Cincy Final: Federer whips Djokovic 6-1 7-5 to win his 16th AMS title [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Cincy Final: Federer whips Djokovic 6-1 7-5 to win his 16th AMS title

Pages : 1 [2]

Swiss Mountain
08-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Federer was exceptionally sharp out there and Djokovic was labored and messy.

Though Federer's renewed dominance does nothing for me as a fan of him because I find him more annoying than not ("Applause please"), his play today was a superb display for anyone who loves tennis. He has to be the big favorite going into the USO.

Federer's definitely onto a new chapter. With the weight off his shoulders he looks on another, higher level than the rest of the tour. He's hitting the forehand with vicious authority.

Yeah, scheduling worked against Novak and the day semi- winner is almost always a big favorite in a final. But Federer made Novak look pedestrian out there. He easily controlled the majority of the points, including on Novak's serve.

The Applauses please, was just a confused reaction. No big deal

delpiero7
08-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Gotta love MTF.

When Murray won last week, he was being called the MM King.

Federer wins this week and people on here seem incapable of doing anything but rimming him. Well, except for Djokovic fans/Federer haters.

Can't see why Federer fans are getting excited about a 16th AMS title. After all, it's only one more than an overrated, moonballing piggy. Not much to shout about IMO. :p

FedFan_2007
08-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Gotta love MTF.

When Murray won last week, he was being called the MM King.

Federer wins this week and people on here seem incapable of doing anything but rimming him. Well, except for Djokovic fans/Federer haters.

Can't see why Federer fans are getting excited about a 16th AMS title. After all, it's only one more than an overrated, moonballing piggy. Not much to shout about IMO. :p

Well, until Murray wins a slam he's the current MM-king. That's simply objective reality.

Huey84
08-23-2009, 11:55 PM
I think today really showed how much Djokovic has matured as a person. I'm liking him more by the day.

andylovesaustin
08-23-2009, 11:57 PM
The problem is nadull always had tendonitis he beat roger with tendonitis & roger beat him with tendonitis. Where-as mono was a one-off time,that fakervic was in the right place at the right time,also he never met/beat fed at a slam since.Which is different from nadal. If you discount nadaull tendonitis then you have to discount all his victories & defeats against every-one because he has been playing with tenonitis for years.:)

Regarding Nole "being in the right place at the right time," sometimes that's the way life works, or have't you noticed? :lol:
But the deal is, a person has to be ready.. to be prepared to step-up when life offers an opportunity.

The point I'm making is Nole had to have at least some skill to capitalize on the situation. In that sense he created his own destiny because if he hadn't been able to compete, he STILL would have lost. Nole still deserves credit for winning because he did. Nole made it to the final, didn't he? And he could lost, beating himself, but he didn't.

Rafa.. well I'm talking about THIS year--about him not being able to defend his Wimbledon title. It's not Roger's fault. But Roger made sure he took advantage of the situation. It wasn't necessarily a done deal Roger was going to win the title. We all get so used to Roger winning, we think just think it's a foregone conclusion he will win. But one thing I really like about Roger is that he's ready to compete and win most all the time, particularly when life offers him opportunities.

It's luck in one sense, but if Roger didn't bring it to some extent if he wasn't prepared to win, then it would be an opportunity missed. Roger could have lost to Andy. I mean it was a five set, relatively close match even though it's Andy Roddick we're talking about! Roger could have let the moment get to him, falling apart. But he didn't.

I'm just saying...

Bargearse
08-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Whenever anyone's fav player loses, it is NEVER because their opponent was simply better on the day. Nadal never loses unless he is injured or fatigued, Federer only loses when he is ill or has a sore back or 'doesn't care' about the tournament he's competing in, Murray only loses because tournament organisers conspire against him by making him play all of his matches in the heat of the day.... :help:

Fed finished the tournament very strong and was a deserving winner. Others simply weren't good enough to beat him. Will he win the US Open? You can rely on it.

Kuhne
08-24-2009, 12:15 AM
hahahahaha... the trophy presentation....

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I WOULD NOW ASK YOU TO TURN YOUR ATTENTION TO.... EEEHHYYYEHHHH!?!?!?!?!?!?! CENTER COURT.... (crowd laughing)

what the hell?

Bargearse
08-24-2009, 12:16 AM
And all that on 4/15 BP Conversion. :worship: It's been a good week for FedMug BP Conversion Watch. :spit:
And of course they had to put Roger in the earlier slot in the semis, he's an old married man now, he needs the rest. :p

I like the idea of BP conversion watch - Fed has had some issues with this in the past.

Fed is old and married and all those late nights sleeping while the nanny changes the diapers must really be taking its toll.:D

tennizen
08-24-2009, 12:35 AM
I don't know if I saw a different match but I thought Fed played his best tennis after being 3-0 down in the second. Novak started the first set very tight and made a lot of errors in the first set and didn't have any control in his service games.

habibko
08-24-2009, 12:36 AM
just finished watching the match, and instead of writing all my thoughts down I'll quote someone who has done a better job as always :worship:

Despite this loss, it was a good week for Djokovic since he beat Nadal.

As for the match:

1. For some reason, Djokovic served almost exclusively to the Federer FH in the first set. Was it supposed to be a surprise tactic? In the 2nd game of the match (which went to 6 or 7 deuces), Djokovic served almost every time to the Federer FH in the deuce court, and more than half in the Ad court. It didn't make any sense, because Federer's FH return is very good and he can almost always put the server on the defensive with a deep return. Unless you're going to angle it off better, you can't serve to his FH like that if you want to win. Federer grew confident in his returns and was aggressive throughout most of the match, although he did a lot of slice chip returns in the second set.

1a. On that note, Novak's serve hasn't been the same this year. When he was coming up in 2006 and 2007, he held serve more easily against good opponents. He could get it up to 122-128 and near the lines. He sometimes gets that pace, but more often than not, it has been weaker serves and not all that well placed.

