The reason of James Blake absence in New Haven [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The reason of James Blake absence in New Haven

KrisJB
08-21-2009, 10:34 AM
"There’s a lot of things that went into it," Blake said. "I love playing in Connecticut. I love the fans and they seem to appreciate my style of tennis, I am having fun out here and give them a chance to have a lot of fun in the stands. I do have a lot of commitments coming up, I have my clothing line coming out. It is a new challenge, my ranking won’t be where I think it should be, my match (preparation) won’t be where it should be but I will go in with a new scenario," Blake said. "I have been in the Open in a lot of situations, coming from here as a first-round loser, coming here as a title holder and different results and this year it will be a new one."

I am really disappointed as James needs match practice. I try to understand that US Open is a good period for marketing purposes but he shall concentrate on playing and such activities can be performed after the season is over. :confused:

Certinfy
08-21-2009, 10:36 AM
:retard:

Bargearse
08-21-2009, 11:17 AM
It's all code for Blake sucks. :rolleyes:

whattheheck
08-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Maybe he's retiring

Kolya
08-21-2009, 02:08 PM
:lol:

Obviously his priorities are screwed up.

Bilbo
08-21-2009, 02:09 PM

Julio
08-21-2009, 02:11 PM

Sunset of Age
08-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Looks to me he's indeed already looking forward to his after-tennis life. :shrug:

TMJordan
08-21-2009, 02:21 PM
What a tool.

betowiec
08-21-2009, 03:29 PM
appearance fee not big enough for him (his standards should be lowered than they are)
recently he asked to get as much as Roddick in Indianapolis

he didn't show up in INDY......so new haven must be unable to meet his demands
he expects(LOL) to make a big run in the us open, so playing 3straight weeks is too much for him :)

btw. his ego is bigger than his behind
once Arod withdrew, Indy wanted James to show up and play.
Martin tried to get a commitment from 17th-ranekd James Blake.

“We couldn't meet his expectations,” Martin said.

Martin said Blake wanted a similar player appearance fee that Roddick would have received.

“Finanically we couldn't do that,” Martin said.

james needs to realize he is not a top 10 player anymore

Burrow
08-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Blake :yeah:

Bilbo
08-21-2009, 03:38 PM
appearance fee not big enough for him (his standards should be lowered than they are)
recently he asked to get as much as Roddick in Indianapolis

he didn't show up in INDY......so new haven must be unable to meet his demands

it doesn't surprise me. he was always a bad character to me even though most people think he's so nice.

selyoink
08-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Blake is a douchebag.

Vida
08-21-2009, 04:14 PM
blake seems to be puling the career handbrake here. that might be it for him. now there are plenny of reasons to dont like the man, but he will surely be missed. nobody could hang his head so loosely.

Langers
08-21-2009, 05:50 PM
"There’s a lot of things that went into it," Blake said. "I love playing in Connecticut. I love the fans and they seem to appreciate my style of tennis, I am having fun out here and give them a chance to have a lot of fun in the stands. I do have a lot of commitments coming up, I have my clothing line coming out. It is a new challenge, my ranking won’t be where I think it should be, my match (preparation) won’t be where it should be but I will go in with a new scenario," Blake said. "I have been in the Open in a lot of situations, coming from here as a first-round loser, coming here as a title holder and different results and this year it will be a new one."

I am really disappointed as James needs match practice. I try to understand that US Open is a good period for marketing purposes but he shall concentrate on playing and such activities can be performed after the season is over. :confused:
You're right, should be mid 50's. :)

What a hack.

Leo
08-21-2009, 06:31 PM
This is weird.

:yawn:

CooCooCachoo
08-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Guess he can well and truly be written off.

andylovesaustin
08-21-2009, 10:49 PM

Is James that popular to even have a clothing line? Didn't Borg go bankrupt or something with a clothing line--and that was Borg.

Hmmm.. Well, I did see James play on "Celebrity Poker" a while ago. Maybe he can be a reality TV star?

L James
08-22-2009, 01:33 AM
:haha:

Snoo Foo
08-22-2009, 01:40 AM
he could be on the next installment of... Age of Love

Pea
08-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Dick.

jcempire
08-22-2009, 05:26 AM
Maybe he's retiring