Cincy SF: Djokovic destroys Nadal 6-1 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Cincy SF: Djokovic destroys Nadal 6-1 6-4

dijus
08-23-2009, 01:45 AM
It seems to me that Djoko is back.
In such form he can do some real damage at USO.

LinkMage
08-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Chef Djoko serves up charcoaled pork ribs. :drool:

What a schooling! Piggy got hit off the court. :D

Gaudio2004
Magnificent hitting from Djokovic, just taught Nadal a lesson on how to play tennis on a hard-court. Brutal stuff.

DrJules
After 2 months away unrealistic to expect more from Nadal than we have seen in Montreal and Cincinnati. Just as Del Potro played very well last week so did Djokovic this week.

Byrd
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :haha:

docking34
unbelievable.

Fiberlight1
Djokovic played very well.. only had one bp against him.

Good tourneys though.

connectolove
08-23-2009, 01:47 AM
SO, so sad :-((

Clydey
08-23-2009, 01:48 AM
Good performance from Djokovic. He's a bad matchup for Nadal on a fast hardcourt. Nadal's ball sits up at a nice height and Djokovic can really flatten out his strokes.

Federer will win tomorrow, though.

leng jai
How did he lose 5 games to a guy who was supposed to lose in the first round? Thats pathetic.

Corey Feldman
i hope Rafa paid Nole for that lesson :lol:

q.j.
Nole you wonderful boy :worship:

you woke up :inlove:

selyoink
Nadull once again taught a lesson in hardcourt tennis. Once he plays someone who mans up against him beatings like this are the result.

ballbasher101
The Djoker played very well but Nadal is far from 100%.

Fed Express
08-23-2009, 01:49 AM
Djoko played well but Nadal was awful..

No ROS. Plenty of bad errors.

His shots barely passed the serviceline and just screamed ATTACK ME, ATTACK ME..

njnetswill
I don't care if Nadal is coming back from injury. Djokovic winning is still a huge shock.

nobama
How did this guy lose to Roddick last week in Montreal. :confused:

RagingLamb
08-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Solid match by Novak, though still not his best.

10-26 vs. 21-26 winner/UE (Nadal vs. Novak)

Rafa tried his best to hang in there in the second set, but he was no match for Novak tonight.

It should be an interesting final if Novak and Roger both keep it together tomorrow.

n8
Almost the exact same score as last year's Cincy semi. Djokovic won that one 6-1 7-5.

Djokovic goes into the US Open super dangerous then. He's just got to hope he doesn't get Roddick in his quarter (lost all 3 this year).

That said, Djokovic was looking very dangerous on clay before the French but bombed out in the 3rd round...

mayagaller
Classic Djoker. Loved it! :worship:

ImmzB
Nadal only had 1 Break Point!

Voo de Mar
Unfortunately it was typical match for them, I mean one player dominated the other. 19 matches between them, and only 3 competitive three-setters (Hamburg, Beijing, Madrid) :o

Art&Soul
Nadull is totally outplayed by Djokovic and he only makes 10 winners :o

selyoink
The Djoker played very well but Nadal is far from 100%.

Of course Nadull has never been at 100% when he suffers a loss.

Nidhogg
08-23-2009, 01:51 AM
"Exquisite allcourt tennis". Good one, Koenig.

Oh well. Best performance from Djoke for quite a while.

andylovesaustin
08-23-2009, 01:52 AM
For Rafa this defeat is definitely an annihilation. But Nole played great--Rafa's comeback or not!

Congrats to Nole! I hope he can take to Fed tomorrow!

Rafa has a little work to do..suffice to say!

Clydey
Djokvoic IS BACK!

To all the fanboys on MTF who said Djoker and Federer were toast. SUCK IT.

No, he's not. This was a case of Djokovic enjoying this matchup. Fuck, MTF is so fickle. Djokovic will lose tomorrow and I wouldn't even put so much as 50p on him winning the US Open. I have nothing agaibst him, but he just enjoys playing Rafa on hard. The same thing happened last year and he got straight-setted by Murray in the final.

shotgun
Another hardcourt lesson by Djokovic against Nadal, just like the ones in Cincy and Indian Wells last year. Too good.

leng jai

When Nadull just loses hes about 80% fit. A 6-1 6-4 is a sign he is about 5% fit.

betowiec
08-23-2009, 01:53 AM
beatdown
expected one

Ilovetheblues_86
08-23-2009, 01:53 AM
Federer- Djokovic

Expected As Hell.

Now see Djokovic wins Cincy but fails to reach semifinal in UO or something like that. :P

Sunset of Age
08-23-2009, 01:54 AM
Great job, Djoko, well done!

Well there I am again, misjudging...
And spoiling some 25K donw the toilet, of course.

malisha
good shotmaking from Djoko...wins like this one can bring his confidance back
stay agressive i want to see more flat hammer shots and less topspin

Gaudio2004
No, he's not. This was a case of Djokovic enjoying this matchup. Fuck, MTF is so fickle. Djokovic will lose tomorrow and I wouldn't even put so much as 50p on him winning the US Open. I have nothing agaibst him, but he just enjoys playing Rafa on hard. The same thing happened last year and he got straight-setted by Murray in the final.

Except that Murray isn't in the final and that if Djokovic beats Federer tomorrow, he will be FULL OF CONFIDENCE, and we all know any player full of confidence is very, very dangerous.

BTW Who do you put as the favourite for the US Open? Murray?

victory1

If it was for that then Nadal would never lose!:D Don't you know, no one can beat Nadal unless he's hurt or not 100%!;)

karadjordje
This has been a master piece by maestro Novak.Fuck yes great tennis by Nole .

General Suburbia
08-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Surprised that Djokovic held it together. In retrospect, he definitely had the advantage here, but it didn't look like his heart was in his tennis these past couple months.

Laba
08-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Very disappointed in Rafa, the last three sets he played before this match were deceiving as he didn't improve on those performances today but having said that... Novak deserves all the credit in the world for his performance here as he came out firing and was just too good tonight.

He was burning Nadal down both lines with his groundstrokes and his tactics were spot on. He even threw in some really high ones to keep his opponent at bay when he needed to and at one stage in the first set they showed a stat which showed that Novak was hitting from inside the baseline for 30% of his shots while Rafa had only done so with a measly 3%. That's just not gonna do any good against Djokovic on this court when he's in that kind of form. I expected more from Nadal, thinking he'd learn from their last SF in Cincy but he's still trying to play himself back into form so I can't be too frustrated with him I guess. Congrats, Nole. Well played and well deserved.

I was hoping to see another Fed/Nadal final but oh well, I hope Fed/Djoker can be a good contest instead. If both winners played like they did in their SF's today then it should be a decent match.

partygirl
08-23-2009, 01:56 AM
Sweeeet!

moonlightdance
nadal still has work to do. djokovic got a much-needed win over a top player. the us open should again be quite interesting.

theblejach
is he finally back on the way?

Clydey
Except that Murray isn't in the final and that if Djokovic beats Federer tomorrow, he will be FULL OF CONFIDENCE, and we all know any player full of confidence is very, very dangerous.

BTW Who do you put as the favourite for the US Open? Murray?

Federer will beat Djokovic tomorrow. I'm pretty much convinced.

I've said about 20 times that Federer is favourite for the US Open, with Murray as second favourite. Federer is the 5-time defending champion, so he's obviously the favourite.

Corey Feldman
08-23-2009, 01:57 AM
no historic set of all TMS finals for Nadal or 1st Cinci title :D

malisha
No, he's not. This was a case of Djokovic enjoying this matchup. .

its not just the matchup he was taking the ball early today and risked more which eventually payd off

peribsen
Very good match from Djokovic. The best news is that the Djoker has refound his A game, that means USO will be far more entertaining. I'm happy for Nole, I had always thought that he had been unlucky in several of his previous matches with Rafa, he deserved to win sometime. I´ll accept I doubted Djokovic was capable of playing this way right now, so it's good to see I was wrong. Cheers to Nole.

As for Rafa, he played a very poor match. I'm not even sure this tells me so much about his form, since today nothing seemed to work as usual, his FS was disastrous, and even his major strokes, when he tried them, mostly went wide. That partly was due to Djoko´s great game, but I ended with the feeling that at least as much as Djoko outplayed Nadal, Rafa was somehow out of the game by his own merits. Yesterday we saw him serve pretty well, today it was as if something kept his arm back.

Hope Djoko beats Fed, it will increase the excitement at NY.

ballbasher101
08-23-2009, 01:58 AM

The guy was missing shots that he normally makes. His return of serve was diabolical to put it mildly. I an not a Nadal fan but he is still rusty. That said the Djoker is a better player on hardcourts compared to Nadal.

Guga_fan
08-23-2009, 01:58 AM
Djokovic is obviously not back, the match-up benefits him. Regardless of that, I liked his performance in the first set.

kinski76
08-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Maybe Djokovic saw last night's poll (at the early stage when 90% were in favor of Nadal ;))

I voted for Djoko, but expected a closer match. Oh well, it's good to see they're both starting to find their form, and placing themselves in contention for the US Open. Welcome back, Rafa.

Djoko, well done :hatoff:

yellowboy906
yes, djoker is back. last week he didn't have half the confidence in hitting his stroke. federer better be careful if he wants more kid with mirka. cause if he's not careful, djokovic might blast a 100 mph forehand at his balls.

star
I was nice to see Nole playing well. He got nervous toward the end. That's not a good sign that he's fully confident again.

I hope Nadal improves on this short break time. I'd like to see him do well at the Open. Tennis is always more exciting with Nadal in the mix.

Clydey
08-23-2009, 02:00 AM
its not just the matchup he was taking the ball early today and risked more which eventually payd off

Djokovic always does that against Nadal. However, Nadal moves better on clay and the surface is slow enough for him to retrieve Nole's flat strokes. It's a different matter on hard. This isn't a surprise to anyone who has seen their previous matches on hard. Especially fast hard.

rocketassist
08-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Uncharacteristic errors from basic shots from Nadal but Djokovic played strong hardcourt tennis.

Djokovic and Murray are both effective against Nadal on a hardcourt because they can both flatten out their shots because of the height Nadal's junk comes up at.

Sunset of Age
08-23-2009, 02:01 AM
Great job by Djoko, well done!!!

Raf.... I feel sad, sad, SAD.
No Fedal Final tomorrow, but I guess that was too much to ask for in the first place.

DAMN!

Gaudio2004
08-23-2009, 02:02 AM
Some people just need to understand, that on a fast hard-court, when on form, players like Federer, Djokovic, etc, who can attack the ball with some unbelievable strokes, can beat defensive players like Murray or Nadal at a very, very easily level. Even Nadal, with his superb footwork and great movement around the court, had no answers today against Djokovic's blistering groundstrokes; it really was a breath-taking performance from the Serbian.

batavlada
Federer will beat Djokovic tomorrow. I'm pretty much convinced.

I've said about 20 times that Federer is favourite for the US Open, with Murray as second favourite. Federer is the 5-time defending champion, so he's obviously the favourite.

Good performance from Djokovic. He's a bad matchup for Nadal on a fast hardcourt. Nadal's ball sits up at a nice height and Djokovic can really flatten out his strokes.

