Is Federer peaking too early? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is Federer peaking too early?

Black Adam
08-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Will his good run end before victory at USO? Has he produced his best tennis too early? Discuss.

elessar
08-23-2009, 09:36 PM
:lol:
I think this is your best thread to date.

Black Adam
08-23-2009, 09:38 PM
I think he should have saved his best cards for the main event. Don't be shocked if Murray or Djokovic shock him in New York. A suprising and shocking rookie mistake from the great man.

ForehandWinner
08-23-2009, 09:40 PM
no. now he just made everyong go back to drawing room

abraxas21
08-23-2009, 09:40 PM
winning cincy has nothing to do with what's going to happen in NYC

MacTheKnife
08-23-2009, 09:42 PM
No, he said it himself today. Two slams, first FO, two MSs, anything else is gravy. Look for him to be more relaxed than ever. Nothing else to prove.

andylovesaustin
08-23-2009, 09:42 PM
No.

Hopefully, the other players haven't peaked yet! :shrug:

That might be it: the other players haven't peaked yet.. so there it is! :lol:

Laba
08-23-2009, 09:43 PM
He hasn't peaked yet.

andylovesaustin
08-23-2009, 09:44 PM
He hasn't peaked yet.

Well, that's just too scary to even think about! :help:

calvinhobbes
08-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Yes! He peaked too early twice, when he won Cincy and US in the same season. Am I wrong?

Cloudygirl
08-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Poor guy can't win. He gets moaned at for losing and now he is getting told he has peaked too early for winning. That's hilarious.

lessthanjake
08-23-2009, 09:48 PM
I won't be surprised if he lost in the US Open at all. He has already won 4 of the last 5 tournaments he has played. 5 of 6, including 3 slams, would just be getting ridiculous.

With that said, though, winning Cincinnati or not has never really affected his US Open play. He has won Cincinnati twice before and has won the US Open that year both times. If he didn't peak too early those years, theres no reason to believe that he peaked to early this time.

Roddickominator
08-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Considering that Roger likely hasn't peaked yet....no. Only Roddick will have a chance to diffuse Roger at the US Open....due to his monstrous serve keeping sets even, then he'll just have to get lucky in tiebreaks.

Sapeod
08-23-2009, 09:52 PM
No, he hasn't. But I wouldn't be surprised if Murray beats him in the US.

sunsfuns
08-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Silly theory. Fed has won Cincy twice before and gone on to win USO each time.

DJ Soup
08-23-2009, 09:59 PM
I won't be surprised if he lost in the US Open at all. He has already won 4 of the last 5 tournaments he has played. 5 of 6, including 3 slams, would just be getting ridiculous.

when it comes to winning, nothing is ridiculous when you are Roger Federer.

lessthanjake
08-23-2009, 10:16 PM
when it comes to winning, nothing is ridiculous when you are Roger Federer.

True. Trust me, I wouldn't be surprised if Federer won. He is undoubtedly the favorite. But I also would not be surprised if he lost, even if it was before the semifinals. Federer is going to have a bad slam result at some point. It will not be expected when it happens, but it will happen.

I do want Federer to win the US Open though. It would lend a pretty nice storyline to the Australian Open; Federer going for the Fed Slam.

savfan104
08-23-2009, 10:19 PM
No. He's won Cincy/US before.

Also, earlier this year he won Madrid and the French - very similar situation, actually.

He seems to have just the preparation he wants.

jrm
08-23-2009, 10:36 PM
He can only get better

Pea
08-23-2009, 10:45 PM
So he should've tanked the match?

Swiss Mountain
08-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Whatever! At this point, Fed will be sorry to win the USO. It's just too much!

neme6
08-23-2009, 11:04 PM
wow, that was just so nice to watch Roger play that kind of tennis again. If anything, he just sent a message to everyone that he is the real kind of tennis in the US right now, I don't see anyone taking him out in a 5 setter on a hardcourt at the moment!

