Montreal SF: Del Potro def. Roddick 4-6, 6-2, 7-5 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Montreal SF: Del Potro def. Roddick 4-6, 6-2, 7-5

whattheheck
08-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Was down matchpoint. Three in a row for Delpo against Roddick. :D

Burrow
08-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Saving MP's at 4-5.

:wavey: RodDICK.

GlennMirnyi
08-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Argh.

Tennis is back to being WTA once again.

selyoink
Del Potro clearly one of the 4 best players in the world along with Fedmug, Murray and Davy.

rubbERR
Del potro spartan, VAMOS!

Lourdes
08-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Good stuff. Del Potro was too strong. Very good :clap2:

Gaudio2004
Del Potro has shades of Federer in his game, even the terrible commentators picked up on this towards the end, he returned Roddick's serve really, really well tonight.

Shame ROddick didn't take the MP. Now I just hope JMDP beats Murray in the final, that would be a HUGE confidence boost.

dijus
damn, such a shame Roddick didn't win this one

Voo de Mar
Del Potro's first ATP win after saving MP :yeah:

HeretiC
Very enjoyable match, not great in tactics and strategy, but shot-making was excellent. Very close but still in the end that was too much power for Roddick to handle.

FiBeR
hahahahaha soo close

:p

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

:) this is for all of those who called him a MM player :D he got to a Masters 1000 final ..

definately 2 of the best hardcourt players of the season will clash tomorrow!

Delpo and Roddick match up really well.. it is always an enteraining match to watch .. entertaining 3 set battle

habibko
08-16-2009, 01:18 AM
spectacular match, both played their best tennis at the same time for the most part of the match, that DF of Roddick on BP came out of nowhere and it was such a shame he had to be broken that way :sad:

Del Pony + confident = something to behold :worship:

the youthful dream final is on :bounce:

andylovesaustin
Pony-boy's on fire!

At least Andy got a set!

But congrats to Ponyboy! I'd like to see him go for the win!

whattheheck
Amazing player Del Potro, future No. 1

ReturnWinner
Good for tennis the offensive player won, Roddick is 6'2'' and 195 lbs with a rocket serve and smash and pushes his fh 90% of the times, pretty disgusting for me sometimes.

GlennMirnyi
Roddick gave a lesson of how to blow BPs.

TMJordan
Aha! The gimp Roddick at it again losing in a tight match, will this clown even win another important tight match? My guess is no.

He is Del Potros bitch. :D

martinatreue
damn, such a shame Roddick didn't win this one

why? :confused:

Lopez
Tight match. Del Potro continues to improve. First he beefed up his serve and groundstrokes, now the mental department. He seemed resitant to pressure in the big points, hitting winners and big serves, going for the lines.

whattheheck
Roddick gave away that game with the double fault.

ballbasher101
De-potro is Iron man. Roddick could not live with the power of the Argentine.

Sapeod
Damn you Roddick :rolleyes: Such a chance here :tape:

Serenidad
08-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Del Trio showing Clowndrew Mugduck to get a ground game.

Del Trio yes.

Want to see Roddick's net reaction and his press conference.

whattheheck
Haha, Roddick tried to avoid the possible hug from Delpo by moving away quickly.

Sapeod
why? :confused:
Roddick in a final of a MS tournament. How often do you see that nowadays?

bluefork
Say what you want about Delpo and his game, when it comes down to crunch time he's been a freaking rock against Roddick.

Ad Wim
08-16-2009, 01:20 AM
Just a very good serve at mp. Great win voor Delpo, tennis won.

whattheheck
Del Potro the only guy who reads Roddick's serve that well. No wonder he's won three in a row against him.

Burrow
Now he will lose to Murray in the final.

Obviously.

Winnipeg
I gained alot of respect for del potro tonight...i think that he has a very good chance at winning the US OPEN!!!

SheepleBuster
I wanted Roddick to win just to see him get bageled by the other Andy. Shame. Roddick is so useless he has to curse at his coach when he misses his shots. :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::h aha::haha:

Roddick is FAIL!

Corey Feldman
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEERIKE 3

outta here :D

whattheheck
Del Potro is just too solid these days.

Il Primo Uomo
Solid play, JMDP. Win that thing now! Murray will be tough though :unsure:

And Andy, start acting like a grown ass man, stop acting like a spoiled brat. I can't stand this heffa, is there any official to fine his arrogant, triffling ass? Jeez. Oh and Good ridance, to teh left to the left :wavey:

bluefork
Argh.