Federer will win tomorrow, though.

:baby:

Clydey
Uncharacteristic errors from basic shots from Nadal but Djokovic played strong hardcourt tennis.

Djokovic and Murray are both effective against Nadal on a hardcourt because they can both flatten out their shots because of the height Nadal's junk comes up at.

Precisely.

MagicMilan
Novak was playing some good old aggressive tennis in the 1st set, everything was working fine. :worship:
2nd was pretty bad IMO, Murray and Federer would have schooled him. He tried to choke, making silly errors in the end, 1st df in the final game... He was also playing like a ballbasher in the 2 last Nadal service games, as soon he broke. Letting Rafa win his last few service games easily was pretty stupid thing to do, a confident Rafa would have taken advantage for sure
Nevertheless, by far the best performance this week from Djoker but he has to play the level from the 1st set throughout the whole match to stand any chance against Roger tomorrow.

foul_dwimmerlaik
Am I the only one who thought that Djoko is still far from his best form? Sure, he played better than through all his previous matches in Montreal&Cincy, but serve is still wonky, dfs in crucial moments, stretches of passive spinny play? Nadal was piss poor though, so good riddance.

fast_clay
Nadal's a-game just didn't cut it tonight... but, the good thing is he was able to bring his a-game with him which he couldn't at wimbledon...

tangerine_dream
08-23-2009, 02:03 AM
Novak! :eek: :bounce: What a perfect time for that win. :aparty:

Rafa :hug: He will be ready for USO :devil:

USO is going to be awesome this year, with the top six back and in form. Can't wait. *rubs hands together in anticipation*

malisha
08-23-2009, 02:03 AM
Djokovic always does that against Nadal. However, Nadal moves better on clay and the surface is slow enough for him to retrieve Nole's flat strokes. It's a different matter on hard. This isn't a surprise to anyone who has seen their previous matches on hard. Especially fast hard.

that is correct but lets see can he build on this and play more flat against the other top players not just Nadal as he needs to if he wants to beat them

HeretiC
08-23-2009, 02:04 AM
Immaculate first set from Djokovic, he completely outplayed and overpowered Nadal, with good game-plan and shot selection, he was killing him with DTLs on both wings. Quite a drop down in a level of play in the second, Novak went to safe mode losing control in the rallies but fortunate for him Nadals bad ROS and errors were there to help him. We saw many matches between them so similar like this, with Djokovic blowing Nadal off the court in one set and after that a slight drop in aggressiveness due to few missed shots and lost confidence and Nadal taking over in rallies in the next. It was the same in this one, Djokovic first reduced pace on DTLs then started to avoid them and going for safe shots down the middle. But this time Nadal couldn't establish rhythm and take advantage of that.

Good spotting from Vajda on Berdych mistakes yesterday, Novak approaches were much much earlier then Berdych and he covered slightly more the CC thus not allowing those short loopy FH CCs to look like perfect passing shots like yesterday again Tomas. Still, Todd will have to do a lot of work with him on volleys and drop volleys.

Clydey
08-23-2009, 02:04 AM
:baby:

Did I say something wrong or are you just whining because I, gasp, think Federer will beat Nole tomorrow?

Fucking grow up.

Har-Tru
08-23-2009, 02:05 AM
Immaculate first set from Djokovic, he completely outplayed and overpowered Nadal, with good game-plan and shot selection, he was killing him with DTLs on both wings. Quite a drop down in a level of play in the second, Novak went to safe mode losing control in the rallies but fortunate for him Nadal bad ROS and errors were there to help him. We saw many matches between them so similar like this, with Djokovic blowing Nadal off the court in one set and after that a slight drop in aggressiveness due to few missed shots and lost confidence and Nadal taking over in rallies in the next. It was the same in this one, Djokovic first reduced pace on DTLs then started to avoid them and going for safe shots down the middle. But this time Nadal couldn't establish rhythm and take advantage of that.

Good spotting from Vajda on Berdych mistakes yesterday, Novak approaches were much much earlier then Berdych and he covered slightly more the CC thus not allowing those short loopy FH CCs to look like perfect passing shots like yesterday again Tomas. Still, Todd will have to do a lot of work with him on volleys and drop volleys.

Thank you from saving me typing time. :yeah:

foul_dwimmerlaik
08-23-2009, 02:06 AM
It should be an interesting final if Novak and Roger both keep it together tomorrow.
If they both continue their respective form from the semis, Fed will win easily. But hey, they don't play matches on paper.

Vida
08-23-2009, 02:06 AM
those faceless rubber people in murray camp should stay in town and catch some notes on how to attack in this sport.

Clydey
08-23-2009, 02:08 AM
those faceless rubber people in murray camp should stay in town and catch some notes on how to attack in this sport.

Why would the world numnber 2 need tips from the world number 4? :shrug:

q.j.
08-23-2009, 02:10 AM

ask him that after the USO
hint: slam

MacTheKnife
08-23-2009, 02:11 AM
Excellent performance from Djok. Got a little tight at times in the 2nd, but held his nerve when it mattered.
Nadal needs some serious work on serves, returns and depth. I think he got one free point on his serve, maybe two. That won't cut it in NY.

malisha
08-23-2009, 02:12 AM
looks like both Djoko and Murray must have Nadal on the other side to show some decent game
ugly shit

batavlada
08-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Did I say something wrong or are you just whining because I, gasp, think Federer will beat Nole tomorrow?

Fucking grow up.

http://www.klum.se/_images/galleryimages/200_meerkat-curious.jpg

Take it easy. Here is one hot babe.

FlameOn
08-23-2009, 02:15 AM
Hell yeah Nole! :yeah:

Myrre
08-23-2009, 02:15 AM
Both grinders out in the semis. Happy days are here again!

