Cincinnati R2: A. Murray beats N. Almagro 7-6(3), 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Cincinnati R2: A. Murray beats N. Almagro 7-6(3), 6-2

DrJules
08-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Muzza continues his winning ways. 4 matches more for the title (possibly).

whattheheck
08-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Go Andy!

rubbERR
08-19-2009, 09:32 PM
almagro was very bad today, spraying everything out :lol:

btw, almagro had setpoint first set

Clydey
08-19-2009, 09:33 PM
First set was sluggish. Good 2nd set, though.

Something going on with Almagro? Murray said something to him at the net at the end and wished him good luck, as though Almagro is going through something at the moment. It wasn't a normal "good luck". He sort of indicated that he knew something was going on and then wished him good luck with it.

rubbERR
08-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Clydey, tennis expert strikes again, it was Almagro who played horrible 2nd set 42% 1st serves in, Murray didnt step up his level or anything like that. :lol:

Smoke944
08-19-2009, 09:38 PM
To call what Murray did today pushing would be giving him far too much credit. Terrible match. Almago stopped trying after he lost the first set :worship::worship:

Burrow
08-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Murray is so boring. I've never seen anybody roll the ball so slow, biggest pusher ever.

samanosuke
08-19-2009, 09:40 PM
continuing to throw up when I see this killer of tennis winning

Arkulari
08-19-2009, 09:40 PM
this match was very boring, Muzza just hang in there till Almagro self-imploded :shrug:
Kudos to my fellow spaniard, because I though he would lose 6-2 6-1 or something like it :o

Laba
08-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I noticed that at the net too, Almagro looked back and said thanks before shaking hands with the umpire.

Poor match, I saw it from midway through the first set. Almagro pretty much head back to the locker room after not converting the set point before the tiebreaker. Very passive from Andy throughout the match, took a few returns early but a fair bit of pushing and moonballing which wasn't such a bad idea since his opponent started spraying pretty badly. He'll attended a sermon of sex in round three against Stepanek, which will surely be a routine win for him too. Doubt he'll be tested until the semis with Verdasco and Del Potro no longer in his quarter.

jonathancrane
08-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Muzza moonballing :lol:
What a disgrace for the sport this moron

danton
08-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Murray is so boring. I've never seen anybody roll the ball so slow, biggest pusher ever.

Don't you get a bit bored with yourself posting the same anti-Murray stuff?

Clydey
08-19-2009, 09:49 PM

Change the record please.

We know how you feel. Need you repeat yourself constantly?

jonas
08-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Poor one Muzza. Way to passive, as usual, especially in the first set which Almagro should've won.

Gilbert sure taught Murray winning ugly.

Corey Feldman
08-19-2009, 09:51 PM
take that Almagro, and dont ever celebrate in Murray's face ever again you nothing player.

Clydey
08-19-2009, 09:54 PM
take that Almagro, and dont ever celebrate in Murray's face ever again you nothing player.

You tell him, Mikey. :mad:

Fat bastard that he is.

decrepitude
08-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Don't forget this was Murray's first match, he travelled from Montreal on Monday so only had yesterday to adjust to the new conditions. Almagro had already played a match.

Murray did step it up in the second set. He was attacking the Spaniard's second serve much more, and so Almagro was trying too hard to get the first serve in and failing.

Noleta
08-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Don't forget this was Murray's first match, he travelled from Montreal on Monday so only had yesterday to adjust to the new conditions. Almagro had already played a match.

Murray did step it up in the second set. He was attacking the Spaniard's second serve much more, and so Almagro was trying too hard to get the first serve in and failing.

And yet according to Sky,he chose to travel by car(15H drive)instead of flying:shrug:

decrepitude
08-19-2009, 10:02 PM
And yet according to Sky,he chose to travel by car(15H drive)instead of flying:shrug:

He didn't drive, his fitness trainer was driving. Andy slept in the back. He is rather sick of airports and their delays, he says.

Corey Feldman
08-19-2009, 10:04 PM
least he saved some air fare - coz of that new house he had to pay for

DekuTheEvilClown
08-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Was indeed a wierd handshake. Murray actually said Sorry to him. No idea what it's all about.

Sunset of Age
08-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Muzza off his routine, Almagro taking his chances in the first set - until the TB. At least that set was entertaining... :toothy:
Thereafter, after losing the TB, Almagro went MIA, and Muzza just cruised through, like he ought.
A :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: affair.

Congrats Muzza! :hatoff:

Noleta
08-19-2009, 10:10 PM
He didn't drive, his fitness trainer was driving. Andy slept in the back. He is rather sick of airports and their delays, he says.

He has yet to learn how to drive:pBut i think a 15H journey is more tiring,even though it was in the back of the car:shrug:

least he saved some air fare - coz of that new house he had to pay for

:lol:Avery sensible man:p

Voo de Mar
08-19-2009, 10:11 PM
NID. Almagro is the worst tie-breaker in Top 50. Actually he was lost after wasting setpoint at 6:5*.

Sapeod
08-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Clydey, tennis expert strikes again, it was Almagro who played horrible 2nd set 42% 1st serves in, Murray didnt step up his level or anything like that. :lol:
:bs: Murray played better, hance the easier scoreline. Just get over it, you're most disliked player has won another match.

Sapeod
08-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Wow. You're almost as predictable as GlennMirnyi.

continuing to throw up when I see this killer of tennis winning
Why did you watch it then?

