Who Wins the 2009 U.S. Open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who Wins the 2009 U.S. Open

Clay Death
08-25-2009, 02:13 AM
so who is going to snatch the hardware at the 2009 U.S Open? does Fed have his name on that trophy already or what?

what will it take to derail him there and who are the other likely candidates for the title?

i will fire off the first shot. i dont think they can stop Fed at the 2009 U.S. Open. He has pretty much restored the order at Cincy. owning no less that 8 slams on hard courts dont hurt matters either. he has got to be quite confident of his chances there at the moment.

discuss.

leng jai
08-25-2009, 02:15 AM
In words of Sapeod: Murray is a shoe in.

daddy
08-25-2009, 02:17 AM
Cilic!

LinkMage
08-25-2009, 02:19 AM
Andrew Mugray. If not, Rafatito Nadull.

Ichiban1920
08-25-2009, 02:25 AM
Anyone but Nadull.

Clay Death
08-25-2009, 02:43 AM
Andrew Mugray. If not, Rafatito Nadull.

oh no. here goes Linky again with his jinx shop.

folks his jinx shop is now open for business.

Clay Death
08-25-2009, 02:44 AM

i like murray and his drive to get better but he still does not have the goods. best of 5 sets match at a slam is a different type of animal.

coonster14
08-25-2009, 02:45 AM
id be putting money on roger federer.

then after him, my order of favourites goes like this: murray, del potro, roddick, djokovic, nadal.

i just want to see a nadal/federer clash at us open, thats it, but i have a feeling someone is going to crash the party on that one, like murray did last year...:(

MacTheKnife
08-25-2009, 02:54 AM
Federer... the rest of the pack is now in a scramble to figure out how to slow down this train.. :scratch:

Dini
08-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Fed is fav and is in the best form but I had picked Djokovic since the start of the season for some reason, so I'll stick with that. :p

TMJordan
08-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Andy Murray will win it.

habibko
08-25-2009, 02:57 AM
we shall know more when we look at the draw as far as the QFs and SFs are concerned, but the title seems Fed's to lose for me right now.

Clay Death
08-25-2009, 03:03 AM
Federer... the rest of the pack is now in a scramble to figure out how to slow down this train.. :scratch:

very well put and stated. rest of the pack does seem to be in a state of shambles at the moment.

d-pot has the power and the consistency but he cannot last for 4+ hours in the new york heat and humidity. now imagine if he has to play 2-3 long matches there.

Clay Death
08-25-2009, 03:04 AM
we shall know more when we look at the draw as far as the QFs and SFs are concerned, but the title seems Fed's to lose for me right now.

affirmative. i think he will run away with it.

sawan66278
08-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Federer is the favorite. HOWEVER, Andy Roddick and Rafa have more than a puncher's chance. In my mind, the outcome really depends on Rafa's form by the end of the first work. If he can get a few easy rounds under his belt early, I like his chances against anyone: including Federer.

Andy Murray? Mind not in sync with heart.
Novak Djokovic? Heart not in sync with mind.
Del Potro? Body not in sync with heart.

That leaves Federer, Roddick, and Rafa. I REALLY hope the crowd gets off the Federer bandwagon...and pulls for Andy or Rafa should they meet. Federer has his RG, his record, and his twins...time to spread the love to others.

TMJordan
08-25-2009, 03:06 AM
Roddick has less than zero chance.

ExcaliburII
08-25-2009, 03:09 AM
DelPotro, Federer, Nadal or Roddick.

In that order.

Ichiban1920
08-25-2009, 03:10 AM
Del mugro over federer? Priceless.

Mimi
08-25-2009, 03:13 AM
most likely roger is going to win, even when he was in less good form than now last year, he still managed to win, let alone he is in good form now, its unbelievable that he still could beat much younger opponents at this "older" age, murray and Nole could not beat him in Cinci for the best of 3, let alone the best of five in Us open

murray, nole, roddick, Del Potro have some chance, but they are most likely helpless against roger :help:

neme6
08-25-2009, 03:14 AM
Federer, losing 2 sets throughout the tournament!

GlennMirnyi
08-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Del Mugtro/Pony/Clowntro/Crybabytro has no chance.

Clay Death
08-25-2009, 03:20 AM
Roddick has less than zero chance.

affirmative. the Southern Ape will do one of his disappearing acts by the quarters. guaranteed by us, the true cognescenti of MTF.

by the way, is there such a word? who has his english cap on?

NYCtennisfan
08-25-2009, 03:22 AM
so who is going to snatch the hardware at the 2009 U.S Open? does Fed have his name on that trophy already or what?

what will it take to derail him there and who are the other likely candidates for the title?

i will fire off the first shot. i dont think they can stop Fed at the 2009 U.S. Open. He has pretty much restored the order at Cincy. owning no less that 8 slams on hard courts dont hurt matters either. he has got to be quite confident of his chances there at the moment.

discuss.

Wow. This is contrary to about 200 other threads you made about Federer being done, one-handed BH's being obsolete, Serbian Slayers owning all the hardcourts, etc. etc. What happened?

sawan66278
08-25-2009, 03:30 AM
I'm telling you: Roddick has a REAL shot. Why?

1. He is playing smarter and better than ever from the baseline.
2. He will playing with most crowd support he's ever had.
3. He will play most of his matches at night.
4. He is one of the fittest men on tour.
5. He could have (should have?) defeated Federer at Wimbledon this year.
6. Larry Stefanki is a genius.

bleu_cheese
08-25-2009, 03:33 AM
Del Pony will become Del Stallion and win it...maybe.

Clay Death
08-25-2009, 03:33 AM
Wow. This is contrary to about 200 other threads you made about Federer being done, one-handed BH's being obsolete, Serbian Slayers owning all the hardcourts, etc. etc. What happened?

he doesnt win with his single hander old sport.

clay monster who owns him in 5 of 7 slams on all surfaces has fucked up knees and the others cannot seem to take their game to the next level.

its Fed`s serve that is the difference. basically you cannot beat anybody unless you can break them. it doesnt matter if its his 1st serve or if its his 2nd serve, it produces weak replies and he can be on the offensive instantly on quicker hard courts.

he has little or no pressure when returning becaue he knows he has the biggest serve on the planet. in other words, he can afford to relax and even take some chances on their serves.

he is fit and he is moving well. others are not measuring up at the moment.

his serve sets up the rest of his game and he does a lot of damage with his forehand. it allows him to open up the court in a hurry.

djokovic is not the player he was in 2008 and murray doesnt quite have the goods to take fed in a best of 5 sets match on hard courts.

if you want to beat Fed, your name better be clay monster (nadal) or you must be able to do the following:

1. match him in the service department.
2. secure a better break point conversion than him.

clay monster has long ways to go so we can forget about him this year.

