Why does no one see that Federer's mind IS NOT in the MS events? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why does no one see that Federer's mind IS NOT in the MS events?

Langers
08-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Clearly he's not there mentally in the MS 1000 events. He's won 15 Slams, wants to keep building to that tally and IMO he will. He might be there in body but he’s not there in mind. You honestly think he would let a 5-1 lead in the deciding set slip in a Slam? Of course not. Now in saying that I agree it was an unbelievably pathetic collapse and it should never happen, especially not for a player of Federer’s ilk.

I am extremely anti-Federer but even I can see that writing him off because of some lackluster play in a MS events is absolutely ludicrous. He'll win the US Open and once again people will look back at their current overreactions and think maybe, just maybe they jumped the gun. He puts all his focus into the majors, has done for a while now and will continue to until he’s days are up.

AtoChansu
08-15-2009, 05:52 PM
He should at least win 3 more so he can at least pass Agassi... although he's got at least like 30 more opportunities.

Saya-nee-sama
08-15-2009, 05:54 PM
I don't think 18 is enough. yeah he will pass agassi. but there are people that can win way more than 18.
I don't find it really important. I dunno. 18 GS's would be sweet though , haha.

Chiakifug
No-one? A lot of people do actually. Hes turning into Serena Williams. Unfortunatly.

Action Jackson
Langers, don't take the knee jerk reaction committee on GM seriously.

DorianGray7
08-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Federer is finished. He played terribly the last 2 slams and only won because Nadal wasn't there to gut him.

He's not going to win another Grand Slam ever, esp. with Murray and Del Portro all stepping up their game.

Langers
08-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Langers, don't take the knee jerk reaction committee on GM seriously.
I suppose I shouldn't but it's annoying after every single loss a 'is Federer done', 'is Federer past his peak' thread will appear. Then when the Slams roll around Federer moves into invincible gear and all the talk has again been premature.

If he blows a 5-1 lead in the deciding set of a Slam then the threads might hold a little more weight.

GlennMirnyi
08-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks for stating the obvious, Fakertard.

Saya-nee-sama
08-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Federer is finished. He played terribly the last 2 slams and only won because Nadal wasn't there to gut him.

He's not going to win another Grand Slam ever, esp. with Murray and Del Portro all stepping up their game.

he didn't play TERRIBLY, I mean at wimby. let's not push it. so considering he has something like 3 years before he retires,He could win something like 3 more GS's, right ?1slam a year from now on is a respectable number I think. And that would be awesome.He has nothing more to prove. And it's not like Nadal is going to be at his best although I would want him to.
about murray and Del Potro umm yeah they will step it up. but I hope The latter will improve even more :O

JimmyV
08-15-2009, 06:06 PM

Your damn right, now that Murray has decided to step up he's winning masters events and looks like a threat to make the US Open final. Totally different from last year when....oh wait, he did the exact same thing last year and got whitewashed by Fed.

Del Portro on the other hand looks poised and ready to beat Federer. The last time they met on hardcourts Federer only bageled him twice, this time he's guaranteed at least 3 games a set.

Burrow
08-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I think it's just a matter of time before he starts going downhill in slams too, he got very lucky to win Roland Garros and he was almost beaten by Roddick at Wimbledon on top of the fact Andreev could've dumped him out at Flushing Meadows last year.

He's not the player he used to be, anywhere. I'd rather see him win than Muggay, Faker and the boring Spaniard though.

Saya-nee-sama
08-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Your damn right, now that Murray has decided to step up he's winning masters events and looks like a threat to make the US Open final. Totally different from last year when....oh wait, he did the exact same thing last year and got whitewashed by Fed.

Del Portro on the other hand looks poised and ready to beat Federer. The last time they met on hardcourts Federer only bageled him twice, this time he's guaranteed at least 3 games a set.
:lol: I like you .

chenx15
08-15-2009, 06:13 PM

With the French open he was a bit terrible except the final specially even after being attacked by that clown and still be mentally strong but in the wimbledon well sir you are an idiot for saying he did terrible

chenx15
08-15-2009, 06:14 PM

it's hard to resist the smartness of this post. thanks for the thrid degree burn!:worship:

oranges
08-15-2009, 06:17 PM
What does it matter? He never particularly focused on masters, but never let the double break advantage slip. You want us to stop marveling at what happened just because the tournament is not of primary importance to him?

abraxas21
08-15-2009, 06:18 PM
I think it's just a matter of time before he starts going downhill in slams too, he got very lucky to win Roland Garros and he was almost beaten by Roddick at Wimbledon on top of the fact Andreev could've dumped him out at Flushing Meadows last year.

He's not the player he used to be, anywhere. I'd rather see him win than Muggay, Faker and the boring Spaniard though.

i actually agree. he ain't the same player he used to be and while he still has what it takes to beat some good players and win a GS, i would frankly be surprised if he can beat an all form nadal or a Murray in a match again. Despite the fact that i despise those players.

Black Adam
08-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks for taking the time to clear things for up. We wouldn't want to think that there might be another reason Federer lost, like his opponent playing good?

Black Adam
08-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks for taking the time to clear things for up. We wouldn't want to think that there might be another reason Federer lost, like his opponent playing well?

FedFan_2007
08-15-2009, 06:29 PM
It's very simple. He sees the bigger picture with the slams and won't fight to the death for Masters 1000 events like he used to through 2007 Hamburg. Ever since he won Wimbledon that year, the Masters events have clearly assumed a low priority in his mind. I think for him to win a Masters these days the right draw + luck has to come through.

Saya-nee-sama
08-15-2009, 06:30 PM
well I agree. I actually didn't understand what happened to him at the end of the final Set. I've never seen him blow a 5-2 lead. But , I mean his serve just him let him down and Jo began to play great at that moment. so...? I don't Think It means he's finished. he's no 2006 federer. but even in this form he can beat top players , when he's giving everything he has ( I mean In slams ).

habibko
08-15-2009, 07:09 PM
we all see it, some just deny it.

wait I take that back, yes many don't see it, the amount of delusionals around here is underrated.

trixtah
08-15-2009, 07:52 PM
He's going to keep building up his slam tally by losing in "lesser" tourneys?

HKz
08-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Let's talk about something new preez.