New Haven Qualies: Vemic def. Gasquet 7-6(3), 4-6, 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New Haven Qualies: Vemic def. Gasquet 7-6(3), 4-6, 6-3

whattheheck
08-22-2009, 09:35 PM
At least Richie won 1 match. :(

Andre♥
08-22-2009, 09:36 PM
I guess Richie was playing too aggressive, considering I heard he was trying to hit the lines...

fast_clay
08-22-2009, 09:42 PM
those four time penalties reshard copped didnt help... couldnt keep his eyes off the lines...

snap out of it richie...

simplet
08-22-2009, 09:43 PM
I guess Richie was playing too aggressive, considering I heard he was trying to hit the lines...

Dude there was almost no way to fuck up such an easy joke but you managed to do it. It doesn't even mean anything.

edit : those four time penalties reshard copped didnt help... couldnt keep his eyes off the lines...

snap out of it richie...

See? That's how you do it.

bleu_cheese
08-22-2009, 09:46 PM
those four time penalties reshard copped didnt help... couldnt keep his eyes off the lines...

snap out of it richie...
Har har.

Gasquet couldn't get a rhythm on the return, and paid for it with some shaky serving in the 3rd, or so I hear.

Andre♥
08-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Dude there was almost no way to fuck up such an easy joke but you managed to do it. It doesn't even mean anything.

edit :

Who told you I was telling a joke?

I actually heard that Richie was indeed playing too aggressive. I had a person that I know on the court.

ImmzB
08-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Richie!!!

Needs 2 Play The Doubles!!

Cloudygirl
08-22-2009, 09:52 PM

edit :

:haha: nice

I bet he is going to have to get used to those jokes.

Gaudio2004
08-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Lost to Vemic? From one of the most talented youngsters in the world, to reaching the Wimbledon Semifinals, to not even being able to qualify for New Haven?

Someone write Gasquet as lost potential talent. He's lost.

njnetswill
08-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Oh dear.

Cloudygirl
08-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Lost to Vemic? From one of the most talented youngsters in the world, to reaching the Wimbledon Semifinals, to not even being able to qualify for New Haven?

He hasn't played on the tour for 4 months. Didn't pick up a racket for 3 of those. He had already played a match today and it is his first match back and he has all sorts of other stuff to worry about like the appeal, crowd, reaction, media etc.

Give the guy a break. It indicates he is nowhere near a good level yet but it doesn't mean he won't get there again.

Laba
08-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Step by step, I suppose.

Getta
08-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Hope he starts thinking of tennis in terms of energy returned on energy invested...

fast_clay
08-22-2009, 10:28 PM
where is GrosjeanTheGreat...? he'll know what to make of all this...

whattheheck
08-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Hopefully somebody else withdraws, then he can enter as lucky loser. He obviously lacks match play.

malisha
08-22-2009, 10:44 PM
expected one

Byrd
08-22-2009, 10:49 PM
To be honest, the guy has played fuck all in the last few months, wouldn't be surprised if he starts up a rivalry with Young on the challengers.

GlennMirnyi
08-22-2009, 11:07 PM

snap out of it richie...

:lol:

Good stuff.

Keep it coming.

David Kenzie
08-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Hopefully somebody else withdraws, then he can enter as lucky loser. He obviously lacks match play.

unlikely as he wasn't in the final qualifying round.

cocrcici
08-22-2009, 11:48 PM
:haha:

chowdahead25
08-23-2009, 01:04 AM
DULE!!!!
One of the best wins of his career. Hope Vemic makes the main draw! Really nice got, talked to him at some team tennis. Go get em Dule!

CooCooCachoo
08-23-2009, 01:16 AM

Uhm, you should apply some perspective to it. Learn to contextualize before judging, please.

~*BGT*~
08-23-2009, 01:29 AM
:lol:

Good stuff.

Keep it coming.

You seem to be easily entertained Gu. Still laugh at Mirka fat jokes?

rocketassist
08-23-2009, 01:36 AM

You're far more bitter with your hatred of certain players and you also take tennis results far more personally than Gu does, so what are you getting at? At least he doesn't hate players who beat his fave :shrug:

Jelena_78
08-23-2009, 01:51 AM
Dule!!! :eek: :spit:

:worship:

philosophicalarf
08-23-2009, 01:52 AM

Ouch, awful clunker joke......

