08-27-2009, 04:22 PM
let s gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

c'mon!!!

Andi-M
08-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Cmoon Andy!!!!!!!!!

Betty
08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
i read on gm that- Tsonga, Murray, Delpo and Nadal all in the same half.

change the title mike:sad:

TMJordan
08-27-2009, 05:15 PM
The draw isn't that bad. Del Potro is the big match in the QF.

Betty
08-27-2009, 05:16 PM
del ugly is hard...

why rafa is in his half?

a gift for fed:(

hey i want see the draw damn why uso website doesnt work for me:mad:

TMJordan
08-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Fed has the easiest draw in the history of anything. Fuck.

Betty
08-27-2009, 05:23 PM
:rolleyes::(

Andi-M
08-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Fed has the easiest draw in the history of anything. Fuck.

Sooo easy

Poor Murray :sad:

Andi-M
08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
OK our man has a sukky sukky draw but he can do it. He has to as world no 2 he has to deal with it.

TMJordan
08-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Honestly it looks pretty tough, but Andy does well against pretty much everyone in his way. The key will be winning his matches in 3 sets and saving energy for the man who has a bye untill the final.

Murraylicious
08-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Tough draw for Muzzah
but I think He can take title!
C'moooooooon Andy
Good Luck!

We all are next to you

scoobs
08-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah that's a stinker as far as draws go - he's going to have to be sharp from match 1 and keep it up right the way along.

it's do-able but to be a first time grand slam winner you often need a bit of luck. Based on the draw, Andy's not getting that luck, at least not right now.

Jess22
08-27-2009, 06:13 PM
The draw :eek: That del potro match is gonna be tough but he can still do it :D He's beat Del potro and Nadal before, he can do it again :devil:

Andi-M
08-27-2009, 06:25 PM
R1 Gulbis
R2 Capedeville
R3 Karlovic
R4 Wawrinka/Cilic
QF Del Potro
SF Nadal/Tsonga
F Fed/Roddick

He really should make it to QFs unless he is in ultra-crappy mode but DelPo is immense the hardest player in draw bar Fed imo, if he comes through that one he has chance.

amdany
08-27-2009, 06:34 PM
good luck Andy with that crappy draw...

Sapeod
08-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Murray is winning this!!! Come on Andy!!!!! :yeah:

scoobs
08-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Andy's R1 vs Gulbis is the second match of the night session on Tuesday, following Sharapova vs Pironkova

Late night for me then :o

Andi-M
08-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Gl Vs Ernests Andy. Night matches at US are awesome!! even if it means i get very litlle sleep lol :yeah:

scoobs
08-31-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah and Andy loves to play them - he said that the night match vs Wawrinka was one of his favourite memories of last year - certainly it was his best performance of the tournament.

pick241
09-01-2009, 12:12 AM
I only have Eurosport, so if the match is scheduled to be at around 2am, I cant watch it since Eurosport stop coverage at 00:30am. Do you think they would do a replay the following day?

scoobs
09-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Eurosport are doing extended highlights from noon I think.

Andy just getting underway against Gulbis.

Good news for his draw as both Wawrinka and Karlovic lost in R1 so the only seed left in his section is potentially Cilic in R4.

scoobs
09-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Murray through in a fairly tough 3 sets over Gulbis :rocker2:

scoobs
09-02-2009, 04:35 AM
As Andy would say:

"Decent."

Turquoise
09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Didn't mind waking up at 4:30 am to watch the match. Got a little vocal though when he gave up early breaks of serve in sets 1 & 2 quite complacently. But I agreed with his tactics against Gulbis, not giving him much pace to work with. Happy to see him through comfortably to 2nd round, but would like to see him minimise court time this week by consolidating any lead he creates. Good job, Andy!

scoobs
09-02-2009, 10:23 AM
True - I would hope his next opponent, Capdeville, won't prove quite so stubborn to shake off though.

I don't want to see any silly dropped sets in the first three matches at least.

Andi-M
09-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Congrats Murray. He looked so cute in that shirt :hearts:

Hope next round is straightforward. Will he play Thursday or Friday?

scoobs
09-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I think the commentary team overnight suggested Friday but with the wacky US Open scheduling you're never quite sure.

pick241
09-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Tough match but he managed to pull through well, although not comfortably, still he benefited from Gulbis' awful shot selections. I still dont think he can win it though.