2. Federer's Bh was really good today. He was hitting the CC slice deep and it kept Djokovic from attacking. Federer was also hitting his topspin BH deep to the middle of the court and to Djokovic's BH. There were often loopy, but they did the trick. He was trying to do this against Murray as well, but made a lot more mistakes. He still doesn't have the BH dtl working at all; if he does get it to work at the USO, it will make the rallies a lot easier for him.

3. Federer's timing on his Fh was impeccable. He was sitting right on the baseline and taking the ball early. Novak kept retreating further and further behind the baseline because he was worried about that early FH going down the line. You also saw hints of Federer's once punishing CC FH against both Murray and Djokovic. He dominated the FH exchanges and didn't give Novak any chance to get into rallies.

4. Federer's serve was not that great again, but he still only faced a break point in one service game out of 30 against Hewitt, Murray, and Djokovic. That's pretty good stuff. His second serve was really good all week. Djokovic didn't read his serve as well as he has lately and generally had no idea where it was going.

I'll add some points:

- Federer's slice was back to his best today, he was mistiming alot of his slices in the last two weeks, but today he only missed one shot and it was driven off the court wide and not at the net like he has been doing lately, he changed direction, hit the slice deep and short, DTL and cross court superbly, and the famous combination of short slice and then deep topspin backhand to set up the short return for a forehand worked every single time today.

- Federer's footwork and anticipation in the first set and the latter stages of the second set (starting from 3-0 down) were so close to his best I'm almost tempted to say were at his very best, he was never wrong footed and was there for every shot Djokovic hit, he was just reading him like an open book today, JesusFed style.

- Djokovic came into the match using the same tactics he imployed to win his last two matches against Fed this year, trying to break down the forehand, but Fed's forehand was too good today for that to happen, he should have started mixing it up and maybe start attacking the backhand more, not sure he would have had much of a chance anyway since Fed's backhand was also great today.

- Djokovic's backhand DTL was working really well today, this is a very good sign for him going into the USO, since it's such an important shot for him against all and especially the top players.

- Fed's backhand when Djokovic was serving *3-2 15-30 was a thing of beauty, I hope to see it soon on youtube or at least a GIF of it, especially the slow motion replay.

all in all, Fed was just too good for Djokovic who couldn't keep it up with Fed, no excuses and the "Djokovic not at his best + bad scheduling" excuses are too pathetic.

FedererBulgaria
08-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Yeah Fed, number one in action!

straitup
08-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Djokovic's second serve seemed rather slow today...I thought I saw lots of 85-90 mph serves. But he did well to recover from a dominant first set from Federer. Federer then seemed to figure out how to win a tight set again

Gaudio2004
08-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Djokovic did try and break down the Federer backhand, but every time that happened Federer either employed a short, angled slice to Nole's BH, or he hit a down-the-line shot to Nole's forehand, eventually this meant Fed's forehand would be hit to, and Fed could then attack.

Federer used the same tactic on Murray.

MacTheKnife
08-24-2009, 12:52 AM
The best BH Federer hit all day was the one at 5-5 and game point for Djok on his serve. He hit BH DTL that painted the line for a clean winner. Then went on to break. He misses that BH and it's 6-5 Djok and most likely a TB.

Gaudio2004
08-24-2009, 12:54 AM
The best BH Federer hit all day was the one at 5-5 and game point for Djok on his serve. He hit BH DTL that painted the line for a clean winner. Then went on to break. He misses that BH and it's 6-5 Djok and most likely a TB.

yep, it was actually an inside-out backhand down the line, something even more rare for Fed to do.. in the same game (5-5 2nd set) he missed 2 break points with 2 backhand passes, it was time he hit a great bh.

habibko
08-24-2009, 01:02 AM

yes that one was great but even more impressive was that backhand at *3-2 15-30 Djoko serving, he took it early on the rise while moving forward DTL to force the error and set up 2 bpts to level up the set, plus its importance, it just looked so spectacular and beautiful.

habibko
08-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Unexpected but fantastic win for Roger! He showed that he still has the desire to mix it up with the young guns. Loved the first set :yeah: At least he'll have a fighting chance at the USO after this. He has to be in the top 5 favourites for the title :yeah:

understatement of the year :lol:

Mr. Oracle
08-24-2009, 02:03 AM
ditto.

Even the weather is conspiring against him, we should blame global warming too. Remember Nole retired against Roddick in the AO due to the intense heat. :awww:

The weather did not conspire against him but the organizers sure did by not closing the roof or cancelling the match. They know he has chronic breathing problems (surgery), and so they not only make him play in the mid day (frauderer had evening matches - again), but they make breathing impossible for him by making him play in 140 degree weather! These are not coincidences. The ATP knows that Nole is the true #1 but does not have the same marketability as frauderer hence the foul play.

rofe
08-24-2009, 02:10 AM
The weather did not conspire against him but the organizers sure did by not closing the roof or cancelling the match. They know he has chronic breathing problems (surgery), and so they not only make him play in the mid day (frauderer had evening matches - again), but they make breathing impossible for him by making him play in 140 degree weather! These are not coincidences. The ATP knows that Nole is the true #1 but does not have the same marketability as frauderer hence the foul play.

lol

~Maya~
08-24-2009, 02:38 AM
Oh Nole :hug:

Roger was amazing in the first set. Killer forehand

:haha:

BigJohn
08-24-2009, 02:40 AM

Yeah, but the Slams are run by the ITF, not the ATP...

OMG, this conspiracy is bigger than expected!!!

Arkulari
08-24-2009, 02:44 AM
OnRvNAVjm3Q

the real #1 losing in MM finals against a player almost 10 years older than him... :spit: :spit: :spit:

Mr. Oracle
08-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Yeah, but the Slams are run by the ITF, not the ATP...

OMG, this conspiracy is bigger than expected!!!

Thinking ITF but out came ATP - tom'ay'toe or tom'ah'toe

No the conspiracy stops with the ITF. What do you think that I am a paranoid schitz or something?

There is a lot of fraud and fixing in sports. You should not be so polly-annish because the world will disappoint you eventually. You probably like the SOund of Music film a lot.

Sunset of Age
08-24-2009, 02:48 AM

ROTFLMAO... :spit: :haha: :haha:

For a moment I thought you were serious (I mean, anything goes over here at MTF :worship:) but the 'evening matches'-claim makes it a dead give-away. :worship: :worship: :worship:

BigJohn
08-24-2009, 02:52 AM
Thinking ITF but out came ATP - tom'ay'toe or tom'ah'toe

No the conspiracy stops with the ITF. What do you think that I am a paranoid schitz or something?

There is a lot of fraud and fixing in sports. You should not be so polly-annish because the world will disappoint you eventually. You probably like the SOund of Music film a lot.

Well I was not going to say anything, but now that you mention it...

And pollyannaish? Me? Far from it...

Skyward
08-24-2009, 02:55 AM
The ATP knows that Nole is the true #1 but does not have the same marketability as frauderer hence the foul play.

WOW, this era is strong, we have four real No1s.

Art&Soul
08-24-2009, 03:10 AM

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: Fakevic fans always make stupid comments like Simon Reed :o:o:o
Papa Fed is too good for Fakevic today, old Federer is still too strong for the young generation :worship::worship::worship: Fed you GOAT, just keep your level and Newyork will be in your hand again:yeah::yeah::yeah:

Mr. Oracle
08-24-2009, 03:32 AM
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: Fakevic fans always make stupid comments like Simon Reed :o:o:o
Papa Fed is too good for Fakevic today, old Federer is still too strong for the young generation :worship::worship::worship: Fed you GOAT, just keep your level and Newyork will be in your hand again:yeah::yeah::yeah:

There is more that qualifies the GOAT than simply winning X number of tournaments such as sportsmanship etc. Frauderer fails miserably in this regard (cries when he loses, smashes rackets, will not shake hands with judges, post match interviews and excuses etc). No wonder Nadal is firmly in Nole's camp but snubs Frauderer. No one likes Frauderer. Finally he doesn't have too much upstairs and cannot construct a brief 30 second interview. Refer to his "win" at Roland Garos: How do you feel Roger? Roger: "Wow this is really amazing." How do you feel that you've won the career slam? Roger: "It's definitely AMAZING." You've had quite a year. Roger: "It's been such an AMAZING year."

What a poor advocate for tennis. Country swiss hick, that's about it.

Arkulari
08-24-2009, 03:34 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3424/3192435737_6d81f4bb88.jpg

habibko
08-24-2009, 04:04 AM
There is more that qualifies the GOAT than simply winning X number of tournaments such as sportsmanship etc. Frauderer fails miserably in this regard (cries when he loses, smashes rackets, will not shake hands with judges, post match interviews and excuses etc). No wonder Nadal is firmly in Nole's camp but snubs Frauderer. No one likes Frauderer. Finally he doesn't have too much upstairs and cannot construct a brief 30 second interview. Refer to his "win" at Roland Garos: How do you feel Roger? Roger: "Wow this is really amazing." How do you feel that you've won the career slam? Roger: "It's definitely AMAZING." You've had quite a year. Roger: "It's been such an AMAZING year."

:haha: :haha: :haha:

:bigcry: :baby:

Spirit_fire
08-24-2009, 04:04 AM

Considering Fed has won the Stefan Edberg sportsmanship award 5 years straight completely disproves that. It's an award voted on by all of the players...but that must be rigged too right? Because 'no one likes Frauderer.' You're a fool.

iSzavay.
08-24-2009, 04:11 AM
Good job Roger :cool::yeah:.

BigJohn
08-24-2009, 04:13 AM

Like a gift that keeps on giving.

tea
08-24-2009, 04:23 AM
:D

Gotta print this post and put on a wall as a sticky remainder of the mtf's greatest minds:worship:

luie
08-24-2009, 04:31 AM

Just accept that fakervic is a mediocre grinder & everything will be OK :cool:

Mr. Oracle
08-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Considering Fed has won the Stefan Edberg sportsmanship award 5 years straight completely disproves that. It's an award voted on by all of the players...but that must be rigged too right? Because 'no one likes Frauderer.' You're a fool.

Yeah what's your point? Dubyah stole the 2000 election as well. You're a hanging chad indeed.

Arkulari
08-24-2009, 05:43 AM
http://motivateurself.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/implied-facepalm.jpg

Spirit_fire
08-24-2009, 06:02 AM
Yeah what's your point? Dubyah stole the 2000 election as well. You're a hanging chad indeed.

:retard: :lol: What are you proposing? Federer paid people to vote for him?

Greenday
08-24-2009, 06:23 AM
because, i don't understand this crap of "he is back" when he wins and "he is past his prime" or "bad match" or something else when he loses fair and square.......

btw what you fail to see is djokovic played bad and still won and when he played his best against an in form fed, even then he won - montreal 07 and AO 08.......roddick or hewitt even on their best days and federer's worst days, cannot seem to find a way to beat federer.......

Ah God!..Fed won,,,,,his fans are celebrating..wats ur effing problem?....wat is tht u r trying to prove?....I understand the last couple of months might have been really tough for you....and yesterday after the thrashing nadal received at the hands of novak....

yes he played great today...THTS MY OPINION..people have opinions...god!

Mr. Oracle
08-24-2009, 07:03 AM
:retard: :lol: What are you proposing? Federer paid people to vote for him?

What I am saying Aristotle is that the vote count was (is)as legitimate as they are in zimbabwe. Second, a lot of the lower seeded mugs have an unhealthy obsession with being #1 as much as Frauderer and so have a perverted sense of what it means to be a sportsman. Just compare how much more gracious Novak is in defeat than Frauderer. He basically brushed off Murray during the handshake yesterday and did not even look him in the eye. I replayed it 5 times and each time my tennis posse agreed that Fedtard is an unsportsmanlike mug who dislikes those who beat him regularly (the H2H of Fed/Murray is heavily in Murray's favour). The Stefan headberg award is a farce!

victory1
08-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Novak had about 16 hours to rest and get ready after beating Nadal last night. Roger on the other hand had about 19 hours after beating Murray. Granted, it would be better if one semi was played immediately after the other one (it would be even fairer if they were played at the same time but i guess that wouldn't be good for the tele and the media) but it's really a terrible excuse to say that Novak didn't have enough time to sleep, lol.