Verve
08-23-2009, 11:14 PM
He's playing exactly the kind of tennis one would like to play going into any Slam.

IF he'd lose at the US Open (and to me that's quite a big if) it won't be due to peaking too early.

Congrats on the title BTW, Roger! :yeah:

Har-Tru
08-23-2009, 11:22 PM
I hate it when I cut my nails too short. It's irritating.

Certinfy
08-23-2009, 11:32 PM
i hope so.

Clydey
08-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Cinci has no bearing on the US Open. Last year was proof of that. Fed had a horrific buildup to last year's Open and he ended up producing JesusFed performances in the last 2 rounds.

The USO is wide open, regardless of what happened in Montreal and Cinci. Fuck, I wish every slam was on a hardcourt. They are by far the most interesting. Not to mention that they tend to have a much better atmosphere. Give me the USO and the AO over RG and Wimbledon any day.

Pedigree
08-24-2009, 12:03 AM
I think he should have saved his best cards for the main event. Don't be shocked if Murray or Djokovic shock him in New York. A suprising and shocking rookie mistake from the great man.

You're an idiot. Tennis does not involve "cards". There aren't a finite number of good tennis strokes that a player is capable of making over the course of the year that he has to pick and choose moments for. Federer's win in Cincy is unquestionably good for his USO chances.

nobama
08-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Is this seriously the best you can come up with? :haha:

selyoink
08-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Fed has a history of peaking early and not being able to lift his game at the slams. Probably why he has underachieved in his career.

Har-Tru
08-24-2009, 12:57 AM
Cinci has no bearing on the US Open. Last year was proof of that. Fed had a horrific buildup to last year's Open and he ended up producing JesusFed performances in the last 2 rounds.

Hey if that bullshit cheers you up, all the better for you.

The USO is wide open, regardless of what happened in Montreal and Cinci. Fuck, I wish every slam was on a hardcourt. They are by far the most interesting best for Murray. Not to mention that they tend to have a much better atmosphere display from Murray. Give me the USO and the AO over RG and Wimbledon any day.

Fixed.

out_here_grindin
08-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Murray peaked to0 soon.

mandeep
08-24-2009, 01:14 AM
No fed was a late bloomer. He peaked at 23-24, now he's just trying to hold on.

Clydey
08-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Hey if that bullshit cheers you up, all the better for you.

Fixed.

So I only enjoy hardcourt tournaments because it's Murray's preferred surface? Actually, no. I prefer the atmosphere. There's nothing better than the night matches at hardcourt slams. Add to that the fact that there are generally more contenders at hardcourt slams, and you start to get the picture.

But hey, you're obsessed with me and like to just make shit up in order to get my attention. Why let the truth get in the way of your obsession with me, eh? :lol:

Blondie1985
08-24-2009, 02:48 AM
Whatever! At this point, Fed will be sorry to win the USO. It's just too much!

lol

Bargearse
08-24-2009, 02:52 AM
No he isn't peaking too early. This is just Fed's regular level. In fact, he probably wasn't even in 3rd gear yet. He is relaxed now and has no pressure, so life is just a breeze sweetheart.

TMJordan
08-24-2009, 02:52 AM
Hey Blondie, Federer sux.

tea
08-24-2009, 03:07 AM
Will his good run end before victory at USO? Has he produced his best tennis too early? Discuss.
As like he never won the Open winning Cincy earlier.:worship: Go and get some brain fix, tool:wavey:

SerenaFederer
08-24-2009, 03:08 AM
Poor guy can't win. He gets moaned at for losing and now he is getting told he has peaked too early for winning. That's hilarious.

:lol:

fast_clay
08-24-2009, 03:26 AM
probably has set up federer for his easiest campaign yet... got some of the old arua back, enough to see him through the furst 3 or 4 rounds without breaking a sweat as his opponents go into battle already broken five times... come super saturday, well, we all know its about freshness the following day...

luie
08-24-2009, 03:27 AM
Federer hasn't peaked yet fakervic is just a rubbish player only able to win belgrade etc against challenger type players.

luie
08-24-2009, 03:29 AM
Nope he peaked at the right time to destroy roddicks career.:D

fast_clay
08-24-2009, 04:16 AM
federer two years ago springing early starts... 61 64... just finishing the points with some heavy pace on defence and offence... for sure a different player totally in blake, but i think he doesnt mind playing out the points to win either when he's not feeling it... he's definitely moved up a gear and the other contenders need to go with that.... practice starting heavy on the early rounds...

_LnPbQVExXw

HKz
08-24-2009, 04:39 AM
I would say no because he was doing this type of thing every single week of the year since end of 03 to beginning of 07 and after that he lost a lot of mental edge during the smaller tournaments. I think it was great seeing him starting to succeed a little in non-Grand Slam tournaments because he has already won 2 Master Series this year and his last one he had won was Cincinnati 07.

But no, I don't think he has peaked because in terms of how he has played in the past, he still has work because the backhand has way too many shanks and his footwork has gotten a bit sloppy. Forehand looked great during Murray and Djokovic and his serve has always been racking more aces and more pace over the years regardless. So it will be interesting what he can bring to the table during the Open because it has been a while since I have seen him hit his forehand with that much authority for more than one match in a row for maybe two years.

Langers
08-24-2009, 05:07 AM
We can only hope. :wavey:

FedFan_2007
08-24-2009, 05:10 AM
I think andylovesaustin is slowly becoming Fedtard. :silly:

Halba
08-24-2009, 05:57 AM
nadal and djokovic are declining.....both were terrible to watch, especially djokovic today..he was downright awful with so many UEs, fed only 27w to 22 UE, not brilliant ,but enough against an opponent making too many UE. also fed only serving 50% all week. rubbish play enough to beat these guys.

only delpo, murray and roddick can stop fedex. they need to have a good 2 weeks anything can happen. W to UE's, or a serve or a ground stroke getting hot ala roddick @ wimbledon?

ShotmaKer
08-24-2009, 09:39 AM

lol not quite. she's just not convinced Murrays overhyping by the media is deserved, and Fed was not given enough credit to lately. all in all, I can understand her position.

madmax
08-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Yup, Roger already has peaked and will never win a Grand Slam again, ever...

justsumma
08-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Yes Federer came too early. But don't worry, he'll get a boner again after reading this thread

miura
08-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Yup, Roger already has peaked and will never win a Grand Slam again, ever...
:spit:

Commander Data
08-24-2009, 11:19 AM

I think so too ;)

garad
08-24-2009, 11:20 AM

He did save his best cards for the main event...

Tennisman82
08-24-2009, 01:20 PM
He hasn't peaked yet.

Agreed, he's still capable of playing better.

He had enough match practice going into the USO even if he lost in the semi or final in Cincinnati. Winning Cincy was just gravy...

Federer rarely peaks before slams, unlike Nadal who often plays too much before the majors.

Tennisman82.

FedFan_2007
08-24-2009, 01:22 PM
I think Federer is peaking at just the right time.

Goldenoldie
08-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Other players have peaks, Federer just has a plateau, which happens to be too high for most other players.

Boognish
08-24-2009, 01:40 PM
This thread is complete bullshit.

amonb
08-24-2009, 01:52 PM
no. now he just made everyong go back to drawing roomI agree

SheepleBuster
08-24-2009, 02:07 PM

This thread is such a BS it smells like a fish that's been dead for a year. Another Federer hater troll trying to claim that beating Murray and Djokovic is a "bad" thing. Too early? So when is it too late? Federer has won Cincinnati before you know. And the last time I checked he has won the U.S. Open in the past few years. Federer peaking early? Nope. Might he lose? Yes. But it wouldn't be because he peaked early.

