thoughts on the 40 mins instead of 48?

I am split. Don't like it for the obvious reason.. it is less game time.
But on the positive, shortens the game and makes it closer towards the end more times then not. Possibly may well be more exciting. Time will tell I guess.

I don't mind the 40min games as I watch quite a bit of European and International games. The key is efficiency on both ends, teams simply can't afford to go on cold streaks.

bad gambler
02-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Best Finish in regular season:

Breakers to beat Tigers - $1.87 (Play of the Year)

Even ignoring the fact that Anstey won't take part for the first 3 months of the season this is a sensational bet IMO. Breakers have the best squad in the league and Tigers will struggle early season because of the lack of chemistry within their team. Breakers also have a chance to jump them early as they play each other early in the season (Rounds 2 & 3).

win