Mirnyi/Ram d Zimonjic/Nestor 6-7 6-4 6-0 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mirnyi/Ram d Zimonjic/Nestor 6-7 6-4 6-0

Smoke944
09-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Haha, hilarious stuff. Close match with some Israelis cheering loudly. MR played a great game to get the break and then served out the second. In the third, eventually the Israelis would cheer DFs and the like, which naturally pissed off NZ. Zimonjic got increasingly pissed, couldn't deal with it, and basically they quit after going down a double break. After the match Nestor was mad at Ram and asked him if the people cheering were in his box. They got in an argument and were telling each other to shutup :haha: Then Mirnyi pushed Ram away and all I picked up is Max saying "fucking" to Andy :lol:
They talked some more and then NZ did a little complaining to the umpire as they felt she didn't do her job(which I would have to say is true) in not controlling the crowd.

xargon
09-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Nestor asked Ram about the people in Ram's box and Ram said he didn't know who they were. Nestor said..you don't know the people in your box? Then Ram laughed and Nestor asked why it was funny?

I would say Ram and Mirnyi are dirty players.

delpiero7
09-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Nestor is a little bitch. I was hoping for a fight to break out on court. Mirnyi vs Zimonjic would have been interesting :D

TheBrainiac
09-09-2009, 02:28 AM
I guess Zimonjic never played in Israel , he should ask russian team IMO

Smoke944
09-09-2009, 05:37 AM
Nestor asked Ram about the people in Ram's box and Ram said he didn't know who they were. Nestor said..you don't know the people in your box? Then Ram laughed and Nestor asked why it was funny?

I would say Ram and Mirnyi are dirty players.

I wouldn't :lol:
Great opportunity now for Knowles/Bhupathi as well :D

KoOlMaNsEaN
09-09-2009, 05:48 AM
NEW YORK -- Canada's Daniel Nestor is out of the U.S. Open after an ill-tempered quarter-final loss in men's doubles action Tuesday.

The Toronto native and his Serbian partner Nenad Zimonjic suffered a 6-7 (4-7), 6-4, 6-0 loss to Max Mirnyi of Belarus and Andy Ram of Israel.

Nestor was furious with chair umpire Lynn Welch for not controlling what appeared to be a rowdy bunch who stood out in the sparely populated Grandstand stadium. They yelled and distracted in support of Mirnyi and Ram, which bothered Nestor and Zimonjic enough to complain.

"Your job is to say something, this is not Davis Cup," the 27-year-old Canadian told the chair. "There is something called sportsmanship."
He and the burly Ram then exchanged harsh words after the loss.

"I don't mind losing if we get beat," said Nestor. "But not losing if some guy in the crowd is acting like a jackass. I remember him from Cincinnati last year making the same kind of noises and clapping between serves.

"I got in his face about it and got a warning (fifth game of the third set). I asked Ram about it in the locker-room and he claimed not to know anything -- said he was too focused on his game or something."

The final set scoreline marked the first 6-0 loss the Canadian had taken since he and former partner Mark Knowles were beaten by Bob and Mike Bryan in the New York semi-finals six years ago.

delpiero7
09-09-2009, 11:29 AM
The final set scoreline marked the first 6-0 loss the Canadian had taken since he and former partner Mark Knowles were beaten by Bob and Mike Bryan in the New York semi-finals six years ago.

Wow, 6 years since he was last bagelled. That's pretty damn impressive.

He's still a whiny little bitch though. :p

Miss Molly
09-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I was hoping a hockey fight would break out! The ump should have been more firm, she rarely asked the crowd to be quiet and Ram's friends were being jerks. But this one is on Zimonjic's play more than anything, his game fell apart and Mirnyi picked his game up significantly.

Hopefully Ram gets his ass handed to him next game and I'm sure the ump won't let things get out of hand in the next match.

Harmless
09-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Not the prettiest win :unsure:, but yay Maxi! :bigclap:

I hope they win the title. :)

Lee
09-09-2009, 02:29 PM
NEW YORK -- Canada's Daniel Nestor is out of the U.S. Open after an ill-tempered quarter-final loss in men's doubles action Tuesday.

The Toronto native and his Serbian partner Nenad Zimonjic suffered a 6-7 (4-7), 6-4, 6-0 loss to Max Mirnyi of Belarus and Andy Ram of Israel.

Nestor was furious with chair umpire Lynn Welch for not controlling what appeared to be a rowdy bunch who stood out in the sparely populated Grandstand stadium. They yelled and distracted in support of Mirnyi and Ram, which bothered Nestor and Zimonjic enough to complain.

"Your job is to say something, this is not Davis Cup," the 27-year-old Canadian told the chair. "There is something called sportsmanship."
He and the burly Ram then exchanged harsh words after the loss.

"I don't mind losing if we get beat," said Nestor. "But not losing if some guy in the crowd is acting like a jackass. I remember him from Cincinnati last year making the same kind of noises and clapping between serves.

"I got in his face about it and got a warning (fifth game of the third set). I asked Ram about it in the locker-room and he claimed not to know anything -- said he was too focused on his game or something."

Nestor is not 27-years-old. :p

It's very unsportsmanship but Nenad should be able to handle the harassment and focus on his job.

xargon
09-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Hopefully Ram gets his ass handed to him next game

xargon
09-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Mirnyi and Ram lost BIG time today. Bhupathi dishing out the Nestor and Z KARMA on Andy Ram.

born_on_clay
09-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Oh, yeah :D

GlennMirnyi
09-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Mirnyi is a really fair player.

xargon
09-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Mirnyi is a fair player

Mirny tried to stop Ram from starting a fight but Ram isn't fair and not on that day. NZ are not going to forget Ram on this.

kaustav4
09-11-2009, 04:39 AM
heee heeeeeeee Nestor-Zimonjic lost and now no use of complaining....very good game by Mirny and Ram... Well played guys...hope they continue to play the rest of the season...really a solid service team...:worship::worship::worship:

xargon
09-11-2009, 03:58 PM
hope they continue to play the rest of the season

They won't. Karma

kaustav4
09-11-2009, 04:28 PM
I think Max Mirnyi is still solid doubles player and if ram joins hands with compatriot Erlich in 2010 there are very few good doubles player left..so likely max will suffer... I still donno about why word "KARMA" comes about Ram-Mirnyi......They played well and beat the Nestor-Zimonjic team and they are capable of doing it.....for me its as simple as that...

Or Levy
09-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I think it is probably true that Andy doesn't know them - they are probably Israelis coming to cheer, who would root for every country man, and Andy Ram is very popular in Israel for his spunk.

jrm
09-12-2009, 04:41 PM
So happy for Maxie :yeah:

xargon
09-12-2009, 06:49 PM
In his box the guy with the yellow had on a badge and only Ram signed autographs, Mirnyi already pushed Ram away and left.

http://www.demotix.com/news/andy-ram-and-max-mirnyi-defeat-daniel-nestor-and-nenad-zimonjic

batavlada
09-12-2009, 09:52 PM
heee heeeeeeee Nestor-Zimonjic lost and now no use of complaining....very good game by Mirny and Ram... Well played guys...hope they continue to play the rest of the season...really a solid service team...:worship::worship::worship:

LOL

I am familiar with that kind of ethic. No wonder from where it is come.

kaustav4
09-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Its coming from India dear...your man Nenad lost..sad for you but joy for us....accept the loss and try to appricate better teams like Mirnyi-Ram that particular day...

batavlada
09-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Its coming from India dear...your man Nenad lost..sad for you but joy for us....accept the loss and try to appricate better teams like Mirnyi-Ram that particular day...

Yes, I know very well. I had employees from there. Take money and run scheme. Btw, I watched that match. Ram - Scam.

kaustav4
09-20-2009, 04:05 AM
really????? Indian employees are on the top of software industry all over the world..from U.S to UK....may be u had bad experiance...but my friend tell me was Ram really did something unsporting? I think with Mirnyi he has a solid service team...why he needs to cheat? and how?