DJ Soup
08-25-2009, 03:43 AM
Federer
Delpo
Murray
Djokovic/Roddick

Arkulari
08-25-2009, 03:45 AM
Roger is the favorite, but I don't think Muzza, Nole, Rafa and Juan Martin should be counted out, I don't fancy Duck's odds, but hey, anything can happen ;)

rofe
08-25-2009, 03:52 AM
Fed will lose in the QF and Murray will get his 1st slam.

BigJohn
08-25-2009, 03:59 AM
I hope for Federer-Roddick 5 set final.

vamosinator
08-25-2009, 04:49 AM
Federer is the favorite. HOWEVER, Andy Roddick and Rafa have more than a puncher's chance. In my mind, the outcome really depends on Rafa's form by the end of the first work. If he can get a few easy rounds under his belt early, I like his chances against anyone: including Federer.

That leaves Federer, Roddick, and Rafa. I REALLY hope the crowd gets off the Federer bandwagon...and pulls for Andy or Rafa should they meet. Federer has his RG, his record, and his twins...time to spread the love to others.

You may mean the MTF crowd more than the 'real' crowd but I'll take this opportunity to point out that during last year's US Open Nadal had far greater total crowd attendance figures despite playing one less match than Federer.

Arkulari
08-25-2009, 05:03 AM
I hope for Federer-Roddick 5 set final.

Roddick is better on grass than hard slams nowadays, there are more contenders at HC than at grass, I won't count the guy out, but his odds aren't good ;)

BigJohn
08-25-2009, 05:15 AM
Roddick is better on grass than hard slams nowadays, there are more contenders at HC than at grass, I won't count the guy out, but his odds aren't good ;)

I know and I know, but it would be great.

mbenet
08-25-2009, 05:31 AM
if you want to beat Fed, your name better be clay monster (nadal) or you must be able to do the following:

doesn't everyone have a better break point conversion that fed?

Mechlan
08-25-2009, 05:53 AM
You may mean the MTF crowd more than the 'real' crowd but I'll take this opportunity to point out that during last year's US Open Nadal had far greater total crowd attendance figures despite playing one less match than Federer.

Stop spewing this bs unless you can back it up with sources. And no, "I heard someone say it" doesn't count.

As for this thread, Federer and Murray have the best shot. But it really depends on how the draw shakes out. Del Potro could do damage against Nadal and Murray. Roddick hopes he draws Djokovic. Roddick has to pray he doesn't draw Federer. Nadal has a shot against Federer if they meet in the semis. Djokovic and Murray are both capable of beating Nadal.

chowdahead25
08-25-2009, 06:00 AM
I will guarentee Murray will not win the USO. He wont even make the final.

Book it.

the graduate
08-25-2009, 06:03 AM
baby daddy Federer is winning his sixteenth slam especially for his girls....bring it home papi

vamosinator
08-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Stop spewing this bs unless you can back it up with sources. And no, "I heard someone say it" doesn't count.

As for this thread, Federer and Murray have the best shot. But it really depends on how the draw shakes out. Del Potro could do damage against Nadal and Murray. Roddick hopes he draws Djokovic. Roddick has to pray he doesn't draw Federer. Nadal has a shot against Federer if they meet in the semis. Djokovic and Murray are both capable of beating Nadal.

Whether you believe it or not, or whether I kept the article or not, it doesn't change that it is a fact :wavey:

Ichiban1920
08-25-2009, 06:11 AM
I'm telling you: Roddick has a REAL shot. Why?

He got blown off the court by Del Mugro twice in succession. He is as good a pusher as ever though, frustratingly enough.

BigJohn
08-25-2009, 06:14 AM
Whether you believe it or not, or whether I kept the article or not, it doesn't change that it is a fact :wavey:

So prove it. One thing about facts: if they cannot be proven, then facts they are not. Opinions or delusions, but not facts.

Mechlan
08-25-2009, 06:23 AM

Nice try. Believe it all you want, doesn't make it a fact unless there are numbers backing it up. Anyone with a lick of common sense knows how difficult it is to compare attendance numbers at an event like the USO. Anyone that's actually been to the USO knows that Federer and Nadal matches are always packed. That you still think you can pass this off as fact just makes me laugh. Keep it going. :yeah:

heya
08-25-2009, 06:24 AM
Roddick being an imbecile the last 5 years still can't convince you that he can't move & can't take the grass court seriously. Reaching finals doesn't mean you're very good compared to Nadal, Murray & Djokovic. After all, Federer can get gifts in Slams without doing much more than stretching his long arm out and slicing the ball.

heya
08-25-2009, 06:46 AM
2. He will playing with most crowd support he's ever had.
3. He will play most of his matches at night.
4. He is one of the fittest men on tour.
5. He could have (should have?) defeated Federer at Wimbledon this year.
6. Larry Stefanki is a genius. If only life was so easy for ARawd....

ROD makes everyone look genius. Even F. Gonzo makes Stefanki look fabulous.

:D Trophy Rodd shamelessly advertised his cheerleading for Federer.
That's why Andeee's 'pitiful, teary clown & serious tennis player' act deserves an Oscar award (I bet it could be given to him by his mom & 'wife'). LOOK at the melodramatic acting for the camera (after the Wimbledon semifinal)

chammer44
08-25-2009, 07:12 AM
FEd is just too strong.

I doubt if anyone can stop him.

Though I'd love to see him do it, Murray has far too many kinks in the armour to take on Fed at a slam.

Guy Haines
08-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Federer is going to win it. Yawn. Prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong. "Applause, please."

I'm rooting for Del Potro. It's way past time for someone to step up and change the story.

Rooting for Rafa too, but his heart doesn't seem in it. And I think there's more going on in his overall (non-tennis) life. In the Tennis Channel's USO preview, he makes reference to Ashe bring too big and windy. Not a winner's outlook.

If Murray wins it, good for him. Took him long enough.

Nadal_Fanatic
08-25-2009, 08:45 AM
I got to give the edge to Federer after what I saw in Cincinnati.