Corey Feldman
08-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Was indeed a wierd handshake. Murray actually said Sorry to him. No idea what it's all about.almagro probably moaned "why you take Rafitio's number2??"

:sad:

rubbERR
08-19-2009, 10:21 PM
murray the pushing machine strikes again. :lol:

rocketassist
08-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Perhaps Almagro's affair with a 14 year old in Sweden has reached Swedish authorities and he faces a fight to clear his name? :lol: :lol:

Sapeod
08-19-2009, 10:43 PM
murray the pushing machine strikes again. :lol:
Damn, I can't badrep you again :sad:

philosophicalarf
08-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Don't forget this was Murray's first match, he travelled from Montreal on Monday so only had yesterday to adjust to the new conditions.

Prolly a fairly easy adjustment for him though, the bounce and pace suits him down to the ground. It's like Federer adjusting to grass, probably only needs a few games and he's dialled in.

Also likely helps Montreal was pretty humid last week, so not that dissimilar.

TMJordan
08-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Go on Andy.

chammer44
08-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Poor one Muzza. Way to passive, as usual, especially in the first set which Almagro should've won.

Right. In spite of being soundly beaten in the tie break.

Bloody genius.

Saya-nee-sama
08-19-2009, 11:07 PM
there are some hilarious people in here. gave me a good laugh.
Congrats to my most disliked top 10 player. :bigclap:

l_mac
08-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Did anyone get the stats?

Clydey
08-19-2009, 11:23 PM

Only the ones on the ATP scoreboard. Doesn't have winners/errors count, though.

l_mac
08-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Only the ones on the ATP scoreboard. Doesn't have winners/errors count, though.

It had them on SKY :( Didn't you record the match?

Did he win 100% of points behind his 1st serve?

Smoke944
08-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Did Murray hit 5 winners from the baseline? :confused:

Clydey
08-19-2009, 11:26 PM
By the way, Andy Murray is rapping on the Bryan Brothers' upcoming album. Apparently, he "killed it".

http://twitpic.com/efpzc

Clydey
08-19-2009, 11:27 PM
It had them on SKY :( Didn't you record the match?

Did he win 100% of points behind his 1st serve?

No, didn't record it. Scoreboard has that stat, though.

26/26 points won on first serve, so yeah 100%.

Smoke944
08-19-2009, 11:28 PM
By the way, Andy Murray is rapping on the Bryan Brothers' upcoming album. Apparently, he "killed it".

http://twitpic.com/efpzc

Greatest picture ever. Who is laying on the bed seductively? :lol:

edit: nvm it's Ross Hutchins.
Too funny.

Clydey
08-19-2009, 11:32 PM
I should add that Djokovic has added his vocals to the album as well. Here's the video.

BckaQzEyx58

scoobs
08-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Nice and easy does it for the first match Andy.

Now step it up for Stepa.

fast_clay
08-19-2009, 11:50 PM
First set was sluggish. Good 2nd set, though.

Something going on with Almagro? Murray said something to him at the net at the end and wished him good luck, as though Almagro is going through something at the moment. It wasn't a normal "good luck". He sort of indicated that he knew something was going on and then wished him good luck with it.

i would just like to clear up a lot of confusion about this altercation between murray and almagro... it was nothing untoward, almagro had just let murray know that he was about to reheat some nachos that he failed to finish two nights ago... andy was just wishing him good luck with that...

Clydey
08-19-2009, 11:59 PM
i would just like to clear up a lot of confusion about this altercation between murray and almagro... it was nothing untoward, almagro had just let murray know that he was about to reheat some nachos that he failed to finish two nights ago... andy was just wishing him good luck with that...

I think I owe you an apology. You know what this about.

Sorry.

fast_clay
08-20-2009, 12:10 AM
I think I owe you an apology. You know what this about.

Sorry.

salmonella was a common problem in the scottish household for some decades... murray is well aware of the potential dangers almagro was to face... good bloke this muzz...

Clydey
08-20-2009, 12:13 AM
salmonella was a common problem in the scottish household for some decades... murray is well aware of the potential dangers almagro was to face... good bloke this muzz...

I should never have bet against Gooch again. He smoked Tsonga in straights. Fucking animal, this ginger bastard.

decrepitude
08-20-2009, 12:17 AM

According to the stats on tennistv.com, Muzza had 20 winners to 18 UE. Almagro had 17 winners to 41 UE.

The "pusher" had more winners than the attacker. . .;)

Clydey
08-20-2009, 12:20 AM
According to the stats on tennistv.com, Muzza had 20 winners to 18 UE. Almagro had 17 winners to 41 UE.

The "pusher" had more winners than the attacker. . .;)

That's thing. Murray picks his moments to attack. It seems you have to go for a winner within 5 shots to not be considered a pusher. Who cares about constructing points and creating openings, after all?

decrepitude
08-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Did you read the Chardy interview after their match at Montreal? I'm too tired to look it up now, but the gist was something like: "You think he is playing defensively, but he is just waiting, and if you attack he counterattacks"

Clydey
08-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Did you read the Chardy interview after their match at Montreal? I'm too tired to look it up now, but the gist was something like: "You think he is playing defensively, but he is just waiting, and if you attack he counterattacks"

Yeah, think I might have read that. People don't seem to understand, though. Everything is black or white. Be damned with subtlety. You either play low percentage tennis or you're boring.

ballbasher101
08-20-2009, 12:37 AM
I am a little worried that Muzza might burnout before the US open. Winning the title here would be nice but not at the expense of going into the US open tired.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 12:42 AM
I am a little worried that Muzza might burnout before the US open. Winning the title here would be nice but not at the expense of going into the US open tired.

