Everybody loves MUZZA!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Everybody loves MUZZA!!!

martinatreue
08-19-2009, 07:15 PM
It kinda makes me sad because everyone on The Tennis Channel and on this board seem to adore Muzza. For some reason, he doesn't do anything for me and even kind of gets on my nerves. How do I fall in love with Muzza? :confused:

ExcaliburII
08-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Everybody hates this asshole.

martinatreue
08-19-2009, 07:21 PM

Really? I feel like everybody is just crazy with MUZZAFEVER:devil: He just looks so weird with those fangs of his showing on the return of serve and acts like "Mr Know-it-all":(

Arkulari
08-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm not a fan of this guy (and never will be) but I respect what he has accomplished :shrug:

Corey Feldman
08-19-2009, 07:24 PM
how can you not love that kid?

to come from Scotland and be this good shows what a champ mind he has.

Burrow
08-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Or it shows that he has came from a wealthy background more like :lol:

And yes, everybody hates this guy :lol:

Most Scottish people hate him, let me tell you.

Noleta
08-19-2009, 07:26 PM

What's wrong with being born in Scotland?

Serenidad
08-19-2009, 07:28 PM
You must have not read a Murray match thread lately. :tape:

The hate is in top form.

Personally, I love Andrew.

abraxas21
08-19-2009, 07:29 PM
andy murray is a clown. surely every reasonable person must know this by now

angry1
08-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Really? I feel like everybody is just crazy with MUZZAFEVER:devil: He just looks so weird with those fangs of his showing on the return of serve and acts like "Mr Know-it-all":(

Just out of interest if he's "Mr Know-it-all" why does he employ so many people to advise him on his tennis?

tennishero
08-19-2009, 07:30 PM
everybody = nobody.

Sunset of Age
08-19-2009, 07:31 PM
You must have not read a Murray match thread lately. :tape:

The hate is in top form.

You can't have any clearer sign of a player doing very, very well indeed. ;)

I'm not too happy with him right now for obvious reasons (;)), but I do respect him a lot for all the hard work he put in the past couple of years - it's obviously paying off very well indeed - and his ability to remain cool despite the ridiculous amounts of hype he's been getting lately. :yeah:

decrepitude
08-19-2009, 07:32 PM
everybody = nobody.

Not true. He's like Marmite - you either love him or hate him. I love the lad.

Serenidad
08-19-2009, 07:33 PM
You can't have any clearer sign of a player doing very, very well indeed. ;)

I'm not too happy with him right now for obvious reasons (;)), but I do respect him a lot for all the hard work he put in the past couple of years - it's obviously paying off very well indeed - and his ability to remain cool despite the ridiculous amounts of hype he's been getting lately. :yeah:

I'm happy too, but the hate will be the GOAT after his slams start.

Sunset of Age
08-19-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm happy too, but the hate will be the GOAT after his slams start.

;) Hate has been the GOAT for all of the history of tennis, at least for all of it after the time when the internet first came to be. Best thing to do about it is to laugh about it. :)

tennishero
08-19-2009, 07:37 PM
i cant stand murray, was watching his match against almagro now, he moonballs the ball and waits for an UE on every point. on the rare ocasion he tries to hit a winner he just fails.

Corey Feldman
08-19-2009, 07:37 PM
a nation not good at sports thesedays, very small nation, very bad weather for a mainly outdoor sport, certainly no other tennis talents for him to grow u with.

Bolton'sBastard
08-19-2009, 07:38 PM
First post!

I have never had a problem with Murray's attitude(seems to be where most people have problems with him), I just don't really like his game.

tennishero
Not true. He's like Marmite - you either love him or hate him. I love the lad.

not really, only british people seem to like him.

rocketassist
Well I reckon many people on this forum are far bigger gobshites than Murray, Djokovic, Federer, Nadal or even Boredo can ever be. :shrug:

Singularity
08-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Plenty of people on this board hate/dislike him.

But I would agree he doesn't get the same kind of vocal criticism that say Djokovic or Nadal ( or even Federer) get, and I think that's partly because off court his personality is pretty subdued and he responds to journalists in a pretty calm and objective manner, (to the point of seeming 'dull', perhaps).

On court he's a lot more fiery, but is guilty of excessive fist pumping and c'mons, as opposed to excessive time wasting and ball bouncing, or abuse of the umpire and other players.