But one was played in the scorching summer heat under a hot sun, while the other was not. An equalizer for a few extra hours of rest, don't you think?;)

jazar
08-24-2009, 07:23 AM
looks like all this talk of calling murray favorite for the USO is a little premature

Mr. Oracle
08-24-2009, 07:43 AM
But one was played in the scorching summer heat under a hot sun, while the other was not. An equalizer for a few extra hours of rest, don't you think?;)

Haha. Did you even watch the match? It was unseasonably cold (around 70 degrees). Scorching hot my arse!

habibko
08-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Haha. Did you even watch the match? It was unseasonably cold (around 70 degrees). Scorching hot my arse!

oracle, how good do you think Fed played in the final?

Start da Game
08-24-2009, 07:51 AM
What I am saying Aristotle is that the vote count was (is)as legitimate as they are in zimbabwe. Second, a lot of the lower seeded mugs have an unhealthy obsession with being #1 as much as Frauderer and so have a perverted sense of what it means to be a sportsman. Just compare how much more gracious Novak is in defeat than Frauderer. He basically brushed off Murray during the handshake yesterday and did not even look him in the eye. I replayed it 5 times and each time my tennis posse agreed that Fedtard is an unsportsmanlike mug who dislikes those who beat him regularly (the H2H of Fed/Murray is heavily in Murray's favour). The Stefan headberg award is a farce!

could not have agreed more.......

Mechlan
08-24-2009, 07:58 AM

I guess that settles it. Your 5 second analysis of Federer clearly shows something that all those other players in years of knowing him have missed. Fools!

FlameOn
08-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Nole. :sad: A good win over Rafa means a good tournament overall.

The player I like most losing to a player I don't really care for. *sighs*

victory1
08-24-2009, 08:13 AM

I did watch the match, it was 78 degree.;) When you're running around the court mid-day after 2:00 pm, it's a different situation then after 7:00pm no matter what the weather. I believe that Federer had the worst condition then Djokovic for their semis.;)

bokehlicious
08-24-2009, 08:54 AM

ATP/ITF rig everything they can to favour Fed and disadvantage the true #1... Again another proof of the world's conspiracy against Serbia :awww: :sad: :hug:

:retard:

Arkulari
08-24-2009, 09:03 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01MY6dv5xS9Jj/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05Oya6e5tb3WO/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02oPfJobFz2I1/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05A4bQQ2Dy1sI/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fpF1JA2ZqglZ/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cnl0NT0nx3cC/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03Wf6lX9b18GQ/610x.jpg

ShotmaKer
08-24-2009, 10:00 AM

forgot how the fakervic tard were the stupidest of all. get a life you moron !

barbadosan
08-24-2009, 10:04 AM

I guess that settles it. Your 5 second analysis of Federer clearly shows something that all those other players in years of knowing him have missed. Fools!

Weird, isn't it? Oracle has come as close to overseeing the vote count as he has to actually meeting and talking with Fed, but he, presumably being the original Oracle of Delphi, is in a better position to judge the man than all those players who see him almost day in and day out -- not to mention those other countless people who have had a chance to hang out with Fed for a bit, and who all report what a genuinely nice individual he is. But hey, what do they know?

Methinks the windmills of Oracle's mind must have real difficulty stirring up the tiniest bit of a breeze! lol

bokehlicious
08-24-2009, 10:09 AM
forgot how the fakervic tard were the stupidest of all.

It was never in doubt that as soon as Djoker would stop sucking balls on a tennis court his tards would show up again and prove they're by far the dumbest fanbase out there... :o :)

Mr. Oracle
08-24-2009, 10:37 AM
forgot how the fakervic tard were the stupidest of all. get a life you moron !

You're obviously not a grammarian. Learn the language fool. I don't have a translator for orc sitting next to me.

ShotmaKer
08-24-2009, 10:50 AM
You're obviously not a grammarian. Learn the language fool. I don't have a translator for orc sitting next to me.

ohh, did I upset you with my grammar ? Know what ? I'm sorry man, I mean, your life is already miserable enough, and now you have to stand these MTF posters with grammar mistakes all over their posts... GET LOST YOU RETARDED MORON

oliverbwfc
08-24-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't have a translator for orc sitting next to me.

It's orcish actually :rolleyes:

miura
08-24-2009, 10:53 AM
oracle, I hope for your sake you don't believe in what you actually are writing.. :spit:

decrepitude
08-24-2009, 11:20 AM
I could see it in Novak's eyes today. Today was the day he finally accepted Federer into his heart. During the trophy presentation, you could see with his body language he was declaring to the world that Federer is the one true God of tennis. You could tell that Novak felt humbled to even be allowed to play on the same tennis court as Federer, let alone be in his glorious presence. As Federer played you could see Angels surrounding him and singing him praises. A Halo of golden love imbued light could be seen surrounding the man who unites Heaven and Earth.

I for one am seeing Novak in a new light. I am glad he was grown up and thrown away his childish notions of ever being the King. Novak has finally accepted Federer as his savior and he should be praised for that. Without Federer, Novak would be lost, but now he is saved.

We love you God Federer, show us all the way. <3

O.M.G. :help: :ignore:

Commander Data
08-24-2009, 11:57 AM
I could see it in Novak's eyes today. Today was the day he finally accepted Federer into his heart. During the trophy presentation, you could see with his body language he was declaring to the world that Federer is the one true God of tennis. You could tell that Novak felt humbled to even be allowed to play on the same tennis court as Federer, let alone be in his glorious presence. As Federer played you could see Angels surrounding him and singing him praises. A Halo of golden love imbued light could be seen surrounding the man who unites Heaven and Earth.

I for one am seeing Novak in a new light. I am glad he was grown up and thrown away his childish notions of ever being the King. Novak has finally accepted Federer as his savior and he should be praised for that. Without Federer, Novak would be lost, but now he is saved.

We love you God Federer, show us all the way. <3

We must be soulmates!

Spirit_fire
08-24-2009, 12:31 PM

There have been COUNTLESS players who have said how nice Roger is, how much of a normal, genuine guy he is. Sure he has his faults but he is still the most popular tennis player among his colleagues and the wider public. That tells me a lot more than your absurd assumptions based of what... handshakes? A few tears? Are you kidding? Really stellar reasoning you have there. I guess you haven't heard Roger's most recent complimentary comments about Murray (and they were made before Roger beat him).

Fed and Rafa on the whole get along. Fed's not PR gloss...he's honest, he tells it like it is. Some people have a problem with that sort of blunt honesty which can come across as arrogance. I find it refreshing.

federersforehand
08-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Great first set by Federer, reminiscint of GOAT form of 04-07, it was unstoppable, breathtaking tennis that only roger is capable of doing. Only downer is first serve. He proved even me wrong here, i thought murray would crush Fed but no, he just turn around and opens a can of whoopass these last 2 days.

fed is the indefinite US open fav now, if he plays like he did in the first today more often, he wont drop a set.

Boognish
08-24-2009, 01:07 PM
People on this forum are so immature. Really.

Tennisman82
08-24-2009, 01:17 PM
A great performance from Fed. Easily some of his best tennis all year. When heís on there is still nobody on tour apart from Nadal that can match himÖ

This is Novakís fifth consecutive MS final defeat! Thatís got to hurt psychologically, but he seems more confident now so hope he continues with his resurrection. He played some great tennis this week and heís very enjoyable to watch when heís on.

Tennisman82.

BigJohn
08-24-2009, 01:27 PM
What I am saying Aristotle is that the vote count was (is)as legitimate as they are in zimbabwe. Second, a lot of the lower seeded mugs have an unhealthy obsession with being #1 as much as Frauderer and so have a perverted sense of what it means to be a sportsman. Just compare how much more gracious Novak is in defeat than Frauderer.

You must live in another dimension. Was it a conscious decision to run away from reality?

At least, Federer has enough class to finish his matches.

He basically brushed off Murray during the handshake yesterday and did not even look him in the eye. I replayed it 5 times and each time my tennis posse agreed that Fedtard is an unsportsmanlike mug who dislikes those who beat him regularly (the H2H of Fed/Murray is heavily in Murray's favour). The Stefan headberg award is a farce!

I would sure like to see you and your tennis posse discuss tennis/ATP/Djokovic issues. Next time, tape your meeting and post it on Youtube.

buzz
08-24-2009, 01:33 PM
I thought both djokovic and murray were not very gracious this week. Both stating they were tired (for murray because he played a lot, for djokovic because he had the second semi) and didn't play their best tennis against federer because of it. Maybe it was true, but no reason to tell. There wasn't a direct question like "why did you lose?" in the pressconferences

Oh and murray even adding, like in USopen final I also didn't play good there

tea
08-24-2009, 01:36 PM
A great performance from Fed. Easily some of his best tennis all year. When heís on there is still nobody on tour apart from Nadal that can match himÖ

This is Novakís fifth consecutive MS final defeat! Thatís got to hurt psychologically, but he seems more confident now so hope he continues with his resurrection. He played some great tennis this week and heís very enjoyable to watch when heís on.

Tennisman82.

Not a soul on Earth can match ON Fed. - Axiom. Go back to school, you've missed some basics.:wavey:

Tennisman82
08-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Way to go king Fed, awesome display, forehand was amazing today. Djoko did well in the tournament and played well in spurts, but no shame in losing to someone so great playing so well, I think he is back to form at the right time and has a better chance than people may think at the USO. Fed is the favourite for the USO title now by a mile,

Agreed!

I can only hope his form somehow dips by then. :D

Nah...Fed is playing pressure-free attacking tennis and it's bringing out the Federer of old! Lovely tennis!

Tennisman82.

Tennisman82
08-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Awesome tennis from Fed 1st set. 2nd set he was Ok, he did have some good shots but you feel a more confident player would have taken the 2nd set cos Fed wasn't so great. Still great stuff from Fed and am glad he is heavy favorite for US open.

If Federer can combine the movement he displayed in Cincinnati with the quality of serving he produced in Wimbledon, I think he'll be a shoe-in for this year's USO.

Tennisman82.

MagicMilan
08-24-2009, 03:31 PM
It was never in doubt that as soon as Djoker would stop sucking balls on a tennis court his tards would show up again and prove they're by far the dumbest fanbase out there... :o :)
Judging the fanbase by oracle's & munzekonza's posts??? You're not much better either :wavey:

bokehlicious
08-24-2009, 03:37 PM
I thought both djokovic and murray were not very gracious this week. Both stating they were tired (for murray because he played a lot, for djokovic because he had the second semi) and didn't play their best tennis against federer because of it. Maybe it was true, but no reason to tell. There wasn't a direct question like "why did you lose?" in the pressconferences

Oh and murray even adding, like in USopen final I also didn't play good there

Both these guys are twats, no surprise here... Fed pulled the mono excuse and got bashed to no end, while those 2 always get away with their bollocks, as usual...

bokehlicious
08-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Judging the fanbase by oracle's & munzekonza's posts??? You're not much better either :wavey:

Remember post AO 08 times? There were dozens of Noletards bragging around all over GM, those will surely pop up again should Nole win anything decent again... :o :scared: :bolt: :p

BigJohn
08-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Remember post AO 08 times? There were dozens of Noletards bragging around all over GM, those will surely pop up again should Nole win anything decent again... :o :scared: :bolt: :p

They gave a pretty good show, it was entertaining. Repetitive but still... Golden Slam!!!

Vida
08-24-2009, 04:44 PM
fantastic play by fed. congrats :yeah:

really good seeing him play so well. despite the fact he was never the most expressive of characters, it is evident he is relieved. obviously what he collected during summer meant a world to him and it is nice to see it is paying dividends in a shape of a very good form. also it is kinda cool this tournament went through without the usual bickering between the top guys. kinda, just play and not silly mind games.

djoker? well clearly he pre-choked in the presence of greatness he once might have thought can be his; and talent he once might have though he has. nothing extraordinary there, he is not the only one suffering from those inperfections. it was evident from the first game he isnt in it. you've gotta attack fed, serve like a madman and pick on his BH to have a chance if he is playing well. there was little doubt about the outcome. now why did djoker go down the chicken road? who knows? two plus two equals four but this equation has more unknowns. anyway very good tournament for him, if he can do something about this sudden drops in confidence against 'in-the-zone' opponents, he is good bet for the Open as the other top guys. we shall see.

HeretiC
08-24-2009, 04:52 PM
If one is interested in a convincing argument in favour of the one-handed backhand, watch this match.

Roger's one-hander allows him to get to balls and in rhythm. He can get a ball further away from him than a player with a two-hander and still maintain his balance. His great footwork doesn't hurt either.

Now watch Djokovic's backhand. He gets a ball a bit too close to his body or a bit out of reach and it takes him that much longer to set up.

Well, you found a wrong match to propagate that statement. Federer did everything to avoid longer BH CC battles, either killing them with slices or playing DTL to transfer the rally to FH CC exchanges and Djokovic accepted them hoping that his FH will break as in their past two encounters. That did not happen and he got overpowered and outplayed in them. There is a major change in Federer attitude on the court, he is probably more closer to the ground than he ever was in past years. He became very well aware and accepted his own weakness and opponents strengths and he plays smart to avoid them. He might lost something in his movement and speed due to age, but he also got out of that denial phase when he though that his everything is better than anyone else's, and gained something even more important as a compensation: wisdom and assessment objectivity. In my eyes that makes him even more dangerous as a competitor.

rofe
08-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Well, you found a wrong match to propagate that statement. Federer did everything to avoid longer BH CC battles, either killing them with slices or playing DTL to transfer the rally to FH CC exchanges and Djokovic accepted them hoping that his FH will break as in their past two encounters. That did not happen and he got overpowered and outplayed in them. There is a major change in Federer attitude on the court, he is probably more closer to the ground than he ever was in past years. He became very well aware and accepted his own weakness and opponents strengths and he plays smart to avoid them. He might lost something in his movement and speed due to age, but he also got out of that denial phase when he though that his everything is better than anyone else's, and gained something even more important as a compensation: wisdom and assessment objectivity. In my eyes that makes him even more dangerous as a competitor.

This is a very good post. I think Roger has been in denial for some time but lately has been more objective about his strengths and weaknesses. I saw a pretty good manifestation of this in Madrid this year. He was consciously trying to hide his backhand from Nadal by changing his tactics and he was able to execute that plan pretty well.

There have been other instances of this new found objectivity. The FH drop shot as a change up against players that stand way behind the baseline, the 2nd serve into the body against Murray in Cincy to negate his excellent service returns etc.

It remains to be seen if he is able to continue down this path. I sure hope so.

stebs
08-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Good win for Federer and he was simply too good for most of the match for Djokovic. A few fantastic points in that one as well, the way Djokovic hits the ball just plays into Federer's hands. It's the right pace that he can be fairly effortless and still make big shots off the FH.

Dini
08-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Second time that Fed beat Muzz and Djok back to back in tournaments. Doesn't do much for Clay Death's argument about the double handed BH being superior and the single hander being a weak shot in comparision considering that many think novak and andy have the best backhands in the game. :p

sawan66278
08-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Even I have to give credit: the man dismantled two of the top four players in the world. What this showed:

1. Andy Murray is an unproven player...who has not proven to have the mental wherewithal to win the big matches. Not reaching break point on Federer was pathetic. This is the best player on hard courts? We're reaching Safina territory with respect to Andy being the "favorite" on hard courts AND slams.

2. Novak is a shell of the player he was before Rafa took his heart last year, and Federer crushed it at the Open. The belief is gone: and it shows on the big points...and the quick 5-0 lead in the first set.

3. Federer is on cruise control...and is the overwhelming favorite for the Open. Only an in-form Rafa can stop him at this point...or an inspired Andy Roddick.

Dini
08-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Sawan :hatoff: :yeah:

Sapeod
08-24-2009, 06:25 PM

:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

optimism
08-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Congrads to Roger!

And the best thing about this win? ----------- I was there!:D ( I was there for both the semi finals as well. It was a perfect weekend!)

The ball flies a lot faster than on TV, esp if you watch them play in lower level seats. I've always known Roger has a monster FH, but seeing it in person is just 100.....000 times better. His BH was impressive as well. Djokovic has good pace (great pace even) on both wings. He blew Rafe off the court but with roger it was a different story. He took the ball so early and he was rarely out of position.

After I watched all big 4 play/practice, I can honestly say I have even more respect for them. They work very hard to get there and they are probably the most approachable sportsmen among all sports.

Corey Feldman
08-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Where is RFK? I want to humiliate his arse again.:D

Reaching the final levels of demented Fedtardism.

This thread is a great report on how insane Fedtards are and what sad losers they must be in real life. As I have said before househusbands/housewifes at best. Glorytards personified.

P.S. How many tournies(if any) has Fed won after playing the 2nd semi on Saturday (or like last year US does he always get the rigged schedule)
UZVeaoe31PM

MrChopin
08-24-2009, 07:38 PM
could not have agreed more.......

You are a double. The question is, whose?

You must live in another dimension. Was it a conscious decision to run away from reality?

At least, Federer has enough class to finish his matches.

I would sure like to see you and your tennis posse discuss tennis/ATP/Djokovic issues. Next time, tape your meeting and post it on Youtube.

:haha:

moon language
08-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Finally got a chance to watch the match on DVR. Why was Djokovic hitting to Federer's forehand so much? Very strange to not utilize the strategy that is known to work against Federer (hit to his backhand at all costs).

Dini
08-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Moon language that's because hitting to Fed's FH has been a successful strategy in the two wins novak got against him this year... Why change a successful strategy?

...except this time Fed would have none of it.

moon language
08-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Moon language that's because hitting to Fed's FH has been a successful strategy in the two wins novak got against him this year... Why change a successful strategy?

...except this time Fed would have none of it.

I can understand that he was doing it early for that reason, but he kept doing it despite it not working for him. Seemed like some stubborn play from him ... or perhaps he's not confident hitting forehands down the line.

