Will Nadal beat Federer again this year??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Nadal beat Federer again this year???

jcempire
08-26-2009, 04:40 AM
If yes. When? USOPEN or later this year

The question in USO is...... Can Nadal meet Fed?????? If yes, then what happen

TMJordan
08-26-2009, 04:41 AM
If they play...Nadal will win.

MalwareDie
08-26-2009, 04:54 AM
No, because they will not meet each other again this year.

leng jai
08-26-2009, 04:57 AM
Yeah, in a clay Challenger.

delpiero7
08-26-2009, 05:04 AM
Yeah, in a clay Challenger.

Challenger? I've heard rumours that Nadal and Federer are going to be on the entry list for the Uganda F1 futures next month. :confused:

KostyaTszyu
08-26-2009, 05:13 AM
Not sure, but if he does, not until after the open.

bishi
08-26-2009, 05:50 AM
I wont speak for this year, but I will for the USO. Nadal is vulnerable now in a lot of people's eyes including feds. I think that is enough to keep Fed's mind straight. Granted it is a bad matchup and blah blah blah for him but it should be enough. Nadal does have the heart of a champion, but he needs the body and mind of a champion to overthrow fed at the USO should they meet. I hope they do, but I dont think Nadal will make it past R4.

vamosinator
08-26-2009, 06:21 AM
*praying for federer v nadal semi, so federer loses big ranking points, though i think federer tends to go 5 sets before semis in slams of late so suspect federer might not make it*

bokehlicious
08-26-2009, 07:28 AM
As usual, Nadal won't make it far enough to meet Fed and get his arse handed to him... Next time they'll meet will be on clay, same old same old...

vamosinator
08-26-2009, 08:21 AM
....same old same old Australian Open same deal here at US....

CmonAussie
08-26-2009, 08:31 AM
if they meet in a SF then i`ll pick FED..
if they meet in a Final then i`ll pick RAFA..

Haelfix
08-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Possibly at the year end masters or something like that after some more recovery. I don't like his chances on fast hards against Fed, even with Fed aging and even if Nadal was in peak condition. Right now, it seems remote though with his knee situation.

On slow hards, in peak form, its a great match and could go either way.

tea
08-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Of course he will, it's his favourite part of season right now, he's just unstoppable on those fast courts.:worship:

madmax
08-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Most of Nadull's wins against GOAT are on clay...what does that tells us - that he generally owns Fed on red mud, but if we will look at their H2H on other surfaces, it's actually 5-4 in favour of Roger, it is clay, which is skewing the whole picture.

vamosinator
08-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Nadal only became a high quality hardcourt player last year, so of course Federer hasn't lost to Nadal on hardcourts as much, but now Nadal is making hardcourt slam finals and semi-finals regularly, and it is 1-0 Nadal leads Federer in hardcourt slams. 6-2 overall Nadal leads Federer in slams with the 2 losses coming on grasscourt which Nadal was obviously still learning in 2006 and then in 2007 was playing a better match than Federer until the quad-injury. Nadal won the Gold Medal over Djokovic in the semi and Gonzo in the final on a hardcourt faster than Cincy/NY. So that is nonsense about Nadal not being able to win on fast hardcourts.

lessthanjake
08-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Given that the rest of the season is played on very bad surfaces (fast/indoor hard courts) for Nadal, it is quite possible that they will not meet again. I suppose if Nadal remains #3, their chances of meeting increase because they'd possibly only have to make the semis of a tournament to meet each other. Also, there is, of course, always a good chance they will meet at the TMC because of the round robin.

In any case, I think if they meet, Federer will win. So no, I don't think Nadal will beat Federer again this year.

lessthanjake
08-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Nadal only became a high quality hardcourt player last year, so of course Federer hasn't lost to Nadal on hardcourts as much, but now Nadal is making hardcourt slam finals and semi-finals regularly, and it is 1-0 Nadal leads Federer in hardcourt slams. 6-2 overall Nadal leads Federer in slams with the 2 losses coming on grasscourt which Nadal was obviously still learning in 2006 and then in 2007 was playing a better match than Federer until the quad-injury. Nadal won the Gold Medal over Djokovic in the semi and Gonzo in the final on a hardcourt faster than Cincy/NY. So that is nonsense about Nadal not being able to win on fast hardcourts.

Nadal has only played Federer twice on a fast hard court, both times at the Masters Championship. Federer won in easy straight sets both times (Nadal didn't even make it to a tiebreak in any of the sets). You will probably say that Nadal had a broken down body by the end of the year both years and he wasn't good on hard courts yet in 2006 and 2007 anyways. But the fact is that Federer EASILY won both their meetings on fast hard courts, and Federer clearly has a better fast hard court resume than Nadal, so that is why people do not think Nadal would beat him on that type of surface.