To me he just seems like a pretty ordinary guy, who hates losing and wears his emotions on his sleeve, on court.

Serenidad
08-19-2009, 07:43 PM
But I would agree he doesn't get the same kind of vocal criticism that say Djokovic or Nadal ( or even Federer) get, and I think that's partly because off court his personality is pretty subdued and he responds to journalists in a pretty calm and objective manner, (to the point of seeming 'dull', perhaps).

Federer, Nadal, and to a lesser extent Djokovic are going to have more haters because they are more successful.

Djokovic, though, has more haters because he does a lot more controversial actions.

moonlightdance
08-19-2009, 07:49 PM
well, if you insist on having more hate on this board, i'm sure many posters would be obliged...

Noleta
08-19-2009, 07:55 PM
a nation not good at sports thesedays, very small nation, very bad weather for a mainly outdoor sport, certainly no other tennis talents for him to grow u with.

Oh,i see:)

syc23
08-19-2009, 08:05 PM
A lot of haters here. Jealous because Murray is earning money playing tennis and you're not?

Clydey
08-19-2009, 08:11 PM

Uh, no he doesn't. Nice try, though.

Noleta
08-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Don't know how you can hate someone you never met before:shrug:

tangerine_dream
08-19-2009, 08:14 PM

Scotland expected to release Lockerbie bomber on compassionate grounds :retard:
http://bit.ly/CQ7jY

rubbERR
08-19-2009, 08:15 PM
extremely booring tennisplayer.

Clydey
08-19-2009, 08:16 PM

Always wondered who you have the Scottish flag. You half Scottish/of Scottish descent?

Noleta
08-19-2009, 08:16 PM

Don't know about that lol!!

extremely booring tennisplayer.

Agree,but that's not a reason to hate the guy:eek:

Smoke944
08-19-2009, 08:18 PM

:o

Corey Feldman
08-19-2009, 08:19 PM
http://bit.ly/CQ7jY:rolleyes:

l_mac
08-19-2009, 08:25 PM

His family are far from paupers, Clydey.

Clydey
08-19-2009, 08:37 PM
His family are far from paupers, Clydey.

:lol:

Not quite. Middle class, though.

decrepitude
08-19-2009, 09:00 PM
not really, only british people seem to like him.

Check the high number of non-British people on andymurray.com forum.

rocketassist
08-19-2009, 09:25 PM
al-Megrahi was not guilty imo and his release is eight years too late.

Sapeod
08-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Did you lose another hate bet on him again? :awww:

peribsen
08-19-2009, 09:35 PM
I for one have always liked Muzza, his will and hard work to keep improving. Outside court, I find him just a regular guy, which for me is a huge improvement in a sport riddled with primadonnas like Federer.

But the main reason I like Muzza is because he is Scottish, which is a pretty decent way to be British (in fact, I'd prefer him to be Welsh, but since hoping for a Welsh champion seems like wishful thinking, Murray will do fine for me). It really is fitting that the island that invented the sport gets to win it from time to time, just as long as the champ ain't ..ehh...you know.. (if unavoidable, please god, let him be from Cornwall, not Surrey).

In case anybody's wondering whether I hate the English, the answer is not really, I'm just pissed off by the way Muzza was treated in the sports forums of The Guardian and other English media. Things like saying before a match that they had nothing to lose, because 'either a British player wins or only a Scott loses'. I would compare the way we treat our young and struggling players in Spain, when even being close in a set is considered as positive, with the ridicule hurled at Murray for things like his looks, his hair or his accent. People who treat someone who was then a teenager like that, really have no right to share his victories.

Besides, Muzza was unEnglish enough to come to Spain to learn, and speaks some Spanish. If anybody is going to beat Nadal (grrrrr), he isnīt the worst choice.

Let them hate you Andy, just keep going!

Chiakifug
08-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Hes a git.

betowiec
08-19-2009, 09:42 PM
b/c he is hot

McAlistar
08-19-2009, 09:46 PM

Shutup he's a national hero.:o

reggie1
08-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Lots of Muzza-love on MTF? I think not! Most people on here can't stand him. Personally, I like him. I didn't but it just makes tennis a lot more exciting for me as a viewer knowing that we have a British player who isn't likely to get an absolute pasting every time he steps out on court (I am rather stupidly patriotic I'm afraid). I also like the fact that Murray doesn't have that media polished persona like so many sports stars, I really don't think he gives a damn and good for him. He lets his tennis do the talking even if some of you do find it a "stuck at a party with a boring git in the corner" type of conversation. As for BBC and Sky, there is an abundance of Muzza love there! Far too much actually, it becomes a bit vomit inducing after the first 5 minutes :o Sue Barker would willingly have Andy's babies I think, perish the thought!