Sunset of Age
08-24-2009, 08:01 PM
I can understand that he was doing it early for that reason, but he kept doing it despite it not working for him. Seemed like some stubborn play from him ... or perhaps he's not confident hitting forehands down the line.

It might have been that he somehow - perhaps not even conciously - expected Fed's FH to break down at a certain point in the match, as that's been happening quite often the past six months or so. That would also explain why he played so passively I think...

Just speculating, of course. :)

superslam77
08-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Second time that Fed beat Muzz and Djok back to back in tournaments. Doesn't do much for Clay Death's argument about the double handed BH being superior and the single hander being a weak shot in comparision considering that many think novak and andy have the best backhands in the game. :p

GOAT

atp: Federer,Sampras.
wta: Graf.

SINGLE HANDED!!!!

It also says single handed in the middle of the Wimbledon trophy, what more has to be said :) ?

two handed backhand is for mugs retrievers with no power so they need two hands for a backhand like chang. VAMOS SINGLE HANDER!!

HeretiC
08-24-2009, 08:34 PM

He was confident hitting FH down the lines against Nadal, but not against Federer, he knew that out of positioned Federer would have most likely responded with slice cross court on those and he would have to hit a safe running backhand on a low bouncing ball and whatever he hits it on that (except a risky BH DTL) will end up with Federer being back in total control of the rally. And there was too much pace on Federer FH CC so he can control it down the line accurately, so he was going for a "safer" choice, cross court exchange, hoping for a better moment. In the end it did not turn out much "safer", but you can not blame him much, it is easy to realize that it was a mistake after the match, but when you play it does look like a safer choice at first moment.

moon language
08-24-2009, 08:34 PM
two handed backhand is for mugs retrievers with no power so they need two hands for a backhand like chang. VAMOS SINGLE HANDER!!

Yeah like Borg. What a mug.

Dini
08-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Yeah like Borg. What a mug.

:lol: Good one.

Ceri
08-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Loved it! GO FED GO! Ahem.

saniapower
08-24-2009, 08:57 PM
GO FED GO :drive:

Apemant
08-24-2009, 09:37 PM

To break someone's BH or FH takes time. On both of their previous meetings, Federer won the 1st set rather convincingly. Perhaps Nole thought it would break down eventually. And as the matter of fact, it wasn't that far off; if he wasn't broken at 5-5, he might have won the TB and then it would be a coin toss. :shrug:

habibko
08-25-2009, 01:01 AM

excellent post, Madrid final has been the realization of this maturity for me.

Dini
08-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Apparently the trophies Novak and Roger got were bought from Wal-Mart :lol: :spit: :haha:

Sunset of Age
08-25-2009, 01:05 AM
To break someone's BH or FH takes time. On both of their previous meetings, Federer won the 1st set rather convincingly. Perhaps Nole thought it would break down eventually. And as the matter of fact, it wasn't that far off; if he wasn't broken at 5-5, he might have won the TB and then it would be a coin toss. :shrug:

Exactly.
Some folks over here make it look as if Djoko stood no chance at all. That wasn't the case - I really question what would have happened if Djoko had managed to win a second set TB thereafter.

I know, I know, ifs, buts, and the like, do not count - but in a tennis match, anything can happen. Even - or rather, even the more - if it's Mr. Federer playing. Guess a lot of folks forgot what happened a week earlier already.

Dini
08-25-2009, 01:09 AM
It's a good thing Fed forgot, Karin. :shrug: Some people thought he wouldn't recover from such a choke and never gave him a chance in hell to win the tournament (sceptics of whom included me) but he bounced back like a champion does. :yeah: There's no other way to describe his performance last week other than: rebound. He moved on, worked on a few things, practised and hung in there when he was down as opposed to collapsing.

And remember Karin when you talked about how Fed was all serve nowadays, and I said I didn't agree with that? :p Well I think he proved a thing or two in his SF and F matches with his crappy first serve percentage but rather solid ground game. :angel:

habibko
08-25-2009, 01:13 AM
Even I have to give credit: the man dismantled two of the top four players in the world. What this showed:

1. Andy Murray is an unproven player...who has not proven to have the mental wherewithal to win the big matches. Not reaching break point on Federer was pathetic. This is the best player on hard courts? We're reaching Safina territory with respect to Andy being the "favorite" on hard courts AND slams.

2. Novak is a shell of the player he was before Rafa took his heart last year, and Federer crushed it at the Open. The belief is gone: and it shows on the big points...and the quick 5-0 lead in the first set.

3. Federer is on cruise control...and is the overwhelming favorite for the Open. Only an in-form Rafa can stop him at this point...or an inspired Andy Roddick.

for once in my life I agree with a post of yours 100%, this is creepy...

FedFan_2007
08-25-2009, 01:19 AM

I disagree that he becomes more dangerous then 2004-2006 level, at least he can get back to being AS dangerous as he was at his Jesus-Fed peak. That's definitely good enough for me! :yeah:

batavlada
08-25-2009, 01:19 AM
Exactly.
Some folks over here make it look as if Djoko stood no chance at all. That wasn't the case - I really question what would have happened if Djoko had managed to win a second set TB thereafter.

I know, I know, ifs, buts, and the like, do not count - but in a tennis match, anything can happen. Even - or rather, even the more - if it's Mr. Federer playing. Guess a lot of folks forgot what happened a week earlier already.

Just to add that Djokovic had a set point on Federer serve.

In any case, Federer had a great day. Djokovic was satisfied too. Everybody is happy. Except tards on MTF.

Sunset of Age
08-25-2009, 01:20 AM
It's a good thing Fed forgot, Karin. :shrug: Some people thought he wouldn't recover from such a choke and never gave him a chance in hell to win the tournament (sceptics of whom included me) but he bounced back like a champion does. :yeah: There's no other way to describe his performance last week other than: rebound. He moved on, worked on a few things, practised and hung in there when he was down as opposed to collapsing.