Tennis is back to being WTA once again.

It seems strange to me that you root for Roddick now. I thought you didn't like pushers. :scratch:

RagingLamb
08-16-2009, 01:21 AM
The unbelievable disaster strikes again. But Roddick has himself to blame for the DF at 5-5. And you could see how pissed he was after that.

Nonetheless, great match, some unbelievable hitting in the second set from Delpo.

theMEESH
Haha, Roddick tried to avoid the possible hug from Delpo by moving away quickly.

avoiding another **** hug?

double fault from Roddick :retard:

whattheheck
Roddick must be extremely disappointed.

shotgun
08-16-2009, 01:22 AM
No one can stop the Del Potro train. :sport:

Hope he destroys Murray tomorrow. :lol:

FedFan_2007
Del Potro is a monster. He's going to be a force on the ATP for years to come.

tangerine_dream
Congrats to Juan. Next time try playing at the server's pace instead of your own, big guy. :yeah:

andylovesaustin

:rolls:

Too funny!

Gotta love Pony-boy!

Gaudio2004
08-16-2009, 01:23 AM
All at 20 years of age... very, very talented. He's going to win a lot of Slams, this Pony.

Sunset of Age
Great, enjoyable match, both players making more winners than UEs, excellent serving AND returning. :D

Just one sloppy game from DelPot handed over the first set to Roddick, but from there on, DelPot really showed who was to be the best player of the two. I have to admire his mental stability - no disappointment whatsoever to be seen from his face or bodylanguage, he just 'continued with the job'. The stuff real top players are made of! :yeah:

Third set was tight, but overall, DelPot made the better impression and imho, he ended up the deserved winner of this match, especially after Roddick blew his BP with a :retard: DF. Eh, he blew MANY BPs... Feddie-like, really. :help:

Congrats, Juan-Martin :hatoff:, and kudos to both players for a very entertaining match. :worship:

green25814
Good stuff from Pony.

freeandlonely
good ,now beat Murray please.

nobama
The Duck is out. Yea. :D The only ting that could make this tournament worthwhile now is JDMP taking out The Junkballer tomorrow. But Mr Junkballer is 3-1 H2H so I see him winning another Masters event. Oh well, better here than at the Open. :)

GlennMirnyi
08-16-2009, 01:24 AM
I gained alot of respect for del potro tonight...i think that he has a very good chance at winning the US OPEN!!!

Please... why would anyone respect such a mediocre guy.

It seems strange to me that you root for Roddick now. I thought you didn't like pushers. :scratch:

Anything but cheering for Nadull 2 = Del Pony one of the weakest players to have ever picked up a racket.

cobalt60
What an entertaining match:yeah: Wow what fortitude this kid has :worship:

Jimnik
Andy :sad: At least he gets an extra day of rest before Cincy, which means more to him anyway.

This is developing the same as the h2h with Federer. Losing tight early meetings and then getting owned mentally.

I never noticed until now but Del Potro has one of the most underrated returns in the game. Not only great reach, he reads the serve and times his returns exceptionally well. Should be a good match with Murray tomorrow.

rtgy
King Delpo RULES!!!:rocker2:

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

GlennMirnyi
08-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Andy :sad:

This is developing the same as the h2h with Federer. Losing tight early meetings and then getting owned mentally.

I never noticed this until now but Del Potro has one of the most underrated returns in the game. Not only great reach, he reads the serve and times his returns exceptionally well. Should be a good match with Murray tomorrow.

Not true.

Pony sucks.

Those morons don't know how to serve against him.

Black Adam
Del pony will get killed tomorrow by the Dull Andy. Dull has better and lower slices.

the graduate
How come Stefunky canot figure out del pony,boy o boy Del Pony forgot to wear his depend diaper he was peeing in his pants.He is the kind of guy who wears yesterdays drawers if he cant find a clean one .

MalwareDie
08-16-2009, 01:26 AM
Mug pony will be demolished by the slice soon.

Black Adam
08-16-2009, 01:27 AM
Nice to see Cyrusking rise to the occasion again to celebrate what makes his life worthwhile. Del pony will get killed tomorrow by the Dull Andy. Dull has better and lower slices.

cobalt60
Now he will lose to Murray in the final.

Obviously.