Noleta
08-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Lots of Muzza-love on MTF? I think not! Most people on here can't stand him. Personally, I like him. I didn't but it just makes tennis a lot more exciting for me as a viewer knowing that we have a British player who isn't likely to get an absolute pasting every time he steps out on court (I am rather stupidly patriotic I'm afraid). I also like the fact that Murray doesn't have that media polished persona like so many sports stars, I really don't think he gives a damn and good for him. He lets his tennis do the talking even if some of you do find it a "stuck at a party with a boring git in the corner" type of conversation. As for BBC and Sky, there is an abundance of Muzza love there! Far too much actually, it becomes a bit vomit inducing after the first 5 minutes :o Sue Barker would willingly have Andy's babies I think, perish the thought!

:bolt::haha:At the end of the day,i don't think Murray will lose any sleep about people hating him:rolls:

Ilovetheblues_86
08-19-2009, 09:53 PM
MUZZZA MUZZA MUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZA :inlove: :inlove:

BORING = ENTERTAINING TACTICAL TENNIS, ENTERTAINING=BORING TACTICS

DONīT BELIEVE IN WHAT YOUR EYES SEE.
DONīT LET YOUR EMOTIONS AT FIRST GLANCE, mugs. ;)

green25814
08-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Did you lose another hate bet on him again? :awww:

Yep :haha:

Sapeod
08-19-2009, 09:55 PM

Uhhhhmmm, no.

Uhhhhm, no again.

Yeah. I'm sure :lol:

cocrcici
08-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Muzza:dance::bigclap::dance:

Black Adam
08-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Having an english chick didn't improve his image in England, most people couldn't care less. I wonder what's his opinion on Scottish independence. Unfortunately for the independence fanatics we can't let the Scots leave as most of the oil and nukes are on their territory.

Burrow
08-19-2009, 10:25 PM

I've been to tournaments before where he played, I heard his brother being more talked about though, I know for a fact that this family is far from poor.

Burrow
08-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Uhhhhmmm, no.

Uhhhhm, no again.

Yeah. I'm sure :lol:

Yes, yes and yes. I only know one person who likes him, one person. He is far from being internationally loved.

green25814
08-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Yes, yes and yes. I only know one person who likes him, one person. He is far from being internationally loved.

If you know one person, then you lied.

Clydey
08-19-2009, 10:40 PM
I've been to tournaments before where he played, I heard his brother being more talked about though, I know for a fact that this family is far from poor.

No one said they were poor. They are working class. That's a long way from "wealthy".

Ilovetheblues_86
08-19-2009, 10:41 PM
A working class hero, indeed.

l_mac
08-19-2009, 10:49 PM
No one said they were poor. They are working class. That's a long way from "wealthy".

Working class?

Clydey
08-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Working class?

What would you say they were?

DekuTheEvilClown
08-19-2009, 11:12 PM
First post!

I have never had a problem with Murray's attitude(seems to be where most people have problems with him), I just don't really like his game.

Bolton'sBastard? Do you actually happen to be a Goerge R R Martin fan on a tennis forum? Gosh I thought I was the only one.

Havok
08-19-2009, 11:35 PM
There weren't many Murray fans at the Rogers cup. It seems as if nobody cared about this tool, as do I.:o

Bolton'sBastard
08-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Bolton'sBastard? Do you actually happen to be a Goerge R R Martin fan on a tennis forum? Gosh I thought I was the only one.

Yep lol. You'd be surprised how many people ask if my name is referring to Michael Bolton...

Gaudio2004
08-19-2009, 11:53 PM
It's hard to be attracted to Andy Murray's style of play; he has no charisma at all, none of it, it's why he has a lot of haters. He's a typical Brit really - no charisma or charm in him at all.

ballbasher101
08-20-2009, 12:06 AM
It's hard to be attracted to Andy Murray's style of play; he has no charisma at all, none of it, it's why he has a lot of haters. He's a typical Brit really - no charisma or charm in him at all.