ShotmaKer
08-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Del-Po might have a good shot at reaching the final I guess. Fakervic reached it in 07, Murray in 08, and I think the next young gun should reach it this year. I'll give a fresh Del-Po the edge over murray, should they be in the same half of the draw. But then again, I don't think is gonna be abble to take it all. So overall, I think Fed is the wise call for this year.

miura
08-25-2009, 11:17 AM
My money is on Roger however I don't feel as confident as I have before. Difficult early round matchups could turn ugly.

zeleni
08-25-2009, 11:25 AM

Affirmative.:)

dweijnen
08-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Ferrer:worship:

Laba
08-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Fed. 'Nuff said.

Commander Data
08-25-2009, 12:18 PM
The obvious answer is Federer; he is in better form then last year, more confidence, less pressure. the others seem in weaker form. Plus Fed always delivers in Slams, so clear favorite Fed. he has won the last 5-times, doesn't hurt either.

Anyway, I see some arguments for a non-fed-winner:

-Nobody has ever won a slam 6-times straight.
-someday Fed has to lose before SF.
-Nadal, Murray, Djokovic, Del Pony all have the potential to hurt Fed. If Fed is slightly off and he runs into one of these guys on a good day, he is going to pack his bags. they have hurt Fed before, they can do it again. However, nadals fitness is not good enough this year, Murray and Djokovic are not at their best eat the moment. You guys may laugh but I see Del Pony as a dangerous oppenent.

Anyway, my prediction is that Fed will go to 4 sets a couple of times but nobody is gonna stop the Swiss Daddy in the end.

Bargearse
08-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Federer's recent form against Murray and Djokovic is reminiscent of his 2004-2006 form when he was on fire and virtually unstoppable on any surface but clay. Will Federer win the US Open? As I see it, yes.

vamosinator
08-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Federer beat Murray in straight sets of last year's Us Open Final, so of course he's surperior to Murray/Djokovic, he always has been (even at his worst). However, Federer's form at Roland Garros and Wimbledon was worse than in previous years, yet he won them both. Why? No Nadal. Nadal is back now, so say goodbye to the pretend King :D

mandeep
08-25-2009, 01:38 PM

You are an idiot.

Bargearse
08-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Federer beat Murray in straight sets of last year's Us Open Final, so of course he's surperior to Murray/Djokovic, he always has been (even at his worst). However, Federer's form at Roland Garros and Wimbledon was worse than in previous years, yet he won them both. Why? No Nadal. Nadal is back now, so say goodbye to the pretend King :D

No offense, but I really don't think Nadal is even going to make it to the final. There's always a chance I'll eat my words, but really... Nadal's effort at Cinci against Djoko was not his best and I don't think he's as much of a threat as some other hopefuls.

tea
08-25-2009, 01:47 PM

USO 2004-2008. No Nadal?:D

mandeep
08-25-2009, 01:50 PM

It is a fact that Nadal was at Roland Garros. Here is a link to the draw http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/draws/ms/index.html. Also, here is some visual evidence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN5AIwdABfI. I know this evidence doesn't have shred of credibility compared to "what you believe", so I don't know why I am even bothering.

Goldenoldie
08-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Anybody can have an off day at any time, even Federer, but he must be the overwhelming favourite.

Murray and Djokovic were spanked at Cincy.
Nadal is not back to his best.
Del Potro has everything to prove at slam level.
Roddick is inconsistent.

I know it's a long shot, but Davydenko could be a value bet.

Johnny Groove
08-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Current top 6 book odds:

Federer- 2.5
Murray- 4.5
Nadal- 8
JMDP- 14
Roddick- 17
Djokovic- 17

Commander Data
08-25-2009, 02:18 PM
It is a fact that Nadal was at Roland Garros. Here is a link to the draw http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/draws/ms/index.html. Also, here is some visual evidence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN5AIwdABfI. I know this evidence doesn't have shred of credibility compared to "what you believe", so I don't know why I am even bothering.

:lol:

The rafa will argue that the "real Nadal" was not there.

...I would answer to that that the "real Fed" was abscent in 2008

when the real Nadal plays the real Fed, Fed wins HC and Grass and Nadal wins clay. Everybody with sain mind knows this.

tennizen
08-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Murray or Nadal

Forehander
08-25-2009, 03:26 PM
I would like to see Federer vs Nadal in semi-final. Nadal is by far Federer's greatest fear. Everytime he is able to overcome this fear he god mode turns on and he rolls on to win the tournament.

Nadal_Fanatic
08-25-2009, 03:40 PM

when the real Nadal plays the real Fed, Fed wins HC and Grass and Nadal wins clay. Everybody with sain mind knows this.
LOL Nadal beat Fed on hardcourts in 2009. Nadal was the number 1 player until his injury.

mandeep
08-25-2009, 04:36 PM
LOL Nadal beat Fed on hardcourts in 2009. Nadal was the number 1 player until his injury.

Doesn't he hold the record for spending the most consecutive weeks at #2. He had a great 2008 and was the best player :)

Commander Data
08-25-2009, 04:46 PM

Following my logic, Fed of early 2009 was not the real Fed, so this does not count :p
he said it himself, he was affraid to move on the court because of his back at the time.

Nadal_Fanatic
08-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Following my logic, Fed of early 2009 was not the real Fed, so this does not count :p
he said it himself, he was affraid to move on the court because of his back at the time.
Oh yes Fed looked very hurt. Proof with his performances against Del Potro and Roddick. Nadal just knows how to take Fed's confidence away. High ball to the backhand and wait for a short ball or error.

habibko
08-25-2009, 08:49 PM

LOL he was back in Montreal and Cincy as well, and he didn't do anything to the King.

Nadal's biggest worries for USO are Djokovic and Del Pony right now, let alone a resurging Federer.

TMJordan
08-25-2009, 08:52 PM
LOL he was back in Montreal and Cincy as well, and he didn't do anything to the King.

Nadal's biggest worries for USO are Djokovic and Del Pony right now, let alone a resurging Federer.

Ummmm you know if Nadal and Federer play Fed has almost no chance. I hope they are on the same side of the draw.

But yeah, the chance of Nadal even reaching the SF is not that good.

Certinfy
08-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Del Potro or Murray.

Sapeod
08-25-2009, 08:54 PM
I do think he has a chance. It's either him or Federer. Roddick won't win it, neither will Del potro, Nadal or Djokovic. A final between Murray and Federer will be good entertainment :D

I'm going with Murray.

Sapeod
08-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Major BS. Nadal will be luck to get to the semis, let alone win ths title.

habibko
08-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Ummmm you know if Nadal and Federer play Fed has almost no chance. I hope they are on the same side of the draw.

But yeah, the chance of Nadal even reaching the SF is not that good.

yes sure, Fed had no chance in Madrid final this year, on clay no less, and Nadal wasn't off-form and lacking in confidence as much as he is right now, and Fed wasn't on the peak-confidence and non-pressure of his career as he is right now.

sure, no chance for Fed at all, he just needs to PRAY FOR DEATH.

:cuckoo:

TMJordan
08-25-2009, 09:11 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HEpNuRDLpyg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HEpNuRDLpyg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Certinfy
08-25-2009, 09:16 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HEpNuRDLpyg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HEpNuRDLpyg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>Somebody had to bring this up :worship: :worship: :worship:

Commander Data
08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HEpNuRDLpyg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HEpNuRDLpyg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So what? Fed himself said he found it embarassing :wavey: But you know what? Fed turned his bitter tears into gold, collecting RG and Wimbledon plus two master titles, getting back no.1 and beating Nadal, Murray and Nole in straight sets this summer.

habibko
08-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Nadal isn't the same player right now that he was in AO 2009 Jordan Pasha >_>

and Fed also isn't :D

Sunset of Age
08-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Somebody had to bring this up :worship: :worship: :worship:

Glad he did, I lost that vid! :D

;)

chenx15
08-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Heart, Mind, History, and Logic is Federer. But if there is one thing i learned as a federer fan is never count Nadal out

Clay Death
08-25-2009, 11:02 PM

first learn to spell and then worry about who has a "sain" mind. 2009 australian open final must have been played on quicksand.

barbadosan
08-25-2009, 11:44 PM
So what? Fed himself said he found it embarassing :wavey: But you know what? Fed turned his bitter tears into gold, collecting RG and Wimbledon plus two master titles, getting back no.1 and beating Nadal, Murray and Nole in straight sets this summer.

In fact, I'm sure Fed would happily cry even more at the AO if given the chance again, if he could be guaranteed that the rest of 2009 wouldd out as great as it has for him. In the end one has to ask, what are a few tears between friends and between No 13 and Nos. 14/15! lol

Clay Death
08-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Nadal isn't the same player right now that he was in AO 2009 Jordan Pasha >_>

and Fed also isn't :D

brilliant deduction general habibko. what was your first clue old sport?

let me guess. clay monster has totally fucked knees and Fed can finally steer clear of his ultimate nemesis.

i mean when the best player on the planet who owns you suddenly and finally falls victim to his own madness, it does help Fed`s cause, dont you think.

lets go ahead and refresh our memories again:

1. clear #1 with 4000 point lead before he had to exit the sport for over 2 months

2. 13-7 head-to-head

3. beat Fed in 5 of 7 slams on everything--clay, grass, and yes even the hard court slam. that is called a slam dunk case.

**even Fed himself is on record for saying that the last player he wants to see across the net is Nadal.

will some body please save me from this endless rain of tears from the federereeeeeeeesians?

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

:rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:

:umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella: :aparty::smoke::rolls:

BigJohn
08-26-2009, 02:41 AM
clay monster has totally fucked knees and Fed can finally steer clear of his ultimate nemesis.

Now why did that happen? Oh yeah, he was trying to catch Federer for so long as the #2 player in the world. A tennis version of Amorphophallus titanum.

i mean when the best player on the planet who owns you suddenly and finally falls victim to his own madness, it does help Fed`s cause, dont you think.

Well it happens when you play above your body's capability. All that to achieve what Federer as achieved many times (holding 3 slams) without breaking down. Oops, he did it again...

1. clear #1 with 4000 point lead before he had to exit the sport for over 2 months

He missed 2 freaking tournaments. Clear #1 for less than a year...

2. 13-7 head-to-head

Sure, we all know that. Just like we all know 15>6. 13-7 or whatever it will be when Nadal retires will be but a footnote.

3. beat Fed in 5 of 7 slams on everything--clay, grass, and yes even the hard court slam. that is called a slam dunk case.

**even Fed himself is on record for saying that the last player he wants to see across the net is Nadal.

:zzz:

2009 is a new act. Wake up.

will some body please save me from this endless rain of tears from the federereeeeeeeesians?

We have very little to cry about these days.

habibko
08-26-2009, 02:44 AM
brilliant deduction general habibko. what was your first clue old sport?

let me guess. clay monster has totally fucked knees and Fed can finally steer clear of his ultimate nemesis.

lets go ahead and refresh our memories again:

2. 13-7 head-to-head

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

:rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:

:umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella: :aparty::smoke::rolls:

are you suggesting that Nadal is the favorite against Fed in USO 2009 if they met?

LinkMage
08-26-2009, 02:50 AM
Where is the poll, CD?

Lebeuf
08-26-2009, 02:54 AM
Federer is gonna win this thing spectacularly.

MrChopin
08-26-2009, 03:03 AM
Fed is the favorite, but the talk of him winning is way too high right now. He won one TMS on hard, finally beating Djokovic and Murray. He looked good doing so, but this is not a given. If Nadal gets to full health and is drawn in Fed's half, that will be a serious problem. JMdP gave him serious trouble at RG.

I'm pretty much with the bookies here, and Fed is the favorite, but this "Spectacular play, without dropping a set..." talk is a bit much, no?

Clay Death
08-26-2009, 03:24 AM
are you suggesting that Nadal is the favorite against Fed in USO 2009 if they met?

ha ha ha. i knew you would find me here old sport.

i am suggesting nothing of the sort. clay monster is nothing but a buffoon of the highest order. he fell victim to his own madness.

i believe i have already stated this that,at the current rate, clay monster has no chance at the U.S Open. he will be lucky to make it to the 4th round. he needs one hell of a draw and he then needs to find a way to win his matches quickly, efficiently, and in straight sets if he hopes to go a little deeper.

he is quite realistic as well. for instance, he did say that he was going to montreal and cincy to "lose".

its just that the crazy federereeeeeeesians just dont pay attention.

is there somebody else up there in the high heavens who can save me from this senseless and near endless rain of tears from the crazy federereeeeeeeeeesians?

