What's going on with David Nalbandian, Marcos Baghdatis and Richard Gasquet? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What's going on with David Nalbandian, Marcos Baghdatis and Richard Gasquet?

Jaffas85
08-16-2009, 12:57 PM
When will Nalbandian, Baghdatis and Gasquet be returning to the tour?

We all know Gasquet was apparently harvesting for cocaine in the mouth of some club woman, and that Nalbandian has had a hip injury (I think) but what has kept Baghdatis out for so long? A knee injury?

Is Gasquet returning in New Haven, the U.S. Open or perhaps not until the indoor season? When is this ITF appeal meant to be resolved by (which I believe won't prevent him from playing in tournaments while it is being processed)?

Is Baghdatis receiving a wildcard to play in the U.S. Open? (did Baghdatis play the French Open? or the clay court season at all? I can barely even remember him existing on the tour at all this year).

Poor Nalbandian, after he won the 2007 Madrid and Paris masters I thought he would win at least one major before his career ended, now he's chances of winning at least one major are looking very very slim.

Thanks!

Sapeod
08-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Gasquet is returning at the US Open I think. He's missing Cincinnati so he can get fitter and train and practise.

Getta
08-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Is Baghdatis receiving a wildcard to play in the U.S. Open?

No.

did Baghdatis play the French Open? or the clay court season at all? I can barely even remember him existing on the tour at all this year).

Baghdatis lost to Monaco in the first round of Roland Garros, he then missed Wimbledon because of a knee injury.

Cloudygirl
08-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Nalby is out for the rest of the year. Goodness only knows what is going on with Richard. I'm starting to wonder if he will come back at all this year.

VolandriFan
08-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Baghdatis and Nalbandian are eating, Gasquet is snorting.