2 Question about surfaces [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2 Question about surfaces

Lebeuf
08-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Does Montreal ( Rogers Cup ) have the same surface as New York ?

Do you think the surface of the free city court ( in Montreal ) I play on is the same surface?

scarecrows
08-26-2009, 01:54 PM
I think US Open surface is more similar to Cincy rather than Montreal

alexiltchev
08-26-2009, 01:56 PM
I think so too. Although Federer has won Monteal/Toronto in the past, it seems to play slower than Cinci and so does not suit his game as much.

They say the new Aussie Open surface is slower than before, hence why Fed hasn't been as successful over the past 2 years.

Lebeuf
08-26-2009, 01:56 PM
whats the difference?

Har-Tru
08-26-2009, 02:04 PM
I e-mailed DecoTurf asking them this same question. Their answer was piss poor so I sent them another e-mail, still waiting for the reply. Here's what they told me:

Thank you for your inquiry to DecoTurf. All of the tournaments you have listed are played on DecoTurf.
While all the surface compositions may not be the same, each tournament has selected DecoTurf.

I think so too. Although Federer has won Monteal/Toronto in the past, it seems to play slower than Cinci and so does not suit his game as much.

They say the new Aussie Open surface is slower than before, hence why Fed hasn't been as successful over the past 2 years.

On the contrary.

samanosuke
08-26-2009, 02:11 PM

I'v also think that Canadian masters is slower then American HC . But on AO I'v think that rebound ace was slower then last two years surface