Andi-M
09-03-2009, 12:49 AM
I think the commentary team overnight suggested Friday but with the wacky US Open scheduling you're never quite sure.

:lol:

Looks like he'll be on Friday. :D

scoobs
09-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Some footage of Andy in New York.

I love it - he's so fucking dry it's not true :lol:

http://www.andyinnyc.com/

Sallydaisy
09-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Andy made a 'surprise' guest appearance on Radio5live.
You can hear it here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0070hx6) approx 43mins into the recording.

His humour is excellent - very giggly in places especially when he's explaining about fluffy balls.
:)

He had a fair bit to say about 'consistency and getting to world no 1' with regards to the WTA - but I guess I'd best stop there or risk being chucked off this forum.
Ha!

scoobs
09-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Andy made a 'surprise' guest appearance on Radio5live.
You can hear it here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0070hx6) approx 43mins into the recording.

His humour is excellent - very giggly in places especially when he's explaining about fluffy balls.
:)

He had a fair bit to say about 'consistency and getting to world no 1' with regards to the WTA - but I guess I'd best stop there or risk being chucked off this forum.
Ha!
yeah it was a good convo on the rankings issue I thought.

http://www.andyinnyc.com/

has a second video up covering the Arthur Ashe Kids Day stuff with Will Ferrell.

Andi-M
09-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Andy looks seriously hott in that footage. And he's so witty and funny too. :hearts:

Andys match with capedeville was strange he is experimenting alot in these matches, its causes him to lose concentration at times like in 2nd but he played very well last 2 sets, impressive.

scoobs
09-04-2009, 11:49 PM
3 good sets, 1 poor one.

I'd rather he didn't have the poor one but I'll take the good ones, especially the last two.

He is experimenting a bit - with getting forward more, also with hitting bigger forehands.

scoobs
09-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Also check out http://www.radicalmessenger.head.com

Some fun stuff about Andy's racquet and getting him to fire off some messages.

Bobble
09-05-2009, 03:06 AM
Looks like it's Dent, should be easy seeing as Dent played his heart out tonight.

Betty
09-05-2009, 07:15 AM
well done:banana:

and now ...gooooooooooooooooo

Turquoise
09-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Nice run, Andy. :yeah: Keep going!

Andi-M
09-05-2009, 12:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8234811.stm

Andy :hearts:

Getta
09-05-2009, 05:35 PM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2009-09-04/200909041252107524531.html

Friday, September 4, 2009

A. MURRAY/P. Capdeville

6-2, 3-6, 6-0, 6-2

An interview with: Andy Murray

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Pleased to get through that, considering you weren't feeling your best?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I mean, I played three, you know, very good sets and one poor one. But you're allowed to play a bad set sometimes.
I came back well from it. You know, I don't know, just felt a little bit lethargic, a little bit low on energy. You know, I don't know why. But, you know, managed to pick it up at the end when I needed to.

Q. Was it the heat, as well? Did that get to you?

ANDY MURRAY: No. I mean, I played I mean, the conditions in Montréal and Cincinnati were a lot hotter than it was today, you know, so I didn't feel like the heat was too bad.
I don't think that was the problem.

Q. Had you prepared any differently in terms of what you ate or drank before?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I mean, it's just different. I mean, obviously, when you play the night matches, you know, even when it's a quick one, you're in bed at 2:00, you know. And then obviously having to change your routine a little bit, you know, playing earlier and having to eat at different times.
A lot of things you need to make sure you do properly. You know, even if you just get one of them wrong, it can have a bit of an effect. But, you know, I'll make sure that that doesn't happen.

Q. Is this perhaps the most fun Open for you? Because here in the States where you're not recognized as much, do you find you can enjoy New York City when you're not here?

ANDY MURRAY: I enjoy all of the slams for different reasons. You know, Wimbledon for me is nice away from the court, because at the end of the day you get to go back and sleep in your own bed and be at home. In some ways, that's very, very relaxing, compared to having to stay in hotels and whatnot.
I mean, I've always loved playing this tournament since I was young. I like the atmosphere here. I like New York as a city. You know, whether you get recognized or not to me doesn't make a huge difference on how much I enjoy a place or not.

