Montreal R3: R. Nadal beats P. Petzschner 6-3, 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Montreal R3: R. Nadal beats P. Petzschner 6-3, 6-2

DrJules
08-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Picasso exhibited the ugliness of the painting Guernica in this attempt at playing tennis. The number of unforced errors was certainly extreme. Gained little feel for how Nadal is playing.

The occasion proved too much for Petzschner.

The next match against Del Potro will let us know how Nadal is playing. On current form Del Potro must be favourite. Best strategy against Nadal is ball bashing, but you do need to keep the ball in court which is something Del Potro can do.

dijus
08-13-2009, 10:27 PM
disgrace from Picasso

Deivid23
What a clown this Petzschner :lol:

Fiberlight1
Hi haters. :)

Fed Express
Well we still don't know where Nadal stands.

Petzschner was awful. He was litterally hitting forehands meters out or almost making them bounce on his side of the net first....

TMJordan
Picasso is a true mug.

That must have been the muggiest preformance I have ever seen anyone put forth in the history of tennis. We are all mugs ourselfs for having watch this and Picasso should just fuck off.

philosophicalarf
08-13-2009, 10:28 PM
So full of nerves I'm surprised he didn't trip over his own feet. Worst performance by a pro I've seen in years :-(

Machiavelli
Unreal challenger level player this Petzachner, would struggle to win matches at futures level

TheWall
Petzschner couldn't hit a slice in the first 10 games....

ballbasher101
Poor match. Nadal would have won this with his eyes closed.

rubbERR
08-13-2009, 10:29 PM
this petzschner is good :haha:

straitup
And many people thought Petzschner would win :eek: :lol:

habibko
Petzschner should be fined for his lack of effort, especially mentally and tactically, Nadal wasn't even chasing drop shots so why the hell didn't he use them more often? he has a great slice so why didn't he hit short slices to bring Nadal to the net or just make Nadal run back and forth?

instead he kept going for impossible shots all the time with no patience and no reasonable thinking at all, disgusting.

moon language
Well, at least Nadal seemed a bit more capable of keeping his routine shots inside the court, and served a bit better than yesterday. A decent practice session for him, a boring match for the fans.

Arkulari
08-13-2009, 10:30 PM
37 UEs from Picasso, Rafa didn't have to do ANYTHING, he killed himself :rolls: :rolls:
this match isn't an indicator of Rafa's form, his first test could be Juan Martin if he's fit to play :o

Cloudygirl
08-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Picasso is a true mug.

That must have been the muggiest preformance I have ever seen anyone put forth in the history of tennis. We are all mugs ourselfs for having watch this and Picasso should just fuck off.

I think that is the first post ever where I have agreed with you completely.

rocketassist
08-13-2009, 10:31 PM
That court can't take slice I'm afraid, too slow.

This was a carbon copy of the Djokovic match with Picasso playing the role of Youzhny and imitating it to great effect.

Nadal can come back having played no competitive tennis and sore knees and win with ease===== STRONG ERA. :worship:

Sinerra
08-13-2009, 10:31 PM
The net was too high and the court too small for Petzschner.. Pretty boring match.

That lob from Nadal was amazing :D

rubbERR
08-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Delpo was unforced error machine today and he looked very tired im afraid that his current level is not enought to take Rafa out.

Certinfy
08-13-2009, 10:33 PM
And this guy beat Querrey...

alter ego
08-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Picasso is a true mug.

Picasso gives mugs a bad name.
That was ridicuolos, he can't even bend his knees. For fuck sake how is this guy ranked 45 in the world ? does he have a twin brother or something ?

philosophicalarf
And this guy beat Querrey...

....and won two tiebreaks against tiebreak-king Boredo.

Today I doubt he could have beaten Roitman, and that's about as bad as I can insult a player.

