USO F: (4) Dlouhy/Paes def. (3) Bhupathi/Knowles 3-6 6-3 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USO F: (4) Dlouhy/Paes def. (3) Bhupathi/Knowles 3-6 6-3 6-2

Snoo Foo
09-13-2009, 09:02 PM
a rough start but they came through :yeah:

hope maybe i will at least get to see some highlights of 3d set since CBS/USO turned off coverage cuz they hate asians doubles me :sobbing:

Blarghman
09-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Dlouhy/Paes :yeah:

Two Grand Slam titles this year, very impressive stuff :cool:

Cricketics
09-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Great stuff. Leander the legend, and Lukas Dlouhy the future Legend.

Congrats. The REAL CHAMPIONS. WELL DESERVED

scarecrows
09-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Dlouhy showing why he's a legend of the racket

Henry Chinaski
09-14-2009, 12:01 AM
dlouhy would be the sexiest tennis player in his country if he was from anywhere else.

born_on_clay
09-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Congrats guys:)

kaustav4
09-15-2009, 04:21 PM
With this win Paes-Dlouhy won the second slam of the year and infat scored better than any other pair..Nestor-Zimonjic, Bryan brothers may have won more tirles but Paes along with Dlouhy fared better which matters most in slams...Reaching Aussie Open semis and winning Roland Garros and Us Open certainly beats them their rivals in terms of most coveted wins...:)

kaustav4
09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
A fantastic strategy adopted by Paes...play less...choose the tourney which matters most...THE GRANDSALM....for the record Paes hardly played tournaments after F.O this year(just 3 which includes Wimbledon)....
Hats off to this doubles legend... :worship::worship::worship:

CooCooCachoo
09-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Dlouhy/Paes have had a rather mediocre year overall, but they sure know how to peak at the right moments. Two Slams means that their year is in fact far from mediocre, and that they have performed better than teams that have a greater year record all-over. Congrats to them :yeah: Leander is a true legend in doubles, and Lukas is immensely gifted. It's good to see that he is using this talent to good ends in doubles - undoubtedly with the aide and expertise of Paes - but I do think that he has a lot more to offer in singles too.

Bhupathi/Knowles are one of the least inspiring teams on tour for me. There's a lot of talent in that partnership, but somehow I feel both of their skills would come to their right more with other partners. Reaching this final was a great achievement for them though.

Cricketics
09-16-2009, 12:52 PM
CoocooCAHOO, I believe had they been in the draw of Bryan Brothers, they would have never crossed the hurdle of defeating them and reaching the fianls.