ShotmaKer
08-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Challenger? I've heard rumours that Nadal and Federer are going to be on the entry list for the Uganda F1 futures next month. :confused:

now THAT would be cool seeing the top players playing in Africa :)

*praying for federer v nadal semi, so federer loses big ranking points, though i think federer tends to go 5 sets before semis in slams of late so suspect federer might not make it*

not likely

HattonWBA
08-26-2009, 10:19 AM
I dont see him beating Roger this year, i would like to see it but on the hard courts i just cant really see it at current, although you never know with Rafa, he will most likely win their next meeting next year.

Certinfy
08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah at WTF's.

vamosinator
08-26-2009, 10:47 AM
This thread will be really fun to bump after Nadal defeats Federer at the US Open, it will become one of those threads that never go away unless the moderator locks it.

lazybear
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
We're talking about a nemezis, so, yeah, it could happen. He can pick apart Roger's game like nobody else. If Roger's serve is not clicking, he doesn't even have to be in top shape. At the US. Open though... I don't think (hope) so. That's Rafa's weakest Grand Slam, yeah he made the semis last year, but he's nowhere near in the shape, phisically, mentally, game wise... And let's be honest, he had a cake draw. No, actually it was the mother of all cake draws.

I still have this dream... Roger's playing well, and beats Rafa in 3 sets in a hard court slam. If it's ever gonna come true, it will be here. I always felt that Roger is a better hard court player, than grass court player, and he always played his best at the USO. As i said, Nadal is coming back from an injury, and Roger looked like he's on the top of his game at this weekend. One could say it doesn't matter against Nadal, and there is a chance it's really not but a man can dream right?

Smasher
08-26-2009, 11:03 AM
This thread will be really fun to bump after Nadal defeats Federer at the US Open, it will become one of those threads that never go away unless the moderator locks it.

The amount of idiotic threads that could be bumped because of your brainless posts is endless though

Ivanatis
08-26-2009, 11:04 AM
dunno, maybe in London

vamosinator
08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
The amount of idiotic threads that could be bumped because of your brainless posts is endless though

You'd be bumping them now if there was :rolleyes:

tea
08-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Nadal only became a high quality hardcourt player last year, so of course Federer hasn't lost to Nadal on hardcourts as much, but now Nadal is making hardcourt slam finals and semi-finals regularly
The total amount of 2 times in a row. What a streak.:worship:
, and it is 1-0 Nadal leads Federer in hardcourt slams. 6-2 overall Nadal leads Federer in slams with the 2 losses coming on grasscourt which Nadal was obviously still learning in 2006 and then in 2007 was playing a better match than Federer until the quad-injury. Nadal won the Gold Medal over Djokovic in the semi and Gonzo in the final on a hardcourt faster than Cincy/NY. So that is nonsense about Nadal not being able to win on fast hardcourts.
I'd say it better: Nadal is 100% effective in those hard court finals.:worship: Countless finals.:D

Seriously, mate, circus is missing you.:D

08-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Nadal might have got lucky on good ol plexi-clay, but on dark blue hardcourt - no chance.

Stop going on about the olympics, I think 80% of ATP players would rather win the TMC than the olympics. No single player tries to peak for it.

They were playing with chinese ping pong table tennis balls anyhow. Smog court wins don't count. All the players were choking (literally). Rafas beast like lungs allowed him to beat everyone.

And poor wilting Rafael Dafidol thought the French crowd had "no good gesture" with him, wait till Fed raises the roof in Arthur Ashe and gets on a roll. Rafa dumped out in straights = only answer.

Won't matter anyway, Soderking will beat Nadal in round 3 anyway. If not fat dave will take him out for sure.

vamosinator
08-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Like I said, can't wait to bump this thread next month :D

Certinfy
08-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Like I said, can't wait to bump this thread next month :D:D To bad Murray will beat Rafa in the USO Final tho ;)

kinski76
08-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Like I said, can't wait to bump this thread next month :D

Are you by any chance related to the poster on TW who predicted Rafa would win 47 Grand Slams in his career?

Elena.
08-26-2009, 12:00 PM
For this year I lean towards a no ,but we will see..

08-26-2009, 12:09 PM
And i'm gonna have more fun bumping this thread when Nadal gets dropped by burgerbandian in round of 16 matches.

And again when tuncle uoni pulls out another from the 101 excuses book title 1 volume A, about how Rafa was tired on injured like in 2007, except the magic quad seemed to be okay enough to allow a 6-2 fourth set from Nadal lol..some magic quad he got there..

Rafa#Uno:-)
08-26-2009, 02:20 PM
right now rafa seems to have problems but the match against Berdych showed a little bit of the old rafa.
But it should be a big miracle if he gets us open title.....

jcempire
08-26-2009, 02:56 PM
right now rafa seems to have problems but the match against Berdych showed a little bit of the old rafa.
But it should be a big miracle if he gets us open title.....

Berdych is clearly in downtrend of his career. Nadal is not 100% for sure.

Commander Data
08-26-2009, 04:02 PM

I don't see Nadal beating Fed again this year.