Q. Do you get recognized here?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, yeah. Sometimes, yeah. I think, obviously, with the tennis being on, people are probably looking out for the tennis players a bit more.
We got a lot of Brits staying in our hotel, as well.

Q. Do you think you get enough respect for your success and how you play? Everybody talks about Roger's game, Rafa's game, Andy Roddick's game. Is that even an issue with you?

ANDY MURRAY: No, it's not really I guess not what I play for. I play for myself. It's not so much about what other people think. I don't know. I don't pay attention enough to know whether I do get respect or not.
I mean, by the amount of matches now that I'm playing on the center court, I think, you know I don't know if that makes a difference to the respect that I've got, but I very rarely play, you know, away from the big courts now.

Q. Considering the success you've had on hardcourts coming into the tournament, have you ever entered a Grand Slam feeling as good about your game? Talk about your state of mind, because you've had a tremendous summer season.

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, this is my best surface. I mean, physically I think most of the players well, for me anyway, you go into Australia probably feeling the best all around. Mentally fresh, you know, physically you're going to be in good shape because you've just had the off season. You can make sure you prepare properly.
You know, here I've obviously played a lot of matches, so I feel match tight. But it's a long year. Mentally I feel fresh just now, but it's a little bit different to the start of the year.
But, you know, physically you just feel more match tight. You don't feel as sore sort of after the matches as maybe you do at the start of the year. It's a tough one to answer.

Q. Is it true that perhaps here you can kind of let it all hang out in that you don't have to preserve your body for a long season ahead because it is the conclusion of the season?

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I mean, obviously this is the most, I guess, important tournament until the end of the year. But the tour finals are still a big tournament. You know, got Davis Cup coming up, as well.
So there are still tournaments there that are, you know, important after the US Open. But, yeah, there's a part of that. You want to make sure you don't sort of have any regrets because it's sort of a good three, four months before the next Grand Slam comes around. So make sure you give it your best.

Q. From a corporate endorsement point of view, is this the most important of Grand Slams for endorsement money?

ANDY MURRAY: I have absolutely no idea. I don't know. Sorry.

scoobs
09-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Andy gets the night match vs Taylor Dent on Sunday night.

Another late one for me :zzz:

Andi-M
09-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Dent could be dangerous :eek:, but he's probably knackered after last match

Hopefully Andy will win comfortably. Good luck Muzza :kiss:

scoobs
09-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Dent could be dangerous :eek:, but he's probably knackered after last match

Hopefully Andy will win comfortably. Good luck Muzza :kiss:
He could be - I hope Andy comes out taking this very seriously.

federersforehand
09-07-2009, 01:11 AM
Just dropping by hoping for a fed muzza final, either way then i will be happy :)

scoobs
09-07-2009, 04:50 AM
Andy through 63 62 62 - bit of a stroll really - Dent really not having much to offer up - looks like he used up most of his arsenal in taking down Navarro and Murray is a bad matchup for him even fresh.

4th round, Cilic, Tuesday.

TMJordan
09-07-2009, 04:56 AM
Lets go Andy. Lets go.

Andi-M
09-07-2009, 05:07 AM
Great stuff Muzza :kiss:

Turquoise
09-07-2009, 05:32 AM
Andy's returns of serve :worship: Was in cruise control, although he of course managed to break himself once in the first set after being a break up ;) It's going to get tougher, so good job asserting himself strongly in these initial rounds.

Betty
09-07-2009, 07:17 AM
:worship:

let s go boy...gooooooooooooo

Getta
09-07-2009, 01:59 PM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2009-09-06/200909061252212545609.html

Sunday, September 6, 2009

An interview: Andy Murray

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Taylor said that your return of serve made him feel as if I was serving under armed. When you're in that groove, what does it feel like?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, yeah, it's nice. I mean, something that I practice a lot. I think it's I view the returns being as important as the serves, so I practice it loads and have Miles serve at me from just behind the service line. So I'm used to returning hard serves.
You know, obviously returned well today, and always liked it when guys come forward against me and serve and volley.