Sunset of Age
Impossible to draw any a conclusion on Rafa's current form from this match.
He didn't need to do anything really, as Petzschner was a complete disgrace. Atrocious performance. Didn't even try. :mad:

If anything, this 'match' hopefully helped Rafa to shake off some of the rustiness, but I even doubt that, as he never got tested at any time. A regular practice session might well have tested him even more. Hopefully he at least got some adjustment to the court.

Congrats, Rafa! :hatoff:
And Petzschner... be ashamed of yourself. Can't find any kind words for the fellow, as much as I try. :o

Singularity
08-13-2009, 10:36 PM
I thought Petzschner was pretty awful. His groundstrokes were good enough to stay in the rally with Nadal for one or two shots and then he'd dump the ball into the net or spray it wide. So nothing to trouble even a sub-par Nadal, and no backup plan either (why didn't he mix things up and come to the net more?).

rhinooooo
08-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Another startling contribution to - THE MUG ERA

Corey Feldman
08-13-2009, 10:37 PM
And many people thought Petzschner would win :eek: :lol:made me laugh as well :lol: never seen a more pathetic player in my life - and this guy won an ATP title :o

Bilbo
08-13-2009, 10:38 PM
petz is a fucking joke

JMG
08-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Didn't even try. :mad:

:cuckoo: That's just bullshit.

Sunset of Age
08-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Picasso exhibited the ugliness of the painting Guernica in this attempt at playing tennis.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Sunset of Age
08-13-2009, 10:41 PM
:cuckoo: That's just bullshit.

No it's not. Or did you just watch the SB?

Horatio Caine
08-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Yeah, didn't believe that Petzschner would come to much. He has done well for himself, especially over the last year...but he just isn't a match for this sort of level (well, not too many are...).

Forget this being the return of Nadal...really, this is the return of the masterful Uncle Toni. Querrey nicely accounted for in R1 - no need to worry about him anymore. Ferrer to rock up crocked for R2. Let's throw in a mug for R3. Need something to happen to Del Potro...ah, the shoulder and back! Let's think ahead to the SF. Hmmm, Djokovic? Easy...he is never 100% fit for his matches. Final? Let's clear the way for Father Fed. Simply a genius! :worship: :devil:

madmax
08-13-2009, 10:42 PM
now watch Del Pony withdraw and give Nadull a ticket to the semi:o Yup, that's the strong modern era of clowns we are witnessing...

DrJules
08-13-2009, 10:43 PM
The advantage of being a top player is that sometimes your opponent will defeat themselves. Never was it more true than today.

Andi-M
08-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Petzchner was ridiculously bad today. Gift wrapped 90% of points to Nadal with UEs.

Nadal looked Okay I suppose, But if Potro is fit i'd make him favorite tommorow.

rubbERR
now watch Del Pony withdraw and give Nadull a ticket to the semi:o Yup, that's the strong modern era of clowns we are witnessing...

Why would he withdraw? it was nothing serious when he took those medical timeouts :lol:

JMG
No it's not. Or did you just watch the SB?

I saw it and couldn't see any lack of effort. I've enjoyed more than 50 matches of him, so I can tell more than you I guess.

Castafiore
08-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Didn't even try. :mad:
He did try (and I did watch it).
I can understand that you want a tighter match but it was easy to see that Petzschner was trying.

Matt01
08-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Please don't call Petzy a mug :sad:
He just had a bad day and wanted to give a "welcome back present" to Rafa :p

So nice to have Rafa back :) :(

Byrd
08-13-2009, 10:54 PM
What a disgrace this clown is petzschner, someone needs to offer this tool a private jet to cincinatti but send it to Niagra falls instead, take Boredo as well.

tennizen
08-13-2009, 10:55 PM
:lol: People expecting Petzschner to do better:retard:

Sunset of Age
08-13-2009, 10:57 PM
He did try (and I did watch it).
I can understand that you want a tighter match but it was easy to see that Petzschner was trying.

It might be a matter of interpretation of what one sees, but to me the # of UEs about says it all. So many shanks and unnecessary nettings, unbelievable. If you get that number of UEs with trying, I don't even want to think how many you get if you don't. :shrug:

I'd really would have liked to see a MATCH, if only to know where Rafa is right now considering his come-back.
Well it was a nice practice session, and I'm happy he's through of course.

delpiero7
08-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Having read many comments regarding Petzschner on this very forum, I was under the impression that he was the greatest tennis player since Rod Laver.

Therefore, it is a true indicator of the mug era we are in when the greatest gets straight setted by a moonballing mug with no knees on a hardcourt (not to mention getting owned 1-6 2-6 4-6 at the hands of BRIAN EFFING DABUL at the Aussie Open).

Jōris
08-13-2009, 11:02 PM
And with his depressive performance today, Petzchner entered the Blue Period.

Corey Feldman
08-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Therefore, it is a true indicator of the mug era we are in when the greatest gets straight setted by a moonballing mug with no knees on a hardcourt (not to mention getting owned 1-6 2-6 4-6 at the hands of BRIAN EFFING DABUL at the Aussie Open).he looked terrible when i seen him play Hewitt at Wimbledon as well, Robredo had to be drunk in last round

Castafiore
08-13-2009, 11:07 PM
but to me the # of UEs about says it all.
The UE statistics don't say enough about the efforts players put in and certainly not whether he was trying at all. :shrug:
Besides, Rafa's opponents often have a high UE% or do you think that they all just didn't try, rolled over and played dead, Karin? Mugs, the lot of them, I tell you. :p

I think that you're a bit harsh on Petzschner with the "he wasn't even trying :mad:" (not that I'm claiming that he played the match of his life) but I can
understand that you hope for a tight match.

Let's hope Fed gets one hell of a nailbiter, right?
I'm guessing it won't happen, though. Prediction: Stan will be :worship: but Fed will be too good and all that. Anybody claiming that Stan didn't try is a termite,... yadda yadda yadda.

JMG
08-13-2009, 11:10 PM
It might be a matter of interpretation of what one sees, but to me the # of UEs about says it all. So many shanks and unnecessary nettings, unbelievable. If you get that number of UEs with trying, I don't even want to think how many you get if you don't. :shrug:

I'd really would have liked to see a MATCH, if only to know where Rafa is right now considering his come-back.
Well it was a nice practice session, and I'm happy he's through of course.

Then tactic against Nadal is to play more aggressive than usual and hope to have a good day on the forehand. Why would he just play the ball in against someone like Nadal? I think the tactic was alright, he just didn't get into his rhythm. A solid number of great points was still there. Did yo see the dropshot in the last game, second point?

He was ill for 4-5 days before the Dabul match I think.

Smoke944
08-13-2009, 11:11 PM
MTF :worship:
Petzschner plays an awesome match against Querrey and he is the greatest most artistic player ever. Now he doesn't play well matched up against a player that has an extremely tough style for him to play against and he is the worst man to ever pick up a racket :confused:

JMG
08-13-2009, 11:12 PM
he looked terrible when i seen him play Hewitt at Wimbledon as well, Robredo had to be drunk in last round

He was quite good against Hewitt, stop lying here just to feed the haters. I will upload beautiful highlights next month.

Castafiore
08-13-2009, 11:14 PM
One reason why Petzschner was having a high UE % - in my opinion, obviously - is because he was trying to be aggressive (since outslugging him from the back isn't an option) and he overshot a lot of balls, just couldn't execute it properly. That doesn't indicate a lack of effort, but just not the right tools to succesfully use his tactics.

(disclaimer: I agree that this match isn't a very good indicator on how Rafa's playing at the moment but it can help gain a bit more confidence perhaps)

Smoke944
08-13-2009, 11:14 PM
One reason why Petzschner was having a high UE % in my humble opinion because he was trying to be aggressive (since outslugging him from the back isn't an option) and he overshot a lot of balls, just couldn't execute it properly. That doesn't indicate a lack of effort, but just not the right tools to succesfully use his tactics.