Well he said he was tired but that he will find a way to play a good final :yeah: Let's see what he can do when junk is thrown at him :scared: ;)

nobama
Congrats to Juan. Next time try playing at the server's pace instead of your own, big guy. :yeah:Congrats to Juan. Next time try playing at the server's pace instead of your own, big guy. :yeah:With Fed's embarrassing loss, Nadal dropping to #3 and the Duck losing again to JDMP I'm sure we'll see you fangirling Murray now. :D

SheepleBuster
I will always remember Roddick as the biggest choker of all time, having so many set points against federer in that 2nd set of Wimbledon. This guy needs to change his career! :devil:

scoobs
I'm not saying that delpo wouldn't have taken it anyway, but Roddick certainly made sure he didn't have to at 5-5 in the final set with that awful service game.

Serenidad
Tradesman will bring a saw and a steel rod tomorrow.

Good to get this far Del Trio, but no more.

Burrow
08-16-2009, 01:28 AM
How come Stefunky canot figure out del pony,boy o boy Del Pony forgot to wear his depend diaper he was peeing in his pants.He is the kind of guy who wears yesterdays drawers if he cant find a clean one .

http://cdn-i.dmdentertainment.com/cracked/wong/patricia5.jpg

http://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/~ytl/personal/images/Shocked.jpg

Sapeod
08-16-2009, 01:30 AM
This isn't where you post pictures of yourself, Burrow. There is a seperate thread for that.

philosophicalarf
08-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Del Potro the only guy who reads Roddick's serve that well. No wonder he's won three in a row against him.

Enormous reach with decent reactions, and Roddick doesn't body serve him enough - kinda surprising for someone with decent serve variety normally.

SheepleBuster
08-16-2009, 01:31 AM
I like how Roddick tries to get up off his chair so early to rush his opponents. This bush league stuff will never make up for the deficit in talent that Roddick faces against most top 100 players.

MalwareDie
08-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Burrow is trying to kill everybody with that atrocious picture that can cause aneurysms with just a millisecond of exposure to it.

Burrow
Yes, Roddick was up early and Del Potro was just sitting toweling his face several times :)

swebright
The Del Po kid is good. Playing solid/stable. Not so good in first set but came out swinging at the start of second set. Impressive that he's that patient and focused.

Voo de Mar
08-16-2009, 01:33 AM
The unbelievable disaster strikes again. But Roddick has himself to blame for the DF at 5-5. And you could see how pissed he was after that.

It was strange decision to serve agressive 2nd serve because Roddick - despite his monster 1st serve - doesn't risk 2nd serve in important moments. He has very good kick serve, so on 'the advantage side' usually serves with high kick on backhand's a right-handed opponent, and has a lot of time to initiate rally with forehand. That's his basic game-plan, today tried an element of surprise and it cost him the match. Well... it happens.

Burrow
08-16-2009, 01:33 AM
Burrow is trying to kill everybody with that atrocious picture that can cause aneurysms with just a millisecond of exposure to it.

:spit:

Burrow
08-16-2009, 01:34 AM
It was strange decision to serve agressive 2nd serve because Roddick - despite his monster 1st serve - doesn't risk 2nd serve in important moments. He has very good kick serve, so on 'the advantage side' usually serves with high kick on backhand's a right-handed opponent, and has a lot of time to initiate rally with forehand. That's his basic game-plan, today tried an element of surprise and it cost him the match. Well... it happens.

It didn't seem to me like he risked much, he just got a bad contact and it didn't seem terribly fast.

Didn't even reach the tape, either.

Corey Feldman
08-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Nice to see Cyrusking rise to the occasion again to celebrate what makes his life worthwhile. Del pony will get killed tomorrow by the Dull Andy. Dull has better and lower slices.get the hell off the Murray bandwagon

:lol:

tangerine_dream
08-16-2009, 01:35 AM
With Fed's embarrassing loss, Nadal dropping to #3 and the Duck losing again to JDMP I'm sure we'll see you fangirling Murray now. :D

Doubtful. But at least we can always count on you to show up in GM when Roddick loses but run and hide every time Federer loses. You're so brave. :yeah:

Serenidad
08-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Doubtful. But at least we can always count on you to show up in GM when Roddick loses but run and hide every time Federer loses. You're so brave. :yeah:

I show up when both of those clowns lose. :D

andylovesaustin
08-16-2009, 01:37 AM
I like how Roddick tries to get up off his chair so early to rush his opponents. This bush league stuff will never make up for the deficit in talent that Roddick faces against most top 100 players.

