Nadal vs Seppi.. Any thoughts? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal vs Seppi.. Any thoughts?

safinou
08-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Seppi has already won against Nadal back in 2008 when Rafa was at his top.. Considering Rafa's current shape, I'd say Andreas definitely has his chances

Dini
08-19-2009, 01:27 PM
I'd say Seppi has his chances too, but his serve often lets him down when serving for sets and Nadal is not to be underestimated. He had a chance to win that TB against Del Potro in Montreal let alone against a lesser opponent in Seppi. It should be a good match if Seppi plays to his full potential.

Having said all that, I believe Nadal will win in 3. He's the more consistent and simply the better player, even when not feeling his best out there. :shrug:

alansk
08-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Can anyone dig out a link to the Seppi def Nadal in Rotterdam 08 thread? I'm rubbish...

Horatio Caine
08-19-2009, 02:19 PM
I'd say Seppi has his chances too, but his serve often lets him down when serving for sets and Nadal is not to be underestimated. He had a chance to win that TB against Del Potro in Montreal let alone against a lesser opponent in Seppi. It should be a good match if Seppi plays to his full potential.

Having said all that, I believe Nadal will win in 3. He's the more consistent and simply the better player, even when not feeling his best out there. :shrug:

Yep, couldn't have put it better myself. :)

Could see Andy winning, but he too fragile in the important moments, and Rafa is practically the last player you want to be facing if your racquet feels like a 10-tonne weight in your hand. Hope he wins though, so best of luck to him! :D

Sapeod
08-19-2009, 02:21 PM
I think Seppi has a chance, but he has to play his best, or near it.

Deathless Mortal
08-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Nadal will win and then Karlovic will beat him :cool:

Burrow
08-19-2009, 02:53 PM
3 and 2 for Nadal.

Sapeod
08-19-2009, 03:00 PM
3 and 2 for Nadal.
You think it'll be that easy?

Goldenoldie
08-19-2009, 06:42 PM
I am still not convinced that Nadal is fully back to fitness. He should be too strong in this match, but the next round or two will be more interesting.

Fiberlight1
08-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Nadal will win and then Karlovic will beat him :cool:

:rolleyes:

Federerhingis
08-19-2009, 07:31 PM
3 and 2 for Nadal.

Exactly I don't know why people even think Seppi will extend Nadal to three sets. Nadal is too athletic and powerful for Seppi. Nadal only struggles against players with big returns and powerful shots, Seppi is too flimsy and inconsistent to even really threaten Rafael.

MacTheKnife
08-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Don't blink, you might miss it.

HKz
08-19-2009, 10:09 PM
It is really tough to say at this stage. Seppi hasn't had really good results this year, however he hasn't really had a huge breakthrough year either. When Seppi beat Nadal, it was a close one if I remember with both players having nearly the same amount of break point chances at around 9 or 10 throughout the entire match but what was the difference was that Seppi converted his chances slightly better.

Nadal beat Seppi very convicingly during the clay season this year so that will also play a factor in Seppi's head. I'll give Seppi 30 to Nadal's 70 on chance he'll win.

rubbERR
08-19-2009, 10:12 PM
as i have said nadal wasnt out year or two, he is better shape now than he was madrid and there he was finalist :lol: