USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USO Q1: Janowicz beats Stoppini 5-7 6-2 6-3

Nathaliia
08-26-2009, 05:05 AM
It was such a funny match, I swear. Janowicz is growing as a nasty character on court (he's nice off court though) - loads of swearing, throwing racquet a bit, he bitched to the umpire a few times, but the funniest moment was when someone from the Polish fans tried to help, "Try to attack him more, go forward!" he replied, "If you are so smart you come and play yourself" :D Polish fans were crazy, too. We have something like "second side answers" taken from the football matches. It means people on one side shout "second side" and the other "answers". So today they did it a few times on a tennis match :rolls: It was too cute.

Smoke944
08-26-2009, 05:07 AM
Good win for him. Very underrated prospect IMO.

Nathaliia
08-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Well, he's still the highest ranked 18 y.o. player :o Although that loss in Binghampton was SO BAD. But I've heard he's playing in the too big shoes cos they ordered shoes for his size and they came too big :lol:

neenah
08-26-2009, 05:31 AM
I was impressed by his playing. That serve :eek: First serve % was low though. But how does someone that thin hit serves so hard? :p

After the match I was wandering to another court and I saw him speaking Polish with a group of people. I struck up a conversation with someone who spoke Polish and English, & she helped me get an autograph. I don't know how much English he speaks. I felt bad when he tried to say something in Polish to me and the woman had to tell him I don't speak Polish. :awww: I said some congratulations in English anyway. If that woman happens, by some small chance, to be on MTF: thanks! That was only my 3rd tennis autograph. :)

Michael Bluth
08-26-2009, 05:43 AM
The great Polish hope marches on, good work.

muniu
08-26-2009, 09:58 AM
It was such a funny match, I swear. Janowicz is growing as a nasty character on court (he's nice off court though) - loads of swearing, throwing racquet a bit, he bitched to the umpire a few times, but the funniest moment was when someone from the Polish fans tried to help, "Try to attack him more, go forward!" he replied, "If you are so smart you come and play yourself" :D Polish fans were crazy, too. We have something like "second side answers" taken from the football matches. It means people on one side shout "second side" and the other "answers". So today they did it a few times on a tennis match :rolls: It was too cute.

like?
Kto wygra mecz?....................--- JERZYK!!!
Kto?.......................------------JERZYK!!!
KTO?..................--------JERZYK, JERZYK, JERZYK!!!
DO boju, do boju......... :lol:

Well-done Jurek :cool:

HattonWBA
08-26-2009, 11:12 AM
He is a very good prospect but like has been said very under rated in regards to guys like Dimitrov etc, although it is justified in Jerzeys size possibly hindering him, lets face it not many guys of his height can move like Potro, but still he is a very talented player for sure, keep it going.

orangehat
08-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Stoppo's slump continues :o.

Forza ... :sad:

Nathaliia
08-26-2009, 01:37 PM
I was impressed by his playing. That serve :eek: First serve % was low though. But how does someone that thin hit serves so hard? :p

After the match I was wandering to another court and I saw him speaking Polish with a group of people. I struck up a conversation with someone who spoke Polish and English, & she helped me get an autograph. I don't know how much English he speaks. I felt bad when he tried to say something in Polish to me and the woman had to tell him I don't speak Polish. :awww: I said some congratulations in English anyway. If that woman happens, by some small chance, to be on MTF: thanks! That was only my 3rd tennis autograph. :)
It was me, lmao. It was nice to see you ;). Jerzy likes giving autographs and taking pics together after won matches, he just thought you were Polish too and talked Polish to you :lol:

He speaks very good English, his coach is from Finland btw.

scarecrows
08-26-2009, 01:44 PM
woman? :lol:

dijus
08-26-2009, 02:31 PM
hope you are enjoying New York, Nathii

neenah
08-26-2009, 05:02 PM
It was me, lmao. It was nice to see you ;). Jerzy likes giving autographs and taking pics together after won matches, he just thought you were Polish too and talked Polish to you :lol:

He speaks very good English, his coach is from Finland btw.

:lol: Thanks so much! My mom & I were grateful for your little translations.

Oh, that's good, so he understood when I said "nice match, etc." :)

It was nice meeting you. :wavey:

JMG
08-26-2009, 05:42 PM

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/9788/missingteethlq6.gif

GlennMirnyi
08-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Good stuff.

marquez
08-26-2009, 07:29 PM
hope he can qualify here

Hellraiser
08-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Juras for the main draw!!111

Nathaliia
08-27-2009, 03:43 AM
I am still younger than you :spit:
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/9788/missingteethlq6.gif
I won't post a close-up pic of Kamke I took today just for you :banana:

GlennMirnyi
08-27-2009, 08:50 PM
And mr. Janowicz just won again - 7/6 6/3 over Sidorenko.

Smoke944
08-27-2009, 09:26 PM
:hatoff: Keep it up JJ.

CooCooCachoo
08-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Stoppini and Sidorenko are an easy draw, but still I am surprised Janowicz took them both out. Perhaps he is finally starting to fulfil his potential.

dijus
08-27-2009, 10:44 PM
make a MD, Janowicz

Nathaliia
08-28-2009, 05:01 AM
Won't be easy against Devvarman, probably a lot of Indian people in the stands tomorrow but the Poles so far are easily the loudest group of the tournament. People are coming to see what's happening that there's such a noise :lol: Today we scared out Tulasne and co :D

Then when Janowicz was giving plenty of autographs some people were asking, "Who is he? Is he famous?" :rolls: