ATP Appoints Laurent Delanney [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ATP Appoints Laurent Delanney

MacTheKnife
08-17-2009, 10:19 PM
AS EUROPEAN CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

London, U.K. - The ATP, governing body of the men’s professional tennis circuit, announces today the promotion of Laurent Delanney to Chief Executive Officer, Europe. Mr. Delanney, 49, will start working as CEO, Europe, immediately and will be based in the ATP’s European headquarters in Monte-Carlo, Monaco.

Mr. Delanney brings over 20 years of experience in professional tennis to his new role. Starting with ProServ, an international sports management and marketing agency (now BEST) in 1983 in Paris, France, he managed the careers of a number of top professional tennis players, including French Open winner Yannick Noah. He continued to work with ProServ in New York from 1988, before managing the marketing and publication operations of Club Med, the international holiday resort company, in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Mr. Delanney joined the ATP’s European office in 1994, serving most recently as Senior Vice President, ATP Properties, the business arm of the ATP, to develop commercial opportunities for the ATP’s tournament and player members.

Adam Helfant, ATP Executive Chairman and President, said:
“I am confident that Laurent's professional and enthusiastic approach, combined with his deep knowledge of all aspects of our operations and extensive experience in tennis, will make him a major asset for the Tour. I look forward to working closely with him as he assumes the responsibilities of his new, very important role in Europe.”

Laurent Delanney, ATP Chief Executive Officer, Europe, said:
“I am delighted to accept this position and new challenge. I look forward to combining my knowledge in tournament operations and player management with the commercial experience and relationships that I have developed with our members over the years. With 32 tournaments and many of the world’s top players coming from Europe, I value the opportunity to work with our European members and staff to further reinforce men’s professional tennis as one of Europe’s most dynamic and popular sports.”

MacTheKnife
08-17-2009, 10:22 PM
This thread got duplicated. Requested the Mods to delete one of them

Har-Tru
08-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Is he going to get rid of the first round byes in AMS and bring back 5-setters in finals?

Gaudio2004
08-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Is he going to sort out the time-out cheating and allow a time-clock for players who abuse the service time (Nadal) ?

TennisMindCamp
08-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Good news for hi and his family.:)

fast_clay
08-17-2009, 11:42 PM
he has a great name... i think he will be a success...