Q. So Miles comes in a couple yards within, so to speak, similar to...

ANDY MURRAY: Yes, I mean, he stands pretty much a meter like halfway between the service line and the baseline. I mean, he does that that's before every match, not just guys that serve big. He always serves from there so that it's more realistic.

Q. What's the key to returning serves at that speed? Is it reading where he's gonna hit it or your reactions?

ANDY MURRAY: Well, I mean, a lot of it depends. Against someone like him, he's not like Gulbis is taller and his serve comes up a lot higher and he's not serving and volleying.
You really want to get the ball back in play against him, because even if you if you hit a really clean return against a guy that's not serving and volleying, you know, they can dictate the point because you're out of position.
You know, against someone like Taylor, he has a low ball toss. His serve comes through a lot lower. You need to make sure you hit a good return, because he's coming into the net. You can't leave the ball high and you can't block the returns.
That's really the most important thing: return differently against every player. I don't think you can return the same way against everybody.

Q. Is it fun to play against someone like Taylor? Because he's so different from a lot of guys out there coming to the net so often.

ANDY MURRAY: I wouldn't say it's fun. I mean, I've always it's just different. You know, you need to make sure you adapt your game properly. You know, that can sometimes take a little bit longer, because it never really happens where you got a guy that comes forward as much as him and slices a lot. He obviously has a big serve, too.
So you need to make sure you're ready from the start. Obviously serve started well. Broke him early, and unfortunately pretty much got broken right back. It's been happening a lot today I saw in some of the matches. Managed to stay strong and closed it out well.

Q. Getting your own business done was the most important thing, but were you aware of Rafa's problems? Does it become a talking point when he's down on the floor getting treatment?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I knew he had that problem since Montreal or whenever he did it. You know, he's had the tape on his abs. Being in the locker room, we obviously can see that.
You never now how bad it is. To me, after he had the treatment, from what I saw, didn't look like ti affected him that much. Maybe lost one more game after that.
You never know, because things can get better in a couple of days, or sometimes they get worse. You just have to focus on your own matches not what's going on in the other players.

Q. How would you assess yourself going into the semis?

ANDY MURRAY: I played three pretty different players. First one was a big sever who stayed at the back. Second one didn't hit the ball that big, but really had nothing to lose. Taylor obviously is a serve and volleyer.
I thought I dealt with the different tests that were sort of put in front of me pretty well. Try and play like that for the next few matches.

Q. And Cilic? Thoughts?

ANDY MURRAY: He's tough. He's top 20. Got a big serve. Moves pretty well for a big guy.
Again, I mean, it's kind of similar to Gulbis, just a lot more solid. I'll have to make sure I return well against him because he's got a good serve, and be solid from the back of the court.
I'm not gonna get as many free points on my own serve because he returns a bit better than Taylor. It's gonna be a tough match.

scoobs
09-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Murray's R4 match against Cilic is schedled tomorrow day match, following Clijsters-Li

Andi-M
09-07-2009, 09:33 PM
My friend has invited me for dinner 8 o'clock tomorrow :eek: I cant say no cos of a tennis match but I reallly want to, its so bad lol.

I'll hopefully catch some of match, but best of luck Andy :kiss:

scoobs
09-07-2009, 11:09 PM
My friend has invited me for dinner 8 o'clock tomorrow :eek: I cant say no cos of a tennis match but I reallly want to, its so bad lol.

I'll hopefully catch some of match, but best of luck Andy :kiss:
I certainly would say no but that's me - I'd schedule it for another week.

In fact I scheduled my holiday away next week for the fairly uneventful Davis Cup week.

I'm fairly sad :lol:

Andi-M
09-08-2009, 01:30 PM
:lol: No its not sad I always schedule things around Murray's matches.This one Is a birthday so i cant quite get out of it!!

Where are you off to on holiday?

scoobs
09-08-2009, 01:54 PM
:lol: No its not sad I always schedule things around Murray's matches.This one Is a birthday so i cant quite get out of it!!

