Berdych def. Guccione 6-4 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Berdych def. Guccione 6-4 6-3

Voo de Mar
08-21-2009, 02:16 AM
Guccione couldn't care less :o Pathetic match in this stage of tournament.

TMJordan
08-21-2009, 02:17 AM
You suck Gooch, you really really suck. Nice effort red dick.

philosophicalarf
08-21-2009, 02:22 AM
The Gooch sensed that Berdy was down on his confidence, and thus mercifully tanked. What a Gentle Ginger Giant he is.

ClaudiuS
08-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Nice effort Gooch.

GlennMirnyi
08-21-2009, 02:24 AM
Stop being such morons.

That was one of the luckiest matches I've ever seen from a player. Mugdych was just closing his eyes and hitting the ball as hard as he could and the balls went in. Couldn't be luckier. The break in the first set was an absolute joke. A mishit became a shot on the line.

betowiec
routine for tomas

excellent week for Gucci man

Sunset of Age
Berdych! YAYYYY!!!

Couldn't see this match, but always happy to know he's moved on on another round.

Meeting Rafke next eh? Oopsie.

betowiec
08-21-2009, 02:25 AM
Stop being such morons.

That was one of the luckiest matches I've ever seen from a player. Mugdych was just closing his eyes and hitting the ball as hard as he could and the balls went in. Couldn't be luckier. The break in the first set was an absolute joke. A mishit became a shot on the line.
:o
that was enough for Gucci
quit with the lucky unlucky crap

GlennMirnyi
08-21-2009, 02:26 AM
:o
that was enough for Gucci
quit with the lucky unlucky crap

Luck.

He'd miss about 50% of those shots in a normal day.

This is a guy who lost to Isner last week.

TMJordan
08-21-2009, 02:29 AM
Stop being such morons.

Did you watch the match? The Gooch was horrible.

Voo de Mar
08-21-2009, 02:29 AM
The break in the first set was an absolute joke. A mishit became a shot on the line.

If Gooch was more fit physically would have made two steps back and played easy backhand winner in all directions instead of that pathetic half-volley.

GlennMirnyi
08-21-2009, 02:34 AM
Did you watch the match? The Gooch was horrible.

Yeah I did.

What is he supposed to do when that Mugdych was hitting winners off every second shot? Return winners?

If Gooch was more fit physically would have made two steps back and played easy backhand winner in all directions instead of that pathetic half-volley.

He's a net player, he can't hesitate.

I guess the problem of not playing tennis is that you don't get things like that. When you rush the net you rush. the. net. You don't wait to see what's going on and then rush.

iSzavay.
08-21-2009, 02:44 AM
Wow awesome match :tape: what the hell was that Gucci :help:?

roberthenman
08-21-2009, 02:50 AM
good tournament Chris :yeah:
GL in the next tournament

Voo de Mar
08-21-2009, 02:54 AM
I guess the problem of not playing tennis is that you don't get things like that. When you rush the net you rush. the. net. You don't wait to see what's going on and then rush.

It's pathetic argument to imply that I don't play tennis. I'm also serve-and-volleyer, obviously on a different level but it's not relevant. The point is each tennis player has brain and chooses some options. Obviously it's better to rush to the net when you go to the net after serve but sometimes a receiver can play accidentally a moon-lob with return and what should do serve-and-volleyer? Run to the net :confused: Obviously he brakes the impetous and backs away. It's logical. I don't say that Guccione made a mistake trying to play half-volley, simply wiser and fitter player, knowing inability to play decent half-volley (that's common problem all tennis giants) would have chosen different solution after slow Berdych's return. But well, Guccione has been playing 6 years on the tour and hasn't even been in Top 50. I require too much from him.

FiBeR
08-21-2009, 03:00 AM
Gooch is THA man :worship:

he just drew attention to get an US Open Wild Card..once he got it..strategically tanked Cinci to win the USO! :D

now Berdych destroy nadal tomorrow :rocker2:

GlennMirnyi
08-21-2009, 03:02 AM
It's pathetic argument to imply that I don't play tennis. I'm also serve-and-volleyer, obviously on a different level but it's not relevant. The point is each tennis player has brain and chooses some options. Obviously it's better to rush to the net when you go to the net after serve but sometimes a receiver can play accidentally a moon-lob with return and what should do serve-and-volleyer? Run to the net :confused: Obviously he brakes the impetous and backs away. It's logical. I don't say that Guccione made a mistake trying to play half-volley, simply wiser and fitter player, knowing inability to play decent half-volley (that's common problem all tennis giants) would have chosen different solution after slow Berdych's return. But well, Guccione has been playing 6 years on the tour and hasn't even been in Top 50. I require too much from him.

No.

There's a point where you stop on the court. It's just before the T. After you stop and choose your action, you can't simply go back. If you go, you're stuck in no-man's land and you're most surely losing the point. That's basic of tennis. He had already chosen to rush the net, that mishit shouldn't even gone in.

Davodus
08-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Well done Tomas, finally a win over Gooch

fast_clay
08-21-2009, 03:42 AM
real stinker this result...

save ausdecline
08-21-2009, 03:59 AM
i saw this match gucci didnt care

HKz
08-21-2009, 04:19 AM
Stop being such morons.

Glenn luckiness is more to describe when your frame shot flies way up into the stands but a big gust of wind comes and picks it up and lands back into the court and your opponent who thought the point was over is drying his face off, or when your opponent hits a winner and just about when the ball is about to travel over the net, an earthquake in Japan causes a slight tremor at your court and raises the net just enough to clip the ball and cause it to go out.

I mean ultimately Berdych does decide when to let go and swing so....:confused:

Midnight Express
08-21-2009, 04:21 AM
I was in the front line seat...Gootch had st with his back..couldn't serve 100%..thats all...nice shit posting here anyway..Berdych didn't play anything extra.

GlennMirnyi
08-21-2009, 05:25 AM
Glenn luckiness is more to describe when your frame shot flies way up into the stands but a big gust of wind comes and picks it up and lands back into the court and your opponent who thought the point was over is drying his face off, or when your opponent hits a winner and just about when the ball is about to travel over the net, an earthquake in Japan causes a slight tremor at your court and raises the net just enough to clip the ball and cause it to go out.

I mean ultimately Berdych does decide when to let go and swing so....:confused:

Berdych can only close his eyes and ballbash. It's no like he can do anything else. He either plays very well or very badly. Today was the lucky day.

HKz
08-21-2009, 06:04 AM
Berdych can only close his eyes and ballbash. It's no like he can do anything else. He either plays very well or very badly. Today was the lucky day.

Or his bad days could be his unlucky days? I mean, he has won more than half of his matches in his career, so it is more reasonable to say that he clowns the clowns more often that not :confused:

scarecrows
08-21-2009, 06:27 AM
not Sydney so expected one for Tomas

HattonWBA
08-21-2009, 07:55 AM
I heard Guccione does he fair share of voluntary work and he showed that tonight, nice donations from Chris.

au_sports_opinion
08-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Didn't watch but Gooch always looks lackadasicle sp?

Voo de Mar
08-21-2009, 09:38 AM
No.

There's a point where you stop on the court. It's just before the T. After you stop and choose your action, you can't simply go back. If you go, you're stuck in no-man's land and you're most surely losing the point. That's basic of tennis. He had already chosen to rush the net, that mishit shouldn't even gone in.

I didn't mean to play that ball from no-man's land. Obviously it's ridiculous to play out of there going to the net.

Certinfy
08-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Berdych made 2 UE's, compared to 16 winners that 1st set :eek: Anyone know stats for 2nd set?

FairWeatherFan
08-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Guccione's yearly hot streak comes to an end.

Iván
08-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Smack Back Down To Earth