Who is more likely to win another GS? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who is more likely to win another GS?

Argenbrit
08-19-2009, 04:20 AM
I'd go with Djokovic because he's younger, but considering his current form...you never know.

Fiberlight1
08-19-2009, 04:22 AM
Neither.

Roddick if I had to choose.

Audacity
08-19-2009, 04:23 AM
They'll both retire as one slam wonders.

Calidreth
08-19-2009, 04:23 AM
Both will win another

Bargearse
08-19-2009, 04:27 AM
I don't think Roddick will win another, but if Djokovic can get the help he so desperately needs, he can definitely win another.

Guga_fan
08-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Obviously Djokovic, but that doesn't mean it will happen.

betowiec
08-19-2009, 04:52 AM
without a doubt djoker

bluefork
08-19-2009, 05:03 AM
Djokovic is still very young. I'd be surprised if he didn't get another. A year a half ago there were threads pondering whether he could surpass Federer's GS total. Now the question is whether he'll get even one more? Just wait another 18 months and I can almost guarantee thing will have swung back the other way.

lleytonfan!
08-19-2009, 05:37 AM
I doubt Roddick will win another. I doubt Djoko won't.

jcempire
08-19-2009, 06:09 AM
Both will win another

you right!!!! I agree with you

Roddick actually have just two more points away to win the wim couple months ago.

He has been very struggle on biggest point(set points and match points). He lost Second Set with 5-2 lead on tie-break. Maybe because he played against Federer in England where he lost twice in 04 and 05.

Anyway. Both got great chance and Djok still very very young

HKz
08-19-2009, 06:33 AM
Tough to say. While Roddick is getting old, he is still a couple years off from being 30 and all he honestly needs is a good tournament where he is just unstoppable on serve such as at Wimbledon this year and he can just relax and take chances on the returning game, and this scenario is still very possible. While Djokovic hasn't been as successful as his Australian Open win last year, he has still be very solid on the tour for the most part with his wins at Indian Wells, Rome, TMC, Dubai and his run from good runs at Miami through Madrid this year and he has had at least some Grand Slam success at last year's US Open along with Aussie Open and Wimbledon this year.

Honestly I think it is really tough for Djokovic to do much because he really doesn't have one really big weapon that stands out. I mean you could say his backhand, but it definately is not Nalbandian-esque. As John McEnroe said, he felt as though when Djokovic and Safin played last year at Wimbledon that Novak plays very similar to Safin except that he is more of a lightweight. He probably packs a little more power overall than Federer, Nadal, Murray, but like I said, there isn't any part of his game that really stands out so in a way I think it is tough for him to step it up because he needs his whole game to be on rather than one or two weapons. Could be mental or whatever, but it has become tough for him since last year's Aussie Open. Roddick still has a chance as well in my opinion but like I said, it will really have to be depending on his serve. Not saying he is "all-serve," but it does play key to when he returns.

MIMIC
08-19-2009, 06:47 AM
Djokovic.

If Roddick can get BACK to a Wimbledon final, then Djokovic can certainly reach and win another slam final.

stzenit
08-19-2009, 07:02 AM
Djokovic has probably 1 more max and i think more likely then not he will win because of a easy draw(Similar to how Kafelnikov won 1999 Aus Open with no sampras or agassi)

ballbasher101
08-19-2009, 07:25 AM
The Djoker obviously. At 22 the Djoker is still learning his craft so his slump is going to end at some point.

Sapeod
08-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Both of them will retire as one slam wonders.