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::r ain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rai n::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:

NYCtennisfan
08-26-2009, 03:53 AM
he doesnt win with his single hander old sport.

clay monster who owns him in 5 of 7 slams on all surfaces has fucked up knees and the others cannot seem to take their game to the next level.

its Fed`s serve that is the difference. basically you cannot beat anybody unless you can break them. it doesnt matter if its his 1st serve or if its his 2nd serve, it produces weak replies and he can be on the offensive instantly on quicker hard courts.

he has little or no pressure when returning becaue he knows he has the biggest serve on the planet. in other words, he can afford to relax and even take some chances on their serves.

he is fit and he is moving well. others are not measuring up at the moment.

his serve sets up the rest of his game and he does a lot of damage with his forehand. it allows him to open up the court in a hurry.

djokovic is not the player he was in 2008 and murray doesnt quite have the goods to take fed in a best of 5 sets match on hard courts.

:lol: What happend to, "Federer's last stand", "Djokovic and Murray taking away the hard courts", "Federer needs a coach", "Federer's one-handed BH ________________"?

BTW, Federer isn't as big of a lock for the USO as people are making him out to be. He very well could find the serve, keep a steady BH, and be firing away with the FH, but something tells me it won't be so easy for him.

Chiseller
08-26-2009, 03:59 AM
but something tells me it won't be so easy for him.
Yeah, I think the other finalist will this time get at least one set.

Arkulari
08-26-2009, 04:00 AM
there's a reason why nobody in the Open Era has won 6 in a row of anything, it's TOO hard, so Roger is the favorite, but it doesn't mean he can't lose in there ;)

the last two years, he's won on straights and no one has taken him to 5 in the NY final, let's see if this year anyone is up for the task ;)

Clay Death
08-26-2009, 04:04 AM
there's a reason why nobody in the Open Era has won 6 in a row of anything, it's TOO hard, so Roger is the favorite, but it doesn't mean he can't lose in there ;)

the last two years, he's won on straights and no one has taken him to 5 in the NY final, let's see if this year anyone is up for the task ;)

but the others are falling flat on their faces precisely as he is lifting his fitness and his game. it makes it almost too easy.

xargon
08-26-2009, 04:24 AM
Murray is all talk and not much else. He is beefing it up, working out, doing all sorts of stuff, but is still not ready to cross the finish line.

Macbrother
08-26-2009, 04:29 AM
:lol: What happend to, "Federer's last stand", "Djokovic and Murray taking away the hard courts", "Federer needs a coach", "Federer's one-handed BH ________________"?

BTW, Federer isn't as big of a lock for the USO as people are making him out to be. He very well could find the serve, keep a steady BH, and be firing away with the FH, but something tells me it won't be so easy for him.

If the former two grand slams (and last year's U.S. Open) are any indication, you're dead on. :) If he can maintain Cincinnati form, however (clearly above his play during the year) lookout. Only Nadal, playing at the height of his powers, could trouble Federer with that type of game. It does seem pretty clear though that the set-in, set-out brilliance is a thing of the past. It'll be an interesting tournament, for sure, particularly if we get a dream Fed-Nadal / Joker-Muggay SF matchup.

Clay Death
08-26-2009, 04:34 AM
Murray is all talk and not much else. He is beefing it up, working out, doing all sorts of stuff, but is still not ready to cross the finish line.

he still has some time but he better get cracking as D-Pot is likely to surpass him in a year or 2. also i am still expecting some big things from Djokovic in the future.

mbenet
08-26-2009, 11:11 AM
also i am still expecting some big things from Djokovic in the future.

so is Djokovic's mother......;)

ShotmaKer
08-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Nadal wouldn't have to be anywhere near 'the height of his powers' to beat Federer. Did you see the Australian Open Final? Nadal looked awfully worn out after the Verdasco match (the longest singles match in AO history), wasn't moving sharp or hitting as consistently yet still won 6-2 in the fifth. Don't be brainwashed by Federer's wins this year, he played a lot better at RG and Wimbledon in previous years. Even his worst form can beat cupcakes like Soderling and Roddick.

blah blah blah blah, oh:scratch: yeah, blah blah blah

Halba
08-26-2009, 12:52 PM
W. Fed

he is in good form at the moment

Andi-M
08-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Its soo obviously Federer that may as well just hand him the trophy. Expect didnt people say the same about RG 09....

chenx15
08-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Nadal wouldn't have to be anywhere near 'the height of his powers' to beat Federer. Did you see the Australian Open Final? Nadal looked awfully worn out after the Verdasco match (the longest singles match in AO history), wasn't moving sharp or hitting as consistently yet still won 6-2 in the fifth. Don't be brainwashed by Federer's wins this year, he played a lot better at RG and Wimbledon in previous years. Even his worst form can beat cupcakes like Soderling and Roddick.

you were so good at playing it down i was so impressed. then again i should have know better all you need is one opportunity to post and you sir are a jackass again

Commander Data
08-26-2009, 02:04 PM
ha ha ha. i knew you would find me here old sport.

i am suggesting nothing of the sort. clay monster is nothing but a buffoon of the highest order. he fell victim to his own madness.

i believe i have already stated this that,at the current rate, clay monster has no chance at the U.S Open. he will be lucky to make it to the 4th round. he needs one hell of a draw and he then needs to find a way to win his matches quickly, efficiently, and in straight sets if he hopes to go a little deeper.

he is quite realistic as well. for instance, he did say that he was going to montreal and cincy to "lose".

its just that the crazy federereeeeeeesians just dont pay attention.

is there somebody else up there in the high heavens who can save me from this senseless and near endless rain of tears from the crazy federereeeeeeeeeesians?

::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::rain::rain::rain ::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:: rain::rain::rain::rain::rain:

Seriously, I think you lose it. The events of this year may have been to much for the Nadal worshipers. But you digged your own grave, praising Nadals insainly intense style and bashing Feds ballet tennis, while everybody with a sain mind saw the end coming years ago. now you whine and cry about how unfair the world. I predicted all this long ago, Fed will have a slump but he will bounce back while this crazy grinders will burn out like a mindnight cigarette. The point of the game is to win Slams, so far Fed is doing pretty well, I would say ;)

Burrow
08-26-2009, 02:18 PM
W. Fed

he is in good form at the moment

what?

xargon
08-26-2009, 09:12 PM
he still has some time but he better get cracking as D-Pot is likely to surpass him in a year or 2. also i am still expecting some big things from Djokovic in the future.

I am eager to see how Todd Martin will help Djokovic.

xargon
08-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Andy Murray will defeat Roger Federer at Flushing Meadows in the US Open

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-sport/2009/08/26/murray-will-flush-fed-115875-21624559/

tea
08-26-2009, 09:31 PM
William Hill increased Fed's chances to 5/4.:awww: Must be people are betting on the right player...

ShotmaKer
08-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Andy Murray will defeat Roger Federer at Flushing Meadows in the US Open

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-sport/2009/08/26/murray-will-flush-fed-115875-21624559/

Yeaah, right ? And meantime he will also beat Usain Bolt on the 100m sprint and pwn Michael Phelps on the 200m butterfly

Sapeod
08-26-2009, 10:08 PM
LOL @ you.

Fed Express
08-26-2009, 10:31 PM
The US Open is Federer to win or lose. Simple as that.

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-26-2009, 10:33 PM
what?

Lack of intellectual ability?

rocketassist
08-26-2009, 11:44 PM

This is very true. Bar Cincy SF/F, Fed has not played well for months since January when he killed Del Potro.

Clay Death
08-27-2009, 04:43 AM
Yeaah, right ? And meantime he will also beat Usain Bolt on the 100m sprint and pwn Michael Phelps on the 200m butterfly

i am very disappointed with both Murray and Djokovic. i think they can do a lot more with their game. they are just too timid and too passive at times among other things.

maybe D-Pot will be the one who steps up and shows something at the U.S Open,

Clay Death
08-27-2009, 04:47 AM
I am eager to see how Todd Martin will help Djokovic.

yeah that remains to be seen. one thing is certain: Djokovic needs to become more of an attacking player who is willing to take some risks.

he also has to find his serve and his return game that he had going at the 2008 australian open.

MrChopin
08-27-2009, 04:54 AM
This is very true. Bar Cincy SF/F, Fed has not played well for months since January when he killed Del Potro.

This is wrong for several reasons...

1) It's not true.

I'll stop there. See Madrid F, RG SF and F.

Topspin Forehand
08-27-2009, 05:30 AM
Nadal will win it. I'm calling it. Finally fresh and healthy to go.

Clay Death
08-27-2009, 05:53 AM

did you conveniently leave out the 2009 australian open final clown or is it a selective memory disorder of the highest order.

that match is being called one of the greatest matches ever. those who were there on the sidelines said that Fed had not attained such a high level of play in well over a year. i suggest you get your hands on that match and watch it again.

it was a battle royale for 5 long sets and it went on for well over 4 hours. it would take a monster achievement no matter who was to pull it off.

basically one of them was going to be worn down mentally and physicaly in the 5th after such a grueling battle.

2007 wimby final had a similar ending. clay monster finally felt the heat and was little worn down mentally and physically in the 5th.

Mechlan
08-27-2009, 06:19 AM
did you conveniently leave out the 2009 australian open final clown or is it a selective memory disorder of the highest order.

that match is being called one of the greatest matches ever. those who were there on the sidelines said that Fed had not attained such a high level of play in well over a year. i suggest you get your hands on that match and watch it again.

it was a battle royale for 5 long sets and it went on for well over 4 hours. it would take a monster achievement no matter who was to pull it off.

basically one of them was going to be worn down mentally and physicaly in the 5th after such a grueling battle.

Is this a joke? That was a shit match by both players. Fortunately for both of them, the other player was also playing well below their best so it didn't look too bad. It went 5 sets, about all that can be said about it. Federer played far better against Del Potro than he did against Nadal.

Clay Death
08-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Is this a joke? That was a shit match by both players. Fortunately for both of them, the other player was also playing well below their best so it didn't look too bad. It went 5 sets, about all that can be said about it. Federer played far better against Del Potro than he did against Nadal.

then i will just have to say that you dont know that much about the sport.

this reminds me: what sport were you watching anyway?

Mechlan
08-27-2009, 08:11 AM

Obviously not the same one you are.

Nadal and Federer have played multiple great five set matches. This wasn't one of them. To call it one of the greatest matches ever is a farce. Doesn't matter to me in the slightest if you feel differently, that's just how I see it.

Dini
08-27-2009, 09:20 AM

I don't think Mechlan's claim was an outrageous one, to be honest. I agree with him/her - they've had much better 5 setters in the past - Rome 2006 and Wimbledon 2008, for example. To say that someone doesn't know about the sport because he/she has a different opinion is a bit much.

It's laughable actually that the AO match was called the greatest ever. Who said that, btw? :scratch: Don't get me wrong, there was some spectacular winners in that and nervous moments, but both players didn't play well at the same time for most of that match. And the 5th set was just dire from Fed... it kind of ruined the whole goodness of the match.

I can name at least 5 finals better than that one.

Tenn1sAdd1ct
08-27-2009, 09:43 AM
I think Federer will win it. He's playing his best tennis in almost 2 years at the moment. Only his serve is a bit questionable. Murray is still not physically strong enough to win a major. He'll wear himself down with long matches in early rounds and play with not so full tank in semis. Djoko doesn't like heat and Nadal hasn't fully recovered from the injury so there's only one favorite for me.

vamosinator
08-27-2009, 09:57 AM
^^ Nadal has fully recovered from the "injury" (tendinitis), he just hasn't fine-tuned his tennis game, rusty from the layoff execution-wise. Physically however he's in that perfect position of freshness that he's never been in August before. While the other top players get tired from a long year, Nadal will be rounding into top form.

Clay Death
08-27-2009, 04:41 PM
I think Federer will win it. He's playing his best tennis in almost 2 years at the moment. Only his serve is a bit questionable. Murray is still not physically strong enough to win a major. He'll wear himself down with long matches in early rounds and play with not so full tank in semis. Djoko doesn't like heat and Nadal hasn't fully recovered from the injury so there's only one favorite for me.

all good points except one: Fed`s serve has more action than ever before. also he is backing it up well. i dont i have seen him serve bigger than he is doing this year.

Sapeod
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
^^ Nadal has fully recovered from the "injury" (tendinitis), he just hasn't fine-tuned his tennis game, rusty from the layoff execution-wise. Physically however he's in that perfect position of freshness that he's never been in August before. While the other top players get tired from a long year, Nadal will be rounding into top form.
He still won't win US Open.

Start da Game
08-27-2009, 04:59 PM
there is simply no favorite for this year's us open......don't get fooled by federer's recent wins.......with murray and djokovic having done with their bad days against federer at cinci, all the top 4 have a good shot at it.......rafa seems to be getting fit and fresh at the right time.......he needs 3 rounds to warm up to the task......remember, 3 rounds......beat him before the quarters.......or else, surrender the trophy and leave.......

DrJules
08-27-2009, 06:23 PM
We know the draw and the potential quarter finals:

Federer vs. Davydenko
Djokovic vs. Roddick

Nadal vs. Tsonga
Murray vs. Del Potro

Who does this favour and who is likely to win and reach final.

tennizen
08-27-2009, 06:25 PM
My predictions

Federer will not reach the final
Nadal will reach the final

SheepleBuster
08-27-2009, 06:26 PM
My predictions

Federer will not reach the final
Nadal will reach the final

My prediction. You are a troll and need to be banned?

tennizen
08-27-2009, 06:30 PM
My prediction. You are a troll and need to be banned?

That's not a prediction. That's an accusation and a very undeserving one at that:(

Andi-M
08-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Roddick Vs Murray/DelPo final

Initially i thought Fed all the way. But in a way things are almost too perfect for Fed i think Arod might get his revenge for Wimby.

Bottom half finalist is the winner of Muz-Delpo cant call it till ive seen how they are both playing atm.

kaylee
08-27-2009, 06:33 PM
sigh why do we have these silly threads - my prediction is anybody at this point because THE TOURNAMENT HASN'T BEGUN YET.

MIMIC
08-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Federer will win. Hands down. He was the overwhelming favorite before the draw and now that it's out, it solidifies his 16th major.

Only a pre-injury Nadal could beat him.

SheepleBuster
08-27-2009, 06:34 PM
That's not a prediction. That's an accusation and a very undeserving one at that:(

I am sorry to accuse you. I want you to know that I have got nothing against you. But your prediction sounds like some hit job on Fed and glorifying an injured Nadal. Nadal needs to prove he can actually win against the big guns after being so much away. So you essentially attacked Fed and praised Nadal in one sentence. You are entitled to your opinion, and it could happen but it's trollish.

rubbERR
08-27-2009, 06:35 PM
guy like davydenko this list? questionable top 10 player

tennizen
08-27-2009, 06:38 PM
I am sorry to accuse you. I want you to know that I have got nothing against you. But your prediction sounds like some hit job on Fed and glorifying an injured Nadal. Nadal needs to prove he can actually win against the big guns after being so much away. So you essentially attacked Fed and praised Nadal in one sentence. You are entitled to your opinion, and it could happen but it's trollish.

Thanks for explaining:hug: I have nothing against Federer and in fact have a lot of admiration for his incredible achievements. I just think Nadal is the fresher of the two at this time and he will be very motivated.

Sapeod
08-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Prediction - Nadal doesn't reach semi-final
Federer and Murray final.
Tsonga and Davydenko will not reach the quarters.

Sapeod
08-27-2009, 07:00 PM
guy like davydenko this list? questionable top 10 player
Not really. Great player. Should be back in top 6 sometime next year.

Certinfy
08-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Murray or Del Potro.

rofe
08-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Murray all the way baby. :yeah:

Commander Data
08-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Fed - Del Pony - Final: Fed wins in 4 close sets.

Xristos
08-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Delpo in final.

Elena.
08-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Del Potro was scary at Montreal.If he keeps it up I like his chances.

DJ Soup
08-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Delpo d. Murray

Delpo d. Nadal

Federer d. Delpo (although any result will make me happy)

tea
08-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Dream final: Fed beating Muzza in an epic match that shadows Wim'08 final by a country mile.
Dream final no2: Fed kills Nadal in the shortest match in a GS history.
Realistic final: Fed beats Murray in 3-4 sets.

DJ Soup
08-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Dream final: Fed beating Muzza in an epic match that shadows Wim'08 final by a country mile.
Dream final no2: Fed kills Nadal in the shortest match in a GS history.

that shows you want to prove something

Roger doesn't have to prove anything anymore

Bilbo
08-27-2009, 09:53 PM
R. Federer

Sapeod
08-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Del Potro was scary at Montreal.If he keeps it up I like his chances.
And yet he didn't win Montreal. Who beat him again? :scratch:

guga2120
08-27-2009, 10:00 PM
I was think Andy Murray, before the draw, but with Roger's draw, it's really hard to pick against him. If Murray can get through the bottom half without wearing himself out, he could do it. Got to go with Roger, though. I hope I am wrong.

GlennMirnyi
08-27-2009, 10:03 PM
I know who won't win, and that is Nadull. :)

Mint Chip
08-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Fed can't lose
Nadal not even reaching the quarterfinals

Doomach777
08-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Roko Karanusic or Ivan Navarro

Sapeod
08-27-2009, 11:11 PM
I know who won't win, and that is Nadull. :)
I know 3 things. That Nadal won't win and also that Djokovic and Del Potro won't either :)

tea
08-27-2009, 11:11 PM
that shows you want to prove something

Roger doesn't have to prove anything anymore
That was called 'dream' not for nothing.

I don't want to prove anything. September 13th will prove it all.:cool:

I am in so fucking love with all the latest discussions.:D

Clay Death
08-28-2009, 12:04 AM
there is simply no favorite for this year's us open......don't get fooled by federer's recent wins.......with murray and djokovic having done with their bad days against federer at cinci, all the top 4 have a good shot at it.......rafa seems to be getting fit and fresh at the right time.......he needs 3 rounds to warm up to the task......remember, 3 rounds......beat him before the quarters.......or else, surrender the trophy and leave.......

damn shankar. i like the way you think.

i would be just happy to see him win a few matches and leave without any injury issues.

next up for him will be davis cup on clay. that is the surface he needs to be on anyway until the knees get better.

Arkulari
08-28-2009, 12:15 AM
From the ATP website:

Federer comes in as the hottest player on the ATP World Tour with a 26-1 mark and four titles in his last five tournaments since mid-May. Murray has captured five ATP World Tour titles and compiled a 34-3 mark on hard courts. Nadal is also a five-time winner in 2009, including his sixth Grand Slam crown at the Australian Open and three ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles. Djokovic is co-leader (w/Murray) in match wins (53) this season and he’s won two titles while reaching four ATP World Tour Masters 1000 finals.

Elena.
08-28-2009, 12:35 AM
And yet he didn't win Montreal. Who beat him again? :scratch:I like Muzza.I just never pick Federer as a rule,too easy,too predictable,a bit boring.DelPo goes wild on court lately which I like,I hope he has a great tournament :)

Clay Death
08-28-2009, 01:15 AM
From the ATP website:

that settles it and hence the reason for this thread.

any questions folks?

just give him the trophy. its a done deal.

DJ Soup
08-28-2009, 02:48 AM
I think chances that roger takes the tournament is pretty HIGH

River
08-28-2009, 03:13 AM
I've got that funny feeling.

I think neither Fed nor Murray will win this one.

I've even got a bigger feeling that someone outside of the top 6 is gonna win this one. My heart says Roddick since I'm a fan, but I think I'd rather say "Go Roddick" in another forum since a lot of ppl's fanboyism here is one tick short of saying "I hope _______ dies and his family and children die too since he sucks so much" Scaaary.

But my money's on someone NEW TO THE CONVERSATION to win.

DJ Soup
08-28-2009, 04:33 AM

I've even got a bigger feeling that someone outside of the top 6 is gonna win this one. My heart says Roddick since I'm a fan, but I think I'd rather say "Go Roddick" in another forum since a lot of ppl's fanboyism here is one tick short of saying "I hope _______ dies and his family and children die too since he sucks so much" Scaaary.

the only outside the top 6 is the top 7

Clay Death
08-28-2009, 04:37 AM

negative. you are just not watching the same sport old sport.

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:: rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::umbrella ::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella :

Vaccine
08-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Fed is the most likely candidate for the trophy, but somehow I see Nadal battling for it too. He really keeps getting stronger since his return and he has the game to do it. And if the two meet in the final, who knows how it might end

DrJules
08-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Federer, Murray and Nadal remain the 3 favourites to win:

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/mens-us-open/win-market

freeandlonely
08-28-2009, 06:31 PM
If not Roger, Nole or Murray.

rubbERR
08-28-2009, 06:59 PM
And yet he didn't win Montreal. Who beat him again? :scratch:

heat beat him, not murray ;)

Sapeod
08-28-2009, 07:02 PM
heat beat him, not murray ;)
That excuse stays with Djokovic. If you're going to make up an excuse at least make one that isn't already foir another player. Maybe he contracted swine flu and couldn't continue.

rubbERR
08-28-2009, 07:06 PM
fit delpo can beat murray easily, no contest.

angry1
08-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Federer, Murray and Nadal remain the 3 favourites to win:

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/mens-us-open/win-market

Recently I said that Federer was further clear of the 2nd fav than the 2nd was of the 6th favourite.

According to the bookies Murray is 30%+ behind at 25% so I could have said 128th instead of 6th and the bookies would agree.

Just worse than 4/1 on the top 2 sounds excessive, but Federer should be odds-on IMO.

I misread 5/4 as 4/5 hence the gibberish I've written here.

angry1
08-28-2009, 07:29 PM

On a hard court I would be astonished if he beat Murray easily.Barring windy conditions only Federer has done that this year.

JMDP could definitely beat Murray in a tight match though.He has lost both HC matches this year against Murray.

Sapeod
08-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Bullshit. No one beats Murray easily on hardcourt except for a very very fit Nadal in windy conditions and Federer.

MacTheKnife
08-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I will believe someone will beat Federer at this event when I actually see it happen. I mean 2003 was a long time ago, and Dave is out of shape.

amonb
08-28-2009, 10:39 PM
fit delpo can beat murray easily, no contest.Hard Courts/Grass.... :haha: Clay.... :yeah:

amonb
08-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Bullshit. No one beats Murray easily on hardcourt except for a very very fit Nadal in windy conditions and Federer..... when he fancies a bit more time off to prepare for the us open!!!

TipsyFan91
08-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Fed , no-one else is playing good enough to seriously challenge him right now.

Vida
08-28-2009, 11:35 PM
I just love those predictions which go plainly:

Roger Federer

Clay Death
08-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Fed is the most likely candidate for the trophy, but somehow I see Nadal battling for it too. He really keeps getting stronger since his return and he has the game to do it. And if the two meet in the final, who knows how it might end

that is the dream scenario for the fans all over the planet.

in that dream scenario, i would have to bet on the Clay Monster and so would a fair number of Federereeeeeeesians.

am i right Federereeeeeeeesians?

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:: drink::drink::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::umbrel la::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::smoke:

Bargearse
08-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Murray and Nadal, IMO have bad draws. I wouldn't like to have to play Gasguet or Kiefer if I was Nadal. He'll take care of them, but it won't be straightforward. Tsonga will beat him in the QF. Murray's got it tough, too. He's got the dreaded Karlovic. He'll play another pusher Simon (who takes care of Del Potro in an upset in the QF) and win that grinder.

The weather will probably be hot, humid, shitty.... Murray will have to play his matches in the heat of the day while getting held up by rain delays and long women's matches. :rolleyes: By the final, he'll be worn out.

It'll be a fresher Federer in the final who will have had the good fortune of avoiding delays and hassles. Federer will defeat Murray in 4 well contested sets.

roberthenman
08-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Murray sure

MIMIC
08-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Fed's the overwhelming favorite. After that:

2. Murray
3. Del Potro
4. Roddick
5. Djokovic
6. Nadal
7. Tsonga
8. Verdasco

Clay Death
08-29-2009, 02:35 AM
Fed's the overwhelming favorite. After that:

2. Murray
3. Del Potro
4. Roddick
5. Djokovic
6. Nadal
7. Tsonga
8. Verdasco

lot of people are again having sky high expectations for Murray. i dont think its time yet.

mbenet
08-29-2009, 01:08 PM
This sounds totally Fedtarded, which is ironic for me to say because I am a proud Fedtard, but I am freaked out by the whole beating Muzza before the US Open and having the 'easy' draw and being the favourite. It feels wrong....even though it was painful at times, it was nice having Roger as the underdog and the victory at the US Open last year was so sweeeeet.

andylovesaustin
08-29-2009, 01:18 PM
I chose Andy because I would like him to win.

But at this point, Roger looks pretty tough to beat for anybody.