Where are you off to on holiday?
My parents live in Spain so I'm just going to spend a week with them.

amdany
09-08-2009, 08:12 PM
he's a set and a break down, it's not looking good so far :unsure:

Andi-M
09-08-2009, 08:58 PM
What the f*k is going on...cmon Andy!!!!!!

Andi-M
09-08-2009, 08:59 PM
please Andy sort it out

amdany
09-08-2009, 09:28 PM
:sobbing:

Jess22
09-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Awful :o :sad:

scoobs
09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Well that didn't go according to plan did it.

Andy with an awful lot to think about.

Turquoise
09-09-2009, 05:21 AM
I feel like I've been hit over by a truck. I was saddened to see him mired in negativity. He couldn't find the reset button going into the 2nd and 3rd sets. :sad:

Back to the drawing board for him. His performances at all 4 slams this year are telling, and he can only learn from these experiences and get stronger in 2010. Try pushing himself out of his comfort zone, devise bolder strategies, more offensive approach - as other top 20-30 players are figuring out how to exploit his weaknesses.

About time the ridiculously high expectations are lowered, going into Australian Open 2010. Motivation is derived from adversity.

In the meanwhile, just weather the storm - the vultures are swooping - and keep that solid head on your shoulders, Andy. You're still the real deal to me, things will fall in place - it's just a matter of time.

Betty
09-09-2009, 07:46 AM
:sad: why...why:sad:

i didnt see the match...but unreal lsoe with cilic..

decrepitude
09-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Not himself at all. It wasn't just that he was playing too passively, as we often complain: normally his passive play includes top-class retrieving, and that just wasn't happening. He seemed slow, and did say after the match he felt lethargic again, as in the second set against Capdeville. He is known for low unforced errors, but not last night.

It's happening too often in slams - I thought they had begun to sort it out, but it's back to the drawing-board again. I still have faith in him, but I'm not sure how he can deal with the big hitters - he just isn't as naturally strong as them despite his sterling efforts at getting fit and strong.

Andi-M
09-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Not himself at all. It wasn't just that he was playing too passively, as we often complain: normally his passive play includes top-class retrieving, and that just wasn't happening. He seemed slow, and did say after the match he felt lethargic again, as in the second set against Capdeville. He is known for low unforced errors, but not last night.

It's happening too often in slams - I thought they had begun to sort it out, but it's back to the drawing-board again. I still have faith in him, but I'm not sure how he can deal with the big hitters - he just isn't as naturally strong as them despite his sterling efforts at getting fit and strong.

I think his team are doing smething wrong in they are making/letting him overtrain, he probably has a virus again. Virus's always occur when you are run-down the lack of energy he keeps talking about lack of fight and wrist injury, suggest that he is just not resting his body enough imo, saying that main problem yesterday was his brain....

Andy knows he is an excellent player, but the burden put on him by himself mostly and the media that he somehow has a divine right to win a slam and that he should of done so already is starting to make him sick with nerves and underperform in the slams.

I think he should reasses his game over the winter no massive changes are needed if he can play like he did during indoor hard season last year, and first couple of tournaments this year he would probably have a slam already, it just his game has regressed slightly since then. Just like it did in early 08.

He then needs to reasses his goals for GS, I think aiming for the semifinals rather thn the win. Going for the semifinals, if he reaches that target I like his chances of winning far better because as the underdog he can beat Fed and Nadal, like he did repeatedly at the end of last year/early this year. Going for the win there is too much pressure from the start ansd ends in failure re: slams in 09.

I actually think his best chances for 1st slam are Wimbledon because even though the pressure is immense on grass he is top 4 whether he plays well or not. on hard he is top 3 when he plays well but when he plays badly there are maybe 10 guys who can beat him, thats far too many. AO is possible esp if he gets it right in the off season and works on his game but one of those guys may be in his 3R or 4R and one is certain to be in his QF so thee is just no escaping from the fact that he needs new stratedy against big hitters, not sure if a new coach is required or not, but if the same thing happens in AO then maybe he should consider adding someone else to his team.

Corey Feldman
09-10-2009, 04:30 PM
terrible match, terrible attitude and i seen no need for him to be so unsporting in his interviews and give no credit to Cilic .. only talking about how bad he was

tbh he needs a long break and start going to work for 2010 a.s.a.p