He has a week's rest and pretty much won Montreal at a canter. Like he said, he had enough rest post Wimbledon. He shouldn't be tired for the Open.

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Almagro played great (on his SERVE) in the first set, but when it came to the tie-break, he just mentally broke down - he should have opened up those tubby shoulders and just went all out - go for winners, people who usually do this are the ones who just pulverise Murray.

ballbasher101
08-20-2009, 12:56 AM
He has a week's rest and pretty much won Montreal at a canter. Like he said, he had enough rest post Wimbledon. He shouldn't be tired for the Open.

The thing with Muzza is that he still lacks the killer instinct in the majors thus he gets dragged into a lot of 5 set matches early on. He should be killing the likes of Wawa and Llodra with ruthless efficiency. Winning the early rounds as quickly as possible is a must from here onwards.

fast_clay
08-20-2009, 12:57 AM
murray's winners usually come after both point building... yes, he hit more winners... but not in the first shots of a rally... winners will usually flow on the end of some gruelling stuff where the player is disarmed physically, then tactically with a winner... for the most part, i think that many people feel that so many players have a big, big chance against murray while watching, and i am also sure the players feel as though they are in the point as murray does let them play - murray just doesnt let them play their Greatest Hits collection... frustrating guy...

Clydey
08-20-2009, 12:58 AM
The thing with Muzza is that he still lacks the killer instinct in the majors thus he gets dragged into a lot of 5 set matches early on. He should be killing the likes of Wawa and Llodra with ruthless efficiency. Winning the early rounds as quickly as possible is a must from here onwards.

You could say the same for Federer. He's been getting dragged into all sorts of long matches early in slams.

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 01:02 AM
You could say the same for Federer. He's been getting dragged into all sorts of long matches early in slams.

Almost disgusting how you compare Federer to Murray - Federer who has huge experience in Grand Slams and has humiliated Murray at the one Slam that they have met, has 15 Grand Slam titles - he knows exactly how to play the Grand Slams, that's why he has 15 and Murray, has none. :)

fast_clay
08-20-2009, 01:03 AM

yeah i agree about the early round action... this is probably why del potro has an equal chance to murray at winning his first major in the next year... del potro can dismiss his rd1, 2 and 3 opponents in a pretty quick and painless fashion...

i dont have a problem with the way murray goes about his early round business, because murray's fitness is leaps and bounds above del potro, and has been realistic enough to recognise this himself... where he needs tweaking, imo of course, is at SF and Finals time... and the only way you can tweak a game at that level is to get more game time at that level... twice he has fallen victim vs Fed (USO'08) and Roddick (W'09)... both times letting the horse bolt to see if it would hit the wall, both times the horse just bolted... game over...

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 01:05 AM
yeah i agree about the early round action... this is probably why del potro has an equal chance to murray at winning his first major in the next year... del potro can dismiss his rd1, 2 and 3 opponents in a pretty quick and painless fashion...

i dont have a problem with the way murray goes about his early round business, because murray's fitness is leaps and bounds above del potro, and has been realistic enough to recognise this himself... where he needs tweaking, imo of course, is at SF and Finals time... and the only way you can tweak a game at that level is to get more game time at that level... twice he has fallen victim vs Fed (USO'08) and Roddick (W'09)... both times letting the horse bolt to see if it would hit the wall, both times the horse just bolted... game over...

Posters like Clydey will never understand this. I completely agree. Murray has no experience towards the deeper end of a Grand Slam.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Almost disgusting how you compare Federer to Murray - Federer who has huge experience in Grand Slams and has humiliated Murray at the one Slam that they have met, has 15 Grand Slam titles - he knows exactly how to play the Grand Slams, that's why he has 15 and Murray, has none. :)

He's 28 and Murray is 22. Federer only had one at the stage Murray is at in his career, having just turned 22.

And you really need to grow the fuck up. Disgusting? No, mate. Disgusting is your level of sycophancy.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Posters like Clydey will never understand this. I completely agree. Murray has no experience towards the deeper end of a Grand Slam.

So a semi and a final is "no experience"?

ballbasher101
08-20-2009, 01:14 AM

The Federer of old used to sweep players aside with ridiculous ease. Murray will get there sooner rather than later.

fast_clay
08-20-2009, 01:15 AM

there is nothing wrong with making a mistake, nor making it twice... ask lendl... edberg says that of all the players he can liken murray to its lendl... all the shots, multiple tournament wins.. but, takes time to select the right play at GS time for a player like that... i won't even be overly surprised if Murray has a losing record in GSlam Finals by the time he is finished, fortunately, like lendl, he'll see plenty...

Clydey
08-20-2009, 01:16 AM
The Federer of old used to sweep players aside with ridiculous ease. Murray will get there sooner rather than later.

Yes, but I mean Federer is currently still cleaning up at the majors even though he's playing a lot of 4-setters and 5-setters early on.

stebs
08-20-2009, 01:25 AM
I don't think I would call one or two five setters which is all Federer or Murray have played in a single slam is 'a lot'. Also playing two five setters in a slam is not a problem for fit players. It shouldn't be anyway as long as they're getting rest days. Murray was mentally a little tired vs Federer in the US '08 match but he also got outplayed to an extent and that was his first really deep run in a slam as well, less than great performances are normal in those circumstances.

I really don't agree with the whole Murray sucks in GS thing. He isn't good enough on clay to be getting good results so just looking at his past 4 tournaments away from it, a final, a semi, a quarter and a fourth round. Those results are good. They aren't great but they aren't the results of a guy who is weak in slams.

ballbasher101
08-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Yes, but I mean Federer is currently still cleaning up at the majors even though he's playing a lot of 4-setters and 5-setters early on.

I don't think it is a secret that Federer's game does not take too much out of him. I swear that I have never seen Federer huffing and puffing. Murray has the potential to win matches easily but his serve can be good and also average at times. Murray will learn how to get the best out of his game soon so I am not too worried.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 01:34 AM
I don't think I would call one or two five setters which is all Federer or Murray have played in a single slam is 'a lot'. Also playing two five setters in a slam is not a problem for fit players. It shouldn't be anyway as long as they're getting rest days. Murray was mentally a little tired vs Federer in the US '08 match but he also got outplayed to an extent and that was his first really deep run in a slam as well, less than great performances are normal in those circumstances.

I really don't agree with the whole Murray sucks in GS thing. He isn't good enough on clay to be getting good results so just looking at his past 4 tournaments away from it, a final, a semi, a quarter and a fourth round. Those results are good. They aren't great but they aren't the results of a guy who is weak in slams.

It's a bit of a misconception born out of some bad luck Murray's had. People forget that he basically missed 3 slams in 2007. Then in 2008, he was taken by surprise by Tsonga. Then in Australia, he came down with a virus. He's actually still played in fewer majors than Fed had when he reached his first final/won his first slam.

He's had a fair amount of bad luck. The only match I can say I'm truly disappointed with is the match with Roddick at Wimbledon. I think he should be beating Roddick on any surface, and would have if he hadn't been so tentative on the big points (that set point on a second serve in the 3rd set tiebreaker still haunts me).

rubbERR
08-20-2009, 01:37 AM
murray, grandslam mug ;'(

stebs
08-20-2009, 01:37 AM
The only match I can say I'm truly disappointed with is the match with Roddick at Wimbledon. I think he should be beating Roddick on any surface, and would have if he hadn't been so tentative on the big points (that set point on a second serve in the 3rd set tiebreaker still haunts me).
Roddick is a very good player on grass and he was better than Murray on the day. I thought it was a good match that one and yes Murray was too tentative on the big points but Roddick was serving Murray off the court when it mattered and that's what got him to the final. Murray isn't so good that he 'should' be beating another top player all the time and that's what Roddick is.

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 01:45 AM
So a semi and a final is "no experience"?

A semi final where he was just out-classed by an inferior player? Yes, that shows a lack of experience to me, Roddick was better than Murray in every single department that match.

A final where Federer should have really won 6-0 7-5 6-0, but you get the point; again, Murray was completely outclassed, thus showing, a lack of experience.

Until he wins one, it's a lack of experience. But I guess that's your excuse for why Murray was bagelled by Gonzalez at this year's French Open - lack of experience?

He's 28 and Murray is 22. Federer only had one at the stage Murray is at in his career, having just turned 22.

And you really need to grow the fuck up. Disgusting? No, mate. Disgusting is your level of sycophancy.

Federer at 22-26 was in just brutal form - he was winning very, very easily, while Murray at 22 still cannot reach a Grand Slam final (this year).

Clydey
08-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Roddick is a very good player on grass and he was better than Murray on the day. I thought it was a good match that one and yes Murray was too tentative on the big points but Roddick was serving Murray off the court when it mattered and that's what got him to the final. Murray isn't so good that he 'should' be beating another top player all the time and that's what Roddick is.

Murray is a bad enough matchup for Roddick that I think he should There are players who I don't think Murray should or will beat all the time. However, the way Murray matches up with Roddick, I wouldn't be surprised to see him create a very dominant H2H.

Murray was actually getting a lot of Roddick's first serves back. His passing let him down big time, though. That's one thing I didn't expect. Roddick's approaches were spot on. He kept them low and Murray didn't seem to be able to get underneath the ball.

rocketassist
08-20-2009, 01:49 AM
A semi final where he was just out-classed by an inferior player? Yes, that shows a lack of experience to me, Roddick was better than Murray in every single department that match.

A final where Federer should have really won 6-0 7-5 6-0, but you get the point; again, Murray was completely outclassed, thus showing, a lack of experience.

Until he wins one, it's a lack of experience. But I guess that's your excuse for why Murray was bagelled by Gonzalez at this year's French Open - lack of experience?

Federer at 22-26 was in just brutal form - he was winning very, very easily, while Murray at 22 still cannot reach a Grand Slam final (this year).

Wow get off the drugs man. Federer should have won 0, 5 and 0? Murray was robbed of a break point conversion in the second set at 1-1.

Gonzalez is much better than Murray on clay, is that an upset to you? Roddick is better on grass as well, it's not like its an upset.

Only the Verdasco match was a real letdown from him.

roberthenman
08-20-2009, 01:52 AM
Come On Andy :rocker:
continuos the victorys :yeah:

Clydey
08-20-2009, 01:53 AM

In what way was Murray outclassed by Roddick? Roddick literally won 2 more points than Murray. It was a very tight match, so why pretend that it was some sort of beatdown?

I like how you say that Roddick was better than Murray in every single department. Allow me to enlighten you.

Murray hit more winners, more aces, and hit fewer unforced errors than Roddick. Get your facts right before pretending that you actually have a clue.

And I don't need an excuse for Murray's losses to Federer and Gonzo. Federer outplayed Murray and Gonzo is a better clay courter. Bugger all to do with experience. He lost. It happens.

Who cares about the years from 23-26? We have no idea what Murray will do at that age.

By the time Federer had just turned 22 (which Murray has), he had reached one major final, winning that final.

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 01:54 AM
Wow get off the drugs man. Federer should have won 0, 5 and 0? Murray was robbed of a break point conversion in the second set at 1-1.

Gonzalez is much better than Murray on clay, is that an upset to you? Roddick is better on grass as well, it's not like its an upset.

Only the Verdasco match was a real letdown from him.

Federer was up 4-0 in the first set and had break points for 5-0 (where he would have served out a 6-0 victory), second set he was up 4-2 but lost a break to Murray, he then broke straight back to win the second set.

Third set however, was the epitome of just how low Murray is compared to Federer; in a Grand Slam final, Fed at 27, Murray at 21, Murray the fitter player (Federer had mono that year and just look at how fit Murray is), Federer goes 5-0 up, just out-classing Murray in everything - returning, backhands, forehands, serve, etc.. Murray didn't know what to do - and that is a lack of experience, something he has to sort out.

Or pray he doesn't play Federer if he ever reaches a Grand Slam final. :confused:

Clydey
08-20-2009, 01:55 AM

I keep forcing myself not to bring that up. People think you're making excuses. It was a huge moment, though. If Murray gets that break (as he should have), he probably wins the second set and levels the match. As it happened, he goes on to lose the set and is completely deflated in the third.

It was actually at 2-2 he was robbed of a break.

rocketassist
08-20-2009, 01:57 AM
Federer was up 4-0 in the first set and had break points for 5-0 (where he would have served out a 6-0 victory), second set he was up 4-2 but lost a break to Murray, he then broke straight back to win the second set.

Third set however, was the epitome of just how low Murray is compared to Federer; in a Grand Slam final, Fed at 27, Murray at 21, Murray the fitter player (Federer had mono that year and just look at how fit Murray is), Federer goes 5-0 up, just out-classing Murray in everything - returning, backhands, forehands, serve, etc.. Murray didn't know what to do - and that is a lack of experience, something he has to sort out.

Or pray he doesn't play Federer if he ever reaches a Grand Slam final. :confused:

It would help if you got a clue. Federer served first every set so how he would be serving at 4-0 up is quite beyond me. :lol:

Stop wanking to your boy Federer. Yeah 15 slams, so fucking what? His backhand wasn't that good in the final but his serve and forehand were.

Federer had a day's rest so there was no way Murray was the 'fitter player' in the final, even if fitness had nothing to do with the result, which it didn't.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 01:58 AM

What the fuck are you smoking? Did you even watch the match?

Murray was not down 4-0 in that first set, nor was he down 4-2 in the second. Federer broke Murray right at the start of the second set and then Murray broke straight back. He then got robbed of a break at 2-2. The rest of the set went with serve until Federer broke at 6-5.

You really are a lying tool.

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 02:02 AM
In what way was Murray outclassed by Roddick? Roddick literally won 2 more points than Murray. It was a very tight match, so why pretend that it was some sort of beatdown?

I like how you say that Roddick was better than Murray in every single department. Allow me to enlighten you.

Murray hit more winners, more aces, and hit fewer unforced errors than Roddick. Get your facts right before pretending that you actually have a clue.

And I don't need an excuse for Murray's losses to Federer and Gonzo. Federer outplayed Murray and Gonzo is a better clay courter. Bugger all to do with experience. He lost. It happens.

Who cares about the years from 23-26? We have no idea what Murray will do at that age.

By the time Federer had just turned 22 (which Murray has), he had reached one major final, winning that final.

For all people viewing this post, this is a typical fanboy (Clydey), unable to understand and appreciate a DIFFERENT view to their player - your example here being Murray, who you seem to think is superior in various aspects to Roddick in that Wimbledon match - Aces, UE, etc.. We have had this discussion before, about me saying Murray isn't the best returner, you showing a blind view and bringing up statistics (which you could have made up) saying Murray is the best returner in the tour.

What you do not consider however, is this (and I want you to think about this before you make a silly post)

*When was Roddick serving his aces/service winners and when was Murray serving his?

(Answer to that, is in the tie-breaks Roddick's serve was unbelievable, while Murray's serve failed him)

*When were the errors coming from Roddick? When Murray had that set-point in the tie-breaker? No, Roddick focused - Murray made the error and this is why Roddick gave him a beatdown, EVERY SINGLE TIME it came down to the important moments - Roddick was the better player, maybe Murray suffers mentally or something because he has done this a couple of times, a few years back he should have beaten Nadal at the AO, but he suffered from a lack of instinctive intelligence - he didn't know when to make that important ace, Gonzo this year on clay, Federer at US Open, don't even get me started on the Verdasco match at AO, WTA-like stuff from Murray there.

Rather than everything being about stats - look at WHEN Murray was making the great returns, at 40-0 up on Roddick's serve, making a return-winner, is NOTHING, as Roddick will just make an ace and win the game, you do not see this kind of view, and it makes you a shallow and unintelligent poster, maybe you could watch the Murray-Roddick match again and see where I am coming from.

;)

Clydey
08-20-2009, 02:09 AM
For all people viewing this post, this is a typical fanboy (Clydey), unable to understand and appreciate a DIFFERENT view to their player - your example here being Murray, who you seem to think is superior in various aspects to Roddick in that Wimbledon match - Aces, UE, etc.. We have had this discussion before, about me saying Murray isn't the best returner, you showing a blind view and bringing up statistics (which you could have made up) saying Murray is the best returner in the tour.

What you do not consider however, is this (and I want you to think about this before you make a silly post)

*When was Roddick serving his aces/service winners and when was Murray serving his?

(Answer to that, is in the tie-breaks Roddick's serve was unbelievable, while Murray's serve failed him)

*When were the errors coming from Roddick? When Murray had that set-point in the tie-breaker? No, Roddick focused - Murray made the error and this is why Roddick gave him a beatdown, EVERY SINGLE TIME it came down to the important moments - Roddick was the better player, maybe Murray suffers mentally or something because he has done this a couple of times, a few years back he should have beaten Nadal at the AO, but he suffered from a lack of instinctive intelligence - he didn't know when to make that important ace, Gonzo this year on clay, Federer at US Open, don't even get me started on the Verdasco match at AO, WTA-like stuff from Murray there.

Rather than everything being about stats - look at WHEN Murray was making the great returns, at 40-0 up on Roddick's serve, making a return-winner, is NOTHING, as Roddick will just make an ace and win the game, you do not see this kind of view, and it makes you a shallow and unintelligent poster, maybe you could watch the Murray-Roddick match again and see where I am coming from.

;)

No one is denying that Roddick was the better player in that match. I said as much just after the match finished. He thoroughly deserved the win.

I am simply objecting to your idiotic assertion that Roddick gave Murray a beating (he won 2 more points than him in the whole match) and that he outclassed Murray in every department. The stats suggest otherwise. No one is denying that the better player won. What I am objecting to is this complete fairytale of a scenario that you have dreamt up, in which Roddick blasted Murray off the court like he was a junior. Get your facts right.

Oh, and I didn't make up the stats about Murray's return. Want a link? I can actually backup what I say. I don't make shit up and hope that people don't check up on the statements that I make.

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 02:10 AM
It would help if you got a clue. Federer served first every set so how he would be serving at 4-0 up is quite beyond me. :lol:

Stop wanking to your boy Federer. Yeah 15 slams, so fucking what? His backhand wasn't that good in the final but his serve and forehand were.

Federer had a day's rest so there was no way Murray was the 'fitter player' in the final, even if fitness had nothing to do with the result, which it didn't.

Haha the typical English man in a couple of sentences; 15 Grand slams, so what? A British player will never even win 10 Grand Slams let alone 15, you do not appreciate or understand just how many Grand Slams someone like Federer has, because you live in a nation full of depression, it's only natural.

And if you saw the match (I could get a highlight reel here to back me up), Federer's BH was fine in that match, the low slice, the drop shots and even the winners he hit on the BH were just great, again if you want me to I can get a YouTube highlight reel of the humiliation Murray received at the US Open 08 and how Federer used his backhand, forehand, serve, etc, to beat Murray, if you want..

Fitness had nothing to do with the result? In tennis fitness is everything, that's why you don't see a 45 year over-weight man playing professional tennis, because he is too old and he isn't fit enough.. Lack of knowledge is truly breath-taking so learn from me; fitness does matter with the result.

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 02:13 AM
No one is denying that Roddick was the better player in that match. I said as much just after the match finished. He thoroughly deserved the win.

I am simply objecting to your idiotic assertion that Roddick gave Murray a beating (he won 2 more points than him in the whole match) and that he outclassed Murray in every department. The stats suggest otherwise. No one is denying that the better player won. What I am objecting to is this complete fairytale of a scenario that you have dreamt up, in which Roddick blasted Murray off the court like he was a junior. Get your facts right.

Oh, and I didn't make up the stats about Murray's return. Want a link? I can actually backup what I say. I don't make shit up and hope that people don't check up on the statements that I make.

Did you even read my previous post about you being so intrigued by statistics that you cannot look at a more general, tactical view? I told you - research your stuff before you make a silly post but you just don't listen (or read, for that matter...), let's go back to the basics here.

Did I say, at any one point - Roddick blasted Murray off the court like he was a junior.

Check it up, I don't think I said it. I did say (I think) that Murray suffered a beatdown - when it came down to the important moments (and there were a lot of them, like that unbelievable set-point Murray had... which he lost), Roddick won every time, so it was a beat-down in a way.

rubbERR
08-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Clydey is one helluva fanboy, ive never seen guy defend with this kind of passion, remarkable effort. Im sure that he is destined to to save Murray's ass this forum at least couple of years.

rocketassist
08-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Haha the typical English man in a couple of sentences; 15 Grand slams, so what? A British player will never even win 10 Grand Slams let alone 15, you do not appreciate or understand just how many Grand Slams someone like Federer has, because you live in a nation full of depression, it's only natural.

And if you saw the match (I could get a highlight reel here to back me up), Federer's BH was fine in that match, the low slice, the drop shots and even the winners he hit on the BH were just great, again if you want me to I can get a YouTube highlight reel of the humiliation Murray received at the US Open 08 and how Federer used his backhand, forehand, serve, etc, to beat Murray, if you want..

Fitness had nothing to do with the result? In tennis fitness is everything, that's why you don't see a 45 year over-weight man playing professional tennis, because he is too old and he isn't fit enough.. Lack of knowledge is truly breath-taking so learn from me; fitness does matter with the result.

You're clearly a WUM who is just after a snap to make himself look good. You're a Fed fanboy whose only slogan is 'look at me, my man's won 15 slams, you Brits have won 0' ooh big deal, you can stop tossing off, your dick's probably red with sores now.

I saw the match yes, Federer outplayed Murray, and Fed at that level outplays anyone else on tour right now, so what's your point.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 02:16 AM
Did you even read my previous post about you being so intrigued by statistics that you cannot look at a more general, tactical view? I told you - research your stuff before you make a silly post but you just don't listen (or read, for that matter...), let's go back to the basics here.

Did I say, at any one point - Roddick blasted Murray off the court like he was a junior.

Check it up, I don't think I said it. I did say (I think) that Murray suffered a beatdown - when it came down to the important moments (and there were a lot of them, like that unbelievable set-point Murray had... which he lost), Roddick won every time, so it was a beat-down in a way.

No, it wasn't a beatdown. Not in any way, shape, or form. You're delusional.

I love how you ask me to check my facts when you literally got every single statement you made about the Fed-Murray USO 08 final wrong.

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 02:20 AM
You're clearly a WUM who is just after a snap to make himself look good. You're a Fed fanboy whose only slogan is 'look at me, my man's won 15 slams, you Brits have won 0' ooh big deal, you can stop tossing off, your dick's probably red with sores now.

I saw the match yes, Federer outplayed Murray, and Fed at that level outplays anyone else on tour right now, so what's your point.

What's funny to me is that I am not even a Federer fan (if you look at my username you will see who I support); I just see that kind of passion a lot of British supporters have for Murray, and a lot of posters like you have a misinformed view on professional tennis and how it works, saying things like "this is a weak era" when statistics and tactics will just prove you completely wrong - but I'll save that for a different time.

I can understand your depressive, bitter style of posting - England have won nothing, in tennis, or football, for a long time, it's natural for someone to get angry at a lack of success while they see players like Federer, who is a long way out of his prime, winning 2 Grand Slams in a row to make his case for the GOAT, while their "boy", Andy Murray, is being bagelled on clay by Gonzalez and losing to Roddick, a player he beat at Wimbledon a few years ago, comfortably.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 02:21 AM
What's funny to me is that I am not even a Federer fan (if you look at my username you will see who I support); I just see that kind of passion a lot of British supporters have for Murray, and a lot of posters like you have a misinformed view on professional tennis and how it works, saying things like "this is a weak era" when statistics and tactics will just prove you completely wrong - but I'll save that for a different time.

I can understand your depressive, bitter style of posting - England have won nothing, in tennis, or football, for a long time, it's natural for someone to get angry at a lack of success while they see players like Federer, who is a long way out of his prime, winning 2 Grand Slams in a row to make his case for the GOAT, while their "boy", Andy Murray, is being bagelled on clay by Gonzalez and losing to Roddick, a player he beat at Wimbledon a few years ago, comfortably.

Murray isn't from England. Fucking hell, you're ignorant.

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 02:22 AM
No, it wasn't a beatdown. Not in any way, shape, or form. You're delusional.

I love how you ask me to check my facts when you literally got every single statement you made about the Fed-Murray USO 08 final wrong.

So, was it a "close" match, that, when the "close" moments arrived, Roddick won every time? I think you are the delusional one here - Roddick was clearly the better player on the day, maybe the stats do not show this, but he was the one that reached the final and not Murray therefore, he was the better player.

Federer was up a break in the second set before it was 5-5, and was up 5-0 in the third set, the first set I think I got wrong, but it still showed how dominant he was on the day.

thegreendestiny
08-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Go Andy Go! :bounce:

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Murray isn't from England. Fucking hell, you're ignorant.

It was related to rocketassist, who is from England, I was trying to sympathize with him being a very bitter poster on these forums, who is the ignorant one here?

Murray may not be English, but he is British... so he does get some English fans right here, they would rather see him win than someone from Argentina, Mexico, Spain, etc..

:) Why are you so angry Clydey?

Clydey
08-20-2009, 02:27 AM
So, was it a "close" match, that, when the "close" moments arrived, Roddick won every time? I think you are the delusional one here - Roddick was clearly the better player on the day, maybe the stats do not show this, but he was the one that reached the final and not Murray therefore, he was the better player.

Federer was up a break in the second set before it was 5-5, and was up 5-0 in the third set, the first set I think I got wrong, but it still showed how dominant he was on the day.

Federer was up a break at the start of the second set. He was not up 4-2, as you stated. Murray broke him back immediately in the second set and was robbed of a break at 2-2, which would have put him up a break.

And he was not up 4-0 in the first set. It was 2-2 in the first and then Federer won 4 games in a row.