True

made me laugh as well :lol: never seen a more pathetic player in my life - and this guy won an ATP title :o

petz is a fucking joke

Did you forget the match against Querrey already?

moon language
08-13-2009, 11:18 PM

:lol:

Voo de Mar
08-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Useless match, low attendance on the stadium. Montreal people knew this matchup is a waste of time :o

Gaudio2004
08-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Petzchner's slice is overrated, Federer's slice is extremely better.

guille&tati4life
08-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Petzschner should be fined for his lack of effort, especially mentally and tactically

A hell of a lot of players are going to be fined if the ATP starts giving them out for bad tactics :lol:.

Originally Posted by Corey Feldman
he looked terrible when i seen him play Hewitt at Wimbledon as well, Robredo had to be drunk in last round

:confused: You forgot the Hewitt match? Or just made up that you watched?

Skyward
08-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Let's hope Fed gets one hell of a nailbiter, right?
I'm guessing it won't happen, though.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=149191

That's where people unload their hopes.

Corey Feldman
08-13-2009, 11:29 PM
:confused: You forgot the Hewitt match? Or just made up that you watched?what i saw of it was shit :shrug: he hit many amateurish looking shots

batavlada
08-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Petzschner called Picasso? Disgrace.

JMG
08-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Petzschner should be fined for his lack of effort, especially mentally and tactically, Nadal wasn't even chasing drop shots so why the hell didn't he use them more often? he has a great slice so why didn't he hit short slices to bring Nadal to the net or just make Nadal run back and forth?

instead he kept going for impossible shots all the time with no patience and no reasonable thinking at all, disgusting.

More disgusting than watching a public beheading for sure.

fast_clay
08-13-2009, 11:41 PM

and so, he emerged in Cincinatti sporting all but one ear lobe...

Smoke944
08-13-2009, 11:41 PM
and so, he emerged in Cincinatti sporting all but one ear lobe...

:lol:

Arkulari
08-13-2009, 11:48 PM
come on guys, Petzschner played atrociously, the shots he wasn't playing wide, he was netting them :shrug:

Rafa didn't really get that many winners to get such a convincing victory, the guy made about 18 UEs per set, so Rafa didn't really need to do anything but hang on and watch Petzschner kill himself :shrug:

Voo de Mar
08-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Strategic tank from Picasso thinking about the Qualy in Cincy

Isn't better beat Nadal to obtain "special exempt" in Cincinnati? :o

dorkino
08-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Having read many comments regarding Petzschner on this very forum, I was under the impression that he was the greatest tennis player since Rod Laver.

Therefore, it is a true indicator of the mug era we are in when the greatest gets straight setted by a moonballing mug with no knees on a hardcourt (not to mention getting owned 1-6 2-6 4-6 at the hands of BRIAN EFFING DABUL at the Aussie Open).

:yeah: Best post in the thread.

GlennMirnyi
08-13-2009, 11:51 PM
What an a**hole this guy losing to a moonballer without even going to the net.

Freaking disgrace.

Those mugs respect this clown moonballer quitter too much.

fast_clay
08-13-2009, 11:52 PM
i think it was a tank today also...

scoobs
08-13-2009, 11:54 PM
A better performance from Nadal today, and it will be interesting to see where he's at tomorrow against Del Potro.

straitup
08-13-2009, 11:56 PM
This Petzschner also lost to Paolo Lorenzi this year

JMG
08-13-2009, 11:57 PM

Freaking disgrace.

It's tough to play against Nadal's spin and you know it. That's also a reason for "unforced" errors.

habibko
08-13-2009, 11:59 PM
More disgusting than watching a public beheading for sure.

WTF?

GlennMirnyi
08-14-2009, 12:00 AM
It's tough to play against Nadal's spin and you know it. That's also a reason for "unforced" errors.

Yeah, so tough.

If Simon can do it...

Trying to stay in baseline rallies with Nadull is too stupid. It was a pathetic gameplan.