Correct, and I'm as happy as you are about that! :D

And remember Karin when you talked about how Fed was all serve nowadays, and I said I didn't agree with that? :p Well I think he proved a thing or two in his SF and F matches with his crappy first serve percentage but rather solid ground game. :angel:

Well the funny thing is - I've done a bit of thinking about this :angel: - his 1st serve % may have been crap, but can't it just be that he was going for aces a lot more than he used to do just because he was/is so confident that he can always rely on his 2nd serve nowadays? ;)
I surely think so. Those body/kick serves he produced on his 2nd attempts were really :worship:.
So yes, he's still 'all serve' (;)) but in a rather different manner than I thought back at that time. :cool: ;)

Gaudio2004
08-25-2009, 01:21 AM

First two points are excellent considering they are from you, but Federer isn't on cruise control, his first serve still hasn't been good enough this week, his passing shots aren't that great anymore, little holes but they are still there..

FedFan_2007
08-25-2009, 01:22 AM

Yes, yes yes!!!! The old Roger ground-game is back with a vengeance! He doesn't need to over-rely on his serve while he's riding the wave...

Dini
08-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Well the funny thing is - I've done a bit of thinking about this :angel: - his 1st serve % may have been crap, but can't it just be that he was going for aces a lot more than he used to do just because he was/is so confident that he can always rely on his 2nd serve nowadays? ;)
I surely think so. Those body/kick serves he produced on his 2nd attempts were really :worship:.
So yes, he's still 'all serve' (;)) but in a rather different manner than I thought back at that time. :cool: ;)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :p :p :p

I'm afraid you must have been blinking a lot Karin and not seen how confident he was in rallies, then. :p He went for his shots, but didn't do so stupidely - most of the time there was a good margin for error and when he wanted to cut it short he used the DS to bring opponents in and went from there. His second serve has been a bit of a revelation but so has his confidence in his groundstrokes. It takes more than just big and smart serves to win tournaments, just ask Karlovic. ;)

Sapeod
08-25-2009, 01:26 AM
First two points are excellent considering they are from you, but Federer isn't on cruise control, his first serve still hasn't been good enough this week, his passing shots aren't that great anymore, little holes but they are still there..
Whose double account are you?

Sapeod
08-25-2009, 01:26 AM
Roger is god. He is back to his best, me thinks. No stopping him for quite a while now :worship: :worship: i fear for Murray's chances at US Open.

Howard
08-25-2009, 01:30 AM
Yes, yes yes!!!! The old Roger ground-game is back with a vengeance! He doesn't need to over-rely on his serve while he's riding the wave...I wonder if Fedís relatively poor first serve percentage was a contributing factor in his improved groundstrokes. He had to win a lot of hard-earned second serve points and thus got into a lot more extended rallies. It must be nice to know that if Plan A isnít going well, thereís a Plan B. Not many players have one.

Dini
08-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Yes, yes yes!!!! The old Roger ground-game is back with a vengeance! He doesn't need to over-rely on his serve while he's riding the wave...

The old roger ground game is dead in my opinion. But we saw consistent glimpses of it in his last two matches... he still produces a lot of unforced errors; which is to be expected when going for it, but no way is the Federer of old back. I like this version of Fed though: not as stubborn as he was before - willing to improve things in his game, putting the hours in when there was a lot of baby stuff in his life and having game plans and sticking to them against people who have beaten him consistently in the past.

Dini
08-25-2009, 01:35 AM
I wonder if Fedís relatively poor first serve percentage was a contributing factor in his improved groundstrokes. He had to win a lot of hard-earned second serve points and thus got into a lot more extended rallies. It must be nice to know that if Plan A isnít going well, thereís a Plan B. Not many players have one.

Good point. :) I think it also helped that Murray for example wasn't returning as well as he has done in the past...but a lot of those second serves were aimed at his body - and there's not much that can be done about that.

moon language
08-25-2009, 01:53 AM

Going forehand to forehand with Federer I would expect Djokovic's to breakdown first.

Heretic made a good point about the backhand slices. Federer was using that well and the Cincy court seemed to take the slice well, putting Djokovic in difficult positions. Still, I think the plan against Federer should almost always be to attempt to break down his bh at all costs. If he's able to protect against it then there's not much else you can do unless he's having a bad day with the forehand.

Blondie1985
08-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Go Rog!!!!!!

sawan66278
08-25-2009, 03:15 AM

What I mean by "cruise control" is that he's playing with house money. RG needed? Check. 15 slams? Check. Children and marriage? Check.

Look at his reaction after the meltdown against Tsonga...the man looked like he didn't even lose a set, much less the match. Why? Because now, its all icing on the cake for him.

The ONLY thing left: the Rafa challenge. The head to head needs to be addressed. And again: he wants, if not needs, to defeat Rafa in another slam final.

He now views tourneys like Lendl did back in the day: nice preseason practice for the slams.

Apemant
08-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Going forehand to forehand with Federer I would expect Djokovic's to breakdown first.

Heretic made a good point about the backhand slices. Federer was using that well and the Cincy court seemed to take the slice well, putting Djokovic in difficult positions. Still, I think the plan against Federer should almost always be to attempt to break down his bh at all costs. If he's able to protect against it then there's not much else you can do unless he's having a bad day with the forehand.

I agree; I'm just saying that it worked two times for Djokovic so he might have thought he had a chance. And he did - having a setpoint definitely means you had a chance. If it went to the decider, who knows what might have happened.

But other than that, yes, breaking down his BH is the way to go. The problem with Nole is that he doesn't like those loopy BH CC shots; he prefers flattening it much more (or going DTL). And Federer is often able to use the pace from those flat BH CC shots to his advantage, even with his 'weak' backhand. This is perfectly in concordance with the fact that Nole never really tried to consistently pound his BH; and even those 4 victories weren't due to the BH-trick. I would assume Nole knows best what he can and what he can't do with his BH. I really doubt he wouldn't try such a simple idea, utilised ad nauseam by both Nadal and Murray (to great success) - if he thought he could actually pull it out.

manuel84
08-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Fed's footwork was flawless. That was a big factor in making it difficult for both Murray and Djoko to consistently attack the bh.

It was kinda strange though: Roger just stopped attempting the flat, angled fh in the second set of the final. That shot was literally blowing Djokovic out of court in the 1st.