Gaudio2004
08-23-2009, 02:19 AM

Wound up in statistics again? Djokovic beat Nadal 6-1 6-4 on a hard court, while Nadal beat Murray 6-1 6-2 on a hard-court, Djokovic has a Grand Slam and plays attacking, inventive tennis, Murray on the other hand, has to learn how to attack. It's the reason why he lost today - he couldn't attack Fed at all.

Vida
08-23-2009, 02:19 AM

this is really a slow post. are you serious?

malisha
08-23-2009, 02:21 AM
Wound up in statistics again? Djokovic beat Nadal 6-1 6-4 on a hard court, while Nadal beat Murray 6-1 6-2 on a hard-court, Djokovic has a Grand Slam and plays attacking, inventive tennis, Murray on the other hand, has to learn how to attack. It's the reason why he lost today - he couldn't attack Fed at all.

thats cos he is in a different mindzone when plays Fed and it was sucesfull in the past
only a moron changes something which work

RagingLamb
08-23-2009, 02:22 AM
Here's the thread from last year's SF btw if anyone's interested:

Cincy SF: Djokovic roasts Nadal 6-1 7-5 to end Rafa's 32 win streak (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129202&highlight=djokovic+nadal+6-1)

Couldn't find any stats but some very similar comments

Edit: Nadal winners/UE from 2008 = 10 to 20., 10 to 26 tonight.

habibko
08-23-2009, 02:25 AM
wow Djokovic was REALLY impressive, that's the Nole I love to see :worship: :hearts: Nadal really was hit off the court tonight, great win (had it in ATP draw challenge so it's kinda NID)

Djokovic made Nadal look so ordinary out there, of course the ROS and the many and untimely UEs from Nadal didn't help him, but that's his problem, Djokovic played the way he should and in really spectacular way.

should be a great final tomorrow... :unsure:

Gaudio2004
08-23-2009, 02:26 AM
I remember last year's match at Cincy, Djokovic had that terrible blue/orange shirt, slightly different as Nadal had won 32 matches in a row at that point.

andylovesaustin
08-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Here's the thread from last year's SF btw if anyone's interested:

Cincy SF: Djokovic roasts Nadal 6-1 7-5 to end Rafa's 32 win streak (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=129202&highlight=djokovic+nadal+6-1)

Couldn't find any stats but some very similar comments

Rafa still has a lot of work to do. I guess, he's not in that bad of shape after all considering last year's results! So.. yay Rafa?:confused:

Forehander
08-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back!

Yeah~~ how deluded can you be? The faker is back from what? His game have always been an atrocious match-up for Rafael. If this win really proves anything, then it only proves one thing: that fakerbitch's tennis has never gone through a slump. Fangirls nowadays all say "what's happened to Nole's game in 2009?" - this match clearly shows nothing has happened to him and he's been playing the best tennis of his career throughout the whole 2009. The matches he has lost throughout this year was due to being outplayed by improved players.

Gaudio2004
08-23-2009, 02:28 AM
Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back! Djoko is back!

Yeah~~ how deluded can you be? The faker is back from what? His game have always been an atrocious match-up for Rafael. If this win really proves anything, then it only proves one thing: that Djokovic's tennis have never gone through a slump. Fangirls nowadays all say "what's happened to Nole's game in 2009?" - this match clearly shows nothing has happened and he's playing the best tennis of his career. The matches he has lost throughout this year was due to being outplayed by improved players.

Nadal has a 14-5 record against Djokovic... are you sure that Djokovic's game is an "atrocious" match up to Nadal?

rocketassist
08-23-2009, 02:28 AM

Murray also defeated Nadal on a hardcourt in a best of 5 match at a grand slam playing inventive attacking tennis.

Now fuck off, bait-creator.

Sunset of Age
08-23-2009, 02:29 AM
DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHITDAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHITDAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHITDAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHITDAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHITDAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT etc.

Well done, Djokovic, best match I've seen him play since AO 2007! :yeah:

SHIT. Damn. Sorry folks.

habibko
also great to see both SFs today WON and not LOST by either player, hopefully the final will be more of the same :yeah:

RagingLamb
Rafa still has a lot of work to do. I guess, he's not in that bad of shape after all considering last year's results! So.. yay Rafa?:confused:

the winners/UE ratios were very similar as well, 10-20 in '08, and 10-26 tonight. Nothing to cheer about either way.

Gaudio2004
08-23-2009, 02:30 AM
DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHITDAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHITDAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHITDAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHITDAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHITDAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT DAMN DAMN DAMN SHIT SHIT SHIT etc.

Well done, Djokovic, best match I've seen him play since AO 2007! :yeah:

SHIT. Damn. Sorry folks.

He must have been very impressive at AO 2007, that 4th Round straight-set loss to Federer, he was playing out-of his mind?

andylovesaustin
08-23-2009, 02:32 AM
the winners/UE ratios were very similar as well, 10-20 in '08, and 10-26 tonight. Nothing to cheer about either way.

Well... the good news is Rafa made it to the quarters last year, right? And then he went on to win the AO?

But the bad news is that it doesn't look to good for Rafa at the U.S Open this year. And it doesn't look to good for Andy Roddick either... Bummer.

Del_Toro
08-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Expected win by The Joke. What I didn't expect to see was how easily he crushed Nadal.
Tomorrow's final has to be a great match.

GlennMirnyi
08-23-2009, 02:38 AM
:lol:

Nadull is such a weak player. He makes a struggling Faker look like the best thing since sliced bread on HC. :haha:

Can't say this result was bad.

HarryMan
08-23-2009, 02:40 AM
Always good to see Nadal lose. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

philosophicalarf
08-23-2009, 02:45 AM

Last year's meeting was a better match though - Nadal was a little tired then, as Canada champs always are at Cinci, but still had something to offer. Tonight ...... absolute zero, and gifted away all three breaks. The opening one was the sort of thing I've grown used to seeing from Seppi: look decent for a bit, then one service game a huge brainfart, a double fault and two really weak unforced errors off the forehand (and by unforced I really do mean unforced, he wasn't hitting back a ball with any pace on it). Djokovic basically was a spectator that service game, and yet got a break out of it. Very un-Nadal like.

Djokovic was deadlier last year also. The end of the match today was ......wobbly :-) Good to see him back at a fairly decent level though, even if Nadal's ultra short balls on this court couldn't have been designed better for him.

Not entirely sure, but I think we can probably write Nadal off for the US Open. Not so much cos of the result - he's never done well at Cinci, and Djokovic is efficient versus him on hard. Simply the manner in which he was unable to focus, to make any sort of consistent challenge without bad errors. That's even without mentioning the returns, which were simply laughably bad, and the weakness of the serve. Nadal's success is as much about his mental strength as anything, and tonight it was totally awol.

L James
08-23-2009, 02:50 AM
What a schooling by Djoko

HeretiC
08-23-2009, 02:56 AM
Thank you from saving me typing time. :yeah:

You are welcome. ;)

CescAndyKimi
08-23-2009, 03:00 AM
Expected result. Adje Nole

andylovesaustin
08-23-2009, 03:00 AM
Last year's meeting was a better match though - Nadal was a little tired then, as Canada champs always are at Cinci, but still had something to offer. Tonight ...... absolute zero, and gifted away all three breaks. The opening one was the sort of thing I've grown used to seeing from Seppi: look decent for a bit, then one service game a huge brainfart, a double fault and two really weak unforced errors off the forehand (and by unforced I really do mean unforced, he wasn't hitting back a ball with any pace on it). Djokovic basically was a spectator that service game, and yet got a break out of it. Very un-Nadal like.

Djokovic was deadlier last year also. The end of the match today was ......wobbly :-) Good to see him back at a fairly decent level though, even if Nadal's ultra short balls on this court couldn't have been designed better for him.

Not entirely sure, but I think we can probably write Nadal off for the US Open. Not so much cos of the result - he's never done well at Cinci, and Djokovic is efficient versus him on hard. Simply the manner in which he was unable to focus, to make any sort of consistent challenge without bad errors. That's even without mentioning the returns, which were simply laughably bad, and the weakness of the serve. Nadal's success is as much about his mental strength as anything, and tonight it was totally awol.

I agree. It bums me out, but I still agree.

kooties
08-23-2009, 03:01 AM
called it, something about Nadal lights something up in Djokovic.

nobama
08-23-2009, 03:07 AM
Thank god all the fedals don't get a hard court final in the US. God willing they won't at the US Open either.

alfonsojose
08-23-2009, 03:10 AM
Nadal's forehand is lacking depth. And Nole knew how to take care of it.

philosophicalarf
08-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Nadal's forehand is lacking depth.

That's putting it mildly :-) Some rallies he was miscuing so badly it landed halfway up the service box :eek:

I guess that's inevitable with the extreme forehand action he has, but you have to wonder why on key points he didn't just flatten it out a bit and play a push shot deep, rather than everything landing max on the service line and getting spanked back at him. Too stubborn, silly laddie......

Sunset of Age
08-23-2009, 03:19 AM
Thank god all the fedals don't get a hard court final in the US. God willing they won't at the US Open either.

You'd rather see Roger getting trashed by Djokovic tomorrow? :p
Thanks for the compliment. ;)

sawan66278
08-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Impressive display from Novak. Full credit to him for taking advantage of Rafa's defensive mindset. Rafa, time and time again, played at least three feet behind the baseline. Unlike against Berdych, where he even attempted to attack the second serve, Rafa decided to go into a defensive mode...and paid the price.

However, it just seemed to me like this match, for both guys, was like a preseason NFL matchup. Practice some things...compete at a "B" level...and try not to get hurt. Even Novak was apologizing for clear winners when there were no netcords or lucky shots.

Its obvious the guys like each other, and they know the "score". Winning this Masters shield is probably the least significant on the tour. Because, with the Open around the corner...and buys in the first round, players go into standby mode...

The match meant much more to Novak...but even he knows: beating Rafa under these conditions is not that significant. Look at last year: Rafa loses badly at the same stage, but when they meet on the biggest of stages (the Olympics...with a fast hard court), Rafa wins.

HOWEVER, if Novak wins tomorrow, he is in great shape for the Open.

One other point: neither guy really cared because they know...there's no way they can meet before the finals anyway because of the seedings.

tennizen
08-23-2009, 03:44 AM
Just watching the match. Djokovic looking very good. I think Djokovic will win tomorrow probably in straights

Skyward
08-23-2009, 03:50 AM

Impossible. Nadal will be seeded No3.

habibko
08-23-2009, 04:01 AM
Impossible. Nadal will be seeded No3.

so? they could either meet in SF or F, not impossible, 50% chance.

Skyward
08-23-2009, 04:05 AM
so? they could either meet in SF or F, not impossible, 50% chance.

Sorry, I assumed that uncle Tony has already taken care of the draw. ;) J/k .

tennizen
08-23-2009, 04:08 AM
I think that though Nadal lost here he is very close to regaining his best form. Probably will be underestimated for USO

Serenidad
08-23-2009, 04:09 AM
Wonder if Porky needs a beating along with Uncle Toni. :spit:

Kill Frauderror, please.

vamosinator
08-23-2009, 04:16 AM
This loss mirrors Nadal's comeback preparation for the 09 Australian Open-

Qatar ExxonMobil Open (1)
Jan 5-Jan 11 Hard: Quarterfinals Gael Monfils (5) L 4-6, 4-6

Burrow
08-23-2009, 04:18 AM
lmao i get back to this

Arkulari
08-23-2009, 04:22 AM
Rafa :sad: :sad: :sad:

still, it was an excellent tournament for him, he got matches under his belt :yeah:

Nole played a very very good match and with this level he can actually beat Roger tomorrow, I'm ok with that, Nole hasn't won a big tournament since the TMC last year, so maybe it's his time ;)

Laba
08-23-2009, 04:31 AM
Twas surprising to see how softly Rafa got broken on the three occasions. He's usually so solid and tenacious in fending off BPs and also digging himself out of holes like 15-30 yet he made some really poor unforced errors at times and anytime he had a half-chance against serve his returns truly pathetic. He's gonna have to fix that up and fix it well if he wishes to go deep at the USO. Once more, I'll give all credit to Nole 'cause he played damn great but whoever said Nadal's clutch factor is back appeared to speak too soon.

GlennMirnyi
08-23-2009, 04:38 AM
Nadal's forehand is lacking depth. And Nole knew how to take care of it.

Moonballing...

vamosinator
08-23-2009, 04:50 AM
Nadal should rest until the Australian Open 10 . Once he is 100% healthy , back to rip new ones

So many humiliating defeats against his pigeons after the injury :o

Good quote to use on Finals Day of the US Open :worship:

lalaland
08-23-2009, 05:06 AM
Finally, Nole played with belief, wonderful performance. Please win tomorrow.

jcempire
08-23-2009, 05:09 AM
Is Djok back??? I don't know about it now. If he wins the final that would get it confirm

But Nadal likes not ready yet and just 75%

Audacity
08-23-2009, 05:09 AM
:lol: I can't wait until Nadal loses in the US Open.

clandis
08-23-2009, 05:11 AM
I was at the match and could not believe how weak some of Nadal's shots were. He needs to be much more aggressive on hardcourts. Some of his shots were WTA quality.

vamosinator
08-23-2009, 05:11 AM
:lol: I can't wait until Nadal loses in the US Open.

Thanks awesome quote :D

Audacity
08-23-2009, 05:12 AM
No worries. Your more of a clown than Nadal himself.

MIMIC
08-23-2009, 05:14 AM
Just finished watching the ESPN2 feed.

HOLY CRAP :eek: Novak, where have you been all this time? Good to see you back playing well.

vamosinator
08-23-2009, 05:15 AM
No worries. Your more of a clown than Nadal himself.

At least I don't like Hewitt :D

Audacity
08-23-2009, 05:18 AM
He's more of a fighter than Nadal, cupcake.

MrChopin
08-23-2009, 05:23 AM
no historic set of all TMS finals for Nadal or 1st Cinci title :D

Both true, but would Nadal have beaten Fed tomorrow had he greased through tonight? Probably not, and that would have brought the H2H closer, which I care more about than "All 9 TMS finals reached."

MIMIC
08-23-2009, 05:29 AM

Yeah~~ how deluded can you be? The faker is back from what? His game have always been an atrocious match-up for Rafael. If this win really proves anything, then it only proves one thing: that fakerbitch's tennis has never gone through a slump. Fangirls nowadays all say "what's happened to Nole's game in 2009?" - this match clearly shows nothing has happened to him and he's been playing the best tennis of his career throughout the whole 2009. The matches he has lost throughout this year was due to being outplayed by improved players.

14-5

:retard:

vamosinator
08-23-2009, 05:32 AM
Too bad Djokovic couldn't beat Nadal on the ultra-fast Olympic hardcourt, a court many say is faster than Cincy. Gonzo too, failed to win a set in the best of 5 gold medal game.

DorianGray7
08-23-2009, 05:33 AM
WOOOHOOO DJOKVOIC IS BACK.

FEDERER IS FINISHED. CRUSH-crushing Defeat to FEDERER for tomorrow! Djokovic the new GOAT!

Mechlan
08-23-2009, 05:41 AM
Great first set for Djokovic, was aggressive and hitting his spots really well. Reminiscent of 2008. Tailed off in the second set, playing more like the 2009 version of himself. Got very tight there, lucky Nadal didn't have much to offer today.

Nadal was horrid for the most part, went back to his retrieving self standing miles behind the baseline. So many short balls, so many UEs for him. His serve didn't have much on it either. His fight was there, just not enough game today.

Should be an interesting final. Conditions will be quicker in the day, Federer might have a bit of a letdown after the semi also. Wouldn't be totally surprised if Djokovic took it, but on form, Roger should have the edge.

freeandlonely
08-23-2009, 05:46 AM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Huey84
08-23-2009, 05:54 AM
good luck for tomorrow Choko!! :worship:

Laba
08-23-2009, 06:05 AM
Adje.

08-23-2009, 07:08 AM
LAWL @ Nadal eating his second breadstick in a week, one breadstick from Del Choko and another from Chokovic!

Pathetic m00nballer this Nadall! Maybe he was running scared to keep that h2h against Fed lopsided? :cool:

HKz
08-23-2009, 07:09 AM
More excuses here they come.

Bargearse
08-23-2009, 07:23 AM
I thought Federer's performance was awesome, but he was eclipsed by Djokovic for sure. I can't recall ever seeing him play that well. His ground strokes were aggressive... I just wish he would have come in behind more of them. In the end I guess he just didn't have to. Great win and will surely do wonders for his confidence at the US Open. :clap2:

nanoman
08-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Well done Djoko. This should give him more confidence for the future

As for the match analysis:
Djoko BH didn't break down. He didn't choke.

