Large-plasma screens outside for the US Open? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Large-plasma screens outside for the US Open?

DorianGray7
08-26-2009, 03:20 AM
I'm heading to NYC to visit several friends at NYU and Columbia and I was thinking of heading down to the Tennis Complex in Queens to watch the Men's semi-finals and Men's Finals on Friday and Sunday.

Unfortionately it seems there are no tickets left worth getting at any reasonable prices. (They are all in a corner, next to a view-blocking wall, behind a column etc)

I still want to enjoy the experience, and I remember there were large-plasma screens set up for the Wimbledon this past summer outside for people that were left out.

Will there be similar outside-picnic like viewing at the US open?

Thanks,
Dorian

docking34
08-26-2009, 04:46 AM
dorian, i do remember wimbledon's large screen and think the usopen had a similiar format. whatever it was, the atmosphere on these things is always eclectic and very very friendly & entertaining, especially when roddick or fed plays.

JimmyV
08-26-2009, 05:18 AM
Yes there are big screens right outside Arthur Ashe. The only problem is that there's really nothing to sit on besides the fountains, there's no hill like at Wimbledon.

FaceyFacem
08-26-2009, 01:27 PM
you can go to madison square park in manhattan to watch on a big screen instead... i've been there for the finals which is pretty fun, better than paying to get into the BJK National Tennis Center to watch the tv