What I want to see is Gasquet doing a Robbie Fowler, and celebrating by "snorting" one of the court lines :-)

Grinder
08-23-2009, 02:08 AM
Obviously GlennMirnyi doesn't have a real sense of humor or else he'd be coming up with stuff like this:

Roddick's clay court preparation blog:

Sooooooo, like dude, I woke up this morning, and Jimmy was like,

:shout: "YOU LAZY PIECE OF SHIT!!!GET YOUR SORRY ASS UP BEFORE I QUIT... Then I'll go tell Federer how to beat you."

And I was like, "Ummmm.... you need to tell him that. Dude, he's like, 11-1 against me."

:fiery: And Jimmy was all, "Who care's what the fucking record is!!!!! You can... no, you WILL beat Roger 6-0 6-0 6-0 at the FO this year. I will show you how."

And then I was like, "Dude, you never won the FO."

And Jimmy was like :timebomb: :explode: :toothy:

And I was like :speakles: :sobbing:

And Jimmy was all, "You crying? YOU CRYING???? I'LL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT!!!!!!!!

:boxing: :armed:

And I was all :bigcry:

And Jimmy was like, "You done?"

And I was like, ":tears: i guess....

And he was like, "Good, now come over here and give Daddy JC and big hug."

And then he :banghead: me and told me I was big baby and would never, like amount to anything. And then he told me I was gonna, like, win the Golden Slam in 2008. :cuckoo:

Come on Gu, pick up your game brah. :lol:

Forehander
08-23-2009, 02:14 AM
this is hilarious lol :lol:

GlennMirnyi
08-23-2009, 02:21 AM

Very.

Gasquet will be forbidden of playing in Wimbledon or he'll snort all the lines before the matches.

Obviously GlennMirnyi doesn't have a real sense of humor or else he'd be coming up with stuff like this:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Yeah man, my sense of humour stinks. :sad:

~*BGT*~
08-23-2009, 02:39 AM
You're far more bitter with your hatred of certain players and you also take tennis results far more personally than Gu does, so what are you getting at? At least he doesn't hate players who beat his fave :shrug:

I don't hate any players. I may dislike them but not totally because they have beaten my faves, although that doesn't help their cause. :) There have been several times when I've pulled for Federer and Murray and not just when they play each other. ;)

I think I was about 15 or 16 when I wrote that. Not nice of you to make fun of a wittle girl. :sad: Besides, I really shouldn't have directed that totally at him. I find the endless jokes about this just as funny as the endless jokes about Mirka's weight funny. But maybe I'm not a 20 year old male. ;)

Schu
08-23-2009, 04:47 AM
To be honest, the guy has played fuck all in the last few months, wouldn't be surprised if he starts up a rivalry with Young on the challengers.

Actually the guy hasn't even played a match for almost 4 months so pretty hard to "play fuck all in the last months" when he hasn't even played at all.

Everyone better come up with some NEW jokes for USO ...

bad gambler
08-23-2009, 04:56 AM
Guess Richie really coked...I mean choked that match away

guy in sf
08-23-2009, 07:11 AM
Great, all the predictable juvenile retards brushing on their "comedic" skills again.
So if his ranking was protected all this time why did he have to go thru the qualies?

HattonWBA
08-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Not a significant loss given he has only just come back to competitive action, will get better soon.

whattheheck
08-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Hope he gets better very soon.

simplet
08-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Very.

Gasquet will be forbidden of playing in Wimbledon or he'll snort all the lines before the matches.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Yeah man, my sense of humour stinks. :sad:

My god, you people call that wit? I've seen a lot of funny Gasquet coke jokes (even one or two that are acceptable in this thread), but those are not it. Were you even conscious when you wrote that or do your brain enters auto-pilot mode while you sleep and goes on the internet to post the most predictable, repetitive shit ever? That would explain the number of posts at least.

GlennMirnyi
08-23-2009, 08:03 AM
My god, you people call that wit? I've seen a lot of funny Gasquet coke jokes (even one or two that are acceptable in this thread), but those are not it. Were you even conscious when you wrote that or do your brain enters auto-pilot mode while you sleep and goes on the internet to post the most predictable, repetitive shit ever? That would explain the number of posts at least.

I don't know if that explains it, but one thing explains Gasquet being found with cocaine in his blood.

He's a freaking doper.

Doper.

Dopefeed.

gulzhan
08-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Normal to lose after such a long absense from the tournaments. Pity he didn't play a couple of more matches before USO.

Horatio Caine
08-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Not a good result by any means, but the guy has only just returned to competitive tennis so give him a few weeks to find some form!