Yes, Federer was up 5-0 in the 3rd. Murray was completely deflated by then. No wonder, given that the biggest decision of the match went against him.

rocketassist
08-20-2009, 02:28 AM

And it's typical for a fucking convict to have this view isn't it. Come Monday you and your ilk may well be the ones seething with bitterness and it's never sweeter when it's coming from the land of Oz.

This is a weak era full stop. Good Federer would hardly lose a set anywhere. And as i've told you, Gonzalez is a far better clay court player than Murray is so that wasn't an upset in a billion years.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 02:29 AM
It was related to rocketassist, who is from England, I was trying to sympathize with him being a very bitter poster on these forums, who is the ignorant one here?

Murray may not be English, but he is British... so he does get some English fans right here, they would rather see him win than someone from Argentina, Mexico, Spain, etc..

:) Why are you so angry Clydey?

I'm not angry. I just don't like people who lie to try and make a point. Rather than stick to facts, you just completely made up a bunch of nonsense about last year's USO final and the semi betweent Roddick and Murray.

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 02:32 AM
And it's typical for a fucking convict to have this view isn't it. Come Monday you and your ilk may well be the ones seething with bitterness and it's never sweeter when it's coming from the land of Oz.

This is a weak era full stop. Good Federer would hardly lose a set anywhere. And as i've told you, Gonzalez is a far better clay court player than Murray is so that wasn't an upset in a billion years.

I am not even going to stoop this low and respond to this, maybe you will grow-up at one point and realise your mistake here.

Weak era? Maybe, but Federer still has to compete in this era, he cannot go back 10 or 20 years time, he cannot control time, in 100 years time people may even look at this as a strong era, you need to have an ALTERNATIVE point of view, it makes your arguments better. :)

rocketassist
08-20-2009, 02:33 AM
I am not even going to stoop this low and respond to this, maybe you will grow-up at one point and realise your mistake here.

Weak era? Maybe, but Federer still has to compete in this era, he cannot go back 10 or 20 years time, he cannot control time, in 100 years time people may even look at this as a strong era, you need to have an ALTERNATIVE point of view, it makes your arguments better. :)

Go back to the Beijing Olympics and tell me who the bitter nation was there. Which nation was the one writing derogatory, envious, hate filled shite in their newspapers because of their inferior medal tally? Wasn't us. :wavey:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/latest-news/poms-are-winning-call-an-inquiry/2008/08/18/1218911573038.html

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 02:36 AM
Go back to the Beijing Olympics and tell me who the bitter nation was there. Which nation was the one writing derogatory, envious, hate filled shite in their newspapers because of their inferior medal tally? Wasn't us. :wavey:

Inferior medal tally? England would know all about the word "inferior".

I really don't want to stoop this low, to your gibbon-level intelligence arguments.

abraxas21
08-20-2009, 03:31 AM
it's undersntadable that the english have gotten to the point of supporting a scot like murray. in a weird way, they still have their deluded delusions of past greatness and thus they like to hold on to them as much as they can by the way of thinking they (as brits) are good at sports.

however, that won't change the fact that murray is disgrace to tennis. his pusher and unattractive style kills tennis. i honestly prefer a serve and volley type of player than watching murray play and -what's even worse- winning.

oh, and it tells a lot when you hear english saying with genuine pride that they managed to get more medals than australia at beijing when you consider that the uk has over 3 times the population of oz. kind of pathetic.

iSzavay.
08-20-2009, 04:12 AM
Hmm either way I'm happy and sad...

Poor Nico :( nice try though :).

Muzza :yeah::banana: I'm thinking he's gonna defend his title...

HattonWBA
08-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Almagro served well in the first set but was poor after missing set point in the first set. Anyway solid win for Murray

federersforehand
08-20-2009, 11:34 AM
I smell jealousy in abundance here, Murray won again, now stfu and move on haters. As for me i like the fact that Muzza is continuing his winning ways, and its great for the sport and very refreshing to see someone else finally have the consistancy and form to break the monotomy of Fed-Nadal constantly. I say this, even though Im a Fed fan through and through, so you can tell im not bullshitting.

-O and people, its impossible to get to No2 in the world by 'moonballing', male tennis players are strong and quick enough to eat those shots up for breakfast these days, get your facts straight assholes. (Nadal doesnt moonball, its an agressive and fast forehand with a TON of kick.)

Goldenoldie
08-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Routine win, followed by routine hate thread.

Next!

Bargearse
08-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Geez, there are some long winded posts here. Even a non-tennis fan would have picked Murray to win this one... ugh. I just want Murray to have to play Federer. If it's 3 in the morning, I'll be watching.

leng jai
08-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Don't you guys ever get sick of making every Murray post match thread 10 pages?

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Don't you guys ever get sick of making every Murray post match thread 10 pages?

Don't you ever get tired about mocking the Federer backhand?

leng jai
08-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Don't you ever get tired about mocking the Federer backhand?

Don't you ever get tired of making endless double accounts?

Tutu
08-21-2009, 12:54 PM
He's SO freakin boring. JUST LOSE. :o:o:o

Tutu
08-21-2009, 12:54 PM
:bowdown: To all the Murray haters, keep it up y'all!

Forehander
08-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Will Murray win this too then US Open then Madrid and Paris?

Tutu
08-21-2009, 02:40 PM
:lol: He will never win a slam. :lol:

fast_clay
08-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Don't you ever get tired of making endless double accounts?

:spit: too funny