Typical Brit :confused:. How many British people do you know?. You can't judge a whole country after meeting one or two people. We Brits are charming and we do have a good sense of humour :wavey:.

fast_clay
08-20-2009, 12:06 AM
to the OP: it is very simple... Murray is a thinking persons tennis player... it is largely why he is so disagreeable to MTF...

mark73
08-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Its not everybody loves muzza ..its everybody loves raymond.

thegreendestiny
08-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Most people from where I come from love Andy Murray.

I like his game very much and I have no problem with him being a defensive player, which he is most of the time. I'd prefer watching good rallies than a Roddick/Karlovic acefest. Apart from that, the fact that he is from Scotland is a huge bonus point for me. I mean, Scotland is not really the best place to produce tennis champions but he proved to be an outlier.

Gaudio2004
08-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Typical Brit :confused:. How many British people do you know?. You can't judge a whole country after meeting one or two people. We Brits are charming and we do have a good sense of humour :wavey:.

Been to London frequently, and yes you cannot judge a nation by 2 or 3 people, but that stereotype of negativity, depression and lack of creativity (which is certainly true in the market economy for the UK) is true in some parts - newspapers prove this with their negative reactions and look at Andy Murray - a very miserable chap indeed.

Ilovetheblues_86
08-20-2009, 01:29 AM
And why do you need charisma to be attracted, are you a typical RPGīS NPC?

Clydey
08-20-2009, 02:02 AM
Been to London frequently, and yes you cannot judge a nation by 2 or 3 people, but that stereotype of negativity, depression and lack of creativity (which is certainly true in the market economy for the UK) is true in some parts - newspapers prove this with their negative reactions and look at Andy Murray - a very miserable chap indeed.

You don't know Murray, so you have no idea what he's like in real life. By all accounts he is much different to what you see on court. Very dry sense of humour.

DorianGray7
08-20-2009, 02:03 AM
I wish Andy Murray wasn't such a hotheaded asshole. I would love to "like" him, but considering how he is a douche bag I'm not feeling it.

All the other Scottish assholes/douche bags love Andy for exactly this reason. Assholes unite. KING MURRAY IS THE GREATEST EVER!@!@! WOOT. That also ticks me off.

Clydey
08-20-2009, 02:04 AM
I wish Andy Murray wasn't such a hotheaded asshole. I would love to "like" him, but considering how he is a douche bag I'm not feeling it.

All the other Scottish assholes/douche bags love Andy for exactly this reason. Assholes unite. KING MURRAY IS THE GREATEST EVER!@!@! WOOT. That also ticks me off.

Loving the insane generalisations and xenophobia. You're a swell guy.

Jeu_Set_Match
08-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Just love the fact that every Rafatard and Fedtard hate him :)

I also love the fact that he's not a Federer fanboy. He even quite dislike him and isn't hiding it.

Turquoise
08-20-2009, 04:41 AM
I can understand why Murray is not everyone's cup of tea. Fair enough. I happen to love the guy, his tennis smarts, his combative qualities, and his down-to-earth personality. I'm not even annoyed by the "come-on's" because he does that to spur himself when he falls behind.

Argenbrit
08-20-2009, 05:02 AM
I certainly don't love him. I don't hate him either.

I just don't like him because his game puts me to sleep. :zzz:

tea
08-20-2009, 05:45 AM
It kinda makes me sad because everyone on The Tennis Channel and on this board seem to adore Muzza. For some reason, he doesn't do anything for me and even kind of gets on my nerves. How do I fall in love with Muzza? :confused:
Fall in love with tennis first, then it comes per se.:p

ballbasher101
08-20-2009, 07:01 AM

I have to say that people's moods are a little low these days due to the the bloody recession. I am usually a happy guy but these days I smile a little less. Federer or Murray winning the US open would put a big smile on my face :D. Winning the ASHES would be bloody sweet also.

paseo
08-20-2009, 07:09 AM
He just looks so weird with those fangs of his showing on the return of serve and acts like "Mr Know-it-all":(
This. Well, maybe not "acts like", but more like "looks like" :) Cause I doubt that he feels that way.
Also, his "come on"s are annoying.

But, I don't really have a problem with his game. So what if he's a pusher (most of the times)? It's working. Not his fault if most of his opponents can't put away junk balls.
Personally, I prefer aggressive tennis, but I also like variety.

scoobs
08-20-2009, 07:13 AM
This apparent wave of euphoric Muzza-love on here must have passed be by completely - I've not seen much evidence of it. :shrug:

Audacity
08-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Winning the ASHES would be bloody sweet also.

Not gonna happen mate. :p

ballbasher101
08-20-2009, 07:30 AM

I have not given up hope. Flintoff is back :woohoo:.

Mimi
08-20-2009, 07:43 AM
don't worry, i am indifferent with him ;)

coonster14
08-20-2009, 08:49 AM
nah im not a fan of his at all, but i acknowledge and respect him as one of the best players in the world today.

Goldenoldie
08-20-2009, 09:03 AM
The thread title is so unbelievably inaccurate that the OP must have been reading this forum very selectively. According to the ongoing poll Murray is second only to Djokovic in being disliked by forum members.

Sofonda Cox
08-20-2009, 02:48 PM

I kind of agree with this statement :tape:

swebright
08-20-2009, 07:20 PM
He's good. Ready to be a slam champ.

habibko
08-20-2009, 08:27 PM
not a fan, but I don't hate him either, his antics are annoying but not THAT annoying, alot of overreaction from people who hate him, his tennis and style can be spectacular at times and can be overly passive, at least he is tactical and he thinks out there.

Sapeod
08-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Now I know you're talking bullshit.

No, wait. I already knew that.

Certinfy
08-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Ye i love him.

Sapeod
08-20-2009, 09:00 PM
One person? :retard: What a load of bullshit. What are you smoking?

amonb
08-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes, yes and yes. I only know one person who likes him, one person. He is far from being internationally loved.Well you don't come across as a fella with many friends so i take what you say with a pinch of salt!!!

kooties
08-21-2009, 04:10 PM
he's ok...

I like his variety,and he seems to be the most approachable of the top players.

it's just annoying that he runs into my faves usually.

Black Adam
08-25-2009, 04:56 PM
You organising a hanging party for POnting?:devil:

Why go that far? Gloryhunters are his only fans here. Just listen to Sam Smith shower him with ridiculous praise and that's enough to change a man's heart.

ballbasher101
08-25-2009, 05:02 PM

I am not one to gloat but THE TASTE OF VICTORY IS BLOODY SWEET INDEED. All that is left is to beat you guys in your backyard. Stuart Broad :worship:.

tangerine_dream
08-25-2009, 07:30 PM
How come Murray isn't featured in any of the USTA's It Must Be Love promotions I've seen around the city?

No love for Murray here. :tears:

Corey Feldman
08-25-2009, 07:33 PM
How come Murray isn't featured in any of the USTA's It Must Be Love promotions I've seen around the city?

No love for Murray. :tears:coz Yanks only wanting to show Roddick and Blake no doubt

they should do another 'where is Roddick's mojo' :D

sammy01
08-25-2009, 07:36 PM
murray is marmite, you either love the shark toothed git or hate him.

he pisses me off generally, i try to get behind him being british but just end up cheering for whoever hes playing.

Vida
08-25-2009, 08:53 PM
murray is marmite, you either love the shark toothed git or hate him.

nah. he has good side and bad side as every other player/person. thing with murray is that good side is not really visible.:D

Sapeod
08-25-2009, 08:57 PM
nah. he has good side and bad side as every other player/person. thing with murray is that good side is not really visible.:D
The bad side of him is shown in his matches, and the good side is off the court usually.

I love Muzza (not in a homosexual way) even if he does shout come on after opponent's errors and DF :cool:

tangerine_dream
08-25-2009, 08:59 PM
I feel sad that Murray is not popular enough to be in these love campaigns so I went ahead and created one for him.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/516/murraylove.jpg (http://img267.imageshack.us/i/murraylove.jpg/)

Laba
08-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Muzza 4 Prez.

HattonWBA
08-25-2009, 09:06 PM
I am a big fan of Murray, however can most certainly understand why people do take a dislike to him, because his on court behaviour is occasionly far fetched in regards to moaning and doing his best to piss his opponent off, however thats just an indication of the fact that he will do absoutley anything to win a tennis match and leaves it all on the court every match which i approve of. Also his arrogance is visible although every top player has arrogance purely based on how many matches they nare winning, they just show if differently based on differing personalities. Nadal and Federer show theres after losses in regards to how badly they take it and rightfully so whereas Murray's is more visable during his matches with how irritated he gets and some of his actions also.

I like him purely based on his personality in regards to fighting for every point and also i dont feel he is as bad as a lot of people make out, but i understand critisisms he recieves. My brother dislikes him for the reasons i have stated and yet i find them appealing. However i do get pissed of with his over passive approach against majority of players as opposed to playing more agressivley and getting the job done without the grind, but as long as it is working can't really argue i guess. His game style is however a problem because his unwillingness to play agressive tennis for 75% of a match and come away from his natural game style may cost him his chance of winning a Grand Slam unless he alters it, lets face it the very best players are not going to make the errors warrented for those tactics late on in a Grand Slam Competition.

HattonWBA
08-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Muzza 4 Prez.

X2

Vida
08-25-2009, 09:24 PM
:lol: @ the image.

Vida
08-25-2009, 09:26 PM
The bad side of him is shown in his matches, and the good side is off the court usually.

I love Muzza (not in a homosexual way) even if he does shout come on after opponent's errors and DF :cool:

Im afraid it might be too late. nobody believes you.

Sapeod
08-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Im afraid it might be too late. nobody believes you.
I am in no way gay for Murray :ras:

Saya-nee-sama
08-25-2009, 09:39 PM
This thread is hilarious.:haha:
Of course there are people who like him. but there are people who hate him as well. there are also others who don't mind him, they don't care.

I don't like his playing style 'cauz it's awfully boring 90% of the time. don't care about his come on's or his interview's.

Vida
08-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I am in no way gay for Murray :ras:

than stop talking about it :ras:

Sapeod
08-25-2009, 11:08 PM
than stop talking about it :ras:
No. I will talk about him as much as I want, but that doesn't mean I'm gay for him.

chammer44
08-26-2009, 05:53 AM
Federer Facebook friend count : 2.8 million

Murray Facebook friend count: 60,000.(10,000 of which are probably Clydey aliases :))

Damn that Murray is a charmer.

Geo
08-26-2009, 06:00 AM
let's see...Murray has a boring style of play and no charisma...yeah I'm sure everyone loves him :retard: :spit:

he's signed with a great management company, but they aren't miracle workers :lol:

bokehlicious
08-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Federer Facebook friend count : 2.8 million

Murray Facebook friend count: 60,000.(10,000 of which are probably Clydey aliases :))

Damn that Murray is a charmer.

Tough to compare the two of them, one is a legend of the sport, mostly considered the best ever and the other has yet to win something of importance... being British is surely a plus but certainly not enough to compete with the men...

Vida
08-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Tough to compare the two of them, one is a legend of the sport, mostly considered the best ever and the other has yet to win something of importance... being British is surely a plus but certainly not enough to compete with the men...

what men? you mean federer and his alter ego wusserer?

Florida
08-26-2009, 12:40 PM
what men? you mean federer and his alter ego wusserer?

Not everybody likes Murray!!!!! He has the most boring game on tour. He has an odd personality and is overhyped by the media. I also agree with someof the posters that said "the media can only do so much", because you cannot makesteel out of glass! The media will never be able to change his wicked personality and negative facial expressions he makes on a contant level. If he manages to ever get to the number 1 spot (which I doubt) that will be a signal that tennis is in real crisis! Just picture Andy Murray taking that spot from Federer the most talented, gracious and beautiful player that ever picked up a racket!!!! I know I cannot even picture that! There is just this dark side of him that you cannot help but notice whenever he walks on court, or gives an interview. Andy Rodick is a class above him not only game wise, but personality wise too. Not to mention that he is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY below Federer, Nadal and Nole's spotstmanship in everyway you look at it!!!!! The only positive thing for him is that he managed to take advantage of Rafa missing from the tour for a long time. That is what gave him the number 2 spot! We all know that, I don't need to repeat! But what "goes around comes around"!!!!! He won't be able to take advantage of situations forever> US Open is around the corner and that will be his chance to prove me and the rest of the world differently: that he is worth the number 2 spot!!!!!

bizzle
08-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Hatred and jealousy go hand in hand

mbenet
08-26-2009, 12:44 PM
.....and Mama Murray is also super annoying as well.....she's always on Radio AO during the Australian Open talking up her son and the other players down - especially Roger.
Andy is just so blah I find - not much personality and really sooky (as in petulant not Stackhouse) on court.

bokehlicious
08-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Hatred and jealousy go hand in hand

Indeed. Many are just jealous of the numerous slams the kid already has under his belt... Unreal this human nature... :sad: :o :p