Vemic is one of those weird, unpredictable players. Had his best tennis season only a couple of years ago (and he is aged over 30) and can beat some reasonable players on a good day. Would appear to have a good serve if the stats are to be believed.

EDIT - seeing as a Gasquet joke is almost mandatory as far as this thread goes...I guess that he didn't rehearse his lines prior to the match. :p

Bargearse
08-23-2009, 09:43 AM
I didn't think Gasquet was in terrific form before the doping ban, so I definitely didn't expect him to win.

Julio
08-23-2009, 09:49 AM
FFS Richard... :confused:

decrepitude
08-23-2009, 09:51 AM
So if his ranking was protected all this time why did he have to go thru the qualies?

I don't think his ranking was protected :confused:

He had to enter qualies because he didn't enter this tournament in the first place, and couldn't get a wild card.

reggie1
08-23-2009, 09:57 AM
His ranking wasn't protected as far as I understood it.
I'm trying to find something positive here but find it difficult. I know it was to be expected given everything that's happened but as a fan this is hard to stomach :sad:

oranges
08-23-2009, 10:03 AM
He's a freaking doper.

Doper.

Dopefeed.

Now that you've said it like that, it has suddenly become unequivocal truth and you're no longer a rigid, close-minded, oversimplifying twat eager primarily to vent his frustration on every possible occasion. Or not.

It will take some time to get back into the groove. It's not a bad idea to play some qualies even if he can get a WC.

whattheheck
08-23-2009, 10:54 AM
He should've entered Cincy.

Cloudygirl
08-23-2009, 11:02 AM
He should've entered Cincy.

Yeah cos getting thrashed by someone in the top 30 would have done tons for his confidence.

richie21
08-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Gasquetaires at the end of last season: "it's impossible that 2009 will be worse than 2008 for Gasquet".
They still think so?? :rolleyes:

Jōris
08-23-2009, 12:10 PM
I heard Richie dealt some heavy blows left right. At one point Richie's racket broke because of a crack.

Cloudygirl
08-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Gasquetaires at the end of last season: "it's impossible that 2009 will be worse than 2008 for Gasquet".
They still think so?? :rolleyes:

would he be in this position if he hadn't been out for 4 months?

I think not.

Funnily enough cocaine bans and injuries don't figure in anyones expectations or predictions for players.

richie21
08-23-2009, 12:28 PM
would he be in this position if he hadn't been out for 4 months?

I think not.

Funnily enough cocaine bans and injuries don't figure in anyones expectations or predictions for players.

Well,even before that drug scandal,he was having worse results than in 2008 so.....

richie21
08-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah cos getting thrashed by someone in the top 30 would have done tons for his confidence.

At least,he would have learnt a bit more things about his level than losing against a top 500 player.....

Eliande
08-23-2009, 12:35 PM
:sad:Oh my...

fast_clay
08-23-2009, 12:44 PM
What I want to see is Gasquet doing a Robbie Fowler, and celebrating by "snorting" one of the court lines :-)

if reshard had any substance, this would happen...

Cloudygirl
08-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Well,even before that drug scandal,he was having worse results than in 2008 so.....

Actually no he wasn't when he was playing, he was about the same.

sydney - 2nd round
AO - 4th round
Marseille - 2nd round
Dubai - 2nd round
Indian wells - 4th round (with a first round bye)
Miami - 2nd round (with a 1st round bye)
Monte Carlo - 3rd round (1st round bye)
Rome - 1st round

Brisbane - semis
Sydney - semis - thats an improvement
AO - 3rd round - so a round less but he lost to Gonzo who was ranked higher than the player he lost to in AO 08
Rotterdam - 1st round - I'll give you that one
Dubai - semis so an improvement.
Indian Wells - (1st round bye) 3rd round but he lost to Verdasco
Miami - we all know he didn't play that one
Monte Carlo - didn't play injured
Barcelona - ok grant you 2nd round loss to Rochus is pretty shit
Rome - 3rd round improvement on 08 and he beat your previous Tsonga who is a top tenner. Again lost to an in form Verdasco and was nursing a shoulder injury.

He certainly wasn't losing to people ranked 500 pre the whole drugs ban fiasco but of course your bias can't allow you to acknowledge that.

Burrow
08-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Well he obviously hasn't been training much, losing to Vemic, what a joke.

serveandvolley80
08-23-2009, 03:22 PM
What a shame, his talent level was on par with today's best. But we say this a lot in tennis, oh he has so much talent he just never put it together. Such a cliche statement but so true most times.

Schu
08-23-2009, 05:49 PM
What a shame, his talent level was on par with today's best. But we say this a lot in tennis, oh he has so much talent he just never put it together. Such a cliche statement but so true most times.

What really is a shame is that people around here just don't understand that raw talent does not necessarily translate into success as a professional athlete - a lot more goes into winning on the pro tour than just talent but some people (not just you)continue to harp on wasted talent and unrealistic expectations. I love Gasquet but despite his flair, talent and class, I don't see him Top 5 - I expect Top 10 for at least a few years and perhaps a few more "surprise" showings at Wimbledon but that's all - so get a grip guys. Doesn't mean I'll stop supporting him or hope for more but realistically won't expect it.

BTW-Nice to see closed minded MTFers are coming up with new juvenile cocaine jokes, the others were getting a bit too old.

fast_clay
08-23-2009, 07:04 PM
still no word from GrosjeanTheGreat...? hmm... this could have been the last straw for the big fella..

Cloudygirl
08-23-2009, 07:13 PM
still no word from GrosjeanTheGreat...? hmm... this could have been the last straw for the big fella..

I love that guy. he is the best troll on here. I hope this hasn't tipped him over the edge.

GlennMirnyi
08-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Now that you've said it like that, it has suddenly become unequivocal truth and you're no longer a rigid, close-minded, oversimplifying twat eager primarily to vent his frustration on every possible occasion. Or not.

It will take some time to get back into the groove. It's not a bad idea to play some qualies even if he can get a WC.

Are you proud of supporting a doper?

richie21
08-23-2009, 07:35 PM

If Gasquet is a doper,then he must clearly not be using very efficient products!:lol:
The guy is probably one of the worst players on the tour in term of fitness and stamina.

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Gasgirl cant even make it out of the qualies.

What a Druggie.

Cloudygirl
08-23-2009, 08:07 PM

Are you proud of being a wanker? ;)

oranges
08-23-2009, 08:07 PM

:haha: Well, let me put it this way, if he was as much of a doper as you and the one you support are tools, I wouldn't support him. God forbid using some common sense and shedding a prejudice or two, you'd have to pass an opportunity to vent some of that frustration.

Horatio Caine
08-23-2009, 10:35 PM
I love that guy. he is the best troll on here. I hope this hasn't tipped him over the edge.

No, but he might have...tripped.

GlennMirnyi
08-23-2009, 10:44 PM
If Gasquet is a doper,then he must clearly not be using very efficient products!:lol:
The guy is probably one of the worst players on the tour in term of fitness and stamina.

Tells you a lot about Gasquet's brain - or lack thereof.

Are you proud of being a wanker? ;)

:haha: Well, let me put it this way, if he was as much of a doper as you and the one you support are tools, I wouldn't support him. God forbid using some common sense and shedding a prejudice or two, you'd have to pass an opportunity to vent some of that frustration.

Little girls, a note to you: offending me isn't actually making you look better.

Feel free to support a doper and a druggie. I'd feel ashamed.

Prejudice? :lol: The guy was CAUGHT. That's not prejudice. That's doping.

Sapeod
08-23-2009, 10:46 PM

Little girls, a note to you: offending me isn't actually making you look better.

Your avatar makes me want to throw up.

GlennMirnyi
08-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Your avatar makes me want to throw up.

Your posts make me wanna bang my head on the wall until I enter a coma. :)

Sapeod
08-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Your posts make me wanna bang my head on the wall until I enter a coma. :)
Knock yourself out.

GlennMirnyi
08-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Knock yourself out.

Keep on churning out quality posts.

Arguement.

Cloudygirl
08-23-2009, 10:57 PM

:hug: of course don't let a little thing like reality get in the way of your prejudice.

The panel actually said this:-

Tribunal found the player to be a truthful and honest witness, and a man of integrity.

There is no dispute that the shoulder injury was the true reason for withdrawing from the Event. It is not suggested that the player withdrew to avoid being tested.

Tribunal rejects any suggestion that the player deliberately took cocaine. His denial of having done so was convincing and, in our judgment, completely truthfuL. In addition, the expert witnesses agreed at the hearing that the minute quantity of cocaine metabolite detected in his urine made it unlikely that this was a case of recreational use. By the end of the hearing before us, the expert witnesses were agreed that the quantity was of the order of 1 - 1 0 mg, and more likely than not towards the lower end of that range, i.e. 5 mg or less. 78. That is a very small quantity indeed. We were shown a vial containing Img of a white powder similar in appearance to cocaine. It was about the size of a single grain of refined salt. The experts also agreed that the hair analyses performed by Dr Kintz exclude the possibility that the player is a regular social user of cocaine. Professor Forrest, the expert witness called by the ITF, accepted during his evidence that recreational use was unlikely in view of the tiny quantity of cocaine metabolite found in the player's urine sample.

I must have missed reading the bit where they called him a cheat and a doper :shrug:

Sapeod
08-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Keep on churning out quality posts.

Arguement.
Stepanek sucks, Guccione is a ginger clown and Tsonga is shit.

GlennMirnyi
08-23-2009, 11:03 PM
:hug: of course don't let a little thing like reality get in the way of your prejudice.

The panel actually said this:-

I must have missed reading the bit where they called him a cheat and a doper :shrug:

What the test said is more important to me. That's he's a doper.

I couldn't care less about what the tribunal chose to believe in thanks to the money poured in lawyers and whatnot. I'm certainly not an idiot to believe poor Gasquet got cocaine in his blood by kissing a person.

Man of integrity. :haha: He corroborated a version of his story that's so pathetic only someone with no integrity could do it.

Gaudio2004
08-23-2009, 11:03 PM
This is all coming from the child who likes Schuettler.....

GlennMirnyi
08-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Stepanek sucks, Guccione is a ginger clown and Tsonga is shit.

Keep it going.

Don't complain when you get banned.

:wavey:

Cloudygirl
08-23-2009, 11:05 PM
What the test said is more important to me. That's he's a doper.

I couldn't care less about what the tribunal chose to believe in thanks to the money poured in lawyers and whatnot. I'm certainly not an idiot to believe poor Gasquet got cocaine in his blood by kissing a person.

Man of integrity. :haha: He corroborated a version of his story that's so pathetic only someone with no integrity could do it.

Of course you know far more than a panel of experts.

:worship::worship:

I will remove Richie from my sig at once. I have learnt the error of my ways and am enlightened.

Sapeod
08-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Keep it going.

Don't complain when you get banned.

:wavey:
You = http://www.smileygarden.de/smilie/Crazy/58.gif

Sapeod
08-23-2009, 11:11 PM
This is all coming from the child who likes Schuettler.....
http://www.smileygarden.de/gen/index.php?action=generate&text=DOUBLE%20ACCOUNT%20ALERT&smilienummer=vorlage55.png&size=14

Certinfy
08-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Tori and Dani <3

straitup
08-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Oh yikes...Gasquet may have come for match play or for confidence, but he didn't get very much of either

GlennMirnyi
08-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Of course you know far more than a panel of experts.

:worship::worship:

I will remove Richie from my sig at once. I have learnt the error of my ways and am enlightened.

They're not paying me.

Cloudygirl
08-23-2009, 11:50 PM
They're not paying me.

So he paid a whole host of witnesses and experts to lie for him?

No offence to Richie but he just isn't that good. He doesn't have that kind of earning capacity even with his sponsor. Head and Shoulders ad campaigns just don't pay that kind of cash. I don't see him winning a slam anytime soon and neither does anyone else so where would he get the resources from.

Bribing the worlds foremost toxicology experts and lawyers wouldn't come cheap.

Just keep clutching at those straws.

Albop
08-24-2009, 12:24 AM
http://www.smileygarden.de/gen/index.php?action=generate&text=DOUBLE%20ACCOUNT%20ALERT&smilienummer=vorlage55.png&size=14

Ditto for you.

Serenidad
08-24-2009, 01:13 AM

No offence to Richie but he just isn't that good. He doesn't have that kind of earning capacity even with his sponsor. Head and Shoulders ad campaigns just don't pay that kind of cash. I don't see him winning a slam anytime soon and neither does anyone else so where would he get the resources from.

No, but the tribunal was heavily influenced by the French Tennis Federation which did get him off imo.

GlennMirnyi
08-24-2009, 03:37 AM

Yeah. Are you that naïve?

Schu
08-24-2009, 04:17 AM

For the millionth time PLEASE explain how a ONE time positive test of cocaine in the quantity of a GRAIN of SALT and a hair test that showed NO TRACE of cocaine means he is a doper? Just how could he have enhanced his performance or even gotten the least bit high on such a microscopic amount? Oh that's right - he paid off the drug testing laboratories like he paid off the 3 members of the tribunal and toxicology experts :rolleyes: Oh no wait - it was the French Federation that risked its relationship with the ITF to get off a player who has pissed them off and disappointed them numerous times - get a grip - he isn't worth it to them.

fast_clay
08-24-2009, 04:35 AM
i hope the spell actually has him finally turn himself into a contender... probably needed a bit of a kick in the guts to give his stalling career a lift...

GlennMirnyi
08-24-2009, 05:12 AM
For the millionth time PLEASE explain how a ONE time positive test of cocaine in the quantity of a GRAIN of SALT and a hair test that showed NO TRACE of cocaine means he is a doper? Just how could he have enhanced his performance or even gotten the least bit high on such a microscopic amount? Oh that's right - he paid off the drug testing laboratories like he paid off the 3 members of the tribunal and toxicology experts :rolleyes: Oh no wait - it was the French Federation that risked its relationship with the ITF to get off a player who has pissed them off and disappointed them numerous times - get a grip - he isn't worth it to them.

Using drugs is forbidden. Therefore, if drug was found in his blood, he's a doper.

oranges
08-24-2009, 06:26 AM
Gu insisting on enlightening us :lol: Give it up man, we cannot reach those high levels :lol:

habibko
08-24-2009, 06:40 AM
I came to know more about the match, and I sure got what I wanted......

Cloudygirl
08-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Oh no wait - it was the French Federation that risked its relationship with the ITF .

thats because he is the saviour of french tennis ..... oh wait it isn't 2006 anymore.

Of course they wouldn't risk it.

Sapeod
08-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Ditto for you.
Hope you like the colour red :D

Oh and no. I'm not a double account. Better luck next time :wavey:

guy in sf
08-26-2009, 02:28 AM
His ranking wasn't protected as far as I understood it.
I'm trying to find something positive here but find it difficult. I know it was to be expected given everything that's happened but as a fan this is hard to stomach :sad:

Isn't there something seriously wrong with this system and their rules?
The guy was banned for 4 months while they were trying to figure out if he did anything wrong or not and the verdict came back innocent and they still didn't even protect his ranking? So he lost his ranking, some money, ability to play 2 slams and other tournaments and any momentum or confidence he ever had and all this happened under the ASSUMPTION that he was guilty from the start? It's like them saying to him we don't know if you are guilty or innocence but because we are a huge powerful organization and you're just one little player we're going to fuck you up as much as we can for 4 months...because we can.
That is one fucked up system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Who the fuck wrote these rules?

JimmyV
08-26-2009, 04:22 AM
Isn't there something seriously wrong with this system and their rules?
The guy was banned for 4 months while they were trying to figure out if he did anything wrong or not and the verdict came back innocent and they still didn't even protect his ranking? So he lost his ranking, some money, ability to play 2 slams and other tournaments and any momentum or confidence he ever had and all this happened under the ASSUMPTION that he was guilty from the start? It's like them saying to him we don't know if you are guilty or innocence but because we are a huge powerful organization and you're just one little player we're going to fuck you up as much as we can for 4 months...because we can.
That is one fucked up system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Who the fuck wrote these rules?

Yeah the rules are pretty disgusting. I'm amazed that no players have rallied together and done something to get them changed or at least draw attention to the extreme injustice at work.

why,marat,why?
08-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Yeah the rules are pretty disgusting. I'm amazed that no players have rallied together and done something to get them changed or at least draw attention to the extreme injustice at work.

A petition is in order I dare say. Or, at least, a slew of livid e-mails should be sent to the ATP.

Lourdes
08-26-2009, 05:47 AM
Hmm. Nothing's changed.

goatian
08-26-2009, 11:58 AM
So you are basically complaining while he should have been banned for 2 years :lol:

A doper shouldn't be defended.

Davodus
08-26-2009, 12:19 PM
great first post :rolleyes:

guy in sf
08-27-2009, 07:39 AM
So you are basically complaining while he should have been banned for 2 years :lol:

A doper shouldn't be defended.

If he's really a doper, how has he been able to test NEGATIVE all the times before the last test? What planet are you living on? Seriously all this talk about him being a habitual user of drugs is even crazier than the fucked up right wing nutjobs in the US who are claiming that Obama is not an American citizen. Please go and grow a brain especially one that has a decent amount of basic logic and common sense!

goatian
08-27-2009, 09:44 AM
If he's really a doper, how has he been able to test NEGATIVE all the times before the last test? What planet are you living on? Seriously all this talk about him being a habitual user of drugs is even crazier than the fucked up right wing nutjobs in the US who are claiming that Obama is not an American citizen. Please go and grow a brain especially one that has a decent amount of basic logic and common sense!

Almost all dopers are called such for one test so no double standard for Mr Gasquet.

Once a doper, always a doper.