Cincinnati SF: Federer schools "MM King" Murray 6-2 7-6(8) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Cincinnati SF: Federer schools "MM King" Murray 6-2 7-6(8)

Pages : [1] 2

LinkMage
08-22-2009, 07:41 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

What happened to the Hard Court GOAT?

Attacking tennis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pushing

habibko
08-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Ladies, Gentlemen and Simon Reed, I present to you, the REAL #1.

barely avoiding a breadstick in the first set, Fed went all out on Murray with a spectacular aggressive gameplan that Murray simply had no answer for, so much for Murray having Fed's number in best of three sets, we all know Fed has no problems dealing with Murray if he is on the top of his game and clear between the ears (he doesn't even need to play his best lol), we saw it in the USO and we saw it again today, brilliant performance Roger :worship: no chance for Murray the tactical pusher :devil:

the TB was a little dangerous though :unsure:

hopefully the hype will subside for a while now :lol:

Fiberlight1
Boring match. Murray played like shit, so did Federer.

Some good shots here and there, but overall, no thanks.

Xristos
Yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roddickominator
LOL@Murray being the best hardcourter in the world

Fed was just way too strong today. He was crushing the ball too much for Murray to push and get into rhythm like he usually does. Really domination by Fed the whole match. Murray served much better in the 2nd set, hence the tiebreak.

Awesome play and tactics from Federer. Was covering the crosscourt on all Murray passing attempts.....was feeding Murray some heavy balls back down the middle of the court where Murray would have to create more angle(an effective play against a guy who likes to push and shies away from creating his own angles and offense).

Good to see real, powerful, aggressive tennis win today.

Chiakifug
Murrays behaviour in the tie break and at the end :spit:

Fed read Reed's article. :)

bokehlicious
:)

neme6
federer playing like shit? are you kidding lol

Lebeuf
08-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Federer destroyed him.
Even without his first serve he was crushing him badly.
Murray = Fraud

Clydey
Schools? The second set TB was won 10-8. Get a clue.

Very good performance from Federer. Murray didn't turn up until the second set. And even then, his return didn't show up. No BPs created in the entire match. At least he can rest up a couple of days earlier for the US Open.

Andre♥
People talk about Safina, but Murray as a #1 would be an even bigger joke! :lol:

Offer a point at 6-6 on TB, double fault to lose the match, absolutely no first serves in, absolutely ridiculous performance :haha:

dam0dred
Me likey. :)

bizzle
08-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Tired. Rest up for the big one, Andy :)

NadalSharapova
Federer will get ***** in the final if nadal is not injured

Byrd
FFS Muzza, why is it whenever I put money on you, you always fucking lose...???

Credit to Big Nose for not shitting himself in the tiebreak and throwing away the lead like he usually does.

petar_pan
nice, nice

Burrow
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8995610&postcount=56

:hatoff:

Gaudio2004
Fed just the superior player; he didn't even play well but it was well enough to beat Murray. This is true tennis - when they meet up, attacking tennis will ALWAYS beat defensive, boring tennis.

rocketassist
Great second set I thought. Both players really stepped it up after a shit first set.

Fed had the mental edge in the crunch sudden death. Bad for Murray that he lost it in a DF. Letting Fed smack a return winner made more sense.

Link, shut it.

chenx15
I can definitely say this is the preview for the USO.

ClaudiuS
Federer's fh strokes at the start of the TB were just really good stuff.

Vamos Fedmug :worship: Get the title.

connectolove
Hurray for Federer!!!!!!

Now Nadal for the final!!!!

Jaz
Federer played brilliantly. Strong serving. Forehand nice :)

Murray, crazy. Double fault. Returns shambolic. Too passive

Great interesting game....

l_mac

Very good performance from Federer. Murray didn't turn up until the second set. And even then, his return didn't show up. No BPs created in the entire match. At least he can rest up a couple of days earlier for the US Open.

About 20 hours more rest :yeah:

«Ivan»
08-22-2009, 07:45 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

What happened to the Hard Court GOAT?

Attacking tennis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pushing

i love you lm,the best comment ever.

dedicated to jkay:worship:

Cloudygirl
Pains me to say this but Federer was amazing tonight.

Clydey

barely avoiding a breadstick in the first set, Fed went all out on Murray with a spectacular aggressive gameplan that Murray simply had no answer for, so much for Murray having Fed's number in best of three sets, we all know Fed has no problems dealing with Murray if he is on the top of his game and clear between the ears (he doesn't even need to play his best lol), we saw it in the USO and we saw it again today, brilliant performance Roger :worship: no chance for Murray the tactical pusher :devil:

What a moron. :lol:

Federer wins one match and all of a sudden you change your tune. Federer played well and Murray played rubbish. I guess Federer was trying in this one, but didn't try in the 6 he lost? :rolleyes:

Burrow

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH BYE BYE MUGGAY YOU WHINER BYE BYE HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

ClaudiuS
Murray was such a moron by asking that challenge in the TB :haha:

siddy

If Rafa loses, he'll be injured, right?

angry1

Murray got beaten comprehensively by the better player.If you count this as proof of anything, Madrid and the other 2 masters series wins have to count for Murray,though.

Which of the 2 games Murray won in the 1st set did he barely win?

The hold to 15 or the one to love?

Acer
Someone's been put back into their place.

«Ivan»
Hurray for Federer!!!!!!

:haha:
love optimists

your_valentine
08-22-2009, 07:46 PM
26-21 in winners to UEs for Federer. That's how you play tennis :drool: Win the title :kiss:

ImmzB
hahahahha Murray!

DorianGray7
Everyone wrote off Federer saying he was finished. Federer had no chance, and that Murray would destroy him. I couldn't count the number of pro-Murray threads if I had 20 fingers on MTF. Look who's laughing now.

From the bottom of my heart, I say this to Murry Fanboys.

SUCK IT. :wavey:

Voo de Mar
They have played 3 tie-breaks and in each of them Federer saved setpoint before won.

el tenista
Too late.

Certinfy
And people thought Berdych's performance yesterday was bad...

«Ivan»
Someone's been put back into their place.

slamless ugliness itself.

Bilbo
08-22-2009, 07:47 PM
attacking tennis will ALWAYS beat defensive, boring tennis.

really? your formula doesn't work for nadal

offense wins matches but defense wins championships

NadalSharapova
If Rafa loses, he'll be injured, right?

no

rocketassist
They have played 3 tie-breaks and in each of them Federer saved setpoint before won.

Four, Murray grabbed the one in Shanghai.

I don't think this match proved anything other than when they're both playing to a high level like they were in the second set (bar Murray's return game) it could be a close contest at the Open.

«Ivan»
08-22-2009, 07:48 PM

why?murray played his best tennis.3 winners per match.

tennis?

Jōris
Murray's mind is already in New York, which explains the first set against Benneteau and now Federer.

ballbasher101
Federer played well today. When Federer's forehand fires like it did at times today he is mighty tough to beat. As for Muzza, rest up son as you have a big three weeks ahead of you.

tennizen
First set brilliant from Fed. Murray never looked into the match. I think this loss was due and necessary for Murray if he wants to do well in the USopen

rocketassist
Any stats?

bluefork
Watching the Federer/Ferrer match on Thursday, I was wondering why I ever liked watching Fed play at all. Then I watch a match like this and I remember. :)

Bargearse
Federer played great today. The way he smashed that lob towards the end of the 1st set was excellent as was the correct challenge on set point. Federer is known not to like the challenge system, but at times like that, he must definitely appreciate it.

Too passive from Murray, poor display... definitely not befitting of a world number 2. For shame.

Sunset of Age
GM is going to be a real ugly place for the coming hours... :scared: :tape: :help: :tape:

Poor performance by Murray, a very good one by Feds.
Strangely enough, both players' 1st serve wasn't working at all, but Murray failed to take advantage of that as his ROS was absymal today.

Very glad Roger managed to win that second set TB, I surely think Murray would have come back strong in the 3rd if he hadn't - possibly turning around this match like he's done so often against Federer before.
Fortunately, it didn't happen.

HALF of the job done for today, yayyyy!!!
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/wavecrowd.gif http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/wavecrowd.gif http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/wavecrowd.gif

rhinooooo
08-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Great match from Fed. His last two matches against Rafa and Murray, he has finally come in with a solid gameplan and stuck to it.

Muzza should be happy keeping the 2nd set close despite not being completely at his best. It's good for him to realise that there are players out there who won't shit their pants against him. He'll need to play a great match with some aggression to beat a top gun and win a slam.

Chiseller
Not a bad performance considering it was only a masters event.
The real #1 is obviously focusing on the US Open.

Gaudio2004

I'd say it's the other way around, you can win a match by being defensive, but it's by being offensive that you take out all kinds of players - s&v, counter punchers, attacking baseliners, etc, you hit to their weaknesses with power, and this is what has made Federer win 15.

scoobs
Not really a surprise given the Benneteau match. Murray tried to dredge up a decent performance out of himself and almost succeeded in that second set, but Roger had enough to see it done, although he let it drag on a bit in that second set tiebreak.

Murray very poor on return of serve today - I think that hurt him more than anything else.

freeandlonely
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssss

Fedexex
welldone Roger:woohoo::inlove:

Smasher
Good performance from Federer :yeah:
It's been tough for you recently, hasn't it?

Burrow
stupid dream: "murray is gone to take this set, folks"

hmmmm, nah.

Bilbo

fuck off already with your berdych obsession

HKz
08-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Murray wasn't playing his absolute best, but Federer's forehand was played quite solidly today, especially in the first set even though Murray did drop a bit short. LOL @ Federer's mishit backhand winner for the first set and LOL @ Murray's stopping play challenge of Federer's serve near the end of the tiebreak. Bring it on Novak.

madmax
yup, Fed took all these Mickey Mouse loses earlier personally and finally schooled this pusher clown...about the time, maybe that ridiculous hype will cool down a bit. And oh, Simon Reed, you can suck it up too:bowdown:

kinski76
Good win for Roger, even if it wasn't necessary. It can't hurt his confidence, going into the Open :D

rocketassist
Murray wasn't that passive at all in the 2nd set :shrug: shows how so few people have a clue about what they're watching.

Sunset of Age
Hurray for Federer!!!!!!

I have a good feeling about that. ;)

Gandalf
08-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Federer tried to choke in the tiebreak, but Murray decided to do it first. Nice that the head-to-head is a bit more even, it also makes things more interesting.

Byrd
Muzza obviously tanked the match, so he can get ready physically and mentally for the most prestigous tournament of the year, New Haven.

BigJohn
Simon says:

On August 2009 form, Murray is the favourite for the US Open for no other reason than that he is currently the best player in the world.

So if Federer beat the real #1, that must mean he is the real #1...

«Ivan»
Murray wasn't that passive

:drool:

Voo de Mar
Four, Murray grabbed the one in Shanghai.

Yes, Federer saved setpoint in all tie-breaks which has won.

Gaudio2004
GM is going to be a real ugly place for the coming hours... :scared: :tape: :help: :tape:

Poor performance by Murray, a very good one by Feds.
Strangely enough, both players' 1st serve wasn't working at all, but Murray failed to take advantage of that as his ROS was absymal today.

Very glad Roger managed to win that second set TB, I surely think Murray would have come back strong in the 3rd if he hadn't - possibly turning around this match like he's done so often against Federer before.
Fortunately, it didn't happen.

HALF of the job done for today, yayyyy!!!
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/wavecrowd.gif http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/wavecrowd.gif http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/wavecrowd.gif

Are you sure you're that happy for Federer? You certainly weren't rooting for him during the match when it was live.

Murray is gonna take this set, folks.
Feds much too tentative right now.

Very convincing serve game from Murray.
No doubt about it, he's not going to continue that slugfest of the first set.

If Fed keeps on missing his 1st serve, yes. There will come a point where Muzza will take advantage of that I suppose.

6-2.

what a challenge! :eek: :eek: :eek:

well I guess we'll see the REAL Murray enter the court now...

Is it possible to be wrong 4/5 times in a row?

barbadosan
08-22-2009, 07:52 PM

Guess Fed must have a great mix of the two then since he's won 15 GS :)

HeretiC
I said after yesterday match that same Murray will lose in straights, but to be honest despite the correct score this wasn't the same Murray.
I missed a few first games, but I have no objections on Murray game afterward. The problem is that he is playing passive retrieving game against all of the tour in almost every match, and when he needs to lift his game to play aggressive like this he is not sharp enough to pull it through and he makes errors. Before this match I could have sworn that he has zero chances to beat Federer in a slam, but now I am convinced that he can do it, but only if he sharpens this kind of game against other players on regular basis. If he goes back to his passive retrieving shit he will fail to deliver in another slam.
Very solid from Federer, when he saw that he is losing control in the baseline rallies, he did what he had to do, mixed it with approaches and net game.

Sunset of Age
Not really a surprise given the Benneteau match. Murray tried to dredge up a decent performance out of himself and almost succeeded in that second set, but Roger had enough to see it done, although he let it drag on a bit in that second set tiebreak.

We had the same feeling about Fed's chances yesterday, I remember well. ;)

Murray very poor on return of serve today - I think that hurt him more than anything else.

Agree 100%. It was absymal and the key to his loss here.

q.j.
Master's prelude of what is to come at USO

:inlove:

rocketassist
:drool:

Most of the time in set two he was trying to dominate the point, it's not like Fed's defence is shabby though is it? :lol:

elessar
About 20 hours more rest :yeah:
That's probably gonna be the difference between the big W and the little l, Linda.

pica_pica
08-22-2009, 07:53 PM
:secret: Didn't plan to watch this at all, thought Murray will streamroll past Roger.........but I'm SOOOOOOO HAPPY NOW!!!!!! Lucky I checked the scoreboard and see 6-2, and decided I should sacrifice some sleep to cheer on Roger :angel:

Roger!!! :kiss: :woohoo: Thanks so much for ensuring a pressure-free final for me :yeah: And congratulations on finally beating Murray!!!!! :bounce: :D

Murray :hug:

And..........:nerner: :ras: #$^*()(&!!#&* British commentators

«Ivan»
stupid dream: "murray is gone to take this set, folks"

hmmmm, nah.

as always folks.she knows best.amateur.

Sunset of Age
Are you sure you're that happy for Federer? You certainly weren't rooting for him during the match when it was live.

Maybe you should try and learn to distinguish between 'objectively commenting on a match' and 'cheering for'.

Fedtard.

fnuf7
08-22-2009, 07:54 PM
:banana: :worship:

To be fair though I totally expected Murray to win this. Thought Roger would either be a total error machine & be done in straight sets or he'd play well for a set & a half & then lose it somehow like he has done numerous times against Murray in 3 setters. So glad to be proven wrong :bounce:

Lovely result :)

Corey Feldman
08-22-2009, 07:54 PM
well done Fedgod

as for Muzza, good week for the kid and be prepared for better in N.Y :yeah:

«Ivan»
08-22-2009, 07:55 PM
That's probably gonna be the difference between the big W and the little l, Linda.

devil's back:bolt:

DorianGray7
This entire month everyone was saying Murray was literally the second coming and every random person posting up articles about Murray being the real No. 1 and how he will win the US Open and Cincinnati.

At the same time all the Murray fanboys were talking about how Federer was finished for good and how he will never win another match against Murray or ever win another Grand Slam.

Did all the Nadal fanboys and Fed Haters from earlier this year all jump on to the Murray Fan-wagon? or is it all the people from the UK and Canada that are being blind nationalists supporting Murray? :(

Then just now Federer just crushed Murray in 2 straight sets. :confused:

Is Men Tennis Forum a example of groupthink gone wrong?

amonb
6-3 now. Fed's getting closer!!! Rafa's taking this title!!!

rhinooooo
Murray wasn't that passive at all in the 2nd set :shrug: shows how so few people have a clue about what they're watching.

Yep, that's why the set was very good to watch. I hope their next few matches are played in the same way as that.

Gaudio2004
Maybe you should try and learn to distinguish between 'objectively commenting on a match' and 'cheering for'.

Fedtard.

I like you how you ignored the second part of my post (aka the part you still have to explain but will not)

I'm not a fan of Federer (look at my username on who I support), I just prefer attacking tennis to pushing. Who doesn't?

KarlyM
For a match between the #1 and #2, this was awfully boring. :zzz: The serving in the 1st set was garbage! :lol: Fed was hitting some real nice winners though. Where the hell did Muzza go? What's his excuse? --> tired? tanked? Fed was way too good? PMS...? :lol: If they meet up again at the USO, hopefully the match will be a lot better than this one. :)

«Ivan»
08-22-2009, 07:56 PM
well done Fedgod

as for Muzza, good week for the kid and be prepared for better in N.Y :yeah:

next excuse please.you....:tape:

elessar
Murray got beaten comprehensively by the better player.If you count this as proof of anything, Madrid and the other 2 masters series wins have to count for Murray,though.

Which of the 2 games Murray won in the 1st set did he barely win?

The hold to 15 or the one to love?
My guess would be the one where he came back from love-40.

norwegian_wood
Murrays behaviour in the tie break and at the end :spit:

What did he do?

Howard
How many times has Fed been dead and buried around here then come back to life? He makes Jesus look like a one-time amateur.

Black Adam
Sky sports said yesterday during the federer vs hewitt that they didn't see anything that would be enough to beat Federer. Lol. I don't like the Federer nation but thanks for exposing that so called smart pusher.

elessar
devil's back:bolt:
I thought the devil was Linda or at least JM :awww:?

JMG
08-22-2009, 07:58 PM
How is a 7-6(8) against a horrible opponent so great? :confused:

samanosuke
hahahahhahahaahhahaha , the GOAT is still here . "mugray is true number one" , hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha , mugray get a lesson of tennis .There could be only ONE , and that one definitely is not mugray , Roger thnx for saving tennis

habibko

Federer wins one match and all of a sudden you change your tune. Federer played well and Murray played rubbish. I guess Federer was trying in this one, but didn't try in the 6 he lost? :rolleyes:

hey I don't appreciate you calling me a moron, respect plz, thank you very much :cool:

yep, Murray played rubbish to lose USO final, played rubbish to lose today, he always plays rubbish to lose to Federer, Roger's attacking gameplan and brilliant performance had NOTHING to do with how Murray played today? and you call me a bigger fanboy than you are? :haha: :haha:

shame your boy couldn't push his way to victory again, let's hope he will do that again one day :hug:

Bargearse
I'm surprised when posters dispute Murray's passive game.:scratch: There were glimpses of aggression here and there, but never sustained enough today to do any damage whatsoever.

Murray probably expected FedERROR to show up. Fortunately the REAL Federer turned up with his forehand.

Mechlan
08-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Nice job Roger. Good movement, good attacking tennis, great second serve placement.

Murray didn't get any rhythm until midway through the second. Couple of brainfarts like that challenge in the tiebreak and double faulting on MP, but that was also partially due to the second serve return pressure from Fed. Looking forward to a potential rematch at the USO. I feel that whoever lost this match would have the edge if they met in NY.

Laba
08-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Too good from Roger today, too good.

I expected this result as it was really about time that Fed put two good sets together outside of a grand slam against Murray.

:eek: @ all of Fed's fanatics who predicted that Murray would win this in 3 for a host of reasons yet have suddenly never lost any belief or confidence in their man and his chances of victory. A former coach of mine whom I still talk to pretty much cites the "he didn't care about it" excuse for Fed whenever he loses a match outside a GS so it's good to see he's finally started caring now. :devil:

Clydey
08-22-2009, 08:01 PM
hey I don't appreciate you calling me a moron, respect plz, thank you very much :cool:

yep, Murray played rubbish to lose USO final, played rubbish to lose today, he always plays rubbish to lose to Federer, Roger's attacking gameplan and brilliant performance had NOTHING to do with how Murray played today? and you call me a bigger fanboy than you are? :haha: :haha:

shame your boy couldn't push his way to victory again, let's hope he will do that again one day :hug:

You're a hypocrite, mate. When Murray beats Federer, you make out that it means nothing. When Federer beats Murray, you make out that Federer decided to try for a change.

Murray played a decent second set, but it was his return that let him down. Federer had 38% first serves in that first set. Murray didn't create one BP or even get to deuce. If you want to think that's a stellar performance from Murray, go on deluding yourself.

Certinfy
08-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Djokovic better win now :D

Nidhogg
08-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Well shit, now how will the final turn out?

HKz
08-22-2009, 08:03 PM
MTF has always been an example of many fallacies, but seeing that you are a newer member here, that is what MTF feeds on.

Statistically though, aside from the Australian Open, since last year's Montreal, Murray has been a very successful player on hardcourts which is why he has garnered all this hype.

Roddickominator
08-22-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm surprised when posters dispute Murray's passive game.:scratch: There were glimpses of aggression here and there, but never sustained enough today to do any damage whatsoever.

Murray probably expected FedERROR to show up. Fortunately the REAL Federer turned up with his forehand.

Yea, Murray was pushing like he always does. Once he woke up from the shellacking of a first set that Roger laid on him....he started pushing to the Federer backhand most of the time. This obviously worked a bit better, but Rog was running around backhands and putting it deep and heavy with either a winner or a shot back down the middle of the court....which Murray refused to attack.

Andi-M
08-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Important loss for Murray. Hasn't played well since Wimbledon, had flashes of briliance in Montreal but on the whole was below par, and now here in Cincy didnt play well at all.

At least now he knows he needs to make a few changes had he won here it might have given him false confidence that his game dosent need workwhen it does.

Fed played well, looking good.

neenah
08-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Lovely to see Federer playing like this vs. Murray.

feuselino
Man I love it when he steps it up on the return!!

Corey Feldman
next excuse please.you....:tape:
shut up you little queen :o

maybe when Nole wins a tms title again you can talk

abraxas21
08-22-2009, 08:06 PM
murray didn't even get a break point opportunity lol

Skyward
How many times has Fed been dead and buried around here then come back to life? He makes Jesus look like a one-time amateur.

Fed is not a goat, he's a phoenix

http://thm-a01.yimg.com/image/64e774185fe720be

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_(mythology)

"A phoenix is a mythical bird with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends. It has a 500 to 1,000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of myrrh twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again."

MrChopin
Federer played well today, best since Madrid F, and was hitting with confidence on the FH. He didn't give Pushay a lot to work with and then moved in for the kill. Good tactics. However, he needs to improve some more if he is to have a chance against Nadal and at USO. First serve % too low and his BH is still rather inconsistent.

Murray needs to work on his offense and on taking the initiative. The one 30-30 point he played was amazing, hitting that CC FH for the winner, so he can do it. Too often he looked indecisive from the back when given no angle. His serving was ultra clutch in key moments though, 8 aces in the second set confirming that, and he had a number of deuce-side second serves up the T that Fed couldn't get back.

guga2120
08-22-2009, 08:07 PM
That was the was the worse hc match Murray, has played all year. He was nervous as hell, throughout. Pathetic, Andy.

And the arrogant Swiss, gets through to another final.:(

Har-Tru
08-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Great change of tactic by Fed, charging and taking the initiative. If he does that, especially on these courts, Murray will rarely have the weapons to beat him.

saniapower
coming up final
Federer vs Nadal :woohoo:

DorianGray7
I realize Murray is a very good player and I saw him beat Del Protro last week, but the "Second Coming" and the Murray is the real GOAT was really just too much.

Andy also lost at Wimbledon to the real Andy. I mean, he's good but is he "great"? Personally, I feel that he is on a similar lv. to Djoker in his prime.

If Andy wasn't such a brash aggressive rude person I would feel better about cheering for him. Right now I'd prefer Roger, Roddick, Nadal, and even Simon before Murray.

tangerine_dream
That challenge by Murray in the TB was the muggiest challenge ever. :lol: What a brainfart.

I'm proud of Roddick, he actually showed FedGoat how to beat Murray. :worship:

Next semi several hours from now. :retard: Fucked up Cincy scheduling, way to give one semifinalist a huge advantage over the other in the final tomorrow. No, no favoritism employed here. None.

Labamba
good stuff from Rog :yeah:

Murray had no answers today

habibko
You're a hypocrite, mate. When Murray beats Federer, you make out that it means nothing. When Federer beats Murray, you make out that Federer decided to try for a change.

Murray played a decent second set, but it was his return that let him down. Federer had 38% first serves in that first set. Murray didn't create one BP or even get to deuce. If you want to think that's a stellar performance from Murray, go on deluding yourself.

delusional, moron, and now hypocrite, the list of Clydey's name calling to me goes on and on and on, but I forgive you, it hurts right now I know :hug:

Murray wasn't good enough to win today when Fed REALLY cared about this match and played like it with a brilliant gameplan.

if you didn't enjoy the style Fed played with today on his way to victory and prefer Murray's tactical pushing over it, man I really feel bad for you....

Ilovetheblues_86
08-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Great Job Federer, I like Murray more than you, but was cheering for you.
Now win it all. Don´t lose to NADAL, specially.

amonb
08-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Right now I'd prefer Roger, Roddick, Nadal, and even Simon before Murray.Oh no... it hurts when you say that!!!

Gaudio2004
08-22-2009, 08:10 PM

How many times have I told you to not be deluded by statistics and numbers, in the first set, when the rallies were happening; Federer was just pulverising Murray with his forehand, that doesn't necessarily mean Murray played bad, it just means Federer's forehand was working well today (in the first set anyway). I don't think Murray played too bad in the second set, but Federer of course, was just the superior player.. how many times have we said that about him?

Sapeod

No offense Habib but he's already done that six times already.

And didn't Federer play badly in all of his losses? What with mono, bad back etc.

Damn, these two sure can't play their best at the same time, can they.

Ivanatis
:yeah: same in three weeks please

Bargearse
Yea, Murray was pushing like he always does. Once he woke up from the shellacking of a first set that Roger laid on him....he started pushing to the Federer backhand most of the time. This obviously worked a bit better, but Rog was running around backhands and putting it deep and heavy with either a winner or a shot back down the middle of the court....which Murray refused to attack.

It's true that continually going to Federer's backhand has paid dividends for many players in the past, but on some of those occasions, Federer was running around too many backhands and missing the forehand.

Today, that wasn't happening. Federer seemed to have all the time in the world to hit the junk Murray was throwing at him.

rafa the best
08-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Murray was terrible, he couldn't play his usual game of returning every ball, is he tired or injured????

Corey Feldman
Fucked up Cincy scheduling, way to give one semifinalist a huge advantage over the other in the final tomorrow. No, no favoritism employed here. None.oh shut up Djokonadal tard

only favoritism has been Nadal playing every night match

Certinfy
Probz tired after Montreal...

delpiero7
Federer will tank the final if Nadal wins tonight, just so Murray loses his no. 2 ranking. ;)

elessar
That challenge by Murray in the TB was the muggiest challenge ever. :lol: What a brainfart.

I'm proud of Roddick, he actually showed FedGoat how to beat Murray. :worship:

Fucked up Cincy scheduling, way to give one semifinalist a huge advantage over the other in the final tomorrow. No, no favoritism employed here. None.
Must be tough for Rogi to know the nr3 and 4 are considered better entertainment than him and were thus given the night match, I agree.

Clydey
08-22-2009, 08:12 PM
delusional, moron, and now hypocrite, the list of Clydey's name calling to me goes on and on and on, but I forgive you, it hurts right now I know :hug:

Murray wasn't good enough to win today when Fed REALLY cared about this match and played like it with a brilliant gameplan.

if you didn't enjoy the style Fed played with today on his way to victory and prefer Murray's tactical pushing over it, man I really feel bad for you....

I don't mind that Fed won the match. What bugs me is you suggesting that Federer only cares when he wins. If he loses, it's automatically a tank. How can you not see how delusional that is?

Bilbo
Next semi several hours from now. :retard: Fucked up Cincy scheduling, way to give one semifinalist a huge advantage over the other in the final tomorrow. No, no favoritism employed here. None.

fuck these organizers

tennizen

i.

You are so deluded its not funny anymore

Modetopia
Cold stone Fed beat Bloody Murray:cool:

tangerine_dream
08-22-2009, 08:13 PM
oh shut up Djokonadal tard

only favoritism has been Nadal playing every night match
Murray lost. Mikey has a sad. :hug:

Quadruple Tree

It's been a long time since the Scots have had anything to cheer about sporting wise. At this point, they would cheer for anyone that has a chance to win anything.

Or Levy
No one talking about Roger's post match interview with ESPN?

They asked him whether he'll watch the Djoko-Rafa match, and he replied "I'll watch if you show it"

Nice!

Avon

Well Fan Boy do you still think there can be no doubts Murray is as good if not better than Federer?

Gaudio2004

You have to understand that some people (Clydey) view tennis in a different perspective to you, they view pushing as a form of "intellectual point-constructing", when the great "thinker" meets against a player just with more experience (Federer in this case, Roddick in his last loss), he completely self-destructs, that is the reason why his returning was poor today - Federer just attacked him and Murray doesn't have a plan B or a plan C, he cannot win too many points on his serve if he keeps dumping it into the net.

rocketassist
Murray wasn't pushing for most of this match :haha: Honestly GM never ceases to amaze me...

rofe
Nice tactical plan from Fed and more importantly a near perfect execution of that plan. Fed's confidence on HC went up a notch. Murray played well - just not well enough to deal with Fed's tactics.

Laba
08-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Best. Challenge. Everrrrrr. :o

elessar
08-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I don't mind that Fed won the match.
:lol:

Arkulari
08-22-2009, 08:15 PM
I was absolutely convinced that Murray was going to win this thing, it was Madrid all over again, Rafa had beaten Roger time and time again and then in Madrid Roger got his shit together and defeated Rafa, same happened in here, 4 losses in a row and then Roger decided to finally do what it takes to defeat Murray: attack, attack and attack

This wasn't Muzza's best match, but the victory credit should go to Roger, he did what he had to do at the right moments ;)

Roddickominator
It's been a long time since the Scots have had anything to cheer about sporting wise. At this point, they would cheer for anyone that has a chance to win anything.

True....seems that most of the intelligent/athletic/determined of the Scots migrated to America years ago....my ancestors being some of them.

ClaudiuS
Best. Challenge. Everrrrrr. :o

Yeah golden stuff, really. :bowdown:

tangerine_dream
08-22-2009, 08:16 PM

They asked him whether he'll watch the Djoko-Rafa match, and he replied "I'll watch if you show it"

Nice!

Bahaha, bitchy Roger is the best.

Bargearse
Must be tough for Rogi to know the nr3 and 4 are considered better entertainment than him and were thus given the night match, I agree.

Not necessarily. I've heard it said from many a commentator that Federer does not like playing night matches & uses his credentials to influence the scheduling.

I'm certain tournament organizers/television people would prefer if Fed played at night - he's more popular the world over than Nadal for sure.

Eliande
Thank goodness for Federer...;)

«Ivan»
Great Job Federer, I like Murray more than you, but was cheering for you.
Now win it all. Don´t lose to NADAL, specially.

dear saulito,he will not play with nadal.sorry.don't be stupid dream or mr. feldman

martinatreue
08-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Glad to see that "Mr. Know-it-all" Golden boy Murray was handed a solid defeat!

rofe
08-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Not necessarily. I've heard it said from many a commentator that Federer does not like playing night matches & uses his credentials to influence the scheduling.

I'm certain tournament organizers/television people would prefer if Fed played at night - he's more popular the world over than Nadal for sure.

Fed said he hadn't requested any time change in this tournament.

Jaz
Winning the first-set with a backhand shank... I Loled

Federerhingis

Nice!

Really, oh snap, that should be a good slap in their lousy biased telecast. :rolleyes: :lol:

Bolton'sBastard
08-22-2009, 08:19 PM
This match didn't have much importance(as far as U.S Open chances are concerned) pre-game and it doesn't really have much importance now that Federer has won. But you know that it must eat at Murray that he won this event last year before falling to Federer in the U.S Open final, and this year he has lost to a sub-par Federer in a Master Series going into the U.S Open.

Jaz

Roger's night match record is one of the best in the sport.... This wouldn't make any sense.

Sunset of Age

Nice!

Pure GOLD, Feds. :worship: :worship: :worship:
I hope they got the hint. ;)

DorianGray7
08-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Federer strikes back in style!

holagirl56
08-22-2009, 08:21 PM

I think Nadal has been requesting the night matches because he played them all in Montreal too.

So, yes, favoritism, but for Nadal. (Although Federer could request a session and would receive it. It's favoritism for the higher ranked players.)

Q. Do you prefer a day or night match for the semifinals and? And looking ahead, if you were to win, for the what's better for you in terms of rest and all that stuff?
ROGER FEDERER: Doesn't matter. I'm not very particular about when I play and who I play and how I play. All I care about is that I hopefully win the match, you know. I love playing at night, for instance, in New York in front of sort of the electric crowd and everything. I know I can request a night session every time. If the tournament likes to put me night session, that's great. If they choose otherwise, I am okay with that, too.

So, again, Rafa has been requesting the night sessions, most likely.

ClaudiuS
Another Fedal final coming up :o

Bargearse
Fed said he hadn't requested any time change in this tournament.

He probably didn't need to because the organizers know what he likes and do whatever they can do accommodate him.

kinski76
08-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Don't know what is worse; the people who thought Murray would win this match with his eyes closed (exclusively on account of his positive h2h w/Fed) or the ones who bash him in retrospect without taking his achievements the last two weeks into account. Although I suspect we're actually talking about the same crowd. Like I said already, winning tournaments back-to-back is a hard feat to accomplish for anyone. He was never a heavy favourite to win this.

tennisfan856
08-22-2009, 08:24 PM
i can only think bloody knuckles are only the beginning for murray's self beatdown tonight.

Bargearse
Roger's night match record is one of the best in the sport.... This wouldn't make any sense.

Fed could play at night with no lights on the court and still win. Not disputing that. I've just heard commentators (particularly during the Australian and US Open as opposed to the lesser tournaments) say that Fed prefers playing day matches... not sure where they get their info.

habibko
I don't mind that Fed won the match. What bugs me is you suggesting that Federer only cares when he wins. If he loses, it's automatically a tank. How can you not see how delusional that is?

it's not automatically a tank, I only said that once about Tsonga's match, and I wasn't the only one to say that, it was so pathetic it had to be a tank, or so I thought at the end of the match anyway.

You are so deluded its not funny anymore

that's what they say about all geniuses :cool:

:lol: yeah I get that, it's still quite sad though, every fan of tennis should have enjoyed Roger's performance today, both tactically and the way it was executed, the contrast of styles with the right result in the end :drool:

chenx15
08-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah right! That excuse only works for some who's 28 yrs old with 15 GS titles and has been number 1 for 237 consecutive weeks
Murray's mind is already in New York, which explains the first set against Benneteau and now Federer.

Sapeod
08-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Glad to see that "Mr. Know-it-all" Golden boy Murray was handed a solid defeat!
What? Mr.Know-it-all? Please get a clue, please. What part of him is Mr.Know-it-all? :rolleyes:

Are you sure you didn't mean Mr.I'm-a-pusher-who-can't-attack-and-everybody-on-MTF-hates-me-because-I-say-come-on-all-the-time-to-pump-myself-up-and-I-don't-bend-over-to-Federer-and-I-am-arrogant-and-i'm-dull-and-I-have-gotten-the-no.2-ranking-away-from-Nadal-unfairly.

are you sure you didn't mean that? Hmmm?

Quadruple Tree
08-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Don't know what is worse; the people who thought Murray would win this match with his eyes closed (exclusively on account of his positive h2h w/Fed) or the ones who bash him in retrospect without taking his achievements the last two weeks into account. Although I suspect we're actually talking about the same crowd. Like I said already, winning tournaments back-to-back is a hard feat to accomplish for anyone. He was never a heavy favourite to win this.

It's pretty hard to expect that every player he will play for two weeks will have an off day and won't be able to punish his weak pushing. He finally ran into an aggressive player that was on like Verdasco in Melbourne and Roddick in Wimbledon and one again he didn't have an answer.

swebright
08-22-2009, 08:30 PM
What? Roger beat Murray? Impossible!!!:worship:

Murray tanked the match.:devil::devil:

holagirl56
08-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Fed could play at night with no lights on the court and still win. Not disputing that. I've just heard commentators (particularly during the Australian and US Open as opposed to the lesser tournaments) say that Fed prefers playing day matches... not sure where they get their info.

Really? I think that's inaccurate as Fed loves entertaining a crowd and the best place for that is a night match. He's also said that he hasn't made any requests for a session during this tournament.

rocketassist
08-22-2009, 08:32 PM
It's pretty hard to expect that every player he will play for two weeks will have an off day and won't be able to punish his weak pushing. He finally ran into an aggressive player that was on like Verdasco in Melbourne and Roddick in Wimbledon and one again he didn't have an answer.

Roddick wasn't 'aggressive and on' :lol: He played a very Murray-like game in the rallies and it turned the tables on him.

Yves.
08-22-2009, 08:32 PM
He's back!

fast_clay
08-22-2009, 08:33 PM
The Tradesman turned up late for work today... but, some nice handywork for the spectators in the 2nd set... very thoughtful... what a guy...

lessthanjake
08-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Federer's inside out forehand was godly today. I liked all the attacking Federer was doing, though I thought he came to the net a couple of times where he shouldnt have. It happens. But, basically, there wasn't much Murray could do. Murray played badly in the first set, with a lot of errors, but Federer was also serving like crap. The second set, Murray played well, and Federer served better, but Federer still won. So Fed won a set when they both played badly and a set when they both played pretty well.

Bargearse
08-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Really? I think that's inaccurate as Fed loves entertaining a crowd and the best place for that is a night match. He's also said that he hasn't made any requests for a session during this tournament.

I have heard this more than once and I thought it may be true because Fed doesn't seem to play as many night matches during a slam as some other players. You'd think for the sake of television rankings he'd play every one of his matches at night.

Quadruple Tree
08-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Roddick wasn't 'aggressive and on' :lol: He played a very Murray-like game in the rallies and it turned the tables on him.

Yeah, big serving, big forehand, coming to net. That's very Murray-esque :lol:

freeandlonely
08-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Roger really wants to win this match.

Roddickominator
08-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah, big serving, big forehand, coming to net. That's very Murray-esque :lol:

That match was just tactical domination by Roddick more than any real overpowering play(other than the serve, which can't help but overpower).

Johnny Ice
08-22-2009, 08:43 PM
quotes from Murray afterward

"If you let Roger play well, then he's very, very difficult to beat."

On why he didn't play his best: "I had a long couple of weeks. I played--this was my ninth match in, I don't know, 13, 14 days. Every single match I played in the heat of the day. Every one of them. Not one day did I get to play a night match."

Frederick16
08-22-2009, 08:45 PM
quotes from Murray afterward

"If you let Roger play well, then he's very, very difficult to beat."

On why he didn't play his best: "I had a long couple of weeks. I played--this was my ninth match in, I don't know, 13, 14 days. Every single match I played in the heat of the day. Every one of them. Not one day did I get to play a night match."

Maybe Andy will realize now that he has to play much less boring then he does now.. Maybe he will get night matches then when is more attractive by his game

rtgy
08-22-2009, 08:46 PM
What? Mr.Know-it-all? Please get a clue, please. What part of him is Mr.Know-it-all? :rolleyes:

Are you sure you didn't mean Mr.I'm-a-pusher-who-can't-attack-and-everybody-on-MTF-hates-me-because-I-say-come-on-all-the-time-to-pump-myself-up-and-I-don't-bend-over-to-Federer-and-I-am-arrogant-and-i'm-dull-and-I-have-gotten-the-no.2-ranking-away-from-Nadal-unfairly.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Laba
08-22-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm surprised no Muzzatards have thrown in an; "AMazing tank" after the "masteRFul tank" that I read in the Fed/Tsonga match result thread.

martinatreue
08-22-2009, 08:47 PM

Why all the hostility? It's my opinion that Murray thinks he is so much smarter than all the other players! you don't have to agree or be unpleasant.

Del_Toro
08-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Expected victory. It was never in doubt Roger's victory who's looking better and better towards USOpen.

swebright
Joking aside; glad to see/know Fed playing well again.

holagirl56
I have heard this more than once and I thought it may be true because Fed doesn't seem to play as many night matches during a slam as some other players. You'd think for the sake of television rankings he'd play every one of his matches at night.

Huh, I never noticed that. Although, at the slams, especially the US Open, night matches are given to local players a lot and then every top seed usually has one night match. He does play less than I expected him too, though.

Leo
People talk about Safina, but Murray as a #1 would be an even bigger joke! :lol:

Offer a point at 6-6 on TB, double fault to lose the match, absolutely no first serves in, absolutely ridiculous performance :haha:

He's been playing two full weeks of tennis in hot conditions. His form slipped these last couple of matches it is only inevitable.

I'm surprised Fed was so aggressive in that first set. He finally figured out how best to beat Murray by treating those second serves like short balls, aiming for the lines, and following them to net. He had a bit of that swagger again today, and his forehand swing had that penetration and drive. Meanwhile Andy essentially sucked. I was still waiting for him to turn it around and perhaps he could have if he won that tiebreak.

NYCtennisfan
08-22-2009, 08:49 PM

Very good performance from Federer relative to this year on hardcourts, but far from his best, although I'm not quite sure he can ever play the way he did a few years back. His BH was shaky as he couldn't hit it DTL at all per usual this year, he missed a lot of easy FH's, and he couldn't buy a first serve in the 1st set. His net play was good as was his return of service. Federer covered his FH side well on the run by hitting some good defensive CC FH's. He doesn't have the same explosion into the ball that he use to where he could generate a lot of power CC after catching up to a ball.

Murray served better in the 2nd set, especially the one down the T on the deuce court where he must have hit at least 7 aces in the 2nd set, but continued to return poorly and missed a lot of easy shots.

This was the first match between the two where Federer was not broken and of course the first match where Murray didn't get a look at BP.

alter ego
08-22-2009, 08:50 PM
So once again the day is saved, thanks to powerpuff Fed. :worship:

malisha
08-22-2009, 08:50 PM
congrats Roger
this win suprised me alot

rtgy
08-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Why all the hostility? It's my opinion that Murray thinks he is so much smarter than all the other players! you don't have to agree or be unpleasant.

:speakles::eek:

Andi-M
08-22-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm surprised no Muzzatards have thrown in an; "AMazing tank" after the "masteRFul tank" that I read in the Fed/Tsonga match result thread.

Murray never ever tanks. But I dont think this loss will hurt him that much as he still knows he can beat Fed and how to do it, but Fed now more than ever will think he has the edge over Murray at USO, which could play into Murrays hands.

lessthanjake
08-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Fedgod.

Federer just played better in every way today.

Arkulari
08-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Roger is a confidence player, and this match could do him more right than wrong ;)

Bargearse
08-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Poor little Murray, complaining that it was too hot and he couldn't play at night. :awww: Maybe he needs to play more attacking, crowd pleasing tennis to play the marquee matches...

Johnny Ice
08-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Murray: He was going for his shots because I was leaving the ball in the middle of the court. I did that a little bit in the U.S. Open (last year), too.

Audi
08-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Can you imagine if Murray was #1 and had to deal with the pressure to be a #1 in every match..it would be a joke. Today was a good example, he had a good h2h vs Federer, people see him as one of the best HC players, and that's why I guess many people favored him today...it's like Federer had a little bit less pressure because he wasn't the overwelming favorite and he crushed him. Defence players like Murray can only be successful when they are underdogs, when they are not the favorite. As soon as he is the favorite and has pressure to perform and is expected to beat the best..he crumbles. Can you imagine if he was the #1 player in the world and every player came after him in every match like Federer did today..would be funny!

l_mac
08-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Roger is a confidence player, and this match could do him more right than wrong ;)

I don't think Federer is a confidence player. If he'd lost this match I doubt it would have affected his USO at all.

KoOlMaNsEaN
08-22-2009, 09:04 PM
:D :bounce: Wuv it Roger. Where was this in Mtl! Win Cincy again. 4th time? :bounce:

lessthanjake
08-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Also, this win by Federer puts to rest the idea that Murray could take #1 at the end of the US Open, unless Federer loses REALLY early.

Arkulari
08-22-2009, 09:07 PM
I don't think Federer is a confidence player. If he'd lost this match I doubt it would have affected his USO at all.

hey Linda :wavey:

what I mean is that Roger plays better when he feels confident and feels that he is the favorite, when he feels like he has the edge ;)

of course his Slam performance doesn't really depend on his results, but winning something can do him more good than wrong ;)

fast_clay
08-22-2009, 09:08 PM
a few fedtards are setting themselves up for a fair ol' spray in a few weeks...

i think perhaps fed showed his hand a bit to early here in cinci... brought his a-game, and with it probly brought fresh memories from USO 09 for murray to sort through... in all, not a bad thing murray lost here... i dont think the odds of winning the two hard MS + USO are particularly great...

Bolton'sBastard
08-22-2009, 09:10 PM

i think perhaps fed showed his hand a bit to early here in cinci... brought his a-game, and with it probly brought fresh memories from USO 09 for murray to sort through... in all, not a bad thing murray lost here... i dont think the odds of winning the two hard MS + USO are particularly great...

I didn't even see Federer's B-game in that match. He had some pretty good forehands(not as good as the ones he displayed at USO2008), but his serve and backhand were abysmal.

Beat
08-22-2009, 09:11 PM
i'm so happy about this result - but going through this thread makes me all depressive and doesn't really give me the chance to enjoy roger's win.

what is it with all these bitter, obnoxious people who act like they totally hate tennis posting on MTF? something's gotta change...

Haelfix
08-22-2009, 09:14 PM
This wasn't a complete beatdown, like the USO last year, so Murray can take some consolation from that.

Otoh he has to be pissed off that he saw so many 2nd serves and couldn't do anything with them. Fed jammed him a lot, which was smart, but Murray should have adapted.

Overall, I thought this match could have been over a lot sooner. In the 2nd set, Fed missed some of his approaches pretty badly (which is deadly against a great passer like Murray), and started missing some forehands too. Meanwhile the only thing Murray was doing well was his down the line first serve.

Both players ros left something to be desired, but Federer seems to be getting better match by match, whereas Murray's normally high level was off today.

Generically, Murray is playing with fire by staying so passive against Roger, inviting Roger in effect to beat him. I'm not sure if thats a good idea against one of the greatest attacking players in tennis history, especially in the USO where it counts.

danieln1
08-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Finally FedGOAT teached a lesson to pusher Murray, how to play an effective game of tennis, one of the best matches he played against Murray, about time!

Now win the whole thing and your 6th straight Open!!!

Clydey
08-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Well Fan Boy do you still think there can be no doubts Murray is as good if not better than Federer?

Way to misinterpret me. I did not say that Murray is as good, if not better than Fed at his best. I said currently on hardcourts. But hey, Federer won one match. That changes everything. :lol:

mikkemus23
08-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Nice. Good win before the USO Fed.

Murray - suck it up.

Det er deilig ĺ kjenne at tekniken sit.

Arkulari
08-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Roger wasn't playing his A game today, in fact he hasn't been playing his A game in quite a long time :p

His BH was shaky, he missed a lot of easy FH's, and his 1st serve on the first set was pathetic, good stuff? His net play and his ROS ;)

fast_clay
08-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Roger wasn't playing his A game today, in fact he hasn't been playing his A game in quite a long time :p

His BH was shaky, he missed a lot of easy FH's, and his 1st serve on the first set was pathetic, good stuff? His net play and his ROS ;)

i didnt see this match... i'm just winding up fedtards... thanks for coming... defence noted...

NYCtennisfan
08-22-2009, 09:25 PM
I didn't even see Federer's B-game in that match. He had some pretty good forehands(not as good as the ones he displayed at USO2008), but his serve and backhand were abysmal.

Federer's Fh was definitely better at USO2008 as was his Bh which Federer hit really well, probably as well as any match in 2008 along with the match he played against Nalbandian in Basel. Fed's serve was average today, Fh better than usual (relative to this year), and the Bh was pretty weak.

bonzile
08-22-2009, 09:28 PM

fed played well...... also I thought i was the only guy on here who watches mma

l_mac
08-22-2009, 09:28 PM
hey Linda :wavey:

what I mean is that Roger plays better when he feels confident and feels that he is the favorite, when he feels like he has the edge ;)

of course his Slam performance doesn't really depend on his results, but winning something can do him more good than wrong ;)

Can you name a player that isn't true for? :lol:

Of all the players Federer is probably the one for whom form matters least when it comes to the big tournaments.

Arkulari
08-22-2009, 09:32 PM
eOSax6yaU1s

moon language
08-22-2009, 09:33 PM
The way Federer played today qualifies as "attacking tennis" for some people? Wow how the sport has changed.

Anyway good tactics from Federer giving Murray a taste of his own medicine with the junk up the middle. Good wake up call for Murray.

alter ego
08-22-2009, 09:33 PM

Yeah what stupid thing to do :rolleyes: . But hang on a minute, he beat Nadal in his very last match before RG and look what happened there. :eek:

safin-rules-no.1
08-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Murray sucks, fact :wavey:

fast_clay
08-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah what stupid thing to do :rolleyes: . But hang on a minute, he beat Nadal in his very last match before RG and look what happened there. :eek:

opinion noted...

Jōris
08-22-2009, 09:51 PM

Dream on. Murray isn't injured.

andylovesaustin
08-22-2009, 09:51 PM
"I'll watch it if you'll show it!" Ah... gotta love El Maestro (aka the GOAT aka "dropshot" aka Roger Federer)! He used his smugness for the good.. I tell ya FOR THE GOOD! *Sigh* His response was sublimely perfect! :):worship:

And I finally picked a winner! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, I picked El Maestro in three, but two is even better! :devil: Take that Simon Reed.. and Johnny Mac!

I like to say something positive, so congrats to Andy Murray for making it to the semis! He's a contender for the USO without a doubt. I just don't think he's THE FAVORITE!

El Maestro is the favorite because well he deserves to be the favorite even though I'll be rooting against him at the USO and tomorrow, too! :)

Johnny Ice
08-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Fed:

"I was always looking to make the plays, and I think in the end I deserved to win just because I wasn't scared to go after my shots. It was just overall a very good performance."

"Winning or losing for me against Murray is not the key here. For me, it's about playing well and trying to win the tournament, not the player. So I'm not going to change my tune saying, 'Now this is gonna put me as a massive favorite for the U.S. Open and now Andy is not gonna beat me next time.' That's not true."

On who he wants to play tomorrow: "I'd like to play Rafa just because he's been hurt. It's always nice seeing a guy back at the top right away again.... I hope he's feeling well now. At the end of the day, he's a great player and an unbelievable competitor. Of course I would like to play him. He's still got some work to do. I'm there already waiting. Maybe it's gonna happen."

"Sure, Rafa has caused more problems in the past, but I also played him about, I don't know, 12 to 13 times on clay which didn't help my head-to-head. I've had better matches with Rafa than with Novak in the past."

FedFan_2007
08-22-2009, 10:02 PM
The way Federer played today qualifies as "attacking tennis" for some people? Wow how the sport has changed.

Anyway good tactics from Federer giving Murray a taste of his own medicine with the junk up the middle. Good wake up call for Murray.

Pure serve and volley doesn't exist anymore on the ATP Tour. Stop whining about a dead tactic.

rocketassist
08-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Federer-Djokovic matches have been as muggy as the Sheffield city sewers.

Bulgaria
08-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Great display from Federer. He once again showed who is the master of this game. Love you Fed.

NoFroz
08-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Federer-Djokovic matches have been as muggy as the Sheffield city sewers.

Montreal 2007
USO 2007
AO 2008
USO 2008??

Agree on the last couple of them though

FedFan_2007
08-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Great display from Federer. He once again showed who is the master of this game. Love you Fed.

:retard: Was he "master of the game" when he lost 4 in a row to Murray? :retard: God I'm so tired of you TARDS!!!!

TMJordan
08-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Strategic tank from Murray. He will get him in New York.

fast_clay
08-22-2009, 10:32 PM
eOSax6yaU1s

thanks.... sure, doesnt show the crap... but,fed forehand looked pretty big

barbadosan
08-22-2009, 10:35 PM

If you call that Fed's A-game, you mus've only started watching Fed last year!

FedererBulgaria
08-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss:angel:

SheepleBuster
08-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Murray was disgusting tonight.

whattheheck
08-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Congrats Roger. Hopefully Murray works out his game more.

mandeep
08-22-2009, 10:50 PM
i'm so happy about this result - but going through this thread makes me all depressive and doesn't really give me the chance to enjoy roger's win.

what is it with all these bitter, obnoxious people who act like they totally hate tennis posting on MTF? something's gotta change...

I totally know what you mean. I am starting to question if they even like they sport, or they are always comparing every match/player to some idealized version made up in their heaads

r3d_d3v1l_
08-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Nice play from number one plus (?).Guess the real number one player isn´t that trueful indeed .

Come on Federer, beat Nadal tomorrow!

andylovesaustin
08-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Fed:

"I was always looking to make the plays, and I think in the end I deserved to win just because I wasn't scared to go after my shots. It was just overall a very good performance."

"Winning or losing for me against Murray is not the key here. For me, it's about playing well and trying to win the tournament, not the player. So I'm not going to change my tune saying, 'Now this is gonna put me as a massive favorite for the U.S. Open and now Andy is not gonna beat me next time.' That's not true."

On who he wants to play tomorrow: "I'd like to play Rafa just because he's been hurt. It's always nice seeing a guy back at the top right away again.... I hope he's feeling well now. At the end of the day, he's a great player and an unbelievable competitor. Of course I would like to play him. He's still got some work to do. I'm there already waiting. Maybe it's gonna happen."

"Sure, Rafa has caused more problems in the past, but I also played him about, I don't know, 12 to 13 times on clay which didn't help my head-to-head. I've had better matches with Rafa than with Novak in the past."

Hey, Roger's the favorite. I mean Roger won both the French and Wimby back to back this year.

So.. it's all on Rafa right now. I love me some Rafa. I would love to see him make a comeback. BUT... Roger is the favorite right regardless of the tournament. My goodness, look at Roger's accomplishments!

If Rafa can make it to the final and somehow win--beating Roger,well that would be an accomplishment for sure. I just don't want him to peak too early. If he's going to win and lose, I would prefer him peaking at the USO--winning there than in this tournament. :shrug: Of course, winning both... I just don't know.. Maybe?? I just don't want him to push himself to where he can't compete for the USO.

Rafa just needs to keep cool and focused regardless of the outcome of this particular event. Hey.. Novak isn't a slouch either. Rafa has to beat Novak to get to Roger. I'm not so sure that's going to happen.

Vida
08-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Murray was disgusting tonight.

no, murray was his ordinary self tonight.

seen all but last few games and a TB and must say... gee.. was it good to see this. thoroughly enjoyable encounter... or should I say trashcounter? yes thats sounds bout right.

old geezer served like 35 per cent in the first and still managed to de-atomize our 'almost-goat-without-a-slam' wonder boy.

now, Im not your biggest fed fan but it was very good seeing the old man back to his best, especially against the guy who's only 3 reactions were 2 'cmon's' when Fed shot out and one loud 'concentrate!!!!'. yeah, as if that would help. matter is simple: no game - no gain.

fed :yeah:

GlennMirnyi
08-22-2009, 11:02 PM
:lol:

08-22-2009, 11:13 PM
When you get JesusFed vs Muggay theres only going to be one winner :worship:

mark73
08-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Of course there is nothing wrong with making a prediction and being wrong. What I find funny is the number of people who said fed has no chance or almost no chance. Why do people say such ridiculous things? You would think these people might realize by now that fed is not so shabby at tennis.:lol:

Sham Kay
08-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Eh, gotta say the GOAT lived up to his title today. Muzzah was just outclassed today plain and simple. The only good things us Murray fans can take out of this is he can have more of a rest without exerting himself too much more before the USO and now the hype will simmer down alot more, which may put less pressure on Murray with Fed being the outright favourite to win it now. Federer will win the USO

amonb
08-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Bad night for Murray tonight. Not really that bothered cos he'll take Fed out in New York. I think people are getting a little over excited with the victory. Murray didn't return and serve well. Simple.

shotgun
08-22-2009, 11:27 PM
'Mon.

Clydey
08-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Bad night for Murray tonight. Not really that bothered cos he'll take Fed out in New York. I think people are getting a little over excited with the victory. Murray didn't return and serve well. Simple.

The way people are talking you'd think Murray played a blinder of a match and got blown away. His return game was horrific. :lol:

GayBury
08-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Fed :worship:

amonb
08-22-2009, 11:34 PM
The way people are talking you'd think Murray played a blinder of a match and got blown away. His return game was horrific. :lol:It's all the frustration of Fed not winning many master series titles latlely being let out. And they said they didn't care about these tournaments!!! :haha: Fed's only hope of winning this one is if Novak does him a favour 2nite!!!

osalsyst
08-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Great win for Fed! I thought he might blow it in that tb but Murray was the one to crack. A win here would be the perfect set-up for the Open.

"I'll watch it if you'll show it!" Ah... gotta love El Maestro (aka the GOAT aka "dropshot" aka Roger Federer)! He used his smugness for the good.. I tell ya FOR THE GOOD! *Sigh* His response was sublimely perfect! :):worship:

And I finally picked a winner! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, I picked El Maestro in three, but two is even better! :devil: Take that Simon Reed.. and Johnny Mac!

I like to say something positive, so congrats to Andy Murray for making it to the semis! He's a contender for the USO without a doubt. I just don't think he's THE FAVORITE!

El Maestro is the favorite because well he deserves to be the favorite even though I'll be rooting against him at the USO and tomorrow, too! :)

Are you capable of not overusing a Federer nickname? Seriously...:retard:

peribsen
08-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Fed gave plenty food for thought to all the nerds who think he is finished, well done.

In a sense, I'm sorry for Murray. There was too much hype around him these last weeks, hope it abates. However, Murray is not responsible for most of that crap. Maybe the British press and many of his fans will learn a useful lesson: hyping your heroe too far can be a threat that ends up hurting him. Murray is a good enough player who may someday blossom into a first class master, but that will happen when the time is ripe. Overblowing his possibilities will only affect his attitude for the worst.

Murray only lost a match tonight, but his followers may have taken him to a situation where his expectations were so high that the pain caused by this failure will be needlesly high. If you really care about a player in the making, you support him as he climbs the ladder a step at a time, you don´t push him to the brink of a precipice from which the fall will be harder and leaves him open to ridicule. A player's tards sometimes become his worst enemies.

Come on, Andy, don´t pay any attention to those people who make fun of you, less even to those who tell you you are nr 1 far too early for your own good. Just keep playing!

andylovesaustin
08-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Great win for Fed! I thought he might blow it in that tb but Murray was the one to crack. A win here would be the perfect set-up for the Open.

Are you capable of not overusing a Federer nickname? Seriously...:retard:

What?

Another "baiter." *Sigh* Do you guys/gals stick together like a pack of wolves or something when it comes to Roger? It's really scary in a way... like what's the name of that movie about that obsessed woman? You know.. what is it? Oh.. Fatal Attraction.

Whatever dude or dudette. :lol: Sorry my nicknames for Roger bothers you. :retard:

If you don't like it, why don't you ignore my posts? It's as simple as that. :):wavey: Oh, I forgot.. Seriously.. :retard: ...

Sham Kay
08-22-2009, 11:54 PM
It's all the frustration of Fed not winning many master series titles latlely being let out. And they said they didn't care about these tournaments!!! :haha: Fed's only hope of winning this one is if Novak does him a favour 2nite!!!

The favour is being done.. 6-1 to the Djok as I write this, cinci is all Fed's. :eek:

amonb
08-22-2009, 11:56 PM
The favour is being done.. 6-1 to the Djok as I write this, cinci is all Fed's. :eek:I still fancy Rafa. Novak's gonna use up all his energy. Mark my words!!!