It's that simple.

You can talk all day about how off Nadal is, how many stupid errors he made, his unusual sloppiness at big points etc. But really, as far as I can see, Nadal didn't play all that different than when he was having those HC successes.

Of course he'd miss more, when he has to do more than hit CC FH's. Of course his serve % is going to be lower when he actually had to mix up his serve, of course hismental strengths isn't there, when the comfortable thought of hitting CC FH could get the job done isn't there. And no, his shots doesn't land shorter than normal, it's just that his short balls usually aren't punished by the opponent's BH's.

But don't fred Nadal fans. The guy is still a huge contender for the US open title. There really aren't that many guys on the tour who can cope with Nadal CC whipper.
Nadal could easily get Simon/Roddick for the quarters, Federer for the semi, basically giving him a free ride to the final. In that, anything can happen after Super Saturday.

«Ivan»
08-23-2009, 08:03 AM
at your face mr.feldman.since you put nole avy and since you have serbian location (jebi se i ti),pls put serbian flag too.fyi,you're still pathetic looser.

still sorry for nadal.

but clydey......:haha:,what a clown.
what a clown.what a clowns murray fans...

Allez
08-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Fantastic display from Novak. He has to be the favourite after that performance.

your_valentine
08-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Novak :drool:
Good riddance to Nadal :wavey:

HattonWBA
08-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Great stuff from Novak, was always going to get to the final from the start of the week, hope he plays this way tommorow.

tea
08-23-2009, 08:37 AM
I'm a hater of both but was cheering for Novak all the match long and whatever whoever might say, he's playing fucking fantastic when he's on.:worship::D

Julio
08-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Amazins as i thought Nole would not be back at his best so quickie.
We will surely watch some good action in the final.

JediFed
08-23-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure why Nadal is considered a contender at the USO.

Roger, Murray, Djokovic, Roddick have all made finals.

norwegian_wood
08-23-2009, 09:11 AM
SO HAPPY!

Nole, I hope you are BACK! Good luck for the final and the USO.

gulzhan
08-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Good that both Djokovic and Nadal decided not to repeat the Madrid's stupidity. Get some rest before USO, Rafa! Novak should fight tonight though. After all, who knows when he'll have a chance to play against Federer next time.

zlaja777
08-23-2009, 09:16 AM
That was my man! Schooling Nadal once again on HC like last year at Cincy.

munZe konZa
08-23-2009, 09:19 AM
it was really good to see djokovic playing good once again. He can't relax now and should beat Federer now.

Horatio Caine
08-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Good result for Djokovic there, and he might just go on to win the whole thing.

Jōris
08-23-2009, 09:54 AM
I like.

lamnathalie
08-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Well done, Nole :yeah:

Deivid23
08-23-2009, 09:56 AM
about fucking time Nole. Very well played.

Great week for Rafa, we will reach USO in decent form

straitup
08-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Excellent performance from Novak! Even if Nadal is trying to find his form again, this is the kind of match that can probably get Novak out of his little funk

Vida
08-23-2009, 11:21 AM
well, we had a glance into nadals form. waaay off, the pause made a big mark. USO in out of the question I'm afraid. he really needs to completely revamp his ways and plays NOTHING except masters' and slams with a few tuneups perhaps to keep it even next season. thats it. fat chance the money people will allow any serious tour rescheduling he is craving for the most.

alter ego
08-23-2009, 11:27 AM
The most ridiculos 2nd set I've ever seen. One player was having physical problemes while the other had mental ones.
Nadal was serving WTA style at 3-5. Novak was too obsess in winning to notice. Nadal really should have tank that set for the greatter good.
Anyway very good 1st set for Novak, hope it'll be a nice final today.

Certinfy
08-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Amazing 1st set! Pretty much the same match as last year.

stebs
08-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Djokovic really hit Nadal off the court there. He didn't let Nadal attack him very often, really good depth throughout, very strong off the returns and really put Nadal under constant pressure.

Nadal's one BP was a massive point and Djokovic came up with a clean winner after a really long intense rally. Must give him a lot of confidence and that is what he needs to get back to form.

Certinfy
08-23-2009, 12:40 PM
That rally when Nadal had a BP was just :worship:

stebs
08-23-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure why Nadal is considered a contender at the USO.

He's a very good 5 set player and it always takes a big performance to beat him. He isn't the favourite but he's definately a contender. He got beaten in straights in the AO warm up by Monfils, lots wrote him off then, he won the slam. Can't write someone off because they got spanked one time.

dusan1610
08-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Bravo Nole! :worship:

sheva07
08-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Nole is not one of my favorite players, but I like to see him doing well against the top 3. He played a very good and aggresive match. Looked a bit nervous at the end of the game.

Eliande
08-23-2009, 01:38 PM
It seems to me that Djoko is back.
In such form he can do some real damage at USO.

He played so well.;)

l_mac
08-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Last week DelPo, this week Nole :hearts:

Rafa is spoiling me!

Bilbo
08-23-2009, 01:54 PM
surprising given the fact that nole was in a decline the last few months. when was the last time nole won a set 6-1? the matches he won lately have all been close.

however, we will see what Nole is made of at the US Open. it's the slam which counts not this match.

rubbERR
08-23-2009, 02:01 PM
back? he just beat out-of-sorts nadal,if he can beat federer then he is sure "back".

and dont forget that nadal best result this tournament is semifinal, this surface is not good to his game

Eden
08-23-2009, 02:03 PM
it's the slam which counts not this match.

I think this match means a lot for him considering the losses he had against Rafa, especially the one in Madrid. He often mentioned that he hasn't recovered from that epic SF. Maybe this victory against Rafa will help him to gain the selfconfidence which he didn't seemed to have lately.

FlameOn
08-23-2009, 02:18 PM
I think this match means a lot for him considering the losses he had against Rafa, especially the one in Madrid. He often mentioned that he hasn't recovered from that epic SF. Maybe this victory against Rafa will help him to gain the selfconfidence which he didn't seemed to have lately.
Well said. Nole was looking for a win like that, especially over Nadal, for a long time and he finally got it. It'll be a huge weight of his shoulders for sure. :D

Burrow
08-23-2009, 02:20 PM
dedicated to david23

"nadal you fucking animal :lol:"

stebs
08-23-2009, 02:50 PM
dedicated to david23

"nadal you fucking animal :lol:"

Deivid is also big fan of Djokovic if I remember correctly. I think he will be glad for the Serb to gain some confidence with this win.

Burrow
08-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I couldn't care less, if anything it shows he is a glory hunter.

Sapeod
08-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Yes. Thank you God. No Fedal final :woohoo: Good stuff Djokovic, and thanks for the 80k :yeah:

Langers
08-23-2009, 03:31 PM
NOVAK! :worship:

Truly stunning tennis.

Fiberlight1
08-23-2009, 04:00 PM
I couldn't care less, if anything it shows he is a glory hunter.

A person can't like Nadal and Djokovic? So much for freedom of choice:rolleyes:

Djokovic played better tonight.. There is no need for analysis. Nadal couldn't return serve and his forehand was landing short and out much more than usual. With Djokovic playing his best match in three months, the score ended up a landslide. What'd you expect?

This happened last year too and, as previously mentioned, Nadal beat Djokovic in China, where the stakes where higher, on a faster court. The court at the Olympics was like ice and even though Cincy is fast, the court at the Olympic games is more like the US Open court. All you people writing off Nadal at the US Open, remember that he is, arguably, the hardest person on tour to beat in a best of five match. He will go to the practice court, he will straighten out his game and try to get some confidence before he travels to New York City. He'll draw some mugs in the first couple of rounds in which he can use as experimental practice sessions and, believe it or not, he could still go very far into the draw, provided he gets a decent one.

Nevertheless, this is shaping up to be one of the most wide open and interesting Grand Slams in recent memory.

bizzle
08-23-2009, 04:38 PM
This is quite hilarious :lol: reading through a few pages of this thread, people are actually mocking Nadal as if they were expecting any other result :spit: but why am I not suprised?

ArgieFan
08-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Amazing Djoko!!! Now beat Federer and take the title!!!

sawan66278
08-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Again, exactly HOW MANY Novaks are there on the tour...who can play like he did tonight? Rafa defeated most of the pretenders...and that should (if the draw works out) allow him to make it to the QF of the Open. Once there, its game on...and anyone can win. He won't have to face Novak until the final...and almost any semi in a slam is a challenge.

Rafa is exactly where he needs to be...and I'm sure, he didn't fight his hardest...Why play Federer and give any more confidence when you're not at your best?

LaFuria
08-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Again, exactly HOW MANY Novaks are there on the tour...who can play like he did tonight? Rafa defeated most of the pretenders...and that should (if the draw works out) allow him to make it to the QF of the Open. Once there, its game on...and anyone can win. He won't have to face Novak until the final...and almost any semi in a slam is a challenge.

Rafa is exactly where he needs to be...and I'm sure, he didn't fight his hardest...Why play Federer and give any more confidence when you're not at your best?

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Burrow
08-23-2009, 05:39 PM
A person can't like Nadal and Djokovic? So much for freedom of choice:rolleyes:

Djokovic played better tonight.. There is no need for analysis. Nadal couldn't return serve and his forehand was landing short and out much more than usual. With Djokovic playing his best match in three months, the score ended up a landslide. What'd you expect?

This happened last year too and, as previously mentioned, Nadal beat Djokovic in China, where the stakes where higher, on a faster court. The court at the Olympics was like ice and even though Cincy is fast, the court at the Olympic games is more like the US Open court. All you people writing off Nadal at the US Open, remember that he is, arguably, the hardest person on tour to beat in a best of five match. He will go to the practice court, he will straighten out his game and try to get some confidence before he travels to New York City. He'll draw some mugs in the first couple of rounds in which he can use as experimental practice sessions and, believe it or not, he could still go very far into the draw, provided he gets a decent one.

Nevertheless, this is shaping up to be one of the most wide open and interesting Grand Slams in recent memory.

Get off my nuts.

Guy Haines
08-23-2009, 08:21 PM
This is quite hilarious :lol: reading through a few pages of this thread, people are actually mocking Nadal as if they were expecting any other result :spit: but why am I not suprised?

Yep, Nadal hate knows no bounds here. Looking at live score threads while out last night, it was genuinely funny to see how much people get off on Nadal defeats.

He's playing about how you'd expect him to play after time away, unless you have stubborn dreams about him playing like #1 immediately, ;)

I saw a preview of the US Open on Tennis Channel yesterday, and Nadal was the only player to talk negatively (said he doesn't feel comfortable out on Ashe).

Tbh I don't care if Rafa doesn't reach his prior levels. Of course I'd like it more if he did. But I'm just glad he's playing, and trust he'll figure out how to win matches and hopefully tournaments and maybe some majors again in the years to come.

Sounds like Novak played sharp last night. Not today though. I'd rate him 4th-5th at the Open, behind Federer, Del Potro, Murray, and Roddick.

freeandlonely
08-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Although Nole lost in final, this win over Nadal remains good and important for Nole.