New Haven R32: (WC) Rajeev Ram d. (5) Mardy Fish 6-3 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New Haven R32: (WC) Rajeev Ram d. (5) Mardy Fish 6-3 6-3

Grinder
08-26-2009, 03:12 AM
Another good win for Rampras to show Newport was no fluke. He also had a hard fought 7-5 1-6 7-6 (3) win over Lapentti yesterday.

Hit 10 aces with only 1 DF and didn't get broken the entire match.

He's got a very winnable match against Florent Serra next and then either Kunitsyn/Acasuso should he make it that far.

Arkulari
08-26-2009, 03:14 AM
I hope Pescado was tanking, otherwise is a terrible result for him :eek:

MrChopin
08-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Fish gets Ramed. Good.

Deboogle!.
He's been playing with what was apparently a cracked rib. Cannot understand why he played LA, DC, or here. Also can't understand how you can break a rib playing a tennis match (he apparently did it 45 min into the Davis Cup match against Cilic), but whatever.

Roddickominator
What a game this Rajeev Ram has.

straitup
08-26-2009, 03:40 AM
I never understood why Fish didn't take a whole lot of time off...he was injured late against Cilic, then at LA when he played Guccione he didn't look the same...I have to say his chances at doing well at the US Open might not be too good at the moment

jcempire
08-26-2009, 03:57 AM
Ram is very inconsistent

Arkulari
08-26-2009, 04:15 AM
I broke three ribs once, and it's very painful, you can barely move or breath and needs tons and tons of rest, because it takes time to heal :shrug:

dunno what Pescado is doing with that, though I think maybe it's more about a bruised rib than a broken one, because you need a lot of force to break one :shrug:

ClaudiuS
08-26-2009, 04:24 AM
Winning six games in an match on ATP tour level with a broken rip? No way!

It has to be bruised or something. :unsure:

Deboogle!.
08-26-2009, 04:33 AM
:shrug: that's what this says, that it was "Broken" and "Fractured"
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8991284&postcount=335

Arkulari
08-26-2009, 04:48 AM
how can you serve with a broken rib? :eek:
I mean, upper body movement means a LOT in this sport :unsure:

Deboogle!.
08-26-2009, 04:59 AM
He can't really, I didn't see his match today obviously but in LA against Guccione his serve was mostly a joke. then he lost in DC and was apparently not in good shape there either, then pulls out of both Masters events and plays here, and my guess is he shouldn't have :shrug:

jcempire
08-26-2009, 05:31 AM
He can't really, I didn't see his match today obviously but in LA against Guccione his serve was mostly a joke. then he lost in DC and was apparently not in good shape there either, then pulls out of both Masters events and plays here, and my guess is he shouldn't have :shrug:

you mean injury on him

Bargearse
08-26-2009, 06:01 AM
This Ram is alright. Fishy should really take a lot of time off, like indefinite.

Geo
08-26-2009, 07:05 AM
hopefully Ram can win his next match too :)

Machiavelli
08-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Fishboy, if he was not playing with the racquet in his left hand, then this loss is a tragedy...

Rajeev Ram, away from grass, he is totally useless, losing to Ivan Dodig just a couple of weeks ago, patehtic stuff...

Doomach777
08-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Fishboy, if he was not playing with the racquet in his left hand, then this loss is a tragedy...

Rajeev Ram, away from grass, he is totally useless, losing to Ivan Dodig just a couple of weeks ago, patehtic stuff...

shut up!
dodig is the next no. 1 player :D

Machiavelli
08-26-2009, 08:23 AM
shut up!
dodig is the next no. 1 player :D

so is Ljubo, getting humiliated by Dent who can't win a couple of games against Kunitsyn..

Dodig is a nobody, and Ljubo is finished, said to admitt this...

Doomach777
08-26-2009, 08:46 AM
lol i know i was just kidding ... OMG

who cares ? Fish is also humiliated by Ram, Chardy by Serra and so on...

I only care about US open... i dont give a f*** about anything else...... with good draw ljubo can make good run... also he can crash out in 1st rnd... so ? he had good carrer... and if he drops out of top 100 in next season, Im sure he wont asperse himself casue he is not that kind of man! he would rather retire :)
he is not stupid---

HattonWBA
08-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Nice to see Ram putting together back to back wins in a 250 main draw after his excellent week in Newport, because he has got a fairly effective game on fast courts, Fish's break from action due to his slight injury most likely contributed to this result, although Ram still did very well to beat a guy like fish that scoreline on these types of courts. Keep it going Ram.

Deboogle!.
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM
he's obviously not 100% yet:
============================
http://www.courant.com/sports/tennis/pilot-pen/hc-pennight0826.artaug26,0,4595871.story

NEW HAVEN - James Blake skipped the Pilot Pen, so his close friend saw an opportunity.

Mardy Fish, still recovering from a fractured rib that had sidelined him for the past three weeks, was hoping to use a stop in New Haven as a springboard into the U.S. Open. Instead, he's off to Flushing Meadows after one match at the Connecticut Tennis Center.

Fish, the fifth seed and the 26th-ranked player in the world, was upset by fellow American Rajeev Ram 6-3, 6-3 in a second-round match before 5,845 Tuesday night. Ram, No.117 in the world, won his first tour event with a victory at Newport in July, but this might be his signature victory.

"It's a great milestone," Ram said. "He's been a top American player, a top three or four for a long time. He's an experienced player, and he's done a lot of great things in the sport. To come out and put an hour and half of tennis like that together is really good."

Fish fractured a rib at the Davis Cup in July. He played in tournaments in Los Angeles and Washington, but he was forced to take the past three weeks off before returning to the court in New Haven.

As it turned out, he was rusty. Ram's power game — he had 10 aces — was too much for Fish.

"It was tough," Fish said. "After that performance, I'm just not sure I'm ready yet. It's tough, because I haven't been able to play."

Fish said he still feels pain in the rib, especially when serving.

He came to New Haven last Wednesday and practiced intensely, which led to arm and knee soreness.

Now, he's not sure what to expect at the U.S. Open.

"I'll certainly go to the U.S. Open and try," said Fish, a 2007 and '08 Pilot Pen finalist.

jcempire
08-26-2009, 03:54 PM
If Fish not 100%. why he played in New Haven????? it makes no sense. He got to have a new Coach. this bad schedule

osalsyst
08-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Good thing I didn't stay for the night session.