Now c'mon!

Why is Andy in the top ten? Is it because he rushes his opponents?

Oh please..

I'd agree Andy is NOT as talented as say.. Ponyboy. But Andy has had his success. In fact, a lot of top 100 players would have liked to have had Andy's success!

Hey.. Ponyboy would like Andy's success.. and more..

So.. talent .. well yeah... But it's how one uses that talent to be successful.. Some of the most talented players aren't successful.

All of that said, I just don't think Andy has ever been the best "mental" player. Or... it's hard to say... Maybe he has the mental "strength," but he just doesn't have the consistency in shots to make it happen on the same level as a Nadal or Federer.. (or Andre and Pete.)

SheepleBuster
08-16-2009, 01:38 AM
get the hell off the Murray bandwagon

:lol:

I don't even respond to that guy anymore. He is so on Murray's nuts it's crazy. Roddick proved to me tonight that he hasn't changed. And he broke the record for the number of expletives in 20 seconds. I must have heard 7 or more after he got broken at 5-5. Come on man. Roddick sucks!

guga2120
08-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Too bad for Andy. Del Potro, is boring as hell, to watch.

Burrow
08-16-2009, 01:39 AM

And Roddick isn't? What the hell...

Voo de Mar
It didn't seem to me like he risked much, he just got a bad contact and it didn't seem terribly fast.

Didn't even reach the tape, either.

IMO it wasn't his standard 2nd serve, it was faster, the same with Fena's double fault on match point against Davydenko this week.

Il Primo Uomo
Anything but cheering for Nadull 2 = Del Pony one of the weakest players to have ever picked up a racket.

Attention whore. Not one iota of relevance in this so called post. UPGRADE. Next :wavey:

ReturnWinner

I have seen Roddick many times to risk a second serve, not the first time -although not very usual- I see him hit a df facing bp.

SheepleBuster
Now c'mon!

Oh please..

I'd agree Andy is NOT as talented as say.. Ponyboy. But Andy has had his success. In fact, a lot of top 100 players would have liked to have had Andy's success!

So.. talent .. well yeah... But it's how one uses that talent to be successful.. Some of the most talented players aren't successful.

All of that said, I just don't think Andy has ever been the best "mental" player. Or... it's hard to say... Maybe he has the mental "strength," but he just doesn't have the consistency in shots to make it happen on the same level as a Nadal or Federer.. (or Andre and Pete.)

You are right. I misspoke. Roddick is definitely talented. But that bush league stuff won't make anyone lose a match to himu nless they are not top 100. Does that sound better?

tennishero
08-16-2009, 01:40 AM
delpo too good, his confidence and mental toughness is really impressive.

and at the age of 20 he still has a lot of room to improve his game.

andylovesaustin
08-16-2009, 01:41 AM
You are right. I misspoke. Roddick is definitely talented. But that bush league stuff won't make anyone lose a match to himu nless they are not top 100. Does that sound better?

Thanks for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serenidad
Del Trio is definitely a better player than Clowndrew Mugduck.

Matt01
Please... why would anyone respect such a mediocre guy.

:rolls: Be quiet already. Del Pony has won, get over it.

Voo de Mar
I have seen Roddick many times to risk a second serve

Me too but not facing SP, MP or mini-SP, mini-MP like today.

habibko
Andy :sad: At least he gets an extra day of rest before Cincy, which means more to him anyway.

I never noticed until now but Del Potro has one of the most underrated returns in the game. Not only great reach, he reads the serve and times his returns exceptionally well. Should be a good match with Murray tomorrow.

he also has great touch, unusual for a player with a style like his.

superslam77
This isn't where you post pictures of yourself, Burrow. There is a seperate thread for that.

:haha:

Matt01
08-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Del Trio is definitely a better player than Clowndrew Mugduck.

:speakles:

Sunset of Age
08-16-2009, 01:44 AM

Welcome back, Dani, I missed you. :D

GlennMirnyi
08-16-2009, 01:44 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pony is boring to watch, of course. The funny part is that Nadull isn't boring in your opinion.

Attention whore. Not one iota of relevance in this so called post. UPGRADE. Next :wavey:

You don't have to say in your username that you're a primate. It's clear from your posts.

:rolls: Be quiet already. Del Pony has won, get over it.

He'll lose tomorrow anyway.

cobalt60
08-16-2009, 01:45 AM
Welcome back, Dani, I missed you. :D

Interesting avatar Karin :scratch: You mad at the Fedman for losing?;)

Black Adam
08-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Dull Murray and ballbashing Del Pony being the in-form players of the tour is disastrous. The ATP is actually losing its credible and moral superiority over the WTA.

Sunset of Age
08-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Interesting avatar Karin :scratch: You mad at the Fedman for losing?;)

Nah, I dig up that avvy everytime he endures a truly :retard: :retard: :retard: loss. I think that 'performance' of yesterday surely falls into that category, no? :p

(Can't ever, EVER hate him. You know that. But yes, I can surely be mad at him at times... :))

SheepleBuster
08-16-2009, 01:48 AM
Thanks for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen. I am being very gracious today. You know, I don't know about you but when Roddick starts embarrassing Americans by going nuts is just makes me crazy. I am thankful that Roddick is top 5 (though the ranking is obviously flawed), and I do pick him to knock Fed out of next week's tournament. But that doesn't mean Roddick should try running with a towel in his mouth after every game own. He is not going to rush Del Potro, period. Now, if we could find a way to shut Andy Murray up (I hate his come ons), then he'd be a good No. 2. But if Andy Murray continues with those come ons, I hope he goes on a 50 match losing streak.

ArgieFan
Now c'mon!

Oh please..

Really well said...

Anyway, good win for Delpo :worship:

And Andy, that MP :smash:

Burrow
IMO it wasn't his standard 2nd serve, it was faster, the same with Fena's double fault on match point against Davydenko this week.

What speed did it clock? Didn't look fast at all.

safinafan
08-16-2009, 01:49 AM
roddick potrorised again :lol: what a day!!!
tomorrow will be your turn mugrray~hasta la vista bitch!!!

cobalt60
Dull Murray and ballbashing Del Pony being the in-form players of the tour is disastrous. The ATP is actually losing its credible and moral superiority over the WTA.
Speaking of avatars; remember yours was all class;)
Nah, I dig up that avvy everytime he endures a truly :retard: :retard: :retard: loss. I think that 'performance' of yesterday surely falls into that category, no? :p

(Can't ever, EVER hate him. You know that. But yes, I can surely be mad at him at times... :))

I did not watch :bolt: But obviously I heard about it. I am just plain damn excited that JMDP is in a Masters final :yeah:

GlennMirnyi

I agree.

I've been saying that for years, though.

ATP is tending to WTA level these days.

andylovesaustin
08-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Listen. I am being very gracious today. You know, I don't know about you but when Roddick starts embarrassing Americans by going nuts is just makes me crazy. I am thankful that Roddick is top 5 (though the ranking is obviously flawed), and I do pick him to knock Fed out of next week's tournament. But that doesn't mean Roddick should try running with a towel in his mouth after every game own. He is not going to rush Del Potro, period. Now, if we could find a way to shut Andy Murray up (I hate his come ons), then he'd be a good No. 2. But if Andy Murray continues with those come ons, I hope he goes on a 50 match losing streak.

Oh you haven't read any of my post?

I agree... Andy.. I dunno.. I'm gonna support him.. he's from Austin. I'm from Austin... so... But no.. I'm not happy with his behavior all the time. He's really not a bad guy, so I just don't get it.

Then again.. I'm not a world class tennis player either! :lol: Maybe he just can't help himself...

I agree with you though..

cobalt60
08-16-2009, 01:52 AM
Geez guys you'd think the world has ended. I guess if you don't like watching tennis more often than not then don't. Some of us still enjoy whatever we can get :lol:

Black Adam
08-16-2009, 01:52 AM

But you, Mellow Yellow and Bush have already done exquisite jobs at that.

Voo de Mar
08-16-2009, 01:53 AM
What speed did it clock? Didn't look fast at all.

I don't know, just impression :angel: It was pathetic serve, Roddick hit middle of the net. I think it was something like "Ok, now I will serve 2nd-1st serve to surprise him", and in the moment of ball toss he changed his mind to slow down the serve. it wasn't so fast like his usual 1st serve but much more faster than his normal 2nd serve.

cobalt60
08-16-2009, 01:53 AM

Yeah any mouthing off gets to me too. And in Andy's case I think it hurts him. He loses concentration when he goes off on a tirade. And then he lost his game and the match.

GlennMirnyi
08-16-2009, 01:54 AM
Geez guys you'd think the world has ended. I guess if you don't like watching tennis more often than not then don't. Some of us still enjoy whatever we can get :lol:

C'mon, Sueeee.

We are not supposed to like everything we see. This is bollocks and you know it.

Del Pony is the epitome of the mug era.

SheepleBuster
08-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Oh you haven't read any of my post?

I agree... Andy.. I dunno.. I'm gonna support him.. he's from Austin. I'm from Austin... so... But no.. I'm not happy with his behavior all the time. He's really not a bad guy, so I just don't get it.

Then again.. I'm not a world class tennis player either! :lol: Maybe he just can't help himself...

I agree with you though..

I have to say, Andy has improved so much. I think had he played like this for the past 4 years, he'd have more slams. I think him winning his 2nd slam would be justice for his career. Like you said, he is actually a fun guy when not on the court. And I might bash Roddick but I really wanted him to reach the final and silence that come on abuser. What is it with tennis? Women shriek and men say come on all the time. It's so annoying! There got to be a fine for that.

Roddick will beat Federer in Cincinnati. Mark my words!! :)

CescAndyKimi
08-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Too bad for Del Fucktard. Andy Murray can actually slice the bloody Tennis ball. Roddick couldn't give Del Fucktard low balls to save his life. It was actually quite sad. And as usual, Andy will absorb the ball bashing futilities of that ugly clown.
If only Murray wasn't a mobile player, he might stand a chance then. Too bad he'll be playing a wall.

abraxas21
08-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Methinks Roddick lost on purpose to avoid being officialy labeled as 'The King of Epic Final Fails' in his eventual defeat to Murray on Sunday.

abraxas21
08-16-2009, 02:05 AM
Del Pony is the epitome of the mug era.

glen, if this era is so muggy then why do you bother watching so much tennis in the first place?

andylovesaustin
08-16-2009, 02:07 AM
I have to say, Andy has improved so much. I think had he played like this for the past 4 years, he'd have more slams. I think him winning his 2nd slam would be justice for his career. Like you said, he is actually a fun guy when not on the court. And I might bash Roddick but I really wanted him to reach the final and silence that come on abuser. What is it with tennis? Women shriek and men say come on all the time. It's so annoying! There got to be a fine for that.

Roddick will beat Federer in Cincinnati. Mark my words!! :)

:)

rubbERR
Too bad for Del Fucktard. Andy Murray can actually slice the bloody Tennis ball. Roddick couldn't give Del Fucktard low balls to save his life. It was actually quite sad. And as usual, Andy will absorb the ball bashing futilities of that ugly clown.
If only Murray wasn't a mobile player, he might stand a chance then. Too bad he'll be playing a wall.

another clown in mission. :lol:

Voo de Mar
Del Potro def. Roddick 4-6 6-2 7-5

1st set (35 minutes)

0:1 Roddick (15) ; 1:1 Del Potro (0)
1:2 Roddick (30) ; 2:2 Del Potro (0)
2:3 Roddick (0) ; 3:3 Del Potro (15)
3:4 Roddick (15) ; 4:4 Del Potro (1D - 2 bp)
4:5 Roddick (15) ; 4-6 Del Potro (30)

2nd set (36 minutes)

1:0 Roddick (0) ; 2:0 Del Potro (15)
3:0 Roddick (30) ; 4:0 Del Potro (30)
4:1 Roddick (2D - 2 bp) ; 5:1 Del Potro (30)
5:2 Roddick (30) ; 6-2 Del Potro (30)

3rd set (55 minutes)

0:1 Roddick (30) ; 1:1 Del Potro (0)
1:2 Roddick (1D - 1 bp) ; 2:2 Del Potro (15)
2:3 Roddick (0) ; 3:3 Del Potro (1D)
3:4 Roddick (30) ; 4:4 Del Potro (0)
4:5 Roddick (0) ; 5:5 Del Potro (2D - 1 mp)
6:5 Roddick (30); 7-5 Del Potro (30)

SERVICE POINTS (including aces/service winners/unreturned):
Del Potro - 31 ; Roddick - 25

WINNERS:
- forehand: Del Potro - 10 ; Roddick - 3
- backhand: Del Potro - 5 ; Roddick - 2
- volley: Del Potro - 4 ; Roddick - 3
- smash: Del Potro - 3 ; Roddick - 2
- lob: Del Potro - 0 ; Roddick - 0
- dropshot: Del Potro - 2 ; Roddick - 1

ERRORS:
- forehand: Del Potro - 23 ; Roddick - 17
- backhand: Del Potro - 15 ; Roddick - 15
- volley/smash: Del Potro - 1 ; Roddick - 3
- lob: Del Potro - 2 ; Roddick - 0
- double faults: Del Potro - 2 ; Roddick - 2

BREAK POINTS:
Del Potro 3/7 (5 games) ; Roddick 1/6 (3 games)

Challenges: Del Potro 0/2 ; Roddick 2/2

Arkulari
08-16-2009, 02:08 AM
Vamos Juan Martin :woohoo:
his confidence must be sky high after two very good victories against top players :yeah:
I'm almost sure that Muzza will take this, but hey, I hope for a miracle and see Juan Martin winning :yeah:

if that happens, my avatar will be Juan Martin del Potro for a week :yeah:

chenx15
08-16-2009, 02:15 AM
Del Potro has Landed. he will be the future of ATP.

GlennMirnyi
08-16-2009, 02:17 AM
glen, if this era is so muggy then why do you bother watching so much tennis in the first place?

Read the thread, this has already been answered.

Sapeod
08-16-2009, 02:18 AM
another clown in mission. :lol:
My advice would be to stop talking about yourself.

Pea
08-16-2009, 02:20 AM
Del Pony should've had the bagel in the 2nd set!:mad:

Arkulari
08-16-2009, 02:20 AM
I only like ONE WTA player, so I only watch when she plays, I think some people should do the same in the ATP, I for example don't usually watch Murray/Simon/Karlovic matches (unless they play one of my faves) because I find them boring, maybe I'm just not a masochist at watching something I don't like :shrug:

Corey Feldman
08-16-2009, 02:21 AM
Del Pony should've had the bagel in the 2nd set!:mad:he was saved by that bearded canuck linesman, the same one he abused and got ejected 20 minutes later :(

betowiec
08-16-2009, 02:23 AM
Roddick is Delpo's bitch

abraxas21
08-16-2009, 02:28 AM
Read the thread, this has already been answered.

I clicked to see your posts on this thread and i couldn't find an answer. it just seems rather weird that a guy who thinks that this era is so muggy would spend so much time watching tennis, reading about tennis and writing about tennis. the only reasonable answer i can come up with is that you must be some kind of sports reporter and so watching tennis is your work. if that's not the case then i wouldn't understand...

it's a simple question: if you don't like what you watch, why do you keep watching it?

MIMIC
08-16-2009, 02:30 AM
Saw the match.

GOOD! I can't stand Roddick.

GlennMirnyi
08-16-2009, 02:32 AM
I clicked to see your posts on this thread and i couldn't find an answer. it just seems rather weird that a guy who thinks that this era is so muggy would spend so much time watching tennis, reading about tennis and writing about tennis. the only reasonable answer i can come up with is that you must be some kind of sports reporter and so watching tennis is your work. if that's not the case then i wouldn't understand...

it's a simple question: if you don't like what you watch, why do you keep watching it?

Because I'm not a fair-weather fan of tennis like you all.

Serenidad
08-16-2009, 02:33 AM
:speakles:

Are you surprised, Matt? :speakles:

Mugduck is the worst.

DJ Soup
08-16-2009, 02:35 AM

growing up on clay gives you that

GlennMirnyi
08-16-2009, 02:36 AM

How can someone say that with a straight face?

abraxas21
08-16-2009, 02:39 AM

must be quite a sacrifice for you then... watching tennis nowadays even when you don't enjoy it.

not to disrespect but in my very humble opinion i think you're full of shit, glenn

River
08-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Bah. Didn't watch the match.

Sad for Andy. Dunno what's going on, but Del Potro's got his number indeed.

rubbERR
08-16-2009, 02:40 AM

How can someone say that with a straight face?

clown in mission, shameful to see this kind of humans :lol:

DJ Soup
08-16-2009, 02:43 AM
oh, you are of the sick kind

GlennMirnyi
08-16-2009, 02:53 AM
must be quite a sacrifice for you then... watching tennis nowadays even when you don't enjoy it.

not to disrespect but in my very humble opinion i think you're full of shit, glenn

Wow, you're so polite.

Not every single match is bad. Just most of the final matches.

Learn how to write before addressing me, you moron.

oh, you are of the sick kind

No, I'm a real fan, one that doesn't think Mugtro has "great touch" i.e. not a clown.

ChinoRios4Ever
08-16-2009, 02:54 AM
JMDP = CLUTCH!

ARod :hug: i still believe in you for the USO :devil:

rubbERR
08-16-2009, 02:59 AM
and now trying to be polite... embarassing :lol:

Sapeod
08-16-2009, 03:01 AM
Are you looking in a mirror by any chance?

rubbERR
08-16-2009, 03:04 AM
Are you looking in a mirror by any chance?

seriously kid, you need to stop reply every post i write. :lol:

Sapeod
08-16-2009, 03:05 AM
seriously kid, you need to stop reply every post i write. :lol:
Stop posting then. It will end you problem, my problem and also the forum's :D

iSzavay.
08-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Oh my god Andy :mad::smash::help::weirdo: losing to this guy twice in a row, it's pathetic :tape:.

DJ Soup
08-16-2009, 03:17 AM
No, I'm a real fan, one that doesn't think Mugtro has "great touch" i.e. not a clown.
there's where you fail.

Rather feed yourself with your ego,

pardon us, for you are a REAL fan, while the rest of us mortals cannot have a grip on what REAL tennis is supposed to.

Humbleness and open-mindedness, quite a rarity isn't it?

Serenidad
08-16-2009, 03:20 AM
Oh my god Andy :mad::smash::help::weirdo: losing to this guy twice in a row, it's pathetic :tape:.

Three. Learn to count clown.

straitup
08-16-2009, 03:21 AM
The matches between these two are always so close, but you always get the sense that Del Potro is going to have the upper hand when he is hitting his shots well.

Serenidad
08-16-2009, 03:24 AM
Of course when Clowndrew is a Mugduck from the backcourt.

GlennMirnyi
08-16-2009, 03:44 AM
there's where you fail.

Rather feed yourself with your ego,

pardon us, for you are a REAL fan, while the rest of us mortals cannot have a grip on what REAL tennis is supposed to.

Humbleness and open-mindedness, quite a rarity isn't it?

Humbleness is for losers like you.

I know what is a real fan, and I'm sure I'm one. You're not. You think Del Pony has "great touch".

tealeaves
08-16-2009, 03:49 AM
Del Pony :hearts: Now win your first 1000 final :woohoo:

docking34
08-16-2009, 04:30 AM
terrible match imo, esp. that fucking awful 3rd set. WTF roddick? had the match point and didnt convert. shame, really was a fucking shame. this match was roddick's. i knew it from the beginning that roddick would struggle but knew he could pull it off. his serve was actually pretty good too.

DJ Soup
08-16-2009, 05:56 AM
Humbleness is for losers like you.

I know what is a real fan, and I'm sure I'm one. You're not. You think Del Pony has "great touch".
ah, no..

you're not a quality person at all

Sir-Nemesis
08-16-2009, 06:04 AM
Delpo is God!!!!!

scarecrows
08-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Congrats to Juan. Next time try playing at the server's pace instead of your own, big guy. :yeah:

bitter? i think yes

madmax
08-16-2009, 07:39 AM
words Del Pony and "great touch" should really not be used in one sentence:confused: He is very consistant ballbasher however, combined with his height that makes him a force on fast hardcourts

GlennMirnyi
08-16-2009, 07:51 AM
ah, no..

you're not a quality person at all

At least I'm not dumb as a door, like anyone who thinks Pony has great touch.

words Del Pony and "great touch" should really not be used in one sentence:confused: He is very consistant ballbasher however, combined with his height that makes him a force on fast hardcourts

The first part of the sentence is very correct.

Saya-nee-sama
08-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Murray will beat him in the final...Unfortunately. but good match anyway .

Bargearse
08-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Del Potro looks so unco out there. Tall, gangly... one doesn't expect him to do well, but somehow he manages to surprise every time. Not surprised he beat Roddick again, but unfortunately, this is where it ends for Del Potro. Murray in straight sets.

Matt01
08-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Delpo is God!!!!!

No, he's GOAT ;)

And it's always good the see when the better, more talented player with a nicer personality wins :D

Luka Matic
08-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Andy :( :( :(

scoobs
08-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Wow, you're so polite.

Not every single match is bad. Just most of the final matches.

Learn how to write before addressing me, you moron.

Just out of curiosity, which have been your favourite matches this year?