Bazooka
08-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Serve stats much better tha yesterday, but in reality it means little, Nadal's serve was real bad.

Gaudio2004
08-14-2009, 12:03 AM
You can stay in baseline rallies with Nadal and win, Federer did it at Madrid 2009, he's bagelled him in Wimbledon before by just unloading low-balls to Nadal's backhand, it can be done for certain. Just that high-percentage forehand that Nadal, that's all it is. He isn't a "mental warrior" at all, anyone can hit his forehand.

peribsen
08-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Disgraceful bashing of Picasso on MTF. It really would be funny (if it wasn´t so grotesque) to see how a player can be cast as a hero one day and as a mug the next, simply because of one match. This renews my opinion about just how many of MTF members really know anything about tennis. Wonder how many people here would win a single game from Petzschner.. The guy was trying a risky strategy against a player that is far better than him. It certainly didn´t work, but I fail to see any motive for insulting him.

As for Nadal, this match was a bit better than yesterday's but it is still too early to really judge his form. The thing he needs the most is more matches. Delpo at the QF will be excellent practice, no matter the result. If Nadal can win, great, but if he loses it's no problem. He´s on his way back, that's the only thing that matters right now. (Besides, he would be losing to a South American, which is certainly the most decent way to go for a Spaniard :devil:).

selyoink
08-14-2009, 12:55 AM
More proof of how the ATP continually fixes draws for Nadull. Disgraceful that he is in the QFs after a fix and a bending over in his first two matches.

straitup
08-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Disgraceful bashing of Picasso on MTF. It really would be funny (if it wasn´t so grotesque) to see how a player can be cast as a hero one day and as a mug the next, simply because of one match. This renews my opinion about just how many of MTF members really know anything about tennis. Wonder how many people here would win a single game from Petzschner.. The guy was trying a risky strategy against a player that is far better than him. It certainly didn´t work, but I fail to see any motive for insulting him.

As for Nadal, this match was a bit better than yesterday's but it is still too early to really judge his form. The thing he needs the most is more matches. Delpo at the QF will be excellent practice, no matter the result. If Nadal can win, great, but if he loses it's no problem. He´s on his way back, that's the only thing that matters right now. (Besides, he would be losing to a South American, which is certainly the most decent way to go for a Spaniard :devil:).

None of us said we would win a game against Petzschner...but the fact that half of MTF worships him like he's going to be the next Federer or Sampras makes me want to vomit sometimes. He certainly may have employed a risky strategy to beat Nadal, because that's basically what everyone tries...but he's apparently held to such a ridiculous standard here on MTF that it's mind-boggling.

connectolove
08-14-2009, 01:09 AM
At least nadal won,that's all I care about :-)

JMG
08-14-2009, 01:10 AM
but he's apparently held to such a ridiculous standard here on MTF that it's mind-boggling.

The opposite is the case. Just read this thread.

straitup
08-14-2009, 01:39 AM
The opposite is the case. Just read this thread.

Or read the WWW thread for Nadal-Petzschner...it was almost a 50-50 split as to who will win. Yes a lot of them may be anti-Nadal, but I guarantee that the only players that probably get a 50-50 split with Nadal in a WWW thread are Federer, Murray, maybe Djokovic, and that's about it

vamosinator
08-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Or read the WWW thread for Nadal-Petzschner...it was almost a 50-50 split as to who will win. Yes a lot of them may be anti-Nadal, but I guarantee that the only players that probably get a 50-50 split with Nadal in a WWW thread are Federer, Murray, maybe Djokovic, and that's about it

Federer Murray Djokovic get a 50-50 split even though Nadal is so dominant over them that Federer despite his bunny status has the best head2head v Nadal. Its a hater-split.

fast_clay
08-14-2009, 02:49 AM
None of us said we would win a game against Petzschner...but the fact that half of MTF worships him like he's going to be the next Federer or Sampras makes me want to vomit sometimes. He certainly may have employed a risky strategy to beat Nadal, because that's basically what everyone tries...but he's apparently held to such a ridiculous standard here on MTF that it's mind-boggling.

i think you are missing the point... and not just missing by a little bit...

Mint Chip
08-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Petzscher def. Picasso 6-3 6-2 :sad:

MrChopin
08-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Let's hope Fed gets one hell of a nailbiter, right? I'm guessing it won't happen, though. Prediction: Stan will be :worship: but Fed will be too good and all that. Anybody claiming that Stan didn't try is a termite,... yadda yadda yadda.

What a clown response. Do you honestly think that Ferrer quitting and Petz handing it over is a fair draw when compared to anybody else playing here? Rafa is now in the QF and hasn't done shit yet. Toni is handing out the green. Everyone knows this. Get over it.

iSzavay.
08-14-2009, 03:30 AM
Wow, Rafa is already having a better return than I expected, so congrats :yeah:.

Philip :unsure: not too impressive. At all.

Guy Haines
08-14-2009, 03:37 AM

Freaking disgrace.

:lol: How can you turn on him like that? At least Jo won.

:spit: at Dr. Jules, Arend, and fast_clay.

Glad Nadal and Del Potro get to square off, it's good match play for both going in to the US Open.

marquez
08-14-2009, 03:56 AM
pretty funny how everybody is insulting petzschner now
how can you blame him for not getting it together in probably the biggest match of his career so far?
he tried his best but he just couldn't hit a fh or a sliced bh today. anyone who follows his matches knows that he has problems to beat solid ch players on a day like today.

*bunny*
08-14-2009, 04:04 AM
Twas nice to see Rafa serving better than yesterday and finding some of his signature shots, like that incredible get and a lob in the second set. :)

As for Petzschner, it looked to me he had trouble handling Rafa's spin, hence many UEs. His service return was better in the second set but that alone wouldn't change his fortune anyway.

Good luck to Rafa against JM. I like them both but I hope Friday will be Rafa's day. :)

delpiero7
08-14-2009, 04:35 AM
What a clown response. Do you honestly think that Ferrer quitting and Petz handing it over is a fair draw when compared to anybody else playing here? Rafa is now in the QF and hasn't done shit yet. Toni is handing out the green. Everyone knows this. Get over it.

R1 - (1)Roger Federer (SUI) bye
R2 - def. Frederic Niemeyer :haha: - a guy who's won a gargantuan total of 12 top level ATP matches since 1998 :worship: Touch and go for Federer.
R3 - def Stan Wawrinka - another opportunity for the Swiss clown to bend over for his beloved Roger. Tough match for sure. :rolleyes:

compared to:

R1 - (2)Rafael Nadal (ESP) bye
R2 - def. David Ferrer - had previously beaten Nadal two out of the three times they'd met on a hard court. But I'll let you have the bending over argument for this one to level things up.
R3 - def. Phillip Petzschner - So now you're telling me it's a fix in favour of Nadal when he gets drawn against the greatest tennis player since Laver?!

GlennMirnyi
08-14-2009, 05:29 AM
:lol: How can you turn on him like that? At least Jo won.

:spit: at Dr. Jules, Arend, and fast_clay.

Glad Nadal and Del Potro get to square off, it's good match play for both going in to the US Open.

I'm not gonna be a fanboy now. He played an awful match and did everything wrong.

ChinoRios4Ever
08-14-2009, 05:37 AM
MTF's GM is too good nowadays :lol:

Rafa :yeah:

Guy Haines
08-14-2009, 05:59 AM
I'm not gonna be a fanboy now. He played an awful match and did everything wrong.

He'll come around, I hope. He's steadily improved his ranking.

Castafiore
08-14-2009, 07:48 AM
I don't know what some of you were expecting from Petzschner but you'd think he's a top 3 material judging by the preceeding expectations and the following disappointment.

come on guys, Petzschner played atrociously, the shots he wasn't playing wide, he was netting them :shrug:
:confused:

Quite a few of his shots were wide and yes, some were netted. That's because he was trying to take risks and be aggressive which is something he had to do anyway if he wanted to have a chance against Rafa. It didn't work out because he couldn't get the balance right.
But if you want to follow the "he's a mug and that's all there is to it" line, fine.

tennisace28
08-14-2009, 07:52 AM
vamos rafa! now raifto has to lift his game to stand a chance against the dangerous pony!

Arkulari
08-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Quite a few of his shots were wide and yes, some were netted. That's because he was trying to take risks and be aggressive which is something he had to do anyway if he wanted to have a chance against Rafa. It didn't work out because he couldn't get the balance right.
But if you want to follow the "he's a mug and that's all there is to it" line, fine.

I've NEVER called Petzschner a mug, but I think he played really badly today, he was off time and off balance, nothing compared to his match against Boredo for example, I don't dislike him, but he had an atrocious showing against Rafa :shrug:

Didn't think he was going to beat Rafa or that he's the next coming, but expected him to be more centered after a couple good matches, nothing more, nothing less :shrug:

Aenea
08-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Didn't bother reading through the thread since I'm sure all the haters have jumped on Petzschner for not beating Nadal and I can imagine the names he has been called here after this match. So I'll only say Rafa did well reaching QF in this tournament something I did not expect. I'm glad he's progressing and slowly but surely improving his game.

Well done, Rafa :yeah: Just build up on those wins and keep impoving and adjusting.

HattonWBA
08-14-2009, 08:13 AM
No indication of Rafa's form again

hcfoo
08-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Perhaps a win over Delpo will shut the haters off

hcfoo
08-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Or maybe not...

Harmless
08-14-2009, 08:48 AM
I don't understand why so many of you are so down on Philipp.
Have you never watched him play? :confused:

Rafa's style is a nightmare for him on a not-so-great day, and it's a well known fact for anyone who's a fan of Philipp's that his mental strength isn't his, well, strength.
He's not a grinder, he doesn't push and consequently, he doesn't win much. He's not exactly a tactical genius either. You either like watching him play or you don't, he was never going to be Top 10, why berate him so much for losing his bearings in a match that was way over his head at this point in his career anyway, it's ridiculous. :shrug:
He did what he could under the circumstances.

But I completely agree with everyone who says that we don't know what Rafa's form is really like. I thought the whole thing looked just so gauche.
I hope he recovers next year, this year isn't looking good for him. :(

Castafiore
08-14-2009, 10:44 AM
nothing compared to his match against Boredo for example
I didn't see that match so I can't compare but I wouldn't use Robredo as a reference point to assess Rafa's chances against a player in the best of times.

fast_clay
08-14-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't understand why so many of you are so down on Philipp.
Have you never watched him play? :confused:

Rafa's style is a nightmare for him on a not-so-great day, and it's a well known fact for anyone who's a fan of Philipp's that his mental strength isn't his, well, strength.
He's not a grinder, he doesn't push and consequently, he doesn't win much. He's not exactly a tactical genius either. You either like watching him play or you don't, he was never going to be Top 10, why berate him so much for losing his bearings in a match that was way over his head at this point in his career anyway, it's ridiculous. :shrug:
He did what he could under the circumstances.

But I completely agree with everyone who says that we don't know what Rafa's form is really like. I thought the whole thing looked just so gauche.
I hope he recovers next year, this year isn't looking good for him. :(

i wouldnt worry about it too much... Phil is a cult figure... if there is a misunderstanding in this thread, its the inability to grasp what the term cult figure actually means and the mtf'ers are angry at that...

in the sea of sameness on the tour, here is one guy doing it his way...

Harmless
08-14-2009, 06:03 PM
i wouldnt worry about it too much... Phil is a cult figure... if there is a misunderstanding in this thread, its the inability to grasp what the term cult figure actually means and the mtf'ers are angry at that...

in the sea of sameness on the tour, here is one guy doing it his way...

Truth. :worship: