Cincy R2 Querrey def. Roddick 7-6(11) 7-6(3) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Cincy R2 Querrey def. Roddick 7-6(11) 7-6(3)

Arkulari
08-20-2009, 02:47 AM
:eek:

SheepleBuster
08-20-2009, 02:47 AM
Wow

River
08-20-2009, 02:48 AM
Big upset. Sam went in guns blazing.

Andy was gone since 3-3 of the first set >>;

rubbERR
Roddick was ill or fatigued, he was about to puke couple of times and was sweating alot

Bascule
Play it again, Sam!:D

Junkyard Racket
May be Querrey's biggest win.

Ozone
08-20-2009, 02:49 AM
GREAT match from Sammy!!!:bounce:
:woohoo:

Saved a set point in the second and served his way out of tricky situations. Roddick donated Sam some points in the second set breaker but Sammy looked a lot better in the first set. BIG win Sam!!!:D

:yeah:

Clydey
Outplayed. That's the only way to describe Roddick in this match. People will make excuses for Roddick, but the fact is he was outplayed and I saw it coming when I watched Querrey-Lu. Pissed off I chickened out and didn't put money on big Sam.

Roddick the 2nd favourite for the US Open? I hope the people who said that are blushing now.

njnetswill
:lol:

SheepleBuster

Roddick was off tonight. Can't remember the last time Roddick looked this tired. Will spank him next time.

Bascule
Roddick was ill or fatigued, he was about to puke couple of times and was sweating alot

Querrey? :haha:

rubbERR
you tools, roddick was definetely ill or fatigued otherwise he would never lost average player like querrey

chenx15
08-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Roddick making sure he's well rested for the USO

SheepleBuster
I have got one thing to say. Harharharhar

Sunset of Age
Oopsie-Daisy!

Congrats Mr. Querrey!
Dunno what to think about this match...:help: :p

Draw opening up nicely for both of my two favs so far. Verdasco Tsonga Söderling Karlovic Roddick... :LOL:
:bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: :p :lol:

Bamos!

[EDIT]: if indeed Andy Roddick was ILL as I've now read (I didn't see the match), I apologize for harsh words and wish him a speedy and full recovery. :hug:

rubbERR
Querrey? :haha:

what? no Roddick was about to puke :lol:

Voo de Mar
Roddick wasted a lot chances in both sets:
1st set: 5:2, 6:5 & 8:7 in the tie-break
2nd set: *3:1 (40-30), sp at 5:4, 6:5 (30-15)

Counting with Roddick's previous match (Del Potro), wasted setpoints in three consecutive sets, definitely a new low in his career.

Yeah, Roddick looked like a crashed dog :o

Geo
1 time I cheered for Querrey and he came through! :worship:

cya Roddick :rolls: :wavey:

chenx15
08-20-2009, 02:51 AM
resting for the USO. it's the new trend

Clydey
08-20-2009, 02:51 AM

Ever seen Roddick play? The guy sweats like a pig.

Yet another top name costs me money. Fuck Roddick and the horse he rode in on.

I really need to stop gambling...

docking34
08-20-2009, 02:52 AM
roddick sucked big time here. really sick must be andy

SheepleBuster
Querrey was solid. Nothing much to say. Roddick was off. I wanted Roddick to beat Roger so we don't see another Murray Fed match but oh well.

LleytonMonfils
Querrey is playing well this summer. His results back that up. All I want to know was WTF were those loose points from Roddick late in the first set tie break? That was really awful. Sam can make a run in the US Open with a nice draw. I don't mind this loss for Roddick if a US Open championship is what his fans want. 12 day "lay off" to rest the legs won't be so bad, when most of your sets are going to tiebreak these days.

bluefork
08-20-2009, 02:53 AM

Well, he always sweats buckets no matter what. :lol:

For the ballkids' sake, I hope he was either fatigued or just playing poorly. I wouldn't want to touch those sweat-soaked towels that he wiped his face in if he's truly sick.

Dini
Good display of calmness by Querrey after mess ups. :yeah: But Andy was visibly tired and sluggish out there.

That makes Andy's TB record for this year 32-10 I believe... (thanks Cath and Voo ;))

chammer44
what? no Roddick was about to puke :lol:

Losing players often develop injuries and illnesses.

Arkulari
08-20-2009, 02:54 AM
James: stop betting, this definitely ain't your week :lol:

aussie_fan
08-20-2009, 02:54 AM
I agree about Roddick not looking 100%m still played some dumb tennis at timer, querrey was passing him all night

River
08-20-2009, 02:55 AM
Larry: "That was NOT part of the plan."

rubbERR
08-20-2009, 02:55 AM
but querrey is terrible player really, last week he managed to lose petzschner so its clear that roddick played useless match.

and losing those mug tournament finals to rajeev ram and ginepri. :lol:

Clydey
08-20-2009, 02:56 AM
James: stop betting, this definitely ain't your week :lol:

As soon as I bet against certain players, they fall to pieces. And when I bet for others, they also fall to pieces.

Tsonga losing to Gooch? Ivo losing to a headcase like Mathieu? And now Roddick costs me £20. I would be up £100 if these tools didn't randomly decide to start losing. :mad:

Roddickominator
Roddick was gagging in between games in his chair....I dunno what his deal was. He played pretty poorly....very much like the old super-pushing A-Rod. Querrey was serving big and didn't have to do anything special.

Dini
He did have a good Wimby run and has had a really consistent year so far, can't blame people for putting him 2nd favourite.

Clydey, I know you think he was outplayed - which he was - but didn't you see any sign of sluggishness at all? :o

River
08-20-2009, 02:57 AM
Nah Sam was firing on all cylinders. Even if Andy was 100% I would have predicted a really good match.

Poor Andy, congrats to Sam! Ride the confidence to your first MS Title!

rubbERR
08-20-2009, 02:59 AM
river at his best, to think that average player like querrey can win MS title, why not GGL then? :lol:

Clydey
08-20-2009, 03:00 AM
He did have a good Wimby run and has had a really consistent year so far, can't blame people for putting him 2nd favourite.

Clydey, I know you think he was outplayed - which he was - but didn't you see any sign of sluggishness at all? :o

Only in the second set after he got broken back. He was fine and vocal before then. Losing that break was a mental blow. And Sam wasn't offering up any errors.

Also, there's no excuse to make Roddick second favourite. He's done practically nothing on hard for the past 12 months. Getting to the final of Wimbledon is irrelevant, since it's on grass. Roddick can't even win Masters titles now (he barely even wins 500s), so he has no business being put down as second favourite for a hardcourt major.

River
08-20-2009, 03:00 AM
river at his best, to think that average player like querrey can win MS title, why not GGL then? :lol:

He'll kick Murray's ass just to make your head explode xD

chammer44
08-20-2009, 03:01 AM
As soon as I bet against certain players, they fall to pieces. And when I bet for others, they also fall to pieces.

Tsonga losing to Gooch? Ivo losing to a headcase like Mathieu? And now Roddick costs me £20. I would be up £100 if these tools didn't randomly decide to start losing. :mad:

Ivo and Tsonga are terrible bets man. They both can beat and lose to anyone on any given day.

tangerine_dream
08-20-2009, 03:02 AM
Didn't see the match but several people reported that Andy was ill. Poor ducky, hope he feels better. :hug: He gets a week off before the USO, so that'll be good for him. He's played enough tennis.

Good for Samburger, too, his first win over Roddick. Keep rolling, Sammy. :drive:

FedFan_2007
08-20-2009, 03:04 AM
When does Roddick not sweat like a pig? The guy must have been totally wasted...

Voo de Mar
08-20-2009, 03:04 AM
When does Roddick not sweat like a pig? The guy must have been totally wasted...

moonlightdance
08-20-2009, 03:05 AM
swine flu.

vamos sam, you future of american tennis, you.

River
Larry DID have that look that kinda said "See? This is what you get for drinking."

Dini
Only in the second set after he got broken back. He was fine and vocal before then. Losing that break was a mental blow. And Sam wasn't offering up any errors.

Also, there's no excuse to make Roddick second favourite. He's done practically nothing on hard for the past 12 months. Getting to the final of Wimbledon is irrelevant, since it's on grass. Roddick can't even win Masters titles now (he barely even wins 500s), so he has no business being put down as second favourite for a hardcourt major.

Yes he was visibly angry after losing the break.

I agree that it's quite irrelevant in terms of HC tennis, but in terms of a confidence-booster Wimbledon was supposed to have done wonders for him (perhaps not after losing 16-14 in the 5th though). Well he has been to the finals and semis of HC slams quite recently, so he has gone deep. But winning it is a whole different thing altogether.

philosophicalarf
08-20-2009, 03:06 AM

This was really something else though, full on waterfall effect off the cap. Really disgusting close-ups :-)

GlennMirnyi
08-20-2009, 03:07 AM
Ever seen Roddick play? The guy sweats like a pig.

Yet another top name costs me money. Fuck Roddick and the horse he rode in on.

I really need to stop gambling...

You bet on Roddick?

I thought you shouldn't bet in 1.1-1.2 favorites.

You're the new dylan. :lol:

MacTheKnife
08-20-2009, 03:09 AM
Roddick was clearly not right physically. Something was wrong. I still don't think he's over the Wimby loss yet mentally. Every tight situation he now looks full of doubt and that was not the case up to Wimby final.
However, regardless of that, he was sick tonight or something.. What ever it was cost me vcash and he should beat Querrey whether he's full of doubt or not.

Bascule
08-20-2009, 03:11 AM

And you may write something correctly, from time to time.;)

SheepleBuster
08-20-2009, 03:12 AM
It doesn't matter who won, Murray will probably win it all again. He is almost unstoppable on hard courts or so it seems before he chokes.

Dini
08-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Glen I think he's over that Wimbledon final already, he won a tight match against Verdasco for example and reached the finals and semis of Washington and Montreal respectively. If he had been mentally drained he wouldn't have gone deep in those, in my opinion.

He ran out of gas in the latter stages of this one it seemed rather than it being a case of him remembering the fifth set of Wimbledon. :scratch:

Voo de Mar
08-20-2009, 03:15 AM
Glen I think he's over that Wimbledon final already, he won a tight match against Verdasco for example and reached the finals and semis of Washington and Montreal respectively

Won also a tight match against Isner in Washington. Roddick simply is too weak from the baseline to avoid many tight matches, some wins, other loses, that's his career.

FedFan_2007
08-20-2009, 03:16 AM
Glen I think he's over that Wimbledon final already, he won a tight match against Verdasco for example and reached the finals and semis of Washington and Montreal respectively. If he had been mentally drained he wouldn't have gone deep in those, in my opinion.

He ran out of gas in the latter stages of this one it seemed rather than it being a case of him remembering the fifth set of Wimbledon. :scratch:

:worship: Gotta love the 'tards declaring Roddick dead because he lost in a 3rd straight week of playing after going deep the previous 2 weeks. Typical GM!

MacTheKnife
08-20-2009, 03:17 AM

I don't. I see doubt in his face in every tight situation now. I'm not talking about results or wins losses. Just the look on his face when it gets tight. It's not the same as it was before Wimby.

iSzavay.
08-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Wow Sam! Nice job! What a summer he is having!!!

Andy :smash: I can't believe after Wimbledon he couldn't even win a title this summer :tape::sobbing::o.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 03:18 AM

You bet on Roddick?

I thought you shouldn't bet in 1.1-1.2 favorites.

You're the new dylan. :lol:

It wasn't a single. I stuck him on as part of an accumulator. I just stuck on a bunch of matches that I thought were dead certs. I even stuck on Fed at 1-100 :lol:

Nah, most of the money I would have got back would have been from Benneteau, Berdych, and Stepanek.

TMJordan
08-20-2009, 03:22 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahawhahahahahahaha

RODDICK SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

habibko
08-20-2009, 03:22 AM
Outplayed. That's the only way to describe Roddick in this match. People will make excuses for Roddick, but the fact is he was outplayed and I saw it coming when I watched Querrey-Lu. Pissed off I chickened out and didn't put money on big Sam.

Roddick the 2nd favourite for the US Open? I hope the people who said that are blushing now.

he was clearly tired, those were grueling last two weeks that he had, he should have withdrawn just like Del Potro.

it doesn't change anything for the USO.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 03:26 AM
he was clearly tired, those were grueling last two weeks that he had, he should have withdrawn just like Del Potro.

it doesn't change anything for the USO.

No, you're right. The guy who has a spectacularly poor record against Federer and who hasn't won an MS title in years, let alone even been to a final, is more likely to beat Federer at the USO than Murray, the guy who has a 6-2 record over Federer and has won 4 of the last 6 Masters on hard.

ArgieFan
08-20-2009, 03:29 AM
WTF Andy? Losing to this mug...

Get ready for the USO!!!!

TMJordan
08-20-2009, 03:31 AM
No, you're right. The guy who has a spectacularly poor record against Federer and who hasn't won an MS title in years, let alone even been to a final, is more likely to beat Federer at the USO than Murray, the guy who has a 6-2 record over Federer and has won 4 of the last 6 Masters on hard.

You make so much sense.

habibko
08-20-2009, 03:33 AM

watch the last time Roddick met Fed in a slam and the one Murray met Fed in a slam, tell me who had more chances to win.

hope this helps.

chowdahead25
08-20-2009, 03:34 AM

Im not trying to make excuses, but I totally noticed this as well. The sweating, I figured could have just been humidity. But he was clearly near vomiting on more than one occasion, especially midway through the second set. I thought it was quite unfortunate. Great match from Querrey though.

TMJordan
08-20-2009, 03:35 AM
watch the last time Roddick met Fed in a slam and the one Murray met Fed in a slam, tell me who had more chances to win.

hope this helps.

Don't try to beat Clydey. He is too smart and witty for you.

I seriously can't wait till the USO and Murray wins. :)

jcempire
08-20-2009, 03:35 AM

yes, His first upset against Andy Roddick

Congrat to Sam

betowiec
08-20-2009, 03:41 AM
finally Sam

Clydey
08-20-2009, 03:42 AM

hope this helps.

Murray has only met Fed in a slam once. Roddick has met him multiple times. Besides, a grasscourt match is irrelevant. Wimbledon might as well have never happen for all the relevance it has to a discussion on the US Open.

Oh, and go watch Federer-Roddick at AO 07 for a much bigger beatdown than the USO 08 final.

habibko
08-20-2009, 03:42 AM

I seriously can't wait till the USO and Murray wins. :)

he could win it, but that would be against all odds, and most likely he wouldn't have faced Fed nor Roddick en route to the title.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 03:43 AM

Dude, if I didn't know you better, I'd have sworn that was sarcasm. :lol:

tangerine_dream
08-20-2009, 03:45 AM
Jordan, I don't want your reps, send me vcash instead.

GlennMirnyi
08-20-2009, 03:46 AM
It wasn't a single. I stuck him on as part of an accumulator. I just stuck on a bunch of matches that I thought were dead certs. I even stuck on Fed at 1-100 :lol:

Nah, most of the money I would have got back would have been from Benneteau, Berdych, and Stepanek.

Parlays.

TMJordan
08-20-2009, 03:47 AM
he could win it, but that would be against all odds, and most likely he wouldn't have faced Fed nor Roddick en route to the title.

Seriously whats wrong with you?

Murray is the second fav close to Fed and will probaly be even favorite after he wins Cincy.

And stop sucking Roddicks dick, he fucking sucks, he just lost to Querrey, Murray is a big time favorite on hc against Roddick every time they play. Against all odds my ass. You will eat your words soon. I can't wait.

TMJordan
08-20-2009, 03:49 AM
Dude, if I didn't know you better, I'd have sworn that was sarcasm. :lol:
It does look like a sacrastic post, yes. But it's not. It is 100% the truth.
Jordan, I don't want your reps, send me vcash instead.
:kiss:

habibko
08-20-2009, 03:50 AM
Murray has only met Fed in a slam once. Roddick has met him multiple times. Besides, a grasscourt match is irrelevant. Wimbledon might as well have never happen for all the relevance it has to a discussion on the US Open.

Fed in Wimbledon is one of the ultimate tests in tennis, you make it sound like they were competing in golf there, it's tennis and it still counts.

you keep bringing up the 6-2 record Murray has, but we all saw how relevant Murray's H2H record was for the USO final :rolleyes:

Oh, and go watch Federer-Roddick at AO 07 for a much bigger beatdown than the USO 08 final.

Murray couldn't beat Roddick this year backed by his whole nation and as the HUGE favorite to win the match, Roddick lost 2nd Round in 2008 in that same tournament, just to show you how relevant past years results are for the next year, we are the children of today, and today Roddick has the edge over Murray.

TMJordan
08-20-2009, 03:52 AM
Roddicks number one surface is grass, Murrays favorite surface is HC. Roddick played the match of his life and won in a tight match. I don't know why this match keeps coming up. I can guarentee you if they meet at the USO it will be big time revenge and Dick won't get a set.

Laba
08-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Roger is either smiling or frowning at this result. Smiling 'cause he won't go out to Roddick in the Quarters or frowning since he's now more likely to lose to Murray in the Semis.

habibko
08-20-2009, 03:56 AM
Roddicks number one surface is grass, Murrays favorite surface is HC. Roddick played the match of his life and won in a tight match. I don't know why this match keeps coming up. I can guarentee you if they meet at the USO it will be big time revenge and Dick won't get a set.

we will see.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 03:56 AM
Fed in Wimbledon is one of the ultimate tests in tennis, you make it sound like they were competing in golf there, it's tennis and it still counts.

you keep bringing up the 6-2 record Murray has, but we all saw how relevant Murray's H2H record was for the USO final :rolleyes:

Murray couldn't beat Roddick this year backed by his whole nation and as the HUGE favorite to win the match, Roddick lost 2nd Round in 2008 in that same tournament, just to show you how relevant past years results are for the next year, we are the children of today, and today Roddick has the edge over Murray.

So you're basing all of this on one grasscourt match? Should we ignore Murray's record over Roddick on hard and how many titles he's won on hard over the past year and his record over Federer?

Yeah, that's all irrelevant because Roddick won 2 more points than Murray over 4 sets in a grasscourt match. You're delusional, mate. You're getting more and more like Fed every day. You give credit to the players Federer owns and discredit the ones he doesn't.

habibko
08-20-2009, 04:00 AM
So you're basing all of this on one grasscourt match? Should we ignore Murray's record over Roddick on hard and how many titles he's won on hard over the past year and his record over Federer?

Yeah, that's all irrelevant because Roddick won 2 more points than Murray over 4 sets in a grasscourt match. You're delusional, mate. You're getting more and more like Fed every day. You give credit to the players Federer owns and discredit the ones he doesn't.

sigh, always resorting to personal attacks against me, that's not the way to go Clydey.

Roddickominator
08-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Murray hasn't shown that he has the guts/heart/talent to win a GS yet...regardless of what he does at other tourneys.

Until he does, he should not be a favorite to beat true warriors like Fed/Nadal/Roddick on the biggest stages.

Serenidad
08-20-2009, 04:05 AM
dedicated to tangerine_dream who thinks Roddick will win another slam.

:spit:

Clydey
08-20-2009, 04:06 AM
sigh, always resorting to personal attacks against me, that's not the way to go Clydey.

It's not a personal attack. No more so than you saying to me, "You need a reality check, buddy".

You're a decent guy, Habib, but you fanboy Federer more than I could ever hope to fanboy Murray. Every loss comes with an excuse. "Oh, he's ill", "he has a bad back"", "he's tanking".

And your reasoning in this case is just beyond belief. It's as dumb as me pointing towards a claycourt match to make a point about the US Open.

Serenidad
08-20-2009, 04:09 AM
but querrey is terrible player really, last week he managed to lose petzschner so its clear that roddick played useless match.

Petzy is no joke, clown.

:rolleyes:

Serenidad
08-20-2009, 04:10 AM

hope this helps.

One was one year ago. A lot has changed, clearly. Just look at the world rankings from 52 weeks ago.

The other one was just months ago and on a different surface. Roddick is not going to play Federer that close on any surface other than grass.

Bolton'sBastard
08-20-2009, 04:11 AM
It's not a personal attack. No more so than you saying to me, "You need a reality check, buddy".

You're a decent guy, Habib, but you fanboy Federer more than I could ever hope to fanboy Murray. Every loss comes with an excuse. "Oh, he's ill", "he has a bad back"", "he's tanking".

And your reasoning in this case is just beyond belief. It's as dumb as me pointing towards a claycourt match to make a point about the US Open.

Hmm a Murray fan calling out a Federer fan.

Sorry, but I have to go with the Federer side on this. Murray's Master Series record against Federer is as worthless this year as it was last year. Federer hadn't won a hard court tournament when he entered the U.S Open and he still promptly provided Murray with a beat down in the finals. Federer is by far the favorite. I think who is second favorite is debatable when your talking about Master Series vs Grand Slams.

habibko
08-20-2009, 04:12 AM

what does this have to do with what I'm discussing here, I'm not talking about Federer.

that's how I see it, I'll leave the judgement to you, and days will prove me right or wrong.

Serenidad
08-20-2009, 04:14 AM
You're trying to apply Roddick playing Federer close on a different surfaces means he is more of a threat to Flushing Meadows than Murray.

No, you need to look at the same surface. Roddick has won jack shit on hardcourt lately. Couldn't even win his American MM tournaments. Murray, on the other hand, is winning hardcourt majors left and right and has beaten everyone that matters on the surface lately.

I can't good rep Clydey again, but boy some of you sure are clowns. Roddick is never winning another slam EVER.

TMJordan
08-20-2009, 04:16 AM
I feel stupid reading some of the posts in here.

bluefork
08-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Murray hasn't shown that he has the guts/heart/talent to win a GS yet...regardless of what he does at other tourneys.

Until he does, he should not be a favorite to beat true warriors like Fed/Nadal/Roddick on the biggest stages.

Roddick hasn't won a Grand Slam in six years and hasn't won a masters shield in three years. Murray, granted hasn't won a slam yet, but he does have two MS this year. Roddick may be coming close to winning some big titles, but Murray is the one who's actually getting the trophies at the end of the week. Not only that, but Murray has a much better record against the biggest competition at the slams. For that reason, I think you can't put Roddick ahead of him as a favorite for the U.S. Open.

Serenidad
08-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Don't be. :(

Serenidad
08-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Roddick hasn't won a Grand Slam in six years and hasn't won a masters shield in three years. Murray, granted hasn't won a slam yet, but he does have two MS this year. Roddick may be coming close to winning some big titles, but Murray is the one who's actually getting the trophies at the end of the week. For that reason, I think you can't put Roddick ahead of him as a favorite for the U.S. Open.

Roddick isn't even above Porky as a favorite. He gets to one slam final(his first in 3 years) and people think he is BACK. Back to what? Still not winning slams 2004-2008?

Ignoring that he has lost to Del Triox2 and now Querrey. Beating Djokovic isn't even a quality win these days.

Grass and hard are not the same surface. What applies there does not apply here. Worthlessdick is worthless.

Johnny Groove
08-20-2009, 04:21 AM
Roddick isn't even above Porky as a favorite.

Porky has zero chance of winning the USO.

Federer is the favorite, I think Murray is 2nd, and Del Potro and Roddick are tied for 3rd.

This match proved that winning Canada and Cincy back to back is hard as hell. JMDP wisely pulled out prior to the event smartly and now Roddick gets to rest up for New York.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 04:21 AM
Hmm a Murray fan calling out a Federer fan.

Sorry, but I have to go with the Federer side on this. Murray's Master Series record against Federer is as worthless this year as it was last year. Federer hadn't won a hard court tournament when he entered the U.S Open and he still promptly provided Murray with a beat down in the finals. Federer is by far the favorite. I think who is second favorite is debatable when your talking about Master Series vs Grand Slams.

Who said that Federer isn't the favourite? I know I didn't. He is the favourite.

However, there is no argument for Roddick as second favourite. I'm sorry, but it's one of the most idiotic suggestions I've ever heard on MTF. Habib actually said that there's more chance of Roddick beating Federer at the US Open than there is of Murray doing it. One player actually knows how to beat Federer, while the other doesn't and has consistently been beaten.

Secondly, when was the last time Roddick won anything of sigificance on hard? He doesn't even win MS titles anymore or even get to finals. Since losing in that US Open final, Murray has won, I think, 6 HC titles. He's won 3 of the last 5 MS titles on hard, and been to 4 of the last 5 finals. What has Roddick done on hard recently? He hasn't beaten Murray since 2006 on a hardcourt.

How can you weigh all of that up and even say that Roddick being second favourite for the US Open is debatable?

TMJordan
08-20-2009, 04:22 AM
Porky has zero chance of winning the USO.

Federer is the favorite, I think Murray is 2nd, and Del Potro and Roddick are tied for 3rd.

How are Del Potro and Roddick tied? Roddick is his bitch.

Roddickominator
08-20-2009, 04:22 AM
Roddick isn't even above Porky as a favorite. He gets to one slam final(his first in 3 years) and people think he is BACK. Back to what? Still not winning slams 2004-2008?

Neither has anyone else besides Nadal and Federer(and Djokovic's lucky run). Roddick has at least shown the intestinal fortitude to be able to get it done ONCE....which is over 800 zillion times more than Murray has.

Winning MM titles is a different animal than winning GS's. Murray and Del Pony can tell you the same. Until these guys step it up....they aren't the real deal.

Johnny Groove
08-20-2009, 04:24 AM
How are Del Potro and Roddick tied? Roddick is his bitch.

Well, their most recent matches went as deep into the 3rd set as possible. Although the h2h is 3-0 Del Potro, which suggests bitch status, I dont think it to be.

Del Potro also has historically had fitness problems. Over 5 sets, I'd bet on Roddick.

Hence the tie.

habibko
08-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Who said that Federer isn't the favourite? I know I didn't. He is the favourite.

However, there is no argument for Roddick as second favourite. I'm sorry, but it's one of the most idiotic suggestions I've ever heard on MTF. Habib actually said that there's more chance of Roddick beating Federer at the US Open than there is of Murray doing it. One player actually knows how to beat Federer, while the other doesn't and has consistently been beaten.

Secondly, when was the last time Roddick won anything of sigificance on hard? He doesn't even win MS titles anymore or even get to finals. Since losing in that US Open final, Murray has won, I think, 6 HC titles. He's won 3 of the last 5 MS titles on hard, and been to 4 of the last 5 finals. What has Roddick done on hard recently? He hasn't beaten Murray since 2006 on a hardcourt.

How can you weigh all of that up and even say that Roddick being second favourite for the US Open is debatable?

how much was Murray a favorite to win AO this year? how much was he a favorite to make it to the final and face Fed in Wimbledon? he was the 2nd favorite to win Wimbledon as well, and we all saw what happened then.

I'm not talking about gambling odds here, anyway I said all what I have in mind and no further discussion needed, hopefully Roddick make it and face Murray in USO, that's what will make us all happy ;)

Serenidad
08-20-2009, 04:28 AM
Neither has anyone else besides Nadal and Federer(and Djokovic's lucky run). Roddick has at least shown the intestinal fortitude to be able to get it done ONCE....which is over 800 zillion times more than Murray has.

Winning MM titles is a different animal than winning GS's. Murray and Del Pony can tell you the same. Until these guys step it up....they aren't the real deal.

Once yes, but beating who? Ferrero who did nothing since then. Well I guess AO '04 SF.

Ljubicic, Nalbandian? If you put Murray in that draw with his form he would have won too, and not saving MPs like some clowns had to.

2003 is a long time ago be done with it. He barely won that shit anyways.

Serenidad
08-20-2009, 04:30 AM
Well, their most recent matches went as deep into the 3rd set as possible. Although the h2h is 3-0 Del Potro, which suggests bitch status, I dont think it to be.

Del Potro also has historically had fitness problems. Over 5 sets, I'd bet on Roddick.

Hence the tie.

It wouldn't even go 5 sets. Del Trio would demolish that clown.

Roddick isn't even above Porky as I said. Roddick will be lucky to get to the QF and if he doesn't draw his BFF Djokobendover he will lose to any of the rest of them.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 04:32 AM
how much was Murray a favorite to win AO this year? how much was he a favorite to make it to the final and face Fed in Wimbledon? he was the 2nd favorite to win Wimbledon as well, and we all saw what happened then.

I'm not talking about gambling odds here, anyway I said all what I have in mind and no further discussion needed, hopefully Roddick make it and face Murray in USO, that's what will make us all happy ;)

Sorry, mate. You can't constantly bring up Fed's mono and ignore Murray's virus at the AO. And who cares about the Wimbledon match? You talk as though upsets never happen. It's not as if Murray lost to Acasuso on grass or something. He lost to a very good grass player in a tight match. You know how many times Fed failed (much more spectacularly than Murray) before he delivered?

I really do hope that match happens. If I believed in God, that's what I'd be praying for.

knight_ley
08-20-2009, 04:35 AM
Whoa.

Congrats to Sammy though. Hopefully he can win a few more matches now!

Pea
08-20-2009, 04:40 AM
*snickers*

Action Jackson
08-20-2009, 04:45 AM
Good work Samuel.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 04:50 AM
I wonder if Murray reads MTF or Tennis Warehouse.

Q. Would you say you're at a point in your career where, if you're being honest with yourself, anything short of winning slam might be a disappointment going into a major?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I don't think so. You know, Federer played -- I think he won slam, his 17th slam when he played. I think I've only played 15 slams, and Roger is probably the greatest player of all-time.

That is almost exactly the line I use when I refer to Murray and Fed's slam records at the same age. He actually got it wrong, though. It was Fed's 18th attempt.

Argenbrit
08-20-2009, 04:50 AM
Wow.

Roddick needs some :help:

freeandlonely
08-20-2009, 05:09 AM
Kind of expected. Congrats to Sam.

ChinoRios4Ever
08-20-2009, 05:19 AM
strategic tank :shrug:

Arkulari
08-20-2009, 05:28 AM
Not all players develop and peak at the same time, Rafa won RG on his first try at a very young age, Roger didn't really got it till he was 21 years old (almost 22) :shrug:

Muzza belongs to the Roger group, the "late bloomers" so to speak and is undoubtedly the second favorite for the US Open, if he was already a Slam winner I would put him as first, because he is the in-form player and this is his best surface, gotta give Roger the edge for the whole "Slam Beast" he is ;)

My US Open Favorites:

1. Federer
2. Murray
3. Del Potro (it would come down to fitness on his case)
4. Djokovic (this guy should never be counted out on a HC slam)
5. Roddick

CescAndyKimi
08-20-2009, 07:09 AM
Good to see this Texan ape lose.

Ivanatis
08-20-2009, 07:43 AM
right what Sam needed before the US :yeah:

UsD.AnDreS
08-20-2009, 07:48 AM
so disappointed by these Roddick and Tsonga's early round exits + JMDP not participating...was so impressed by them in Montreal..

Dini
08-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Roger is either smiling or frowning at this result. Smiling 'cause he won't go out to Roddick in the Quarters or frowning since he's now more likely to lose to Murray in the Semis.

Yes I'm sure he was really scared and had nightmares about the prospect of meeting roddick. Especially the tired kind. :)

He'll lose to Murray. That's a pre given fact in tennis if there ever was one. :lol: :o

Goldenoldie
08-20-2009, 09:34 AM

If you want a no-lose gamble bet against Murray in all his matches. Then when he wins you can consider it money well spent, but if he loses you will have cash to console you.:)

HattonWBA
08-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Very good win for Querrey regardless of Roddicks performance, Hewitt next should be a very good match

batavlada
08-20-2009, 10:41 AM
For those who think only sick Roddick can loose to Querrey, here is a list of previous matches.

2009 Washington Roddick 7-6(4), 6-4
2009 Memphis Roddick 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
2007 San Jose Roddick 6-4, 7-6(3)

Usually only one break or tiebreak decided winner. I saw Memphis match and Roddick won by making hard pressure on umpire in third. Glad that Querrey make it. He deserved. 3-1 for Roddick now.

Misterman
08-20-2009, 11:22 AM
he was about to puke couple of times and was sweating alot

LoL. Roddick sweats profusely every match he plays. You never notice it pouring off his cap? Maybe he's sick every match he plays.

Certinfy
08-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Querrey 3rd fave for USO :rocker2:

rubbERR
08-20-2009, 12:04 PM
please...maybe querrey is quite young but he is AVERAGE and will never be top player.

gulzhan
08-20-2009, 01:53 PM
:(

River
08-20-2009, 01:55 PM
A loss to Querrey and he's done >>;

Meanwhile, Federer choked the living hell out of himself at the last tournament and it's no big deal xD

Answer: Neither really mattered much. They're still in the game.

But...

As much as I hate saying it, the perspective is becoming quite clear on who's going into the US Open the clear cut favorite.

- Roger Federer choked last week. End of story. No excuses, and no saying he won't be like that in a GS. People keep saying he doesn't have to try in anything but a GS. Well there you go, he didn't try last week and got spanked by Tsonga for a few rounds.
- Juan Martin del Potro is tired. His fitness has gotten better but he knew he was done after that last final. He took this break from Cincy just for this one and to work his fitness more. 5 set matches are not good for him at all. He can only withstand one 5 setter I think, and that should be at the early rounds at best. A 5 setter in week two spells his end.
- Andy Roddick puked in his match. Why the Tennis Channel even showed that, I don't know. But what I do know is that if he doesn't get this virus or whatever crap over with before the USO then even unfit Del Potro will walk all over him.
- Rafael Nadal is struggling real bad. He's not anywhere near his form.
- Novak Djokovic is trying hard as hell to get back into form. Hire Todd Martin and let's get this shit on the road.
- Andy Murray... doesn't need to change anything but his game. He has nothing else but his game to improve on.

Unofortunately, Murray is the true top seed according to results from the US Open series. He's spanking everyone left and right, with Federer behind him, Del Potro jogging behind Fed, A-Rod getting some gas for a moment, Djokovic finally getting out of his crutches and Nadal trying to get the hell out of his wheelchair.

But hey... if it was all going according to paper, then Fed would have won all the time.

Get well Roddick, and Sam xD dude if you win this I'm gonna fangirl for you man.

tangerine_dream
08-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Nice to see that MTF isn't overreacting like they usually do.

Johnny Ice
08-20-2009, 02:53 PM

he pretended he wasn't in the press conference, but it's obvious he wasn't 100 percent. Didn't sound too motivated either; made subtle hints about the schedule being too brutal and needed some time off.

Corey Feldman
08-20-2009, 06:04 PM
YES, GTFO Roddick :D

scarecrows
08-20-2009, 06:42 PM
taco bell again?