I fear Nadal won't even last long enough to meet Fed. It is the same old, in fast HC he usually doesn't make it far enough to even play Fed, if he would, then the head to head would look more balanced. If both are on top of their game, Fed is the better HC player. Currently, Fed is on top of his game while Nadal is not. So, if they meet in US Open the outcome is more then clear. Fed will easily win, probably in straight sets. I can only pray Nadal lasts to the SF and draws Fed.

Goldenoldie
08-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Calendar year ending 31 December 2009 - No
This year meaning 12 months commencing today - probably yes.

rwn
08-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Nadal has only 1 win against Federer in the period after Roland Garros in his entire career. So, probably not.

Fiberlight1
08-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Nadal has only played Federer twice on a fast hard court, both times at the Masters Championship. Federer won in easy straight sets both times (Nadal didn't even make it to a tiebreak in any of the sets). You will probably say that Nadal had a broken down body by the end of the year both years and he wasn't good on hard courts yet in 2006 and 2007 anyways. But the fact is that Federer EASILY won both their meetings on fast hard courts, and Federer clearly has a better fast hard court resume than Nadal, so that is why people do not think Nadal would beat him on that type of surface.

He beat him at Dubai in 2006. A court which many commentators call the fastest court on the ATP tour.

iriraz
08-26-2009, 07:44 PM
The biggest shot for Nadal to beat Federer if he tries enough is at Paris Bercy.We know how that tourney works.Rarely does a top player perform well there before the TMC but if they meet there is Nadal`s biggest chance.
Us Open might be too early for Nadal considering he hasn`t beaten any top player since his comeback and will need a couple more tough matches to get to needed level

Fed Express
08-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Could happen. But let Rafa get back to normal first..

HKz
08-26-2009, 08:43 PM

I love how this kid always brings up the Olympics and how "fast" it is and how Nadal is so much better than Roger but somehow manages to have worse Slam records than Roger. If the Olympics were SOO difficult to achieve, how does he lose to Murray at the Open like a month later? Unless you are obviously suggesting it was a fluke. Regardless, Rafalafa has already compiled 10 losses in slams (should be 12 since he withdrew out of 2 GSs along the way) since his 2005 French Open win while Roger has only 10 since his first Wimbledon win 2 years prior. Nadal is such a tremendous overall player :worship:

And I didn't know using just the past 3 hardcourt Slams means being a regular in the latter states of an event with 2 semis and 1 final :rolleyes:

Good luck. Better delete all those "quotes" you have now and leave MTF before you look like an idiot, and probably should change your name.

vamosinator
08-26-2009, 11:41 PM
^^ Nadal lost to Murray last year US Open because he was outplayed, he had no chance of outplaying Murray with tendinitis (after the busiest year of his life), so he took a 3 month break and beat Federer at the Australian Open. Heading into the US Open last year Nadal had either matched or outperformed Federer in EVERY heardcourt event of 2008, that is what I mean by regular finals and semi-finals. Plus Nadal won the US Open Series Events of 2008, and he won the Australian Open, and Indian Wells 09 (defeated Murray 6-1 6-2). Nadal is the number one hardcourt player in the world, and the US Open 09 will finish off any believe that he is not.

Joao
08-27-2009, 12:23 AM
There's a reason why RAFAwon09usopen is on my ignore list ... it's so that I don't have to read his idiotic posts. So please, stop quoting him in your replies. Thanks!!

moon language
08-27-2009, 12:41 AM
I doubt Nadal would beat him again this year given the remaining surfaces. Especially since Federer is swinging freely and doesn't have the weight of breaking Sampras's record on his shoulders while Nadal has gone the opposite direction with a lot of uncertainty swirling around his tennis and home life.

habibko
08-27-2009, 01:35 AM
he has a chance of beating him this year, why not? however I highly doubt he will do that in the USO.

Seleshfan
08-27-2009, 01:39 AM
One thing I've learned as a Rafa-hater is never to count him out.

jcempire
08-27-2009, 03:06 AM
One thing I've learned as a Rafa-hater is never to count him out.

:wavey:
Agree@!!!!!!!:mad:

vamosinator
08-27-2009, 03:10 AM
All I know is, when Nadal defeats Federer at the US Open next month, there will be no excuses, you guys will have to admit that Nadal is a better tennis player than Federer.

bokehlicious
08-27-2009, 08:09 AM
All I know is, when Nadal defeats Federer at the US Open next month, there will be no excuses, you guys will have to admit that Nadal is a better tennis player than Federer.

Nadal wouldn't need to get the USO or beat Fed to prove that he's a superior player... H-H would still speak for itself and would remain an utter embarrassment for that so-called goat... :)

Bamos!

Fiberlight1
08-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Nadal wouldn't need to get the USO or beat Fed to prove that he's a superior player... H-H would still speak for itself and would remain an utter embarrassment for that so-called goat... :)

Bamos!

When you said bamos, all I could think of was Enrique Iglesias singing Baliamos, let the rhythm take you over baliamos.