HattonWBA
08-24-2009, 02:53 PM
No he is not peaking too early at all

Har-Tru
08-24-2009, 04:19 PM
So I only enjoy hardcourt tournaments because it's Murray's preferred surface? Actually, no. I prefer the atmosphere. There's nothing better than the night matches at hardcourt slams. Add to that the fact that there are generally more contenders at hardcourt slams, and you start to get the picture.

But hey, you're obsessed with me and like to just make shit up in order to get my attention. Why let the truth get in the way of your obsession with me, eh? :lol:

what can I say, love is just like that!

in any case I find it extremely ironic to see you talking about the truth. :lol:

Clydey
08-24-2009, 04:21 PM
what can I say, love is just like that!

in any case I find it extremely ironic to see you talking about the truth. :lol:

Because I usually lie incessantly? :scratch:

The irony escapes me at this time.

judeluo
08-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Looking at Fed's crappy 1st serves in Cincy, I have to say he hasnt even peaked yet...

Deejay
08-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Doesn't matter if he's 'peaked' too early or not, he could win the US Open playing at 60% his best

ballbasher101
08-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Federer was not serving that well in the final and I would also say in the semi-final against Murray. The guy has not peaked at all. His ground game is on fire though.

moon language
08-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Too early? He's hitting good form just as the US Open is about to start. Should work out great for him I would think.

Burrow
08-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Did he peak too all the other times he won Cincinnati?

FedFan_2007
08-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Federer was not serving that well in the final and I would also say in the semi-final against Murray. The guy has not peaked at all. His ground game is on fire though.

On the contrary he knows that he doesn't need to serve lights-out to beat the big boys on the hard courts. That will take a lot of pressure off, knowing he doesn't HAVE to serve 65% or 20 aces to beat them. Ironically being freed from that pressure will probably allow him to serve a higher percentage when those matches come around. Either way it's all good for Fed-express.

FedFan_2007
08-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Did he peak too all the other times he won Cincinnati?

Uh yeah because he won the US Open in 2005 & 2007. :rolleyes:

Har-Tru
08-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Because I usually lie incessantly? :scratch:

The irony escapes me at this time.

No it didn't. :D To you, truth is as pliable as you wish in order to fit your Murrayesque interests. :cool:

Clydey
08-24-2009, 07:57 PM
No it didn't. :D To you, truth is as pliable as you wish in order to fit your Murrayesque interests. :cool:

Yet you can't think of any examples of me lying?

Funny how that happens. You say something and then completely fail to back it up. :wavey:

Har-Tru
08-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Yet you can't think of any examples of me lying?

Funny how that happens. You say something and then completely fail to back it up. :wavey:

The MTF servers would die forever if I had to point it out to you every single time you twist truth...

That is an open invitation for me to continue my stalking, with even closer attention... I accept the challenge! :D

Clydey
08-24-2009, 08:29 PM
The MTF servers would die forever if I had to point it out to you every single time you twist truth...

That is an open invitation for me to continue my stalking, with even closer attention... I accept the challenge! :D

Go for it. Find all of these examples of me lying and twisting the truth. Fetch, boy.

You're right. You are not at all obsessed with me. :lol:

Nadal_Fanatic
08-24-2009, 08:59 PM
I hope so. Federer looked pretty untouchable in Cincinnati. I think Murray can get much better though to make it interesting. Same with Nadal.

Har-Tru
08-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Go for it. Find all of these examples of me lying and twisting the truth. Fetch, boy.

You're right. You are not at all obsessed with me. :lol:

Where did I say I'm not obsessed with you? You should see the walls in my room.

Corey Feldman
08-24-2009, 09:47 PM
IMo he will be more vunerable in early rounds this year than any other year

Clydey
08-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Where did I say I'm not obsessed with you? You should see the walls in my room.

It's all very well trying to deflect it with a bit of sarcasm. Doesn't change the fact that you're obsessed. So where are all the posts of me lying and twisting the truth?

Fetch. ;)

Burrow
08-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Uh yeah because he won the US Open in 2005 & 2007. :rolleyes:

I wasn't saying he did you fucking moron.

vamosinator
08-25-2009, 03:58 AM

With that said, though, winning Cincinnati or not has never really affected his US Open play. He has won Cincinnati twice before and has won the US Open that year both times. If he didn't peak too early those years, theres no reason to believe that he peaked to early this time.

Scary to think that despite Federer's year he will end up having a year not as good as Nadal's, Nadal will have 2 slams plus more titles overall. Nadal already has won 5 titles this year compared to Federer's 4. Nadal's 6th title of the year will be next month.

FedFan_2007
08-25-2009, 04:36 AM
Scary to think that despite Federer's year he will end up having a year not as good as Nadal's, Nadal will have 2 slams plus more titles overall. Nadal already has won 5 titles this year compared to Federer's 4. Nadal's 6th title of the year will be next month.

You prove yourself to be a greater clown then ever. Who knows who will win the US Open? :retard:

vamosinator
08-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Just saying, it is scary to think that despite all the high praise Federer has received this year, it will end up being an inferior year to Nadal's :o

Ichiban1920
08-25-2009, 05:17 AM
Just saying, it is scary to think that despite all the high praise Federer has received this year, it will end up being an inferior year to Nadal's :o

When Nadull loses in the US Open, will you fuck off once and for all?

Audacity
08-25-2009, 06:46 AM
This thread is complete bullshit.

lol

leng jai
08-25-2009, 08:02 AM

Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG.Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG.

ShotmaKer
08-25-2009, 08:57 AM

lol

what are you going to say if he does not win it ? i really hope he shows in a good shape, but meanwhile im eager to see what you gonna say if it does not happen.

Black Adam
08-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG.Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG. Nadull lost in the 4th round of RG.
You've way too much free time on your hands. And you're not using it in a productive manner at all.:sad::rolleyes::o

manuel84
08-25-2009, 05:15 PM
The imperious fh is back in business but there's no doubt that Fed wants to increase his first serve % and polish his backhand passes.

reggie1
08-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Fed's going to win it if his current form is anything to go by. Personally, I hope the twins start teething (a bit early I know) late August. Yes and before some smug, self righteous Fed loveey points out to me that that's the only way Murray would win it, I don't care! I just want Murray to win a slam if only to end the "Muzza slamless wonder" threads :devil:

sawan66278
08-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Peaking? Against these pretenders? Come on...until Andy and Novak work out the mental issues...and fight like Rafa, only the Man from Mallorca (and hometown Andy) have a shot...UNLESS Federer's forehand goes AWOL against a Del Potro...But Peaking? Federer's game is not based on peaks and valleys...he's on Cloud 9...and knows no fear (except against Rafa)...Why? Because he achieved everything he wanted.

DrJules
08-25-2009, 07:13 PM

If you are so certain put all your credits on Nadal to win US Open in vBookie.

Of course you will not because he will not win the US Open.

Byrd
08-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Too many fuckin mugs posting shit in this thread, mainly FedDick.

kaylee
08-25-2009, 07:56 PM
oh boy!

Black Adam
09-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Turns Murray was the one peaking way too early in Canada. And all the hype ended against a huge mug.

Black Adam
09-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Wow!

At the last hurdle, Fedrer lost all the invincibility he displayed in Cincy. Compared to Mugfed from today, Jesusfed showed up way too early.

Jaz
09-15-2009, 12:53 AM
He didn't really peak..the serve simply didn't work that well the entire tournament...

Black Adam
09-15-2009, 12:58 AM
He didn't really peak..the serve simply didn't work that well the entire tournament...
I am referring to the excellent perfomances at Cincinatti